• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:34
CEST 17:34
KST 00:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9915 users

TL Contest Beta Keys?

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-18 16:57:02
February 18 2010 16:53 GMT
#1
I was wondering whatever happened to the keys for the winners from the contests last summer. I have never heard back anything about mine from anybody at TL or Blizzard. I know there were other cake winners out there and other competitions that we had. Anybody receive anything yet and does anybody have any information?

I worked 3-4 days on that cake and its highly disappointing to be waiting for a never coming email when we were promised first wave?

I look forward to hearing the responses. Thank You!

Edit: Epic video I made from all the cakes.

good luck have fun!
BeJe77
Profile Joined April 2006
United States377 Posts
February 18 2010 17:02 GMT
#2
Awesome, I remember those cakes!!!!

So you guys still haven't gotten your beta keys?
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
February 18 2010 17:06 GMT
#3
I have not received anything from anybody EVER!
good luck have fun!
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
February 18 2010 17:07 GMT
#4
Believe me, we passed your information to Blizzard right when the contest ended. If you're not in yet, it's their fault. Be patient.
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
February 18 2010 17:18 GMT
#5
It's alright, any way to contact them?
good luck have fun!
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
February 18 2010 17:21 GMT
#6
In this boat as well, I guess.
connoisseur
lepape
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada557 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-18 18:55:41
February 18 2010 18:44 GMT
#7
I've also won a key from a fansite contest and I received no info, so I guess we gotta keep waiting...
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
February 18 2010 18:52 GMT
#8
Sucks that the contest people aren't part of the 1st wave apparently
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
February 18 2010 19:58 GMT
#9
be patient pape, we will have those keys sooner =)
Beat after beat i will become stronger.
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
February 18 2010 19:58 GMT
#10
I emailed Blizz support earlier. I will be sure to let you know any new information if I get a response.
good luck have fun!
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
February 18 2010 19:59 GMT
#11
ok, i wish you luck men =)
Beat after beat i will become stronger.
lepape
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada557 Posts
February 19 2010 06:54 GMT
#12
Any news?

Sad face.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
February 19 2010 07:20 GMT
#13
oh that sucks on Blizzard's part :/
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
geno
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1404 Posts
February 19 2010 07:27 GMT
#14
If anyone deserved to get in on the first wave, its gotta be some of these contest winners. That sucks that you aren't yet
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
February 19 2010 07:36 GMT
#15
I imagine that they will get into the second wave, they said most of the ppl from wave 1 were blizzcon people so they will prob move to opt in people after blizzcon/contest/community keys have been given out.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
February 20 2010 06:13 GMT
#16
I emailed Blizzard support and they forwarded me to the beta department. It's been a while now and no answers yet. I have received a few PM's from winners from this and other sites that are in the same position. I know we were promised the first wave by Blizzard and this is quite disappointing when all of these contests included a lot of hard work and our time to compete in them.

I will keep you posted if/when they respond to me.
good luck have fun!
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 07:41:08
February 20 2010 07:38 GMT
#17
Pape, you were not 1st wave... you were 2nd wave. The top 3 cakes, top 3 guides, and Ironman winners were first wave. Cake #4 to Cake #10 were 2nd wave - which as not yet gone out

As far as I am aware, all the 1st wave winners have received their beta keys, so there's no reason to think you shouldn't, as long as Blizzard comes through - which they usually do.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
February 20 2010 08:12 GMT
#18
Top 3 contest winner here, and my keys came a few hours after beta started.
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-20 08:22:10
February 20 2010 08:21 GMT
#19
Yeah I got a key in the article contest and arrived day 1.
been playing nothing but SC2 since then, its very legit
Writerman what
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
February 20 2010 16:34 GMT
#20
On February 20 2010 16:38 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Pape, you were not 1st wave... you were 2nd wave. The top 3 cakes, top 3 guides, and Ironman winners were first wave. Cake #4 to Cake #10 were 2nd wave - which as not yet gone out

As far as I am aware, all the 1st wave winners have received their beta keys, so there's no reason to think you shouldn't, as long as Blizzard comes through - which they usually do.


:S I understood it as first wave but that a later contest would be replaced and those keys given to the other places. If that is the case I guess I can hope that they got my email in there and 2nd it out in the next week or two.

Thanks FA.
good luck have fun!
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Codebar 34
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1176
Mini 976
Soma 626
actioN 526
Rush 381
Light 361
ggaemo 320
Larva 287
Horang2 262
Stork 257
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 209
hero 208
Barracks 125
firebathero 108
Killer 107
Aegong 100
Shine 98
Dewaltoss 89
Sea.KH 82
Zeus 73
JYJ 40
Sharp 38
Shinee 38
Sexy 36
soO 36
ToSsGirL 27
Bale 23
zelot 22
sorry 21
Liquid`Ret 20
Rock 18
Trap 18
Terrorterran 13
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc7926
qojqva1907
Dendi770
420jenkins150
Counter-Strike
fl0m836
x6flipin809
Fnx 783
edward36
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5830
Khaldor712
Other Games
singsing1568
B2W.Neo892
byalli505
Lowko384
Mlord287
DeMusliM209
Liquid`VortiX167
KnowMe149
ArmadaUGS120
Trikslyr41
Railgan11
BRAT_OK 0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV221
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH163
• StrangeGG 63
• mYiSmile119
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix10
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV412
League of Legends
• Nemesis2417
• Jankos1803
• TFBlade697
Other Games
• Shiphtur105
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 27m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.