• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:32
CEST 01:32
KST 08:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12734 users

Liquid'Tyler : Aiur's Phoenix - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
hatespam
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Romania161 Posts
July 26 2011 15:21 GMT
#141
greaT READ, THANK YOU FOR POSTING sorry for caps, not deleting
ask, and you shall have asked
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
July 26 2011 15:24 GMT
#142
Ppl expecting him to do great at MLG will be disappointed. He still doesn't practice. I dont know why but i think he just kinda lost his passion.

I was a Nony fan before he won Tsl2 but i just dont see the fire/confidence in him anymore
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
July 26 2011 15:37 GMT
#143
On July 27 2011 00:24 Tabbris wrote:
Ppl expecting him to do great at MLG will be disappointed. He still doesn't practice. I dont know why but i think he just kinda lost his passion.

I was a Nony fan before he won Tsl2 but i just dont see the fire/confidence in him anymore


Perhaps he's just not as intense as before. I'm fairly sure that his practice time is severely limited due to perhaps his family or some extraneous circumstance.
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-26 15:47:20
July 26 2011 15:38 GMT
#144
Maybe he married the SC 2 version of Yoko Ono?

EDIT: Well, he married her before winning TSL 2, or so I believe, so I suppose this can't be true
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
RoyAlex
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway420 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-26 15:42:34
July 26 2011 15:42 GMT
#145
On July 27 2011 00:24 Tabbris wrote:
Ppl expecting him to do great at MLG will be disappointed. He still doesn't practice. I dont know why but i think he just kinda lost his passion.

I was a Nony fan before he won Tsl2 but i just dont see the fire/confidence in him anymore


He lost his passion many year ago! ^_^
Mordiford
Profile Joined April 2011
4448 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-26 15:47:52
July 26 2011 15:44 GMT
#146
On July 27 2011 00:37 xXFireandIceXx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2011 00:24 Tabbris wrote:
Ppl expecting him to do great at MLG will be disappointed. He still doesn't practice. I dont know why but i think he just kinda lost his passion.

I was a Nony fan before he won Tsl2 but i just dont see the fire/confidence in him anymore


Perhaps he's just not as intense as before. I'm fairly sure that his practice time is severely limited due to perhaps his family or some extraneous circumstance.


I feel like it would have to be some extraneous circumstance unless his wife is more demanding than most, but once again... We have no real information and haven't been given any real information about what's holding him back other than, "I don't practice". White-ra has a wife and all that too, in addition to having a personal sponsorship as opposed to a team and he still manages to perform really well so I don't really know what the situation with Tyler is, but speculating won't really get us anywhere.

I'm not interested in the could be at this point and more interested in him actually achieving the potential everyone keeps hyping up. If he doesn't, whatever, he still seems like a cool guy, but without actual reasoning given behind the, "I don't practice", it just sounds like disinterest.
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
July 26 2011 15:45 GMT
#147
Nice OP. Things like this can really help a player get the motivation he needs before a big tournament.
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
July 26 2011 15:50 GMT
#148
Going to throw my 500th post here, I am a true NonY fan boy if there ever was such a good article and hoping that he goes far at Anaheim I will be there in person to cheer him on. Just hope I don't hit him in the open Bracket Conflict of Interest. I want Tyler to win more than me :D.

