• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:05
CEST 18:05
KST 01:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7688 users

Iron Lady Player Spotlight: Flo - Bunny Cup Winner

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
pHaRSiDE
Profile Joined March 2011
United States752 Posts
July 14 2011 05:25 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Recently the terran all-star Flo won the first NESL Iron Lady Bunny Cup 1 in which the prize was a big 2 pound bunny. That translates to a life supply of chocolate, or 1 week of chocolate for a chocoholic like Flo! Our content writer Emily 'NyxRose' Rose caught up with Flo and her bunny for a quick interview and I think its a great read so check it out!

[image loading]
Flo and her 2 pound Bunny!

Flo Contact Information
Battle.net Profile
Justin.TV Stream Channel
Facebook Fan Page
Twitter Page


Excerpt:
ESL.NyxRose: [In an earlier conversation], you mentioned that you attended NASL this weekend, which I am very envious of! How was that experience for you?
Flo: It was the best experience I’ve ever had. A lot of people recognized me, even Day9. It was an honor to meet all these people including LiquidRet, megumixbear, Diggity, and moletrap. It inspired me to train harder, get my name out there and to eventually make SCII history.

View full interview with pictures Here:
http://www.nationalesl.com/us/sc2/ironlady/news/165201/

Full Text Interview:
+ Show Spoiler +

ESL Emily 'NyxRose' Rose: Congratulations on winning the first tournament of the Bunny Cup series. How does it feel to have won a two-pound chocolate bunny?
Flo Yao: Thanks! It feels great winning. And fat :3
ESL.NyxRose: Are you planning on eating the whole thing on your own? Or are you gonna share it?
Flo: I promised Aurora, [who] recently won the Iron Lady, that I’d give her an ear. Rest is mine ‘cause I love chocolate.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: Fair enough! It sounds like it’s the perfect prize for you. So was the Bunny Cup your first tournament win?>
Flo: Nope, I won the 4th ESL Female Cup, which most people know me from.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: Very nice! It sounds like you're a seasoned champ in the Starcraft II scene. Can you tell us a little bit about your competitive gaming history?
Flo: I've played Counter-Strike 1.6 for 8-9 years, competitively for 2-3, and [I] switched over to SCII last November. So winning the ESL female cup was my first debut.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: Why did you decide to make the switch from a first-person shooter game to a real-time strategy game?
Flo: I realized that Counter-Strike was beginning to become outdated. I have played Starcraft 1 in the past, so when I heard SCII was out, I knew it was going to be big. So I wanted to make the switch. Other than that, I suppose I'm a natural gamer, open to learn any different genres of games.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: How did you get so good at SCII so quickly?
Flo: Hmm, I suppose I'm a fast learner when it comes to video games, but practicing is definitely a factor.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: Do you ever plan on competing at any live events?
Flo: Yea, going to [MLG] Anaheim. And I'm pretty sure I can go to MLG Orlando, hopefully. But I will go to any event if I get the opportunity to.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: How did you feel coming into the Bunny Cup? Were you nervous at all?
Flo: Felt confident.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: What would you advise to other players who want to win tournaments like the Bunny Cup?
Flo: Practice, practice, practice. I recommend practice partners, because you get feedback unlike laddering. But both are really good.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: [In an earlier conversation], you mentioned that you attended NASL this weekend, which I am very envious of! How was that experience for you?
Flo: It was the best experience I’ve ever had. A lot of people recognized me, even Day9. It was an honor to meet all these people including LiquidRet, megumixbear, Diggity, and moletrap. It inspired me to train harder, get my name out there and to eventually make SCII history.

ESL.NyxRose: Maybe one day we’ll see you competing in it?
Flo: That is my dream.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: With all of these wins under your belt, it seems like it’ll become a reality soon. I’m sure you’ve noticed that a lot of the ESL female gamers are Zerg players. What made you decide to pick the Terran race?
Flo: Hmm… I might have just picked it randomly . Just stuck with it.
ESL.NyxRose: What do you like most about Terran?
Flo: Mules. They are oh so convenient.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: How would you describe your style of play? Do you tend to focus on macro-oriented play?
Flo: I’m more macro intensive rather [than] micro. But I’d say I do a lot of early harassment into drop play.
________________________________________

ESL.NyxRose: What would you say is your best match-up currently? Or at least the one you feel most confident against?
Flo: I’ve had trouble with TvP for the past week and [have] been practicing it since then. So, I’d say TvP is now my strongest.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: What were you struggling with against TvP?
Flo: Against the Toss deathball. I had difficulty controlling my vikings and ghosts, EMP-ing at the right spot, with perfect positioning.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: Do you have a favorite pro player at the moment?
Flo: MMA and Thorzain <3
ESL.NyxRose: Have you ever found yourself trying out some of their strategies in your own games?
Flo: Yeah, I try out their openings and observe how they react to certain scenarios.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: If you were given the opportunity to play any pro in the world, who would you choose and why?
Flo: I would want to play Thorzain because he is my idol.

ESL.NyxRose: Do you think you could take him down?

Flo: No way [laughs], but I’m training every day so…not any time soon.

