• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:37
CEST 12:37
KST 19:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8680 users

How do you deal with a slump?

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
kAz3
Profile Joined July 2010
United States56 Posts
August 26 2010 15:11 GMT
#1
So, I've been steadily climbing the ladder ever since release, and got to almost 900 points in diamond as a zerg player. I had something like a 63% win ratio last week. Just yesterday though, I suddenly dropped 5 out of 6 and gave up for the day . . . the first ladder game I played was vs a Terran who went 5 rax reapers and destroyed me . . . after that game I guess I was too frustrated to do anything right because I lost 2 zvzs, a matchup which I have something like an 80% win rate in, and then won 1 ZvP and then lost another 2 ZvPs to mass colossi rapage . . . and I usually win in a macro game in ZvP.

My question is, whats the best way to get back on track after a major losing streak? I suddenly don't feel like playing ladder at all, like I need to wait for some zerg buffs or something, but I'm pretty sure I just need to regain some confidence . . what do you guys usually do?
DrBoo
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1177 Posts
August 26 2010 15:12 GMT
#2
On August 27 2010 00:11 kAz3 wrote:I suddenly dropped 5 out of 6 and gave up for the day


Well there's your problem... giving up
"DrBoo is an elaborate troll" -Pufftrees
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-26 15:14:19
August 26 2010 15:13 GMT
#3

watch jaedong rape face for 20 minutes.
You should be good to go.

Don't lose heart at all, every game you join you should be ready to win. don't let a losing streak get to you. I regularly streak wins and losses you just have to deal with it.
naveedx983
Profile Joined August 2010
United States58 Posts
August 26 2010 15:14 GMT
#4
You can be active about it... watch your replays to figure out where you went wrong

Or you can be passive about it... play some customs with friends, play a 4v4RT to shift your focus from your record to having fun
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
August 26 2010 15:15 GMT
#5
I am also in a awful slump atm, my solution is just play until it starts to go good again, just remember to take some breaks in between loosing streaks
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
August 26 2010 15:17 GMT
#6
The most important thing in a losing streak is to not lose your head and get frustrated.
Just calmly think over your mistakes and criticize yourself what you did wrong or could have done better and play a new game.
Some people just stop playing for 1 hour or go play some other game or watch a movie to keep their heads cool and then ladder.

All in all you'd find that just not losing your head is the summarized answer of all replies (most likely ).
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
wuddersup
Profile Joined July 2010
United States228 Posts
August 26 2010 15:17 GMT
#7
I just quit playing ladder for a few days. Playing while frustrated is the best way to lose.
Krohm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1857 Posts
August 26 2010 15:20 GMT
#8
I just keep playing until I win generally. When I win I get bored and take a break.
Not bad for a cat toy.
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
August 26 2010 15:20 GMT
#9
When I lose a lot I know I will lose a lot more if I continiue playing.

Normally I just watch some vods of other people, watch streams and look around on forums. I could reccommend TaKeSen's stream on ESLtv tonight. Its in german so you might not understand it, but for those who do its quite a nice thing to watch =).
Hikari
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
1914 Posts
August 26 2010 15:21 GMT
#10
Take a break, play some custom games. Ask your friends for some practice games vs what you lost to. Read TL forums :p
kanst
Profile Joined July 2010
United States8 Posts
August 26 2010 16:12 GMT
#11
Whenever I go on a losing streak I play a custom game and I often try to cheese the person. After losing a bunch in a row cannon rushing someone, whether it works or not, can cheer me up.
CidO
Profile Joined June 2010
United States695 Posts
August 26 2010 16:15 GMT
#12
watch your replays to find out why you lost and build on that.

unless you know why you lost when you lost then you don't know, and if you don't know then you need to watch replays. you either lost because of macro / micro / unit type etc, find out why and do better next time.
:P
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
August 26 2010 16:38 GMT
#13
Hey, just keep playing, no need to give up.
Keep practicing and dont pay too much attention to ur record, being in a losing streak its understandable cuz theres not such thing as winning every single game and having a 100% win ratio also that was just a bad day u had probably either way go back to ur replays and try to find out where u went wrong and fix it next time, try to improve ur game by learning from ur replays and keep practicing
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-26 16:47:06
August 26 2010 16:40 GMT
#14
How to deal with a slump

1. get a sturdy plastic bottle, I use empty SoBe Lifewater Bottles.

2. Bottle in hand, get a good stance, legs about shoulder-width apart.

3. Take a good solid step forward with your non-dominant foot and throw the bottle as hard as you fucking can against the wall.

There don't you feel better now? Take a 10 minute break then go own some noob face.

edit: it also helps if you add in some SPARTAAAAA as you throw it
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
August 26 2010 16:40 GMT
#15
Watch replays and go play arranged or random team games for a while.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 26 2010 16:45 GMT
#16
i just calm myself down and keep playing if i feel like it lol

ive gone on some reaaal nasty slumps
Pure.Calm
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom196 Posts
August 26 2010 16:46 GMT
#17
I usually begin listening to classical music while i play lol =P
kAz3
Profile Joined July 2010
United States56 Posts
August 26 2010 16:49 GMT
#18
On August 27 2010 01:40 BlasiuS wrote:
How to deal with a slump

1. get a sturdy plastic bottle, I use empty SoBe Lifewater Bottles.

2. Bottle in hand, get a good stance, legs about shoulder-width apart.

3. Take a good solid step forward with your non-dominant foot and throw the bottle as hard as you fucking can against the wall.

There don't you feel better now? Take a 10 minute break then go own some noob face.

edit: it also helps if you add in some SPARTAAAAA as you throw it


hahaha more responses like this please
s[O]rry
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada398 Posts
August 26 2010 16:51 GMT
#19
On August 27 2010 01:40 BlasiuS wrote:
How to deal with a slump

1. get a sturdy plastic bottle, I use empty SoBe Lifewater Bottles.

2. Bottle in hand, get a good stance, legs about shoulder-width apart.

3. Take a good solid step forward with your non-dominant foot and throw the bottle as hard as you fucking can against the wall.

There don't you feel better now? Take a 10 minute break then go own some noob face.

edit: it also helps if you add in some SPARTAAAAA as you throw it


Oh my god, you are some kind of wizard. I do a dangerously similar thing I just use my little brother instead.

Okay, jokes... Maybe.
Sunshine.
Shifft
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1085 Posts
August 26 2010 16:59 GMT
#20
Smoke some pot, wait ~20 mins, turn on your favourite music, then resume playing. Use whatever your standard build is for each matchup so you can just get in the zone and not think about it too much.
=O
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko88
SpeCial 45
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19011
firebathero 2299
Bisu 828
Hyuk 611
Horang2 434
Larva 229
BeSt 218
Light 137
EffOrt 132
Mini 126
[ Show more ]
Soma 111
Leta 99
Rush 84
Barracks 72
ZerO 63
Yoon 62
Pusan 55
Killer 54
ToSsGirL 54
soO 46
Sharp 41
Sexy 33
Aegong 31
Mong 30
NaDa 26
Shinee 26
Mind 22
Bale 21
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 18
JulyZerg 16
sorry 14
Noble 12
zelot 10
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
XaKoH 204
Fuzer 178
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1104
byalli971
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor984
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns40428
singsing1781
olofmeister1045
B2W.Neo148
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)14
Livibee0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH73
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 23m
OSC
11h 23m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 23m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.