Tyler FIGHTING!!!!
I am Godzilla You are Japan
Stijx
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States804 Posts
July 26 2011 15:50 GMT
#149
I've been supporting Tyler from the first day I saw him play. His personality, playstyle and clear love and understanding of this game make him an easy to love guy. I sincerely hope that he does find the will to practice and play a pro-gamer schedule again, but if he doesn't I am completely confident it is for a reason more important or for something that he loves enough to go beyond his love for SC2.
Supporting you all the way Tyler! <33
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 26 2011 15:50 GMT
#150
Tyler was the first favorite player I ever had :') the HDH were the first casted sc2 gamed I had ever seen, and NoNy was my favorite player :') I WILL REMEMBER DA TYLER
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Mouth
Profile Joined August 2010
United States122 Posts
July 26 2011 16:47 GMT
#151
I started coming to TL in the sc2 beta and still have a great respect for what tyler has done and what he's capable of. You just gotta love teeler!! TYLER FIGHITNG!!!
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
July 26 2011 17:01 GMT
#152
I rediscovered starcraft (after my small stint of playing it a bit when i was young) during the tsl2 idra nony match and since then ive been a fan, i have a strong feeling theres a personal reason/hidden reason behind his lack of practice and i can only hope he gets it sorted and start hammering out these amazing builds im sure he has thought up. Nony/tyler fighting!!
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
July 26 2011 17:11 GMT
#153
On July 26 2011 19:41 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
My take on Tyler's situation is this: The man obviously has a deep passion for Starcraft, or he wouldn't be playing it professionally and engaging in the community. And he's made clear that something IRL is getting between him and the kind of practice regimen that would allow him to shine. Because he's so obviously passionate about his craft, and because TL's leadership presumably knows what's going on and has continued to be supportive of him, we can only deduce that whatever is going on behind the scenes must be a pretty huge deal.

Given that I respect Tyler's decision to keep his private life private and have no reason to doubt the judgement of TL leadership, I'm content to remain in the dark and just have faith that (1) whatever is going on will not last forever and (2) when Tyler is able to return to top form, he'll likely have what it takes to be a major player in the SC2 scene.

Seriously, we have so little information about what the situation is that all of the criticism and praise that are heaped on Tyler seem a little silly.


I somewhat agree, altho come to think of it you shouldnt put too much faith in TL, I mean teams like EG still keeps players like LzGamer on and pays him, I mean what exactly has he been doing and or winning to show that he should be a PAID player? Tyler is far better than him tho and this is in no way try to bash on either, but by my business logic it doesnt fit.

However, at Tyler is honest about why he is worse now and that is lack of practice. That I respect.
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
sickoota
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada918 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-26 17:18:30
July 26 2011 17:18 GMT
#154
AFAIK Tyler has suffered from serious depression for a long time and this is the "IRL" stuff and health issues he has mentioned before... If its not appropriate to share here plz delete this post but the information is pretty easily accessible in some of his old TL posts.
I could spend a while with that smile
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
July 26 2011 17:26 GMT
#155
Good read. Tyler is the number one guy in the SC2 scene that I would like to see top results from.
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
July 26 2011 17:56 GMT
#156
On July 26 2011 15:41 superbabosheki wrote:
He just needs to do an official name change back to nony and the pwnage will return.


I 100% agree!
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
July 26 2011 17:57 GMT
#157
Regardless of what you do Tyler, as long as you're trying, we'll still be cheering for you! Best of luck at MLG
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
July 26 2011 17:59 GMT
#158
He just needs to put his head down and practice. I don't think he cares as much anymore and probably is more concerned with life outside of gaming now.
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
N3rV[Green]
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1935 Posts
July 26 2011 18:02 GMT
#159
Those Arbitarsssssssssss videos were what made me start to love the man called NonY.

And today he's my favorite brotoss. I just wish he was as dominating as he was in SC1.

NonY fighting!!!!! and please change your name to Liquid'NonY. xD
Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong.
Voreau
Profile Joined June 2011
United States192 Posts
July 26 2011 18:10 GMT
#160
Amazing write-up, thanks for this! Well deserved respect for a true pillar of this community. Tyler Fighting!!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings53
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta19
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O113
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9414
Artosis 661
ZZZero.O 113
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
Doublelift5714
JimRising 416
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe36
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3930
Other Games
summit1g9182
FrodaN2209
Liquid`RaSZi1867
Livibee417
C9.Mang0388
Maynarde161
Mew2King44
ArmadaUGS25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 134
• musti20045 38
• Sammyuel 28
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1190
• Shiphtur628
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 28m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.