• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:13
CEST 18:13
KST 01:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8051 users

TL Contest Beta Keys? - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
February 20 2010 20:43 GMT
#21
Ah, sorry for the confusion. What we did was essentially "reserve" the future keys we would get for the 2nd wave contests, and earmarked them for cakes 4-10. But we still have to actually wait for wave 2 :/
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
February 20 2010 20:45 GMT
#22
So you are saying if the 2nd wave was to come next week Blizzard still does not have our information since they never gave you the rights to a 2nd contest?
good luck have fun!
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
February 20 2010 21:28 GMT
#23
I think he is saying that we used the contest keys that we would've gotten for second wave contests, for our first wave contests. And thus you have to wait for second wave.
Afaik, it is all legit and was blizzard that offered us the idea of using our second wave keys for contests.
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
February 23 2010 02:20 GMT
#24
second wave. got 4th-10th no key

(((((
connoisseur
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
February 23 2010 02:44 GMT
#25
Damn, these people deserve the beta the most IMO. Sucks that they have to wait
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-23 03:41:21
February 23 2010 03:33 GMT
#26
Guys it appears that the 2nd wave has started and a email today from Blizzard told me that they do not have me on file anywhere and forwarded me once again to another department in Blizzard.

I also spoke to FA who confirmed that they have not submitted our stuff as nobody from Blizzard has given them heads up on it. It seems like 4-10 might be forgotten
This is painful! painful

Edit: If anybody from 4-10 gets any new info please let me know!
good luck have fun!
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-23 04:23:01
February 23 2010 04:22 GMT
#27
On February 23 2010 12:33 Pape wrote:
Guys it appears that the 2nd wave has started and a email today from Blizzard told me that they do not have me on file anywhere and forwarded me once again to another department in Blizzard.

I also spoke to FA who confirmed that they have not submitted our stuff as nobody from Blizzard has given them heads up on it. It seems like 4-10 might be forgotten
This is painful! painful

Edit: If anybody from 4-10 gets any new info please let me know!


just....

just... i cant...

i dont wanna..

believe it.


pd: i hope that tl.staff can do something... i really trust in all of u guys!!
Beat after beat i will become stronger.
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
February 23 2010 04:44 GMT
#28
Appears I was just finally enlightened on this topic. I will do my best to explain to my understanding.

Places 4-10 are winners of a 2nd wave of contests allowed by Blizzard for TeamLiquid to host. TeamLiquid never received permission from Blizzard to do this yet and if they do they will just forward their emails to Blizzard and we will get our keys. When this will happen is not known at all or if it will ever happen I guess is the better question..

We have only had 1 wave of contests and those winners received their keys respectfully on the first wave. The 2nd wave of contests has never happened and if it happens we might be invited sometime down the road, but that does not mean it will happen in the 2nd wave of beta keys. Since it looks like the 2nd wave has already started it is almost safe to say that it won't happen anytime soon.

I'd like to thank the TL staff for giving us the right to those keys if they ever become available. I also have to say that I am really disappointed in Blizzard atm and it looks like our opportunity to play the game will come only when the game comes, and it really sucks that I expected to be in the early beta since last summer only to have my heart broke in the last minute
good luck have fun!
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
February 23 2010 05:04 GMT
#29
yes, FA told me that they received an email from blizzard and ask for contact info... (that's what they did for the first wave winners).

But.. its there any winner playing right now?? would be very nice if they write their experience here, i really admire the work and effort put in the cake contest, and will be nice if all of us meet one day for play.

Me and pape are very frustrated, a email from blizzard asking for patience would be fine. Or more support from staff and first wave winners... i dont want to feel alone in this.
Beat after beat i will become stronger.
lepape
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada557 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-02 21:47:24
March 02 2010 21:39 GMT
#30
I wonder if anyone here can help me.

Last year, I participated in the trivia contest on SCLegacy, then I received an email from them telling me I had won a SC2 Beta key. Of course I was extremely happy and very lucky, it was one of the first beta contests out there.

A few weeks ago, beta had started, of course I was checking my emails and b.net account every 4.5 seconds like everyone else. Since then, I received no news from Blizzard or SCL about the key or the contest.

Last week, I wrote to the SCL staff and to contest@blizzard.com to know what happened with the key, with the link to the actual contest, and I still have received no answer to my question from either. I contacted support@blizzard.com, they told me all I could do was to wait until contest@blizzard.com answers me, but one week already seems like a ridiculous amount of time to answer the simple question : ''well, so what happened to my beta key?''.

