• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:28
CEST 12:28
KST 19:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
https://www.facebook.com/Qinux.CamZoom How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12128 users

Boxer and Yellow Interview

Forum Index > SC2 General
173 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
August 05 2011 16:05 GMT
#1
Source: kimbilly @ PgR21.com
Link: http://www.playxp.com/sc2/bbs/view.php?article_id=3258690
Note: I used the TIG interview to clarify bits of this interview. I didn't add the details from the TIG interview though

▼ A Lim Jin Rok happened in Starcraft 2. If I had to hear about your thoughts?
(T)BoxeR - When Yellow retired, it really hit my mind pretty hard. I didn't know if I would ever be able to play in a Lim Jin Rok again, and because I imagined that he would never return as a gamer, I think I got to play in a match that I could have never imagined would take place. Even though Yellow lost, I don't know what would have happened if I lost. I think it's amazing enough that he showed us a match of this caliber in a month. Yellow is really amazing.
(Z)YellOw - It was a place with a lot of meaning. When BoxeR went over to Starcraft 2, I wondered if a Lim Jin Rok could take place again, and I was uplifted that we got to play. I didn't have a lot of time to practice, but I prepared diligently. But because there was a huge skill differential, I lost embarrassingly. I thought of this Lim Jin Rok a bit lightly, but when I played and I lost, even though I retired, I've gained some competitive spirit. If I gain the opportunity in the future, I'll do my best to make sure there aren't any humiliating games.

▼ Have you considered transitioning to Starcraft 2?
Yellow - To a certain extent, I'm not at a stage where I could answer with any certainty whether I will transition or not. When I retired from being a gamer, I packed away all the lingering dreams I had as a gamer, and so while it isn't impossible I'll challenge myself as a Starcraft 2 gamer, it's very unlikely. After I retired, I've gotten some relationships with Starcraft 2 and even got to play in a match. I don't know if there'll be any turning points that will trigger me to transition.
BoxeR - We should do this more often. I hope Yellow doesn't think of this as humiliation.

▼ If you had to compare [Yellow's skill level] with your skill level after you played a month?
BoxeR - While I might have been one of the top players when I first placed, now things have become systemized and it's really difficult to get to Code S, so I won't be able to say anything concrete unless he plays consistently for over two months. If he's this good after playing a month, then I think he played really well. Because he thinks completely differently from all the other Zerg players in Starcraft 2, I think fans will like him.

▼ Lim Jin Rok were historical moments in Starcraft 1. How do you want Lim Jin Rok to be remembered in Starcraft 2?
Boxer - I want it to happen amidst an atmosphere of festivity for the fans. I saw that people fixed Yellow's chance to win as 22.2% when Yellow and I play and learned what the fans had wanted. In Starcraft 2, I hope a rival format happens again, a format where we both try to overcome each other.

▼ Suppose that you did decide to come back. Do you have any thoughts of joining SlayerS?
Yellow - If I make a come back then all realms of possibility are open. I'm not going to not go just because it's the team that has BoxeR. I think in order to overcome that person, being on the same team would be helpful. I think it's one good method.
BoxeR - I'm against it. I think it'll be better if Yellow made his own team. If you look at the big picture for the Starcraft 2 market, I think Yellow having his own identity would be for the best for e-Sports.

▼ If you had to say something to the fans?
BoxeR - I don't know how much I drove up Yellow's competitive spirit, but if I introduced to him how the game plays and raised his competitive spirit then that's enough for me. I'll do my best so that Yellow comes into Starcraft 2.
Yellow - I've been having fun with Starcraft 2 from before. When I played Zerg in Starcraft 2, I think the race has changed a lot due to the Queen. I played a lot because I found this very fun, and I think today I've only gained competitive spirit. It's been a while since I felt this, and I'd be satisfied if all the fans had fun, but personally I'm a bit disappointed since they'd be the happiest if they saw me win. I'll remember this match and use this to spark my revenge if the opportunity arises again and I get to play BoxeR again.




Lim Jin Rok refers to Boxer vs Yellow matches. Lim Yo Hwan, Hong Jin Ho, and I believe "Rok" refers to records.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
ReturnStroke
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States801 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 16:07:24
August 05 2011 16:06 GMT
#2
BoxeR's all class. Also cool he is so passionate.

