• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:45
CEST 13:45
KST 20:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10592 users

[GSL RO16 Spoiler] Live Report Pictures and Screenshots -…

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
December 03 2010 15:25 GMT
#41
On December 04 2010 00:22 the p00n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2010 22:25 the p00n wrote:
This is maybe a silly and slightly off-topic question but; what does '[name] hwaiting!' and '[name] fighting!' mean? I'm sure it is a broodwar reference (which I have never played), about korean commentators or something, but I'm not exactly sure. Could anyone be so kind to explain? Thanks in advance!


Anyone?

Are you familiar with the "WAR [NAME]" from the fighting community? Like "WAR SILVA" or whatever?

Basically just "GO [NAME]".
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
THM
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria1131 Posts
December 03 2010 15:33 GMT
#42
Hahah its pretty funny that of all people Jinro is the one to actually answer the guy's question xD
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
December 03 2010 15:35 GMT
#43
On December 04 2010 00:33 THM wrote:
Hahah its pretty funny that of all people Jinro is the one to actually answer the guy's question xD


That's just how awesome he is. Nicest big swede there is!
MLG_Singlecoil
Profile Joined August 2010
United States12 Posts
December 03 2010 15:37 GMT
#44
Congratulations Jinro! MLG 2010 SC2 Champion
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 15:39:34
December 03 2010 15:39 GMT
#45
Artosis and Tasteless was so happy about the whole thing so they decided to kiss!

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
Or perhaps just eager to be able to cast the match while only having one working mic
I am not young enough to know everything.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 03 2010 15:45 GMT
#46
I hope Jinro goes all the way!

Does anyone know what Choya meant about Jinro trashtalking about him? Probably they asked Jinro against who would like to play, Immvp or Choya.
And if you are honest...
I had a good night of sleep.
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 15:50:04
December 03 2010 15:48 GMT
#47
On December 04 2010 00:45 Koshi wrote:
I hope Jinro goes all the way!

Does anyone know what Choya meant about Jinro trashtalking about him? Probably they asked Jinro against who would like to play, Immvp or Choya.
And if you are honest...


It might have been an misunderstanding regarding the answer to this question.

Q. Are you aware that your next possible opponents are very skilled players?
A. I knew that both of them were very talented. I played a lot of games against choyafOu, but I haven't seen IMmvp since the time I started. I personally prefer TvP, so I hope choyafOu advances, but I don't care if IMmvp advances either.
I am not young enough to know everything.
ZerOfy
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom405 Posts
December 03 2010 15:54 GMT
#48
On December 04 2010 00:39 Jiddra wrote:
[image loading]


Tastosis morphing!
My life for Aiur!
EmilA
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark4618 Posts
December 03 2010 15:57 GMT
#49
On December 04 2010 00:39 Jiddra wrote:
Artosis and Tasteless was so happy about the whole thing so they decided to kiss!

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
Or perhaps just eager to be able to cast the match while only having one working mic


THE MERGING IS COMPLETE
POWER OVERWHELMING
http://dotabuff.com/players/122305951 playing other games
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 16:00:16
December 03 2010 15:59 GMT
#50
On December 04 2010 00:45 Koshi wrote:
I hope Jinro goes all the way!

Does anyone know what Choya meant about Jinro trashtalking about him? Probably they asked Jinro against who would like to play, Immvp or Choya.
And if you are honest...

Lol, I said I prefer it if Choya advances because I think its more fun to practice non-mirrors I dunno how that is trashtalk!

I used to play Choya on ladder a lot but not in a long time, same with MVP (tho I only played him 2-3 times, and it was when he just switched).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Curu
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2817 Posts
December 03 2010 16:02 GMT
#51
On December 04 2010 00:22 the p00n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2010 22:25 the p00n wrote:
This is maybe a silly and slightly off-topic question but; what does '[name] hwaiting!' and '[name] fighting!' mean? I'm sure it is a broodwar reference (which I have never played), about korean commentators or something, but I'm not exactly sure. Could anyone be so kind to explain? Thanks in advance!


Anyone?


In Korean, "xxxxx fighting!" is a cheer for someone, like "go xxxxx!" or "good luck xxxxx!"

