• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:09
CEST 20:09
KST 03:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9027 users

DongRaeGuProS has reached 4000 points - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
excellionx
Profile Joined December 2010
United States85 Posts
February 18 2011 23:49 GMT
#101
saw him being streamed on xephs stream... very good zerg and creative
onPHYRE
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria925 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 00:39:17
February 19 2011 00:36 GMT
#102
On February 19 2011 08:11 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 06:21 onPHYRE wrote:
Honestly, after watching him play through first person, I've never seen anything like it in Starcraft 2 (I'd imagine only the likes of NesTea/MVP would make me feel the same). The complete control he has over everything under any kind of pressure is amazing, and to be honest (and I don't say this lightly, in fact ever) the only time I've seen anything like it, is watching the 10 second first person views of Jaedong they show every game...

I've watched Idra, Ret, CatZ, etc. countless times...and it's not even close for me. His macro is second nature, on par with IdrA. However at the same time he is looking at 10 places on the map, and doing things with his zerglings and Mutas that I am pretty sure is illegal in 29 states...

Picture the macro monster that IdrA is, but with the harassment of I dunno...god? His game sense is incredible, making perfect counters, flanks, surrounds..not to mention he can at anytime pump an army to end the game if he sense even a little bit of weakness...

I don't know, maybe he was having a good day, but the way I saw him..toy...with code S and A players made me feel like I was watching someone get violated. By far the sickest Zerg..no Starcraft 2 player I have ever watched in first person...and I watch streams VERY often of all races (pretty much anything available to me, aka not in Korea only).

DRG Hwaiting!!!


None of his opponents executed their builds particularly well nor abused the zerg timings. He seemed like a very good player, but the stream likely painted a bit overly positive image. Seeing Boxer's meta close positions meta was especially disappointing.


I couldn't disagree more. Not only did he stop some very well timed Terran and Protoss timing pushes several times, but he went about delaying the pushes longer than I've seen any Zerg do with amazing decision making, harassing, and countering. I don't know how much of the 5 hour stream you actually watched but the boxer game is the only example of a poor build execution that I even saw. I'm sure some of it was being 'in the zone' because to be honest he looked unbeatable except in ZvZ when he played NesTea (the best Zerg let alone best ZvZer). But yea like I said.. Sick good.
Livin' this life like it was written.
hotstuff
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway42 Posts
February 19 2011 00:38 GMT
#103
this guy is amazingly good, the best zerg i've seen streaming live!
A guy said am good once.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
February 19 2011 01:39 GMT
#104
On February 19 2011 08:31 Sclol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 02:01 eviltomahawk wrote:
I saw him practicing a proxy-hatch strategy for his TvP on ladder on Xeph's stream. He beat the likes of Genius, Sangho, and other top Protoss with this strategy popularized by our dear Root.Catz. It was funny seeing him as possibly the Korean Catz.

do you have a link to a vod or something of that proxy hatch strategy

VODs weren't allowed to be recorded off of Xeph's stream since the Korean progamers don't want other Koreans being able to access their first-person VODs. Xeph said that the pros allowing him to stream on TL were simply doing a favor, and he repeatedly urged the stream viewers to not record the stream or else he wouldn't be able to stream any more games.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Xeph
Profile Joined September 2004
Korea (South)191 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 02:28:30
February 19 2011 02:21 GMT
#105
On February 19 2011 08:11 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 06:21 onPHYRE wrote:
Honestly, after watching him play through first person, I've never seen anything like it in Starcraft 2 (I'd imagine only the likes of NesTea/MVP would make me feel the same). The complete control he has over everything under any kind of pressure is amazing, and to be honest (and I don't say this lightly, in fact ever) the only time I've seen anything like it, is watching the 10 second first person views of Jaedong they show every game...

I've watched Idra, Ret, CatZ, etc. countless times...and it's not even close for me. His macro is second nature, on par with IdrA. However at the same time he is looking at 10 places on the map, and doing things with his zerglings and Mutas that I am pretty sure is illegal in 29 states...

