• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:47
CEST 04:47
KST 11:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8606 users

Moletrap's casting for gom 'long term' - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 78 Next
okrane
Profile Joined April 2010
France265 Posts
August 08 2011 16:25 GMT
#441
I didnt like moletrap: his style is too unnatural - he tries hyping things up and fails by overdoing it.
I am currently enjoying Doa/Wolf for code A casters: they are good and have a lot of potential.

I believe gom will lose some viewers if moletrap becomes a permanent caster.
Really disappointed with Starcraft II Zerg! :(
UnholyRai
Profile Joined September 2010
720 Posts
August 08 2011 16:38 GMT
#442
most irritating caster ever
Gogo Grubby.
MalakhWing
Profile Joined November 2010
United States16 Posts
August 08 2011 16:40 GMT
#443
I got to talk to this guy at Anaheim where he mentioned he was going back. Looking forward to the return of moletrap's casting.
Rayansaki
Profile Joined January 2011
Portugal1266 Posts
August 08 2011 16:55 GMT
#444
On August 08 2011 22:17 cyclone25 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 22:13 Rayansaki wrote:
At least gomtv was kind enough to refund my ticket even tho it has been more than 3 days.


Lol, was Moletrap the reason?


Yes, and I explained it in the request.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: IMNestea (Death), IMLosirA (Famine), IMmvp (War), IMFenix (Conquest)
Agnosthar
Profile Joined August 2010
631 Posts
August 08 2011 16:58 GMT
#445
Pretty disappointed personally, since Moletrap was the only caster they've had so far that I couldn't listen to. I'll just have to watch less code A and GSTL than I used to.
D_K_night
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada615 Posts
August 08 2011 16:59 GMT
#446
Moletrap is fine for the most part. There are some things he can work on, and maybe some things...not much he can do about.

The irritation experienced by some people is due to, when his voice ramps up, and the higher-pitched portion takes over, eg. when he says "ooohhh noooooo"

It was just a bad combination of Moletrap +DoA. They didn't have good chemistry together and it was easy to get the impression that well, the two really didn't like each other. Moletrap was set to be "his own man" and DoA was trying to make it like Tastetosis(with Moletrap having none of that).

DoA's "lame but otherwise (awwwwwwww) really nice guy" contrasted too sharply with Moletrap's no-nonsense approach. I think it just takes a different combination of Moletrap + (someone else) and it'll probably be OK.

I don't know. This is just my opinion, but I find myself so happy to see Tastetosis back, everytime I run through a slew of Moletrap.
Canada
EmilA
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark4618 Posts
August 08 2011 17:01 GMT
#447
Pretty risky business of GOM considering he could hit puberty any day now and his voice would be unable to scream of excitement
http://dotabuff.com/players/122305951 playing other games
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
August 08 2011 17:06 GMT
#448
MOLETRAP! :D :D :D
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
August 08 2011 17:07 GMT
#449
On August 09 2011 02:01 EmilA wrote:
Pretty risky business of GOM considering he could hit puberty any day now and his voice would be unable to scream of excitement


Hahaha oh my god.
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
sabres
Profile Joined February 2011
United States23 Posts
August 08 2011 17:10 GMT
#450
Although I personally don't like moletrap maybe wolf can be good enough to carry the duo. However, if moletrap continues his habit of talking over people I will start to watch code A on mute because wolf knows more and is a better caster.

This is very disappointing because the quality of casting has been so high the past couple seasons I forgot what it was like to have to suffer through bad casting to watch good games.
Neverplay
Profile Joined May 2010
Austria532 Posts
August 08 2011 17:19 GMT
#451
personally i only like wolf from the code A casters but i guess moletrap will be OK too.

Tastosis is still the most awesome caster combination that will ever exist, to bad they cant cast all GSL games :/
Better light a candle than curse the darkness
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
August 08 2011 17:58 GMT
#452
Is moletrap the only one of the "enthusiastic Youtube amateurs" from like 2006/2007, still around and casting?

E.g. Klazart/Diggity/etc.

It's pretty impressive that he transitioned from that to GSL.
I will eat you alive
KlaraFall
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany51 Posts
August 08 2011 18:19 GMT
#453

Lets wait for Khaldor in September .. FXOKhaldor and FXOWolf will be awesome Code A coverage !!
Pelirrojo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States98 Posts
August 08 2011 18:30 GMT
#454
I can't stand moletrap - I exit the video as soon as I hear him. I don't mind DOA. Wolf is awesome. Frankly I would prefer solo wolf over any other combo except maybe wolf+QXC, that was pretty cool.

And yes I bought a ticket, and no I will not be canceling it. I just won't watch anything moletrap casts unless it's one of the matches with a foreigner or a player I really like. So I'll probably end up watching it all anyways
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
August 08 2011 18:30 GMT
#455
On August 09 2011 00:13 JustPassingBy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 22:52 Joseph123 wrote:
there are 2 variants for good casting at the gsl
- someone tells Moletrap to calm down while casting, stop with the bad jokes, stop interrupting the other caster, actually start playing the game and become good ( at least masters ) at it so he can provide some information to the viewers that can at least not make him look stupid while commentating, stop screaming please
- get Torch in the house


So you expect casters in Korea to be at least masters?
Did you know how many problems the FXO guys had in Korea to get to masters?

none? lol. maybe you're thinking of GM.
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
August 08 2011 18:48 GMT
#456
oh noes, Moletrap .

He has such an awkard style and his chemistry with other casters at GOM is just plain non-existent.

Please tell me that at least Wolf isn't going anywhere.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
August 08 2011 18:52 GMT
#457
I like Moletrap, best of luck.

Guy has an insane amount of passion and its great to hear that during games :D
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
D_K_night
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada615 Posts
August 08 2011 21:15 GMT
#458
If Moletrap is set to be a permanent fixture, Mr Wolf or Torch would be needed to equalize things out.

I might in the minority here but I really, really liked lone Wolf. The slow drift to borderline insanity, the giggling and laughing at his own jokes, the times where he couldn't even finish his own sentences(and then laughing) were absolute entertainment.
Canada
Greggle
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1131 Posts
August 08 2011 21:17 GMT
#459
DoA+Wolf has been perfect, I don't know how I feel about this. Moletrap didn't do well with DoA at all. I like things the way they are =(
Life is too short to take it seriously.
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
August 09 2011 05:02 GMT
#460
How about a hype video for Moletrap?
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
Nina 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14915
Rain 2147
Dewaltoss 50
NaDa 36
Bale 30
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever408
NeuroSwarm185
Counter-Strike
taco 625
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1580
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1351
WinterStarcraft612
Other Games
summit1g9100
Doublelift3416
JimRising 629
PiGStarcraft315
ArmadaUGS240
C9.Mang0211
Maynarde146
ViBE112
ZombieGrub27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick916
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo494
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 13m
OSC
10h 13m
Stellar Fest
10h 13m
OSC
21h 13m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.