• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:48
CEST 18:48
KST 01:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8868 users

Moletrap's casting for gom 'long term' - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 78 Next
hyptonic
Profile Joined June 2011
2155 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 00:26:45
August 08 2011 00:26 GMT
#181
just keep wolf+doa gom

they are the best possible combination.

moletrap doesn't fit in with them....
TheHova
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United Kingdom2612 Posts
August 08 2011 00:26 GMT
#182
On August 08 2011 09:12 FarbrorAbavna wrote:
I hope he has taken to heart some of the criticism that came of his casting for GOM last time around. Hopefully he will be all the better. Moletrap is still one of the best english commentators for BW, really want him to succeed more in SC2.


Yeah, tbh i didn't mind him in BW. I dunno what it is that made me go the other way so much the last time he casted at GOM. I think him trying to predict things and saying other things that were just plain wrong didn't help when he clearly has limited knowledge of the game. It's a pet peeve of mine and instantly makes me want to mute the stream or turn it over. I don't mind people having limited knowledge, say for example TotalBiscuit or DJWheat. I think they're great casters but they know what they're good at and don't try to pretend otherwise. Plus they have great chemistry with other casters which is so important imo. Once you start disliking something about a cast, it's very easy to fall into a habit of just not liking anything about it anymore. Even their voice starts to become irritating towards the end.

I hope he has improved, takes the constructive criticism and doesn't just think it's all hate. i'll always try and give him a chance at least. But i'll be disappointed if it's the same as before.
sunman1g
Profile Joined May 2011
United States334 Posts
August 08 2011 00:26 GMT
#183
i'm not gonna watch whatever he is streaming.
i can't understand GOM decision at all to be honest.

wolf is the best code A caster they had so far so i hope this does not mean he will stop doing so.

no offence moletrap but you got the worst voice i have ever heard.
it does not even matter if you were saying the right thing all the time (which you don't) - your voice is just so high pitched... sigh TT_TT
iYiYi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States489 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 00:27:28
August 08 2011 00:27 GMT
#184
Not a moletrap fan at all. Wolf and Doa I thought was pretty good, I wonder why they called moletrap back.
SLTR.Maverick
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada142 Posts
August 08 2011 00:28 GMT
#185
Moletrap is awesome, glad to see him back with GOM :D
[S]laughter Gaming
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
August 08 2011 00:28 GMT
#186
Moletrap has *awful* synergy and that is imo why he fails as a caster. He doesn't try to work with the caster, it's very awkward to watch. I am unhappy with this decision -- wolf is great, qxc is great, doa is meh EXCEPT when wolf -- then he is quite good imo!

Please stop this GOM =(
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
Erionn
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1015 Posts
August 08 2011 00:30 GMT
#187
On August 08 2011 08:53 maartendq wrote:
I mean no disrespect, but the moment I hear Moletrap's voice on any stream, I switch it off. His voice is so high-pitched it actually annoys me. He's got zero, nada, niente charisma, no synergy with any caster and he's just not funny, no matter how hard he tries.

I know he's very passionate about the game, but some people are just not meant to do certain jobs. The best code-A casting post-tastosis has been Wolf during his solo days. Everything else has been completely sub-par, especially when you've got tastosis casting Code-S.

If only they managed to get day9/DjWheat or Day9/DiApollo to do some casting at GSL..


Pretty much agree. I have nothing against Moletrap himself, but his voice and constant cutting off of the co-caster really annoys me.

I was hoping we'd just get to keep Dolf forever, but I guess not.
Jumbled
Profile Joined September 2010
1543 Posts
August 08 2011 00:31 GMT
#188
I really hope he has at least improved his game knowledge. It was pretty terrible when he was casting previously.
KaiserGL
Profile Joined November 2010
United States18 Posts
August 08 2011 00:33 GMT
#189
Seriously, if this is going to be permanent, stoppppp with the awful jokes and dorky humor. I don't know if it's add or just immaturity, but it's seriously irritating. Every time I hear Moletrap commentating, so LITTLE commentary is actually directed toward the match. I can't even focus on the details of the game because Moletrap is busy chasing his imagination and going off on childish tangents about the storyline or whatever unrelated category first comes to his mind.

I don't mean to come off so cold, but considering the fact that I pay money for this content, it would be nice to know that the commentators are taking measures to improve upon themselves.
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
August 08 2011 00:33 GMT
#190
Thyey've had... 4 right? Kelly, Doa, Wolf and Moletrap?

Wolf >>>> Doa > Moletrap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kelly in my opinion.

I actually really liked Moletrap when he started, but by the 2nd season he casted he just really irritated me. Small amounts I'd be happy for, but long term makes me sad. He just doesn't work well with a co-caster, at all.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
August 08 2011 00:34 GMT
#191
wait does this mean that wolf right now isnt permanent but still on his "temporary" or "trail" phase?