Picture the macro monster that IdrA is, but with the harassment of I dunno...god? His game sense is incredible, making perfect counters, flanks, surrounds..not to mention he can at anytime pump an army to end the game if he sense even a little bit of weakness...

I don't know, maybe he was having a good day, but the way I saw him..toy...with code S and A players made me feel like I was watching someone get violated. By far the sickest Zerg..no Starcraft 2 player I have ever watched in first person...and I watch streams VERY often of all races (pretty much anything available to me, aka not in Korea only).

DRG Hwaiting!!!


None of his opponents executed their builds particularly well nor abused the zerg timings. He seemed like a very good player, but the stream likely painted a bit overly positive image. Seeing Boxer's meta close positions meta was especially disappointing.

That is his ability, I think. I don't know why, but none of his opponents cannot make great decision against him; maybe DRG's timing, harassment, multitasking ability made that. Actually, some other progamers are saying DRG has some 'supernaturl' power. lol. This is RTS which is none of the players can make decision freely.
Persistent Pursuit of Perfection
willeesmalls
Profile Joined March 2010
United States477 Posts
February 19 2011 08:41 GMT
#106
GET THIS STREAM UP I AM DYING FROM WITHDRAWALLLLLLL.... please?
Railgan
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland1509 Posts
February 19 2011 11:29 GMT
#107
On February 19 2011 10:39 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 08:31 Sclol wrote:
On February 19 2011 02:01 eviltomahawk wrote:
I saw him practicing a proxy-hatch strategy for his TvP on ladder on Xeph's stream. He beat the likes of Genius, Sangho, and other top Protoss with this strategy popularized by our dear Root.Catz. It was funny seeing him as possibly the Korean Catz.

do you have a link to a vod or something of that proxy hatch strategy

VODs weren't allowed to be recorded off of Xeph's stream since the Korean progamers don't want other Koreans being able to access their first-person VODs. Xeph said that the pros allowing him to stream on TL were simply doing a favor, and he repeatedly urged the stream viewers to not record the stream or else he wouldn't be able to stream any more games.

I know its off topic but is there a vod of the proxy hatch of catze anywhere to be found
Grandmaster Zerg from Switzerland!!! www.twitch.tv/railgan // www.twitter.com/railgansc // www.youtube.com/c/railgansc
Phanekim
Profile Joined April 2003
United States777 Posts
February 19 2011 11:52 GMT
#108
i will keep an eye out on this guy for betting purposes.
i like cheese
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 12:14:53
February 19 2011 12:08 GMT
#109
wrong thread sorry
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
craz3d
Profile Joined August 2005
Bulgaria856 Posts
February 19 2011 12:11 GMT
#110
On February 15 2011 03:42 DarkGeneral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 16:40 GP wrote:
On February 14 2011 05:15 decaf wrote:
Never heard of him tbh
I'd like to hear IdrA's opinion, he always says it very clearly who's good and who's not.


Idra has only played against him. He's only got one third of the picture, so what's the point of listening to Idra? Apparently he thought Nestea was cheesy and wasn't very good after he won the GSL so...


Idra is... an entertainer...

I didn't want to use the word clown, but for someone who takes things seriously, he doesn't command the respect he probably should among the community, even though he is actually a skilled player.


He does entertain, but he doesn't intend to. He's a competitive guy who talks smack about his opponents in order to unsettle them, and it works sometimes.
Hello World!
Winterfrozz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden357 Posts
February 19 2011 13:03 GMT
#111
To bad I missed when you streamed from him :/ Must be really good if he can win 3 games in a row vs squirtle. Hope SeleCT start streaming soon too :D
Jazzi!
Allscorpion
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom319 Posts
February 19 2011 13:15 GMT
#112
So has 13 other people :O
Day[9] Made me do it
magha
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands427 Posts
February 19 2011 17:52 GMT
#113
On February 19 2011 17:41 willeesmalls wrote:
GET THIS STREAM UP I AM DYING FROM WITHDRAWALLLLLLL.... please?


