• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:18
CEST 14:18
KST 21:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9546 users

[Interviews] GSL May Code A Ro16 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 23:35:40
April 27 2011 10:39 GMT
#1
SlayerS_MMA
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

Q. You finally earned a ticket to the up-and-down matches. How do you feel?
A. I want to make sure that I pass through the up-and-down matches. I always think about it before going to bed.

Q. Did you expect a better result than the round-of-8 before the season started?
A. At first, I couldn't even set up properly, but now I think I got used to it. I've now gotten used to playing on a stage as well, so my true skill is coming out.

Q. Were you surprised by the nuke in the first set?
A. It was a build ST_Rainbow used before. He told me 'I just found a revolutionary build.' and I was able to recall this experience. I was a little surprised by the red dot as I didn't catch the ghost, but I knew how to react properly.

Q. Who do you prefer as your next opponent?
A. I don't care. The person advancing will be the better player, so I hope the better player advances.

Q. You must be relaxed now that you are guaranteed in the up-and-down matches.
A. Not really. I will still prepare hard. I'm confident now, I want to keep winning and I want to win Code A without dropping a set.

Q. You might run into SlayerS_BoxeR in the round-of-4.
A. He has to survive today, and again in the round-of-8 against SlayerS_Ryung. SlayerS_Ryung has been playing well lately and he's been so dedicated, to the point that he doesn't even help out his teammates practice TvT.

Q. I heard from SlayerS_Ryung that he really wanted to beat you.
A. We have a strange rivalry. Since last GSTL, he's been telling me 'What's the difference between my 1-kill and your 1-kill.' (laughs). He rarely practices with me anymore (laughs).

Q. Patch 1.3.3 has been announced.
A. I'm trying to not care. My confidence level drops and I tend to be conscious of it. I think it's better for my mental health that I focus on it after it has been officially patched.

Q. Any comments?
A. I want to thank Ga-Yeon and SlayerS_BoxeR. I want to thank SlayerS_Lots, SlayerS_Milz, and SlayerS_GanZi for the practice. I'm also a little thankful for SlayerS_Ryung for not practicing with me. I want to say a special thanks to GuMihofOu.

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=647596&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=

ST_Bomber
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Q. You advanced to the up-and-down matches. How do you feel?
A. I'm happy that I got a shot to move right up to Code S. Code A is very important to me. I need points to qualify for the Super Tournament, and I may have a chance if I win.

Q. Were you thinking about the Super Tournament before the start of Code A?
A. I had it in my mind when I got through the qualification for Code A. I'm focusing on the Super Tournament, not Code A.

Q. Your opponent today was a rookie IMNuts.
A. People around me helped a lot. They analyzed him well and helped me practice sufficiently.

Q. You won with cloaked banshees in the first set.
A. I purposely stayed away from using banshees when I hit IM players on ladder. I decided to use it as a surprise weapon.

Q. In the second set, you were significantly behind on upgrades.
A. I checked his upgrades while destroying the forge, but when I checked later, his upgrades were a lot better than I expected. That's why I decided to use EMP's, but even then I didn't think I would come out that much ahead.

Q. Even though you guaranteed a spot in the up-and-down matches, your next opponent is SlayerS_MMA.
A. I've won before, so I can win again. He is a very good player, but I'm confident as well. He will prepare hard and all, but I have to get some revenge on the SlayerS team. I'm confident in my mid-late game so I think bigger maps will favour me in this match-up. I'm going to veto the smallest map first.

Q. Still, aren't you relieved that you won?
A. I guess so (laughs). I'm a little relaxed now.

Q. Any comments?
A. I want to thank ST_Squirtle, ST_Ace, PartingfOu and ST_Tiger for helping me practice. ST_Squirtle and ST_Ace are turning insane these days, so I'm very thankful that they still helped me out.

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=647620&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=

SlayerS_Ryung
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Q. How does it feel to guarantee yourself a spot in the up-and-down matches?
A. I don't usually get nervous like this, but I was way too nervous in the first set. It wasn't that my opponent was particularly scary, it was his race that I had trouble with. I think I was more nervous as I didn't get much practice due to being sick.

Q. You had a cold?
A. I had a sudden stomachache on Monday. I barely practiced that day because of that. It made me more sick thinking of this match while being sick.

Q. Did you get back to your senses in the second set after losing the first?
A. I loosened up after my coach came in the booth. He didn't really say anything, but seeing his face made me relaxed.

Q. In the second set, your opponent was very aggressive.
A. I specifically asked my practice partners to play just as aggressive. I think I was able to pass those moments relatively well.