At this point, I don't get it, I just feel like I got screwed up.
LuDwig-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Italy1143 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-02 21:56:53
March 02 2010 21:55 GMT
#31
I feel some rage through myself..
I should use my cooking experience (equal to 0) to make a super cake!

I belive in the opt-in!

opt in plz come to me!


EDIT:
i see now it is a dead thread walking..you can cancel my post -.-
Shame on the shaman that resurrected this thread
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120015&currentpage=98<--Search the HotBid's Post
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
March 03 2010 01:31 GMT
#32
On March 03 2010 06:39 lepape wrote:
I wonder if anyone here can help me.

I msg'd LordOfAscension. He's offline now but hopefully he'll respond when he gets back.
Administrator
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
March 03 2010 03:44 GMT
#33
On February 23 2010 14:04 No_eL wrote:
yes, FA told me that they received an email from blizzard and ask for contact info... (that's what they did for the first wave winners).

But.. its there any winner playing right now?? would be very nice if they write their experience here, i really admire the work and effort put in the cake contest, and will be nice if all of us meet one day for play.

Me and pape are very frustrated, a email from blizzard asking for patience would be fine. Or more support from staff and first wave winners... i dont want to feel alone in this.

I can confirm that all the ironman, cake and guide winners are playing the beta... (or at least, the ones I have heard from are playing and the ones I haven't heard from I assume are playing).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Skaff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States240 Posts
March 03 2010 03:49 GMT
#34
Glad our "Ace of cakes" got in!
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
March 12 2010 05:06 GMT
#35
any news? im starting to think that ill be the last men on playing the beta.. =( many are playing right now, and we are still waiting for the "second wave" of contest winners by blizzard. Its very sad, im very dissapointed with all of this.
Beat after beat i will become stronger.
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
March 12 2010 05:31 GMT
#36
I was so close to making a cake for this, and then I got my beta key by trading 6000 wow gold off my old account I never play... I want cake now... mmm
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
March 13 2010 03:16 GMT
#37
On March 12 2010 14:31 Wr3k wrote:
I was so close to making a cake for this, and then I got my beta key by trading 6000 wow gold off my old account I never play... I want cake now... mmm


do you have feelings???

OMG!

Beat after beat i will become stronger.
SilentCrono
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1420 Posts
March 13 2010 04:34 GMT
#38
that reaver one is completely amazing!
♞ Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse. ♞
Ftrunkz
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Australia2474 Posts
March 13 2010 04:38 GMT
#39
On March 12 2010 14:06 No_eL wrote:
any news? im starting to think that ill be the last men on playing the beta.. =( many are playing right now, and we are still waiting for the "second wave" of contest winners by blizzard. Its very sad, im very dissapointed with all of this.

Spare a thought for those of us who have no really chance of getting a beta key at all (except through godly luck in opt-ins)
@NvPinder on twitter | Member of Gamecom Nv | http://www.clan-ta.com | http://www.youtube.com/user/ftrunkz | http://www.twitchtv.com/xghpinder
LuDwig-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Italy1143 Posts
March 13 2010 14:40 GMT
#40
Man i really hope you will get your beta key. But if (and i want to highlight that) it is not going to happen i suppose you have not to complain with tl staff but with blizzard
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120015&currentpage=98<--Search the HotBid's Post
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
Codebar 28
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1085
Mini 905
Soma 602
Shuttle 552
actioN 467
Rush 374
Light 316
ggaemo 311
Larva 293
Stork 293
[ Show more ]
BeSt 237
Horang2 216
Snow 170
hero 151
firebathero 120
Barracks 106
Dewaltoss 106
Aegong 73
Zeus 71
Shine 60
Shinee 55
Liquid`Ret 39
Sharp 39
Sexy 35
JYJ 30
soO 27
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 26
sorry 26
zelot 17
Rock 14
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8648
qojqva2008
Dendi841
420jenkins152
Counter-Strike
fl0m1292
Fnx 776
x6flipin532
edward54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5437
Grubby449
Other Games
singsing1479
B2W.Neo960
byalli496
Mlord330
ceh9288
Khaldor263
DeMusliM220
Liquid`VortiX159
KnowMe128
ArmadaUGS102
Beastyqt80
Trikslyr51
BRAT_OK 40
Railgan19
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV230
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH249
• StrangeGG 73
• mYiSmile125
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV362
League of Legends
• Nemesis2469
• TFBlade774
Other Games
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 47m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 47m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.