Im really curious about this guy after reading everything about him here now, really looking forward to seeing some vods or replays of this guy.
adrift
Profile Joined August 2010
192 Posts
February 19 2011 18:52 GMT
#114
guy is really good. also his proxy hatchery build that he beat Sangho and others with was hillarious

is he qualified for this coming code A?
onPHYRE
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria925 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 07:51:18
February 19 2011 20:28 GMT
#115
On February 20 2011 03:52 adrift wrote:
guy is really good. also his proxy hatchery build that he beat Sangho and others with was hillarious

is he qualified for this coming code A?



No he lost to GanZi, who is a very good terran I believe? It's in the thread several times, read it over. He is on IM with NesTea and MVP.
Livin' this life like it was written.
plasemeious
Profile Joined November 2009
United States244 Posts
February 21 2011 18:58 GMT
#116
Are there any videos of him besides the one with him and Huk?
Javah
Profile Joined August 2010
France739 Posts
February 21 2011 19:44 GMT
#117
Thanks to all these comments, especially from onPHYRE, I'm now craving for some firstperson streaming of DRG :-]
I'll keep a close eye on Xeph's stream, hoping for another session.
⚀⚅
onPHYRE
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria925 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-22 08:28:42
February 22 2011 08:23 GMT
#118
On February 22 2011 03:58 plasemeious wrote:
Are there any videos of him besides the one with him and Huk?


I found one.. I don't know any korean, but with some help from google translator I managed to type in his name and the word for replay (in korean, then pasted into google search). I didn't find any replays but I did find one VOD. It's from the korean gomTV site, but the only problem is that the video is almost 3 months old now... A lot has changed since then but since it's the only video I have found that isn't the match against HuK (which is also pretty old) I thought I would post it.

Here is the link (the site is in Korean, but i'll explain how to get to the VOD):

http://ch.gomtv.com/4057/28101/397657

On the right side there, they have the video for each individual set between the two teams. Set 4 is the one with DRG, his korean id is: 동래구프로에쓰

You will need the korean (the one from the US site will not work) GOM Player to view it. It is easy to download however, just like the other one, only difference is that it is all in korean.


On February 22 2011 04:44 Javah wrote:
Thanks to all these comments, especially from onPHYRE, I'm now craving for some firstperson streaming of DRG :-]
I'll keep a close eye on Xeph's stream, hoping for another session.



Just saw him stream for the second time a couple of days later (last night up until the GSL, on Xeph's stream). And I'd have to say everyone in the chat agreed, it was an awesome "pre-game" show to the GSL (Code A in this case), and since it was all against S class talent, it turned out to be even more entertaining than most of the Code A matches themselves. I am just as impressed as I was before. I think in the 4-5 hours total I have watched of MVP_DRG I've seen 2, maximum 3 losses.
Livin' this life like it was written.
Javah
Profile Joined August 2010
France739 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 14:02:08
February 23 2011 13:55 GMT
#119
Right now on Xeph's stream, GuineaPig laddering against DRG on Scrap, with GuineaPig FPV. Awesome indeed.

Edit: DRG just won! Incredible defense!
⚀⚅
onPHYRE
Profile Joined October 2010
Bulgaria925 Posts
February 23 2011 16:29 GMT
#120
On February 23 2011 22:55 Javah wrote:
Right now on Xeph's stream, GuineaPig laddering against DRG on Scrap, with GuineaPig FPV. Awesome indeed.

Edit: DRG just won! Incredible defense!


I was watching this game as well. Interesting to see him play from the opponents POV. Very gg also.
Livin' this life like it was written.
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 241
BRAT_OK 95
JuggernautJason4
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 971
Shuttle 684
Horang2 225
firebathero 99
Zeus 76
Hyun 51
soO 43
ToSsGirL 35
scan(afreeca) 16
Bishop 12
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
qojqva2310
420jenkins541
Counter-Strike
fl0m5261
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu554
Other Games
Grubby2636
FrodaN733
KnowMe231
Livibee166
QueenE68
Pyrionflax13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick499
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 52
• 3DClanTV 50
• Adnapsc2 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach96
• FirePhoenix23
• 80smullet 13
• Michael_bg 7
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1867
Other Games
• Shiphtur681
• imaqtpie483
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 51m
Patches Events
20h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
OSC
1d 4h
OSC
1d 17h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.