• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:51
CEST 02:51
KST 09:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6663 users

MLG Interviews TLO - "Terran it Up"

Forum Index > SC2 General
64 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Slasher
Profile Joined September 2007
United States1095 Posts
March 29 2011 20:43 GMT
#1
MLG's Galen Andress has interviewed TeamLiquid's TheLittleOne ahead of MLG Dallas this weekend. With a new sponsorship from Sony Ericsson, TLO is under more pressure than ever to perform at the highest level. He gives some insight heading into Dallas, including a possible decision to stick with one particular race.

An excerpt:

MLG: You’ve experimented with different players more than just about anyone on the SC2 pro scene, moving from Terran, to Random, to Zerg, to Random and Terran. Have you decided on a race to play fulltime?

Liquid TLO: Oh well, I don't really wanna comment on that. I have been switching races and everything so many times now. Let's just say I will simply play what I feel most comfortable with.

MLG: So what race should we be expecting you to play in Dallas?

TLO: Terran.

MLG: After staying in Korea to train for the GSL for several months, you moved back to Europe. Is this a permanent change?

TLO: I decided to move back shortly after the last MLG Dallas. The injury definitely played a big role; I needed to take it easier for a while. Also I didn't feel that comfortable living in Korea. It is a very hard environment. Nobody speaks English and it's a very different culture. I think I am more happy than [when I was] living in Korea full-time, but I would definitely go there to play tournaments and visit for shorter times again.

MLG: The SC2 scene is growing at a tremendous rate in the west, with leagues and tournaments popping up everywhere. Not only is it more popular, but top-level foreigners are taking down top Koreans in notable tournaments such as the TSL and GSL World Championships. Do you think StarCraft 2 has a chance to become as competitive and popular in Europe and America as it is in Korea?

TLO: I think we are reaching a similar level and eventually we will even have a bigger and stronger scene in the West than in Korea. Korea is a very isolated country, far away from Europe and America, and—especially in StarCraft—there is not too much interaction with other countries.

Head over to MLG to read the full interview.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
March 29 2011 20:47 GMT
#2
I hope he will still play zerg sometimes.
But he put the better games with terran, obviously.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
hidiliho
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada685 Posts
March 29 2011 20:53 GMT
#3
Nice to hear. TLO's best race has always been terran imo.
I have a dream, that some day I wouldn't see any imba comments in GSL threads.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 29 2011 20:54 GMT
#4
Let's just say I will simply play what I feel most comfortable with.

MLG: So what race should we be expecting you to play in Dallas?

TLO: Terran.


I am not sure why I obnoxiously laughed so hard while reading this in class.

gogo TLO!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
genius_man16
Profile Joined February 2011
United States749 Posts
March 29 2011 20:55 GMT
#5
Aww I was hoping he would stay random

I really hope that someday we will get a random progamer. I understand why it's hard to pull off but I just feel like they would be so badass.

Maybe when Day[9] graduates he'll be the first :D
Dyrus | Vooby | Balls | Meteos | WildTurtle | Bjergsen | Cop | sexPeke | Xpecial | Aphromoo | Scarra |
azr
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway144 Posts
March 29 2011 21:02 GMT
#6
Very disappointing, though very understandable.
UberThing
Profile Joined April 2010
Great Britain410 Posts
March 29 2011 21:05 GMT
#7
This guy is jokes!
Wag1
Zim23
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1681 Posts
March 29 2011 21:06 GMT
#8
Glad he's picking a race. Random is exciting and all but I think he'll really take it to the next level by focusing on 1 race.
Do an arranged marriage if she's not completely minging, and don't worry about dancing, get a go-kart, cheers.
preZzle
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany223 Posts
March 29 2011 21:07 GMT
#9
well, i hope if he trains terran more he will be in his old shape again ( he certainly performs not as good as he did coming fresh out of korea)

but i am always rooting for my favourite terran/random player; your autograph is hanging right above me - getting inspiration to play from it since gamescom 2010!

go tlo you can do it!
Jermstuddog
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2231 Posts
March 29 2011 21:11 GMT
#10
Terran honestly fits his play more anyway.

Zerg, and to a lesser extent Protoss, don't have the flexibility to do crazy shit every game.

