• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:12
CEST 11:12
KST 18:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6141 users

How do you deal with a slump? - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
rS.Sinatra
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada785 Posts
August 26 2010 17:03 GMT
#21
http://www.cbc.ca/news/pointofview/2010/08/digital-devices-do-our-brains-need-a-break-from-technology.html

This is a great article on how to turn your losses into wins. This is also how I deal with my slumps. Its good to take a break sometimes so that you can approach a topic with a fresh mind and a new perspective.
www.rsgaming.com
Darkong
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom418 Posts
August 26 2010 17:04 GMT
#22
I stop laddering, go make a mug of tea, then sit down and watch some replays to see what I'm doing wrong and do some thinking, then go back with my head cleared, always works for me.
Trolling the Battle.Net forums, the most fun you can have with your pants on.
kentonator
Profile Joined July 2010
Vatican City State95 Posts
August 26 2010 17:07 GMT
#23
7v1 comp stomp?
Chaos
Profile Joined July 2009
United States772 Posts
August 26 2010 17:11 GMT
#24
I generally just question why I even play this game, and then start playing again a few minutes later without ever coming up with an answer.
FruitMarket
drlame
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden574 Posts
August 26 2010 17:13 GMT
#25
On August 27 2010 00:11 kAz3 wrote:
So, I've been steadily climbing the ladder ever since release, and got to almost 900 points in diamond as a zerg player. I had something like a 63% win ratio last week. Just yesterday though, I suddenly dropped 5 out of 6 and gave up for the day . . . the first ladder game I played was vs a Terran who went 5 rax reapers and destroyed me . . . after that game I guess I was too frustrated to do anything right because I lost 2 zvzs, a matchup which I have something like an 80% win rate in, and then won 1 ZvP and then lost another 2 ZvPs to mass colossi rapage . . . and I usually win in a macro game in ZvP.

My question is, whats the best way to get back on track after a major losing streak? I suddenly don't feel like playing ladder at all, like I need to wait for some zerg buffs or something, but I'm pretty sure I just need to regain some confidence . . what do you guys usually do?


Create a thread on teamliquid. (will probably get a warning/ban well worth it though)
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
August 26 2010 17:17 GMT
#26
I think the best thing to do is to stop, take a break and watch all your replays objectively and see what you can do better otherwise you'll probably be repeating the same mistakes that are causing you to lose.

As Albert Einstein put it, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
August 26 2010 17:54 GMT
#27
Music, 2v2, or getting off the comp. for awhile is what i usually do.
After watching Nal_Ra's Oldboy series though, I don't get too frustrated anymore aha. I just go "oh wow i sucked" and just laugh it off.
KillerPlague
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1386 Posts
August 26 2010 17:57 GMT
#28
wow you sound just like me. im a protoss player who had about a 61% wlr and 850+ ladder points but have been unable to break that as of like a week now. ive been losing PvZ which up until 700 points i had a near 100% win rate. i just started school, so have been forced to take a break, but my bonus points are soaring and i cant wait to get back at it =]
Side 1: Why no dominant players with 90% win ratio Side 2: Nerf Side 1
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
August 26 2010 18:01 GMT
#29
On August 27 2010 01:40 BlasiuS wrote:
How to deal with a slump

1. get a sturdy plastic bottle, I use empty SoBe Lifewater Bottles.

2. Bottle in hand, get a good stance, legs about shoulder-width apart.

3. Take a good solid step forward with your non-dominant foot and throw the bottle as hard as you fucking can against the wall.

There don't you feel better now? Take a 10 minute break then go own some noob face.

edit: it also helps if you add in some SPARTAAAAA as you throw it




I just did that exact thing. Thank you so much for your guidance wise one.
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
behindert
Profile Joined May 2009
19 Posts
August 26 2010 18:08 GMT
#30
On August 27 2010 01:40 BlasiuS wrote:
How to deal with a slump

1. get a sturdy plastic bottle, I use empty SoBe Lifewater Bottles.

2. Bottle in hand, get a good stance, legs about shoulder-width apart.

3. Take a good solid step forward with your non-dominant foot and throw the bottle as hard as you fucking can against the wall.

There don't you feel better now? Take a 10 minute break then go own some noob face.

edit: it also helps if you add in some SPARTAAAAA as you throw it

haha i did allmost the exact same thing. After loosing 4 games in a row to frustrating terran play i threw a bottle of ice-tea against the wall. Unfortunately it was still half full and exploded upon impact. After the 20 min cleaning of my room the games went way better than before.
Leta for bonjwa
Moa
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States790 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-26 18:20:39
August 26 2010 18:18 GMT
#31
Listen to some cool music, play a custom 1v1 melee game. Regardless of your opponents skill do something absolutely insane, when it works you will feel awesome. Since you appear to be a zerg player here are some fun things you can do as zerg.