Q. According to SlayerS_MMA, you've been looking for an opportunity to shine.
A. I'm not practicing with him just because of our potential round-of-4 match. The practice situation wasn't very ideal (laughs). I did mention him in my interviews as a joke, but I guess that's okay. I can't take back what I said, so I'm going to set a concept and prepare for our duel in the round-of-4.

Q. You could play against SlayerS_BoxeR in the round-of-8.
A. He plays too well in the team house. I don't think I'll be nervous seeing how it's the round-of-8. My goal is the round-of-4 and I will make sure that I win.

Q. Are you confident in the up-and-down matches?
A. I think I can do it if I don't run into a Protoss player. All the Terran players are having difficult times these days. Terrans are winning on TV, but it's always so unstable. You can tell this by the performance of our team's SlayerS_Alicia (laughs).

Q. Any comments?
A. I want to thank SlayerS_Kuma, SlayerS_Tiffany, and SlayerS_Frozen. SlayerS_Alicia plays tomorrow and usually players that get mentioned in interviews like this tend to do well. Alicia you're next!

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=647659&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=

TSL_aLive
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Q. You finally earned a spot in the up-and-down matches. How do you feel?
A. I thought I would be crazy happy, but I'm not now that I actually won. I can't be satisfied here. However, I am glad that I was able to beat a legendary player like SlayerS_BoxeR. I've always wanted to play against him and I'm happy that I could win too.

Q. You won the first set after stopping SlayerS_BoxeR's surprise strategy.
A. I did think that it could have been a proxy starport since the banshee timing was way too fast. Since I defended well, I knew I could win if I macro'ed up from there.

Q. The second set was an intense management game.
A. It wasn't a build where I had to do a lot of damage with cloaked banshees. I just had to do some decent damage so my build wasn't too bad against his. My sudden push to his natural worked in my favour, so I was able to take the match.

Q. Did you practice a lot of TvT?
A. I said in my last interview that I would practice twice as much, but I didn't really do that. In TvT, the builds are more important than practice. I thought about it a lot, but I prepared a lot for the third set. The day was over before we got to that point, so I saved myself a good build order.

Q. Were you nervous at all from the fact that your opponent was SlayerS_Boxer?
A. He is an opponent capable of making you nervous, but I wasn't at all. I thought I would be before coming here, but when the games started, it was actually more comfortable.

Q. Are you confident that you can get through the up-and-down matches?
A. I want to get Code S soon and play against the best of the best. Playing ladder games against them doesn't have any meaning.

Q. Are you looking to win Code A, if not get second place?
A. It's always good to win, but I set my target on the up-and-down matches, so I didn't really think that far. I won't stop here and I will keep practicing hard.

Q. Any comments?
A. I think I won today because TSL_RevivaL made me egg rice and TSL_Smart bought me a smoothie. People say these things in the interview, so that's why I'm saying it (laughs). I want to thank all the practice partners and I hope the fans show more interest in me in the future.

Source: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=647684&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
Fallout
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden54 Posts
April 27 2011 10:44 GMT
#2
Funny interview! Thanks!
This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
April 27 2011 10:53 GMT
#3
That was fast lol. Thanks for le interview!
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
cuppatea
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom1401 Posts
April 27 2011 10:54 GMT
#4
Ryung sounds like a real team player...
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
April 27 2011 10:56 GMT
#5
LOL @ Ryung.

Oh man, internal team rivalries are great.
secret - never again
Mellon
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden917 Posts
April 27 2011 11:05 GMT
#6
Well can you blame Ryung? Both him and MMA are still in code A, they might face eachother in ro4 (or am i mistaken)? If they practice alot together and end up facing each other, its just gonna be strange and its definately gonna feel more like a backstab if one of them does something sneaky. I think it's a good decision.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
April 27 2011 11:45 GMT
#7
Hmm... so the Super Tournament is going to be based on points rather than Code A/Code S players.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
rushian
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom568 Posts
April 27 2011 11:46 GMT
#8
So the super-tournament entry is decided on point accumulated so far? Is there any more information on this.. I hope it doesn't exclude some of the up-and-coming players
"Love every protoss unit" - oGsMC
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
April 27 2011 11:52 GMT
#9
Ace and Squirtle, practice bonjwas lol
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
April 27 2011 12:00 GMT
#10
Bomber vs MMA is gonna be so damn good(and hyped)
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
April 27 2011 12:03 GMT
#11
LOL