I think the HWAITING thing just came up because when Koreans say fighting it sounds like hwaiting. Not completely sure about this part though.
wat
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 03 2010 16:04 GMT
#52
omggg this is awesome! Because of Jinro I moved from 230 to 9 on liquidbet!
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
purecarnagge
Profile Joined August 2010
719 Posts
December 03 2010 16:06 GMT
#53
Jinro builds lately have been very mineral intensive... I think he needs to get more ravens out... seeker missles etc etc... pdd. raven the only gas intensive unit Jinro doesn't use regularly.
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
December 03 2010 16:37 GMT
#54
On December 04 2010 01:02 Curu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 00:22 the p00n wrote:
On December 03 2010 22:25 the p00n wrote:
This is maybe a silly and slightly off-topic question but; what does '[name] hwaiting!' and '[name] fighting!' mean? I'm sure it is a broodwar reference (which I have never played), about korean commentators or something, but I'm not exactly sure. Could anyone be so kind to explain? Thanks in advance!


Anyone?


In Korean, "xxxxx fighting!" is a cheer for someone, like "go xxxxx!" or "good luck xxxxx!"

I think the HWAITING thing just came up because when Koreans say fighting it sounds like hwaiting. Not completely sure about this part though.


Korean doesnt have a letter for the F sound. Thats why they have to put Hw to resemble the sound.
Another combination korean cant make are -rts ( as in esports , spelled as espoch in korean ).

You sometimes hear 'eh' after an english word because placing an s or d at the end of a word automatically changes it phonetically into a t. So they have to 'cheat' and put an eh sound behind it. This way they can still say protosseh instead of protot.
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
December 03 2010 16:37 GMT
#55
as happy as I am for Jinro...

MC clearly had the line of the day

"Me all in.
He drone drone drone.
Me win."

I love the fact that Jinro and MC are great friends, coz they're both awesome (although I worry for Jinro if they go head to head in the semis, because MC is amazing at PvT).
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-03 16:43:16
December 03 2010 16:42 GMT
#56
Pretty clear now that Sweden is the #2 Starcraft 2 nation in the world...!
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
December 03 2010 16:47 GMT
#57
I bet its gonna drive IdrA crazy now that people will conclude Jinro's better than him.

And anything that drives IdrA crazy can't be bad.
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
DminusTerran
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1337 Posts
December 03 2010 16:48 GMT
#58
On December 04 2010 00:59 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 00:45 Koshi wrote:
I hope Jinro goes all the way!

Does anyone know what Choya meant about Jinro trashtalking about him? Probably they asked Jinro against who would like to play, Immvp or Choya.
And if you are honest...

Lol, I said I prefer it if Choya advances because I think its more fun to practice non-mirrors I dunno how that is trashtalk!

I used to play Choya on ladder a lot but not in a long time, same with MVP (tho I only played him 2-3 times, and it was when he just switched).


He said specifically in his interview that he knows you said you'd prefer to face him and that he doesn't think that you meant anything disrespectful by that. He also said he is honored to player a foreigner player, because this is the global starcraft league.

People are just hearing what they want to hear because they are drama lamas.
Stuv
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Netherlands942 Posts
December 03 2010 16:48 GMT
#59
Jinro was just pure porno today!
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
December 03 2010 16:48 GMT
#60
On December 04 2010 00:54 ZerOfy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2010 00:39 Jiddra wrote:
[image loading]


Tastosis morphing!


CANNOT BE UNSEEN
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko262
LamboSC2 138
Codebar 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23405
Calm 6035
Rain 2118
Bisu 1282
FanTaSy 924
Jaedong 472
Horang2 458
Rush 397
Soma 358
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Stork 233
Zeus 220
Mini 168
Light 115
Larva 100
Mong 90
Barracks 83
Hyun 79
Pusan 77
Mind 76
Snow 74
910 69
ZerO 68
Free 56
ToSsGirL 39
Sea.KH 37
Killer 35
Yoon 32
NaDa 28
Sexy 27
Shinee 26
Noble 17
Terrorterran 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Bale 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6462
Counter-Strike
fl0m1693
olofmeister1049
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns60279
singsing1824
B2W.Neo586
dupreeh393
crisheroes291
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2266
• Nemesis897
Other Games
• WagamamaTV146
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 16m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.