• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:18
CEST 10:18
KST 17:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6399 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 318

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 316 317 318 319 320 1118 Next
matko5
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia385 Posts
June 03 2010 21:05 GMT
#6341
i'll be tuning in today for the first time live, i'll watch it along nba finals. hell yeah.
Disi gazda
MasterFwiffo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States97 Posts
June 03 2010 21:18 GMT
#6342
Hey Day9, I love your show, watch the VOD's regularly with my brother. I have a request: Can you do a cast that will help mediocre players like myself deal with all-in cheeses like cannon rushes or proxy-Gateways-In-The-Base or Proxy-Rax or any other of these dumb cheeses that I don't know how to stop? Thanks!
Every morning we wake up and pray Oh God, Please dont let me die today, tomorrow would be SO much better!
Giot
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3 Posts
June 03 2010 22:24 GMT
#6343
Dear Day9,

As a former e-sports caster I want to thank you for your time and effort, people don't always know exactly how much work goes on behind the scenes and I wanna say you are one of the greatest, funniest nerdawesomeness casters I have seen in a long time. Watching you reawoke my inner nerd.

First off, I played SC1 from release till pretty much the release of WoW when my life officially ended for about 5 years. Now that SC2 is in beta I am super pumped to get back into the best RTS game ever conceived. I play protoss almost exclusively and my build is extremely Warpgate centric. I watched your Day9 Daily 128 (I think it was 128...) where you experimented with heavy warpgate play. If you would like I can play a bunch of games when my finals are over (they are coming up next week) assuming blizz hasn't taken b.net off line and send you a good replay pack. A good BO to use is: 1-2 gateways depending on if you need/want early lots, drop a cyber, cap to 3 gateways then build a robo. I say get the robo instead of a TC because observers/warp prisms are SOOOO powerful with a gateway heavy build. I actually tend to never build immortals and very VERY rarely will go for colos. Instead I use the robo bay to pump out TWO observers or if I want a timing warp prism push I will get the warp prism before the 2nd observer. The double observer is because of a few things, 1) if a smart player has detection they will blow your observer up then probably think you are out of observers and attack with cloak 2) added map scouting. A single observer on a good patrol route can scout out 3-4 expansions easily.

After the robo I will usually drop 1 more gateway to make it a 4 gate and then drop my TC. The TC upgrades will make your Gateway units infinitly more powerful, we all know the sheer power of good blink micro and honestly charge just turns zealots into a whole new unit. From TC you have lots of options, you can mass Stalkers with blink, you can mass Zeals with charge, you can throw sentries in as needed. You can also drop a templar archive as you like to go with the high temps or... if your observer sees a nice hole in the opponent's detection you can get the most evil attack in the game, the warp prism DT drop/warp in. I have forced a GG on multiple games by simply warping 1 or 2 DT into my opponents base and micro them to kill off workers. A single DT with no upgrades can 1 shot a worker, making this and EXTREMELY effective attack.

After the TC goes down thats when you have tons of freedom, generally I will go up to about an 8 gate at some point shortly after I start TC upgrades and if the game progresses much longer you can just throw down more and more gateways, I have numerous games where I will end the game with 12+ gateways. This makes rebuilding your army almost as easy as zerg with full larva and your army will be MUCH more powerful than the zerg's.

Anyway, thanks for all of the wonderfully awesome casts!

-Giot
Fdragon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States96 Posts
June 03 2010 22:35 GMT
#6344
Day9 is awesome in every sense! HE EVEN HAS PANTS!!!!!
ZvT makes me Sad Face =(
DougJDempsey
Profile Joined April 2010
747 Posts
June 04 2010 00:36 GMT
#6345
On June 04 2010 07:35 Fdragon wrote:
Day9 is awesome in every sense! HE EVEN HAS PANTS!!!!!

I'm not sure I wanna know what this means..
LeX-
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada49 Posts
June 04 2010 01:28 GMT
#6346
Hi Day9,

When you have the time, please post Day9 Daily #129 on blip.tv

Thanks :D
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
June 04 2010 01:38 GMT
#6347
Doing awesome work D9! <<< You like that, don't you
I think esports is pretty nice.
Rising_Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States370 Posts
June 04 2010 01:42 GMT
#6348
Still hoping that you will focus more on zerg play in a match!
Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
June 04 2010 02:45 GMT
#6349
On June 04 2010 09:36 Digamma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2010 07:35 Fdragon wrote:
Day9 is awesome in every sense! HE EVEN HAS PANTS!!!!!

I'm not sure I wanna know what this means..