EDIT: STILL* so passionate.
Crais
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2136 Posts
August 05 2011 16:08 GMT
#3
Holy shit Milkis you translated already? Good lord thats awesome. Thanks!
I'm super excited to see what Yello's decision is.
RIP MBC Game Hero
Dalguno
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2446 Posts
August 05 2011 16:09 GMT
#4
What is Lim Jin Rok?
"I'm gonna keep making drones cause I'm a baller, and ballers make drones." -Snute
leBIGcrab
Profile Joined February 2011
France313 Posts
August 05 2011 16:10 GMT
#5
On August 06 2011 01:09 Dalguno wrote:
What is Lim Jin Rok?


Looks like showmatch.
MrSweetNess
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia312 Posts
August 05 2011 16:10 GMT
#6
I hope that Yellow will switch over. Would do so much good for the SC2 scene
White-Ra - Special Barbeque Tactics
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
August 05 2011 16:10 GMT
#7
On August 06 2011 01:09 Dalguno wrote:
What is Lim Jin Rok?


Special name for Boxer vs Yellow matches. I should have clarified in the OP. Sorry about that.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
August 05 2011 16:11 GMT
#8
Lim Jin Rok I believe is the nickname for the history of matches between Lim Yo Hwan and Hong Jin Ho.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Betsfrox
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Venezuela248 Posts
August 05 2011 16:12 GMT
#9
Nice, we need a rematch
Premier
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States503 Posts
August 05 2011 16:13 GMT
#10
Great translation Milkis!!!!
Picture Me Rollin' - DJ Premier, Titan of the Tables
moltenlead
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada866 Posts
August 05 2011 16:13 GMT
#11
Milkis, I think what everyone wants is the translation of the ingame chat But wow, you are fast.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
August 05 2011 16:13 GMT
#12
On August 06 2011 01:13 moltenlead wrote:
Milkis, I think what everyone wants is the translation of the ingame chat But wow, you are fast.


get me transcriptions/screenshots
MileyCyrus
Profile Joined August 2010
United States285 Posts
August 05 2011 16:15 GMT
#13
Thanks for the translation!
vvv-gaming.com
Tuthur
Profile Joined July 2010
France985 Posts
August 05 2011 16:15 GMT
#14
Hmmm, YellIOw is such a tease, letting us hanging on whether he's going to switch or not :p
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
August 05 2011 16:18 GMT
#15
Thanks for the translation.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
August 05 2011 16:18 GMT
#16
On August 06 2011 01:13 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 01:13 moltenlead wrote:
Milkis, I think what everyone wants is the translation of the ingame chat But wow, you are fast.


get me transcriptions/screenshots


It went on throughout the three games, there was quite a lot of it. It would probably be better to go through the games I think.
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
August 05 2011 16:18 GMT
#17
Ahh Yellow, second as always.
God Bless
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
August 05 2011 16:20 GMT
#18
I am glad that at least one progamer in Korea views the queen as one of the most influencial new units.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
krazymunky
Profile Joined June 2008
United States727 Posts
August 05 2011 16:22 GMT
#19
On August 06 2011 01:18 Roffles wrote:
Ahh Yellow, second as always.


The true Kong has arrived in sc2. GTFO MKP!
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
August 05 2011 16:22 GMT
#20
Yeah translation of the ingame chat would be sweet, I think that was a huge part of the match, that the foreign fans missed out on.

Yellow if he formes his own team.....YellOw_MarineKing :0, second place would get so tough :p
thanks for the interview!
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings30
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech101
Lowko19
SHIN 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1140
Hyuk 1073
Bisu 932
Larva 585
Leta 141
Zeus 131
Sexy 124
EffOrt 122
Mini 108
Soma 104
[ Show more ]
PianO 93
Pusan 73
Last 67
ZerO 45
Hyun 42
ToSsGirL 38
Killer 35
sorry 29
Bale 27
Hm[arnc] 22
Trap 22
yabsab 17
Aegong 9
JulyZerg 9
Noble 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe450
XaKoH 374
League of Legends
JimRising 293
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1448
Other Games
gofns35605
singsing1792
crisheroes247
OGKoka 191
Mew2King143
ArmadaUGS65
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick551
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream180
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• LUISG 46
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7496
League of Legends
• Jankos1404
• Stunt912
Upcoming Events
Online Event
32m
FEL
5h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 32m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.