• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:34
CEST 09:34
KST 16:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8700 users

Virus owes money to finnish players - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
SpurvL
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden345 Posts
September 20 2011 13:22 GMT
#41
The saddest thing is that I'm not that surprised :<
Naniwa, ThorZaiN, SaSe, DeMusliM, White-RA... Where are my Zerg heroes?.. Stephano <3
dahornnn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom395 Posts
September 20 2011 13:23 GMT
#42
the virus contracts are in such poorly worded english they made more sense google translating the horrendous english into french then back to english....
surprised he lasted this long dealing with that skyboot guy who seems a fair bit.... special i guess i could say ;o
gl to the players tho
Satiinifi
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland192 Posts
September 20 2011 13:26 GMT
#43
On September 20 2011 22:18 Telcontar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2011 22:14 Satiini wrote:
Too long to explain, no risk of a sue or anything like that. Because even my contract was only a A4 long one page piece of paper with no dates even.

LOL...... It would be nice if you could just sum up what disappointed you the most into some bullet points. It'll give more insight to how Virus runs things and whether Naama's complaints are valid.


Everything naama said is valid, if I was going take a bet I would say that team will not last long, its only a matter of time.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
September 20 2011 13:34 GMT
#44
On September 20 2011 22:26 Satiini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2011 22:18 Telcontar wrote:
On September 20 2011 22:14 Satiini wrote:
Too long to explain, no risk of a sue or anything like that. Because even my contract was only a A4 long one page piece of paper with no dates even.

LOL...... It would be nice if you could just sum up what disappointed you the most into some bullet points. It'll give more insight to how Virus runs things and whether Naama's complaints are valid.


Everything naama said is valid, if I was going take a bet I would say that team will not last long, its only a matter of time.

I guess that'll just have to do. Thanks. I hope Naama can at least get some of his money back though it might be next to impossible.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Roynalf
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland886 Posts
September 20 2011 14:19 GMT
#45
FreshVegetables didnt translate one part where Manager was sometimes paying with his poker wins, maybe manager is having gambling problem and stealing some money from organisation. (just guessing based on finnish version of the article)
(V) (;,,;) (V) Woopwoopwoopwoop
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
September 20 2011 14:55 GMT
#46
Virus has some pretty solid talent but their managers seem to lack a lot when it comes to ethics.
FnaticNaama
Profile Joined February 2010
Finland120 Posts
September 20 2011 15:02 GMT
#47
When I went to homestory cup #2 Virus said they had "booked and paid" a hotel but when I arrived there I found out that it was not paid :D It was nice to sleep on the floor of the room of Tod and Rotterdam when I had only 50e cash with me.

2-3 weeks after I left I said that I refuse to give the Intel hardwares back until I have received the salary that they owe me (it was already 1 month late, like every month) so the main manager raged and threatened me of Intel sueing me etc etc and said they will never pay it. I agreed to give the intel hardwares back when intel connected me via Email and sent an ups to get the stuff.

Every month they gave 20 different dates when salary is going to come :DDD "I go to bank tomorrow morning" "we send it on wednesday" "it comes in 5 days" "today bank close french holiday" .

When I joined virus I knew it would end pretty soon cos it was a horrible organisation, I just did it for the money. But it was pretty stupid since I basically lost all of my motivation to practice while I was in Virus but who cares its only life. I feel sorry for every player in Virus and even for some managers too, some of them were nice, dont get me wrong, e.g. shiba, illu, soonmaniac etc but the Main owner/main manager of the team was a scumbag.
Naama - Dreamhack 2010 Champion and a proud creator of naama scv train and naama wall-in
tyles
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom509 Posts
September 20 2011 15:11 GMT
#48
On September 21 2011 00:02 naama- wrote:
When I went to homestory cup #2 Virus said they had "booked and paid" a hotel but when I arrived there I found out that it was not paid :D It was nice to sleep on the floor of the room of Tod and Rotterdam when I had only 50e cash with me.

2-3 weeks after I left I said that I refuse to give the Intel hardwares back until I have received the salary that they owe me (it was already 1 month late, like every month) so the main manager raged and threatened me of Intel sueing me etc etc and said they will never pay it. I agreed to give the intel hardwares back when intel connected me via Email and sent an ups to get the stuff.

Every month they gave 20 different dates when salary is going to come :DDD "I go to bank tomorrow morning" "we send it on wednesday" "it comes in 5 days" "today bank close french holiday" .

When I joined virus I knew it would end pretty soon cos it was a horrible organisation, I just did it for the money. But it was pretty stupid since I basically lost all of my motivation to practice while I was in Virus but who cares its only life. I feel sorry for every player in Virus and even for some managers too, some of them were nice, dont get me wrong, e.g. shiba, illu, soonmaniac etc but the Main owner/main manager of the team was a scumbag.