I think he's thinking that if he were Day[9], that he would not wear pants as he is commentating.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Stane
Profile Joined April 2010
United States64 Posts
June 04 2010 02:45 GMT
#6350
On June 02 2010 12:05 Day[9] wrote:
@stane,

100% of my videos are uploaded at blip. Can you not view them?



My fault, all of the "offline" vids are about SC2 - or maybe the index in the first post isn't updated. That's probably it. I wish you did more vids on zerg play because I'm a zerg player and am selfish like that .

Are you going to go back to BW commentaries during blackout month? :D
Tristan
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada566 Posts
June 04 2010 03:01 GMT
#6351
You know she's out there, and when you finally catch her...
[image loading]
http://Zangano431.tumblr.com/
Kaliver
Profile Joined April 2010
United States10 Posts
June 04 2010 03:05 GMT
#6352
On June 04 2010 12:01 TheElitists wrote:
You know she's out there, and when you finally catch her...
[image loading]



Epic
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
June 04 2010 03:07 GMT
#6353
On June 04 2010 12:01 TheElitists wrote:
You know she's out there, and when you finally catch her...
[image loading]


hahahahah, show this to Joe, he will understand. :D
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
matko5
Profile Joined April 2010
Croatia385 Posts
June 04 2010 03:07 GMT
#6354
oh man, day9 is even better live, it's just the time slot doesn't work for me (4AM).
Disi gazda
btlyger
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States470 Posts
June 04 2010 03:10 GMT
#6355
On June 03 2010 21:48 Butcherski wrote:
"Day[9] Daily #130 - Day[9] vs Jinro

I FINALLY BEAT HIS MECH FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY"


And now its NERFED!
"Minerals being mined. Minerals being mined. Minerals being mined." Learn how to post: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Orange Goblin
Profile Joined May 2010
218 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 03:17:31
June 04 2010 03:17 GMT
#6356
So, regarding the recent lag on Ustream.

It has just been happening the two last days, before that, the stream used to stabilize, and everything used to be fine after the first few minutes.

Now, though, it lags all the time, and I notice it always happens before an ad pops up (and you see FF try to transfer data from some ad-server). I saw a lot of people in the chat had the same problem as well. I don't really use Ustream for watching live-streams other than the Day[9] Daily, so I don't know if this is a issue with the whole of Ustream right now, does anyone know? Does Ustream know?

Oh, and EE HAAAN TIMINNNG!! Classic!
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
June 04 2010 03:22 GMT
#6357
I never have problems with UStream and I don't get ads either so I don't know
"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
Kashll
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1117 Posts
June 04 2010 03:24 GMT
#6358
On June 04 2010 12:17 Orange Goblin wrote:
So, regarding the recent lag on Ustream.

It has just been happening the two last days, before that, the stream used to stabilize, and everything used to be fine after the first few minutes.

Now, though, it lags all the time, and I notice it always happens before an ad pops up (and you see FF try to transfer data from some ad-server). I saw a lot of people in the chat had the same problem as well. I don't really use Ustream for watching live-streams other than the Day[9] Daily, so I don't know if this is a issue with the whole of Ustream right now, does anyone know? Does Ustream know?

Oh, and EE HAAAN TIMINNNG!! Classic!


Try using a different browser. I've been using internet explorer for ustream (I normally use firefox) just because it seems to lag less. I think it may be related to the antivirus software I have installed on firefox.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
qoiN
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden576 Posts
June 04 2010 03:25 GMT
#6359
I have the same problem. It's fine for some minutes, then it decides to lagspike for ~30sec or so, rinse and repeat. Been like this yesterday and today.
Orange Goblin
Profile Joined May 2010
218 Posts
June 04 2010 03:45 GMT
#6360
On June 04 2010 12:24 Kashll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2010 12:17 Orange Goblin wrote:
So, regarding the recent lag on Ustream.

It has just been happening the two last days, before that, the stream used to stabilize, and everything used to be fine after the first few minutes.

Now, though, it lags all the time, and I notice it always happens before an ad pops up (and you see FF try to transfer data from some ad-server). I saw a lot of people in the chat had the same problem as well. I don't really use Ustream for watching live-streams other than the Day[9] Daily, so I don't know if this is a issue with the whole of Ustream right now, does anyone know? Does Ustream know?

Oh, and EE HAAAN TIMINNNG!! Classic!


Try using a different browser. I've been using internet explorer for ustream (I normally use firefox) just because it seems to lag less. I think it may be related to the antivirus software I have installed on firefox.


Doesn't make much sense that the browser is doing it, though (because it started yesterday). In any case, I've tried FF, Opera and Chrome, same problem across the board. I refuse to use IE.
Prev 1 316 317 318 319 320 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3334
Soma 262
Rush 250
Killer 111
ToSsGirL 91
Mong 75
Shinee 36
Counter