• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:45
CEST 10:45
KST 17:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11940 users

EU or NA ladder, which is harder? - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
Demicore
Profile Joined October 2011
France503 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 07:10:49
June 04 2012 07:09 GMT
#261
On June 04 2012 09:41 sCCrooked wrote:
I have one point that I'm appauled hasn't come up in the last 3 pages. Isn't this an unfair comparison of uneven numbers? According to sc2ranks.com (no idea of the validity or activeness of these people), EU server has 1,060,332 ranked accounts while NA server has 1,386,055 ranked accounts. Having literally 33% more would definitely water down the player pool, would it not?


I don't get that point. Was that sarcasm getting over my head? :D

Because if we were to reason like that then SEA would be the toughest server by far.

edit: I have no opinion on NA vs EU; I love both communities, just puzzled by that argument in particular.
"I love male nipples in starcraft; the two go together so well." ~Tasteless
jackalope1234
Profile Joined December 2010
122 Posts
June 04 2012 07:18 GMT
#262
top 400 NA > EU
< 400 EU < NA

All I ever encountered on EU was the same badly executed cheese. I've played it for whole seasons and same thing. The GM league of NA is littered with koreans as well.
BearDK
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark101 Posts
June 04 2012 07:25 GMT
#263
On June 04 2012 16:18 jackalope1234 wrote:
top 400 NA > EU
< 400 EU < NA

All I ever encountered on EU was the same badly executed cheese. I've played it for whole seasons and same thing. The GM league of NA is littered with koreans as well.


that sounds like a really uninformed opinion.
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
June 04 2012 07:25 GMT
#264
On June 04 2012 16:18 jackalope1234 wrote:
top 400 NA > EU
< 400 EU < NA

All I ever encountered on EU was the same badly executed cheese. I've played it for whole seasons and same thing. The GM league of NA is littered with koreans as well.


Erm.
NA > EU = EU < NA

unless this is some obtruse math problem where

top[cond.] 400|NA| > EU < 400|EU| < NA
i dont know either
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Typhoon1789
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia292 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 07:31:00
June 04 2012 07:26 GMT
#265
Im listing the servers in rank for a average players level, not a pro's level.

1 EU - By far the hardest of the 3. This is where my main account is and is the server i most struggle on. Leauge by leauge untill high masters GM, EU is a leauge ahead, maybe even 2 at silver and gold level.

2 SEA - Abit harder than NA untill high diamond - masters. Since theres such a low player count in SEA, you get matched up against masters players while in plat since theres so few players playing. Thus why im putting it ahead of NA to ladder as an average player.

3 NA - I found at the lower end of NA ladder, its like silver - gold EU up untill diamond. In masters, NA sorta catches up to EU. NA is only strongest at GM level.
Professional Cunt.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
June 04 2012 07:29 GMT
#266
On June 04 2012 16:09 Demicore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2012 09:41 sCCrooked wrote:
I have one point that I'm appauled hasn't come up in the last 3 pages. Isn't this an unfair comparison of uneven numbers? According to sc2ranks.com (no idea of the validity or activeness of these people), EU server has 1,060,332 ranked accounts while NA server has 1,386,055 ranked accounts. Having literally 33% more would definitely water down the player pool, would it not?


I don't get that point. Was that sarcasm getting over my head? :D

Because if we were to reason like that then SEA would be the toughest server by far.

edit: I have no opinion on NA vs EU; I love both communities, just puzzled by that argument in particular.


No, he means that if we look at Top 200 vs Top 200, it isn't "parallel" because NA has more players. Since NA has about 33% more players, it would be more fair to compare the Top 266 NA to the Top 200 EU

hope that makes sense


Although it doesn't really make sense because looking at the Top 200 NA instead of the Top 266 NA would give NA an advantage when comparing to EU; since NA has more players, it means they have more good players at the top, so comparing Top 200 NA to Top 200 EU isn't fair, but Top 266 NA to Top 200 EU would be

in other words, EU is even "harder" (has a better Top 200) than NA than what people think xD
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
June 04 2012 07:29 GMT
#267
Hm I have played on EU, and for me I didn't find it that much different, in zvz all EU did was cheese it seemed (I swear to god every zvz except a couple were 6-8 pools lol).

I faced GM's on EU, won, face GM's on NA, won but I'll be honest I haven't played on EU for about a year now (and stopped playing on NA for about 8 months to due to having no lat on kr so played there for 8 months). So maybe EU is harder now dunno, but I know on NA lots of koreans play on it now so it's not as easy as it used to be if you are high masters/gm.

When I think of something else, something will go here
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
June 04 2012 08:05 GMT
#268
Its been known for a very long time that EU is better.
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
Thrombozyt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1269 Posts
June 04 2012 08:08 GMT
#269
On June 04 2012 16:29 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2012 16:09 Demicore wrote:
On June 04 2012 09:41 sCCrooked wrote:
I have one point that I'm appauled hasn't come up in the last 3 pages. Isn't this an unfair comparison of uneven numbers? According to sc2ranks.com (no idea of the validity or activeness of these people), EU server has 1,060,332 ranked accounts while NA server has 1,386,055 ranked accounts. Having literally 33% more would definitely water down the player pool, would it not?