ESL.NyxRose: What are some of your hobbies outside of gaming and training?
Flo: I just hang out with friends, go shopping, etc.
________________________________________
ESL.NyxRose: Simple yet fun. What are some of your thoughts on being a female gamer in the gaming community?
Flo: People want to see girls play, and I see that as a big advantage in terms of trying to become well known. It is hard in some aspects like being trolled or being doubted, but it’ll only be rewarding when you prove everyone wrong. However, I am competing not only with the girls, but with the guys as well because in the future, I want to be able to break that stereotype and inspire female gamers.
________________________________________

ESL.NyxRose: Once again, congratulations on your Bunny Cup win! Do you have any shout-outs you'd like to give at this point?
Flo: I’d like to give shout-outs to all my fans, teammate Oscar, my other practice partners, all the people I met at NASL, and my boyfriend for the support, and one for my interviewer!
ESL.NyxRose: Who me? I feel special! Thanks again for taking the time to do this with us.
Flo: My pleasure.


Stay tuned to ironladysc2.com and follow us on twitter to find out about more upcoming events!

Links:
IronLadySc2.com
@IronLadyESL Twitter
NyxRose Twitter
Go4SC2 Cup Series
twitter.com/ThePharsideESL / ESL IEM NA Admin / WCS NA Qualifier Admin
MonkSEA
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia1227 Posts
July 14 2011 05:27 GMT
#2
Flo <3
http://www.youtube.com/user/sirmonkeh Zerg Live Casts and Commentary!
Kyyuna
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1222 Posts
July 14 2011 05:30 GMT
#3
On July 14 2011 14:27 MonkSEA wrote:
Flo <3


I 2nd that :D
OscarN
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Cape Verde292 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 05:33:10
July 14 2011 05:30 GMT
#4
i want that 2 pound chocolate


+ Show Spoiler +
really high right now, sounds so funny
Deleted User 101379
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
4849 Posts
July 14 2011 06:24 GMT
#5
On July 14 2011 14:30 OscarN wrote:
i want that 2 pound chocolate


+ Show Spoiler +
really high right now, sounds so funny


That would only hold a few hours or at most two days for me, it's not enough - frustration and stress is not good for my shape

Anyways, after reading the interview, i really want to see her play against Thorzain, should be fun to watch (we can even add a handycap that Thorzain must not/only produce Thors)
pHaRSiDE
Profile Joined March 2011
United States752 Posts
July 14 2011 14:50 GMT
#6
lol that would be funny to see
twitter.com/ThePharsideESL / ESL IEM NA Admin / WCS NA Qualifier Admin
BigJoe
Profile Joined January 2011
United States210 Posts
July 14 2011 14:58 GMT
#7
maybe she can share O___O
tossuaway
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States107 Posts
July 14 2011 15:05 GMT
#8
Lol, I kept reading it as, "I want 2 pound that chocolate." and I kept thinking, "But she's Asian."
Razakel
Profile Joined April 2011
Ireland466 Posts
July 14 2011 15:07 GMT
#9
Grats on your victory Flo, bunny looks awesome :D
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
July 14 2011 15:09 GMT
#10
Wow Flo is really pretty,
So is the chocolate bunny ;p
Good luck in MLG!
I hope you get to play thorzain!
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 15:10:19
July 14 2011 15:10 GMT
#11
Look's like.. Torzain has new girl friend :D heeh jk
Wanna se more female turnaments , its always fun
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
July 14 2011 15:11 GMT
#12
No shout out to TL huh.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
pHaRSiDE
Profile Joined March 2011
United States752 Posts
July 14 2011 16:32 GMT
#13
Shouting out TL is kinda like shouting out oxygen, everyone already knows about it and needs it, so it goes without saying lol
twitter.com/ThePharsideESL / ESL IEM NA Admin / WCS NA Qualifier Admin
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 16:39:32
July 14 2011 16:39 GMT
#14
TL forum-goers haven't necessarily dealt well with female-only tournaments or women in gaming in general . . . and there are other communities (like Reddit) out there. I'd understand if she were not so happy with TL, though it could certainly be that she just forgot!
gulden
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany205 Posts
July 16 2011 17:32 GMT
#15
the interview is quite interessting, I hope she gets far in the next MLG!
PMSH2OStarcraft
Profile Joined September 2010
United States107 Posts
July 18 2011 19:34 GMT
#16
hell yea! PMS FIGHTING!!!!!!
Official account of the PMS|H2O Clan SC2 Division. OPEN RECRUITMENT: For information on how to join, PM or visit: http://www.pmsclan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1599
Malgrif
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1095 Posts
August 06 2011 02:44 GMT
#17
wow i'm impressed, she won tournaments eh. i searched her up on tl after edwardstarcraft awkward interview with her lol. i think she could learn how to cope with on the spot interviews better if she wants to be in the spot light.
for there to be pro there has to be noob.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 523
BRAT_OK 49
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31162
Bisu 2702
Shuttle 1679
Hyuk 1013
Mini 819
EffOrt 818
Larva 422
Soma 380
ZerO 243
firebathero 224
[ Show more ]
hero 137
sorry 72
Sexy 57
Hyun 46
PianO 45
Mong 42
Pusan 37
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 33
Killer 28
zelot 18
Terrorterran 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 11
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10112
qojqva1910
Dendi1001
Counter-Strike
fl0m2746
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1455
crisheroes1146
Liquid`Hasu638
Other Games
singsing1975
B2W.Neo1000
Beastyqt646
FrodaN624
Mlord386
Hui .236
Livibee180
Liquid`VortiX157
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS110
Mew2King71
Trikslyr24
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 66
• StrangeGG 39
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8080
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• Shiphtur203
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 55m
INu's Battles
19h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.