Bomber isn't even thinking about Code A...Like a boss.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
April 27 2011 12:05 GMT
#12
So fast ! Thanks !
MMA seems sarcastic, even bitter, in his interview. Seems Slayers players get so much hype that they might explode.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 27 2011 12:06 GMT
#13
LOL, wanting to thank Ryung for not practicing with him. MMA and Ryung's relationship sounds hilarious xD
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
April 27 2011 12:07 GMT
#14
On April 27 2011 21:06 HolyArrow wrote:
LOL, wanting to thank Ryung for not practicing with him. MMA and Ryung's relationship sounds hilarious xD




Nuff said.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 12:12:25
April 27 2011 12:10 GMT
#15
On April 27 2011 21:05 MrCon wrote:
So fast ! Thanks !
MMA seems sarcastic, even bitter, in his interview. Seems Slayers players get so much hype that they might explode.


I see the sarcasm, but I don't really think it's bitterness. More like a strange sense of humor.

Also, I noticed the mention of a super tournament in Bomber's interview. Can anyone explain to me what exactly that is? When will it be?
shinarit
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary900 Posts
April 27 2011 12:12 GMT
#16
Boxer will clear the floor with them, you will see
But nice to see so many of them made so far in codeA.
T for BoxeR, Z for IdrA, P because i have no self-respect
gulden
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany205 Posts
April 27 2011 12:13 GMT
#17
thanks for those interviews!
liked it
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
April 27 2011 12:15 GMT
#18
On April 27 2011 21:10 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 21:05 MrCon wrote:
So fast ! Thanks !
MMA seems sarcastic, even bitter, in his interview. Seems Slayers players get so much hype that they might explode.


I see the sarcasm, but I don't really think it's bitterness. More like a strange sense of humor.

Also, I noticed the mention of a super tournament in Bomber's interview. Can anyone explain to me what exactly that is? When will it be?

I'm not sure when it is, but it's the 32 players from code S + 32 players from code A all pitted against each other in a 64man tournament. Has like a $90,000 prize for first place.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
April 27 2011 12:16 GMT
#19
On April 27 2011 21:15 Tachion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 21:10 HolyArrow wrote:
On April 27 2011 21:05 MrCon wrote:
So fast ! Thanks !
MMA seems sarcastic, even bitter, in his interview. Seems Slayers players get so much hype that they might explode.


I see the sarcasm, but I don't really think it's bitterness. More like a strange sense of humor.

Also, I noticed the mention of a super tournament in Bomber's interview. Can anyone explain to me what exactly that is? When will it be?

I'm not sure when it is, but it's the 32 players from code S + 32 players from code A all pitted against each other in a 64man tournament. Has like a $90,000 prize for first place.


Oh, shit. So it's basically a throw back to the original GSL opens. Sounds awesome.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
April 27 2011 12:20 GMT
#20
On April 27 2011 21:16 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 21:15 Tachion wrote:
On April 27 2011 21:10 HolyArrow wrote:
On April 27 2011 21:05 MrCon wrote:
So fast ! Thanks !
MMA seems sarcastic, even bitter, in his interview. Seems Slayers players get so much hype that they might explode.


I see the sarcasm, but I don't really think it's bitterness. More like a strange sense of humor.

Also, I noticed the mention of a super tournament in Bomber's interview. Can anyone explain to me what exactly that is? When will it be?

I'm not sure when it is, but it's the 32 players from code S + 32 players from code A all pitted against each other in a 64man tournament. Has like a $90,000 prize for first place.


Oh, shit. So it's basically a throw back to the original GSL opens. Sounds awesome.

Yeap. But now based on the interview Bomber makes it sound like the Top 64 players based on points will be qualified. Which IMO, might be a little better considering how weird it would be if a Code A player wins the tournament.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1229
WardiTV449
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko446
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8932
Bisu 2560
Jaedong 1410
BeSt 1037
EffOrt 543
Horang2 433
actioN 257
Larva 245
ZerO 236
Mini 180
[ Show more ]
Pusan 141
ggaemo 89
Mind 87
Snow 85
Hyun 69
Barracks 63
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 50
Killer 44
Sharp 37
Bale 36
NotJumperer 35
scan(afreeca) 33
ToSsGirL 29
hero 23
Hm[arnc] 19
Sacsri 18
zelot 15
Noble 12
sorry 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
Gorgc1467
Dendi835
qojqva577
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1267
markeloff81
Other Games
B2W.Neo384
crisheroes279
DeMusliM200
Pyrionflax189
hiko168
dupreeh106
Livibee68
Mew2King61
QueenE59
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 2448
StarCastTV_EN63
UltimateBattle 40
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV1275
League of Legends
• Jankos1406
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 42m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.