Sorry to hear that bud .

Some organisations really take the piss
Tyles.772 Bobstar.223 I'm just disappointed they overhyped an announcement which would obviously cause a lot of backlash in the TL community. Sure they acquired huk, but they didn't have to rub it in our faces.
FlamingTurd
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1059 Posts
September 20 2011 15:25 GMT
#49
First the huge Millenium failure and now all this is coming out. Seriously, these players need to stay away from French teams, there is no accountability and it seems they can just do whatever they want with no repercussions.
Nerf MMMT!!! Liquid`Ret Hwaiting!!!
Koorb
Profile Joined March 2011
France266 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-20 15:29:03
September 20 2011 15:28 GMT
#50
It's not a suprise for anyone who follow the French scene. Not only the sponsors doesn't give money to the team, but Virus used to display Red Bull as a sponsor, which was proven false. aAa even made an article which set a huge controversy among the French scene.

I'm happy that you guys (former Virus players) stepped forward though, it might prevent other players to make the mistake of signing with them.
Liquipedia
ArnaudF
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France993 Posts
September 20 2011 15:29 GMT
#51
French scene provides so much drama, at least we're on top in one domain!
My heart aches with pain, When I see you I vomit, Die away from me
Nizzy
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States839 Posts
September 20 2011 15:37 GMT
#52
On September 20 2011 18:25 chrisolo wrote:
Looks like Naama should have stayed with mousesports, even tho he would have been kicked out by now. Still this decission looks even worse now, after this got released.

Now he gets no salary at all, tho most GM League players get at least something.

Well played, Naama.


I agree he should have stayed with Mouz esports. However why would he have been kicked out by now?
Nizzy
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States839 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-20 15:43:20
September 20 2011 15:42 GMT
#53
On September 21 2011 00:02 naama- wrote:
naama quote


Why did you leave Mouz in the first place dude? Was it to be with Satiini in virus?

EDIT: The reason I say this is because Mouz has a fairly solid team IMO right now.
KinQuh
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland810 Posts
September 20 2011 15:45 GMT
#54
Atleast they brought this public so people know to avoid Virus :<
Holy check.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 20 2011 15:49 GMT
#55
I don't understand how managers and people can fall short of paying the basics of a contract ._.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Perseverance
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan2800 Posts
September 20 2011 15:52 GMT
#56
Man, hearing about this stuff really sucks. I'm just glad that only small teams seem to have these issue's (Usually, poor coL). Hopefully everything gets sorted out. Though I doubt that will happen. Most likely Virus will just melt away...
<3 Moonbattles
AzurewinD
Profile Joined November 2010
United States569 Posts
September 20 2011 15:56 GMT
#57
On September 20 2011 19:28 Strelok wrote:
Absolutely every team i left in like 3-4 years - owed me some money, from pretty small sum with mouz-es which i even didn't request from them to return to me up to pretty big sum from ESC which me and W-Ra tried to return during like 1 year but without any success. That's cybersport Naama, so you better forget about this stuff and just move forward.



Well this is thoroughly depressing...
"...I want more people to be in that state more often, to see things not through the limited and rigid mind or the fearful ego, but through a heart that loves to express and create" - Xiaonan "Glider" Sun
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 20 2011 15:58 GMT
#58
On September 21 2011 00:56 AzurewinD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2011 19:28 Strelok wrote:
Absolutely every team i left in like 3-4 years - owed me some money, from pretty small sum with mouz-es which i even didn't request from them to return to me up to pretty big sum from ESC which me and W-Ra tried to return during like 1 year but without any success. That's cybersport Naama, so you better forget about this stuff and just move forward.



Well this is thoroughly depressing...


Even if they should just let it go, it should be made apparent that these things aren't entirely acceptable.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
September 20 2011 16:03 GMT
#59
On September 21 2011 00:42 Nizzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 00:02 naama- wrote:
naama quote


Why did you leave Mouz in the first place dude? Was it to be with Satiini in virus?

EDIT: The reason I say this is because Mouz has a fairly solid team IMO right now.


As he said, it was because of the money they offered him.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
esaul17
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada547 Posts
September 20 2011 16:05 GMT
#60
Haha, I thought this was in reference to the player Virus for a moment. Was like "Hm? Did he lose a bet or something?".
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4550
Shuttle 1806
Leta 1691
BeSt 397
Soulkey 191
Soma 147
sorry 55
ZergMaN 31
Shine 23
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm156
League of Legends
JimRising 579
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Other Games
summit1g7851
WinterStarcraft672
Sick193
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Rush1361
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 26m
Patches Events
7h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 26m
OSC
15h 26m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.