I don't get that point. Was that sarcasm getting over my head? :D

Because if we were to reason like that then SEA would be the toughest server by far.

edit: I have no opinion on NA vs EU; I love both communities, just puzzled by that argument in particular.


No, he means that if we look at Top 200 vs Top 200, it isn't "parallel" because NA has more players. Since NA has about 33% more players, it would be more fair to compare the Top 266 NA to the Top 200 EU

hope that makes sense


Although it doesn't really make sense because looking at the Top 200 NA instead of the Top 266 NA would give NA an advantage when comparing to EU; since NA has more players, it means they have more good players at the top, so comparing Top 200 NA to Top 200 EU isn't fair, but Top 266 NA to Top 200 EU would be

in other words, EU is even "harder" (has a better Top 200) than NA than what people think xD

Given that skill is equally distributed between both groups, the top 200 of a 1.3 million group should be significantly better than the top 200 of a 1 million group. Because you are comparing the top 0.015% with the top 0.02%.

To make it clear: In a 200 player group, everyone is top 200 and therefore the top 200 is the weakest compared to a 1000 player group, where the best 20% of the population is in the top 200.

followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
June 04 2012 08:19 GMT
#270
Lol what a cliche discussion
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
June 04 2012 08:23 GMT
#271
i like how everyone who actually plays both servers agree that the point that EU is better is pretty exaggerated -_-.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
ErAsc2
Profile Joined May 2012
Sweden256 Posts
June 04 2012 08:41 GMT
#272
On June 04 2012 16:18 jackalope1234 wrote:
top 400 NA > EU
< 400 EU < NA

All I ever encountered on EU was the same badly executed cheese. I've played it for whole seasons and same thing. The GM league of NA is littered with koreans as well.

Would you prove it by linking your EU and NA profile so that we can compare which one your higher with? I can ensure you that you're higher ranked with your NA account because EU is a lot harder.
Swedish GM Protoss http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2336142/1/MilkEA/
b0rt_
Profile Joined October 2011
Norway931 Posts
June 04 2012 08:43 GMT
#273
This reminds me of the MLS guy who said the league was better than the English Premier League.
H2OSno
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States127 Posts
June 04 2012 08:44 GMT
#274
Its funny how there are over 1000 people with opinions on this, but less than 20 are probably actually qualified to comment on the top of the ladder.

Which, due to the 50% winrate ladder/MMR system, is the only part of the ladder that matters.
When in doubt, scout.
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
June 04 2012 08:50 GMT
#275
I think at the beginning, it was equally hard on both, however somewhere in the middle, the EU scene seemed to have overpowered the NA one. But by know, the NA ladder definitely caught up on the high end, simply by all the smurf accounts of the Korean professionals. ^.^
Poltergeist-
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden336 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-04 09:04:30
June 04 2012 08:53 GMT
#276
Oh c'mon guys, obviously EU ladder is harder!

I mean, I would obviously be Masters if I played on NA..ezpz.

/sarcasm
Weinstein
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany39 Posts
June 04 2012 08:57 GMT
#277
hm this might be a troll thread. It clearly invites everyone to start bashing on the other server while an answer to the question could be easily obtained by looking at results (for example MLG).
paradoxOO9
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1123 Posts
June 04 2012 08:58 GMT
#278
I always thought that EU was ahead but not by much, the amount that it is exaggerated on here is insane. Could be wrong though
Antares_
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland269 Posts
June 04 2012 09:00 GMT
#279
EU is obviously harder. I'm from Poland, and have been playing on EU for some time now, was placed #2 in my Diamond division about a week ago (wasn't playing due to the end of my finals, parties etc. ) so got dropped to ~10th place. My MMR is currently at the level of high diamond/low masters, according to what level of opponents I'm getting. Around 3 weeks ago, I've started playing on NA and currently, I am matched with mid to high masters players and I feel like sometimes their skill level is even lower than the skill level of high Diamonds on EU.
If you make no mistake, yet still lose - you don't understand the game. Spiral out, keep going.
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
June 04 2012 09:05 GMT
#280
EU has far better pros, that's all I care about

Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 923
soO 429
Hyuk 416
Mini 220
ZerO 138
Killer 61
Shinee 49
Mind 34
Bale 28
Mong 24
[ Show more ]
PianO 22
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 12
yabsab 10
HiyA 9
Dota 2
XaKoH 749
XcaliburYe324
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli533
Other Games
olofmeister886
ceh9620
Happy393
Livibee192
crisheroes171
Mew2King64
ArmadaUGS52
ZerO(Twitch)7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH372
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2283
League of Legends
• Jankos1443
• Rush1222
• Stunt459
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 15m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.