1.) Mothership, neural parasite a probe tech up as protoss and get a mothership. I did this once because my enemy refused to quit because he planned a cute counter attack for when I attacked his massive wall of cannons.

2.) Double fast expand into anything

3.) 200 supply of 3/3 banelings into fully upgraded Ultras if that doesn't kill them

4.) Blot out the sun with mutalisks

5.) Infested terran army, haven't actually done this one but it seems possible

This works best if you pretend you are on TL:A
^O^
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
August 26 2010 18:22 GMT
#32
I find that if you just stop playing for awhile, it works itself out. There were points when I played Brood War where I would lose some games, not play for a few days. During that time I'd watch Proleague very attentively and analyze their play. I would come back to Brood War with an unexplained boost in my decision-making and mechanics despite having missed a few days of play.

In a nutshell: take a break and watch some pros. Go back in a couple days.
connoisseur
Azile
Profile Joined March 2010
United States339 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-26 18:24:46
August 26 2010 18:23 GMT
#33
Borderlands.

If I lose 4 games in a row I take a break and go blow some shit up. I don't get the whole 'play through it' theory, if i'm on a losing streak I tend to play progressively worse.

You can see this on streams too people will go on tilt and just keep queuing and losing and playing worse and worse.
s4m222
Profile Joined March 2010
United States272 Posts
August 26 2010 18:25 GMT
#34
leave the game for a day or a few days, get some sun, workout, meet friends haha :D
Arnu
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada96 Posts
August 26 2010 18:26 GMT
#35
On August 27 2010 01:51 s[O]rry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2010 01:40 BlasiuS wrote:
How to deal with a slump

1. get a sturdy plastic bottle, I use empty SoBe Lifewater Bottles.

2. Bottle in hand, get a good stance, legs about shoulder-width apart.

3. Take a good solid step forward with your non-dominant foot and throw the bottle as hard as you fucking can against the wall.

There don't you feel better now? Take a 10 minute break then go own some noob face.

edit: it also helps if you add in some SPARTAAAAA as you throw it


Oh my god, you are some kind of wizard. I do a dangerously similar thing I just use my little brother instead.

Okay, jokes... Maybe.

Lol.
Just take a breather, maybe punch a pillow if you're pissed. =]
MadZ
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark111 Posts
August 26 2010 18:31 GMT
#36
when i loose alot of games i just baneling bust every game for 5 games or something.. even if i loose those games i have just watched a lot of baneling explosions and that makes me happy :p
asdfjh
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada230 Posts
August 26 2010 18:40 GMT
#37
if you dont care about your rank you can easily lose like 10 games in a row so on your 9th game you're matched up with a bronze player.
but seriously, just take a break, watch some replays etc
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
August 26 2010 18:43 GMT
#38
Play some customs, work on some different builds with your friends, take a day off, then get back at it the next day. It is hard, though. It happens to me sometimes too.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
acceL.
Profile Joined April 2010
United States109 Posts
August 26 2010 18:51 GMT
#39
Hm.... I guess since I am poker player these "downswings" don't really affect me. It's not uncommon for me to have 6-8 loss streaks daily. Just today I went on an 8 loss streak... It doesn't really affect me. Having a 1-5 session shouldn't make you upset in the least.

I guess when you play 50 games a day losing 5-6 in a row doesn't matter. :O!

Just grind through it. Go watch Nal_rA's Old Boy. He loses pretty much every game vs pro gamers and the only thing that does is make him try that much harder. It all comes down to mental toughness. :\

Here's what you don't do:
Cheese to make up for it (in poker this would be chasing losses)

Bottom line:
If having a bad session of SIX games makes you mad, you should probably find a new hobby. I heard World of Warcraft is looking for more peoples.
SkeweredFromEarToEye
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada19 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-27 12:54:49
August 26 2010 18:54 GMT
#40
On a spit, your head will burn...Charring flesh; brain tissue congeals...Grab the skull; open wide; scoop it out...I consume your mind. Eating the brain, to gain the knowledge of death
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 208
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1200
Bisu 824
Soma 204
hero 183
HiyA 103
EffOrt 79
Pusan 46
ZerO 38
sorry 35
Killer 29
[ Show more ]
Mong 27
Bale 24
Sharp 17
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
Rush 5
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
edward38
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft809
crisheroes411
Other Games
gofns32997
olofmeister1098
singsing997
ceh9577
Livibee215
Pyrionflax121
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream556
Other Games
gamesdonequick507
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH346
• StrangeGG 34
• LUISG 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2365
League of Legends
• Rush1645
• Jankos1350
• Stunt416
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
48m
Afreeca Starleague
48m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 48m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.