Cus doa is the "permanent" caster, so does it mean it's moletrap + doa now?
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
theBizness
Profile Joined July 2011
United States696 Posts
August 08 2011 00:34 GMT
#192
They might be trying to keep more casters there to prevent fatigue. People can get sick/burned out/too tired from casting all day every day and trying to keep up with whatever other things they have going on. Also, the occasional vacation day or two is good to have, so having a rotation is better than scrambling to find replacements. Kind of ambivalent about the announcement: not a fan at all, but it won't stop me from watching because ultimately I care more about the games. It does make a difference though, and having good casters definitely makes it more accessible to beginners.
Less money for casters, more money for players.
TVUmK
Profile Joined April 2011
United States91 Posts
August 08 2011 00:34 GMT
#193
This is cool, i actually enjoyed moletrap.
"Just go (freaking) kill him!"-Day9
hooktits
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States972 Posts
August 08 2011 00:39 GMT
#194
i must say in my opinion my favorite combination of comentators other then tasteless and artosis of course were doa and moletrap. The other try outs were all very enjoyable but i definatly enjoyed that combo the most.
Hooktits of Tits gaming @hooktits twit
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
August 08 2011 00:39 GMT
#195
Wolf >>>>>>>> Doa >>> Kelly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moletrap
Azuroz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden1630 Posts
August 08 2011 00:40 GMT
#196
So much hate everywhere...
Im just happy the guy gets to live his dream, i think he is a fine caster, and he has genuine excitement for the game which is one of the things i apperciate.
I think people should focus less on casters in general, i dont really see how a caster can make or break a pro game, if you watch gsl you most likely know whats going on in the game anyways.
Learn to apperciate the game and the players instead of the quality of jokes that the casters tell.
Team NSHoseo <3
sOvrn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States678 Posts
August 08 2011 00:41 GMT
#197
On August 08 2011 09:28 Vei wrote:
Moletrap has *awful* synergy and that is imo why he fails as a caster. He doesn't try to work with the caster, it's very awkward to watch. I am unhappy with this decision -- wolf is great, qxc is great, doa is meh EXCEPT when wolf -- then he is quite good imo!

Please stop this GOM =(


Couldn't have said it better. Moletrap and doa got nasty and very awkward at times. I skipped most of the games they casted to be honest and I remember being very bummed out when I bought a GSTL ticket not knowing that they were the only caster for the whole thing. Wolf in turn is fantastic. He's been good no matter the pairing. I wish they'd just give the position to wolf and torch permanently, imo.
My favorites: Terran - Maru // Protoss - SoS // Zerg - soO ~~~ fighting!
suspiciousbear
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada112 Posts
August 08 2011 00:42 GMT
#198
I don't watch every code A game anyway. I guess I can watch the ones he casts muted. I'll only watch the Terran (my race) games that he casts, and watch them muted. I don't like his voice or his mannerisms. He's a very polarizing character, and I don't think that kind of person is good as a caster. Sure some will love him but a lot of people hate him to the point that they can't even listen to his casts.
Murkinlol
Profile Joined August 2010
United States366 Posts
August 08 2011 00:43 GMT
#199
On August 08 2011 09:40 Azuroz wrote:
So much hate everywhere...
Im just happy the guy gets to live his dream, i think he is a fine caster, and he has genuine excitement for the game which is one of the things i apperciate.
I think people should focus less on casters in general, i dont really see how a caster can make or break a pro game, if you watch gsl you most likely know whats going on in the game anyways.
Learn to apperciate the game and the players instead of the quality of jokes that the casters tell.


Someone's voice can easily make or break a game. What's wrong with voicing your dislike over a caster? I think he has an annoying voice so I dislike him as a caster. Nothing personal, I would just rather listen to any other caster. Do I hate him? No. And people getting warned for their opinions on a caster, pretty lame.
Ratchets, designer jackets
norterrible
Profile Joined October 2009
United States618 Posts
August 08 2011 00:43 GMT
#200
moletrap seems like a good guy and has a lot of love for the game, I'm just not really sure he has the charisma or voice to be able to cast games professionally. best of luck to him though, maybe he will grow on me if he calms down with the awkward yelling over his co-casters.
kekeke
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 37
mouzHeroMarine 22
UpATreeSC 8
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1288
Shuttle 1142
Soma 677
Mini 674
Rush 462
actioN 457
Light 362
Larva 334
BeSt 222
Snow 161
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 108
Dewaltoss 77
Zeus 67
Barracks 58
Liquid`Ret 56
JYJ 27
Sexy 27
soO 25
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 24
Shine 24
Trap 19
sorry 14
Terrorterran 14
zelot 14
Rock 11
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2068
Dendi883
420jenkins169
Counter-Strike
Fnx 778
pashabiceps684
x6flipin459
ceh9378
edward80
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5742
Grubby3384
Liquid`Hasu219
Other Games
Beastyqt463
byalli460
B2W.Neo438
Khaldor212
DeMusliM157
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe128
ArmadaUGS113
BRAT_OK 83
Trikslyr54
TKL 53
C9.Mang052
Railgan4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH248
• StrangeGG 83
• mYiSmile124
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 12
• FirePhoenix10
• Azhi_Dahaki3
• 80smullet 1
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV436
League of Legends
• Nemesis2849
• TFBlade785
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 12m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 12m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.