Pretty much every unit in the Terran army is viable, except perhaps the Raven. Giving somebody like TLO room for creativity.
As it turns out, marines don't actually cost any money -Jinro
Qzy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Denmark1121 Posts
March 29 2011 21:13 GMT
#11
Out of round 1 :D

He hasn't been performing well, and without consistent builds he wont perform well in the future.
TG Sambo... Intel classic! Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
StuBob
Profile Joined March 2010
United States373 Posts
March 29 2011 21:13 GMT
#12
I doubt that he will stay Terran forever, I'm pretty sure he will play other races too
I play RANDOM!
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
March 29 2011 21:14 GMT
#13
Ugh, did he have to bring up the IEM thing?
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
March 29 2011 21:15 GMT
#14
On March 30 2011 06:11 Jermstuddog wrote:
Terran honestly fits his play more anyway.

Zerg, and to a lesser extent Protoss, don't have the flexibility to do crazy shit every game.

Pretty much every unit in the Terran army is viable, except perhaps the Raven. Giving somebody like TLO room for creativity.


Blanket statements FTW!

I disagree. There are tons of awesome things that P and Z can do, they just haven't been made viable yet (ie incorporated into a decent strategy). Ghosts with Nukes wouldn't have been considered viable in TvT just a couple of months ago, and now they are. The same thing could go with P and Z. Some examples: Mass Queens, mass Overseer, constant Warp Prism, Nydus awesomeness, fast Carrier etc.
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-29 21:16:47
March 29 2011 21:16 GMT
#15
T v T is the best matchup in the game. I cannot agree more!
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
deejY
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany44 Posts
March 29 2011 21:18 GMT
#16
i read "Terran is up" the first time and raged. :D
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
March 29 2011 21:20 GMT
#17
TLO always entertains while he plays Terran, I'm glad he will continue doing that in MLG. I wish him the best of luck!
McKTenor13
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1383 Posts
March 29 2011 21:21 GMT
#18
On March 30 2011 06:15 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2011 06:11 Jermstuddog wrote:
Terran honestly fits his play more anyway.

Zerg, and to a lesser extent Protoss, don't have the flexibility to do crazy shit every game.

Pretty much every unit in the Terran army is viable, except perhaps the Raven. Giving somebody like TLO room for creativity.


Blanket statements FTW!

I disagree. There are tons of awesome things that P and Z can do, they just haven't been made viable yet (ie incorporated into a decent strategy). Ghosts with Nukes wouldn't have been considered viable in TvT just a couple of months ago, and now they are. The same thing could go with P and Z. Some examples: Mass Queens, mass Overseer, constant Warp Prism, Nydus awesomeness, fast Carrier etc.


I feel like you just took those from the Day9 dailies. The point is those only work in the lower leagues. Even though they may work a tiny bit in masters, they are extremely easy to counter and people will counter it. The only strategies that would be fantastic in a pro game would be the overseer usage and the nydus play. Besides that you cant do too much crazy shit in pro tournaments because people will counter it instantly before you can use the strategy
If you can chill. chill. - Liquid'Tyler
Dice.
Profile Joined May 2009
United States78 Posts
March 29 2011 21:23 GMT
#19
IMHO your best race was always Terran. If you are deciding to play Terran then I am proud of you! Terranitup TLO!
Ahh, that's the stuff. [b]Team Dice[/b] [b][green]Main Team[/green][/b] 2 [tlpd#players#4#T#sc2-korean]Bbyong[/tlpd] 5 [tlpd#players#6#T#sc2-korean]Fantasy[/tlpd] 3 [tlpd#players#629#P#sc2-korean]Oz[/tlpd] 7 [tlpd#players#2322#P#sc2-korean]Parting[/tlp
Motion
Profile Joined January 2010
Germany183 Posts
March 29 2011 21:23 GMT
#20
TLO trained very very hard lately, i count him to the top 3 at MLG. You will see!
http://www.gentle-nerds.com
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 214
ViBE122
ProTech107
Nathanias 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14456
Rain 1546
GuemChi 934
Artosis 715
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever476
Counter-Strike
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox935
Mew2King60
Other Games
summit1g7326
shahzam677
WinterStarcraft488
JimRising 470
C9.Mang0369
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick833
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• davetesta22
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra372
• Shiphtur334
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 9m
INu's Battles
10h 9m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 9m
OSC
21h 24m
Replay Cast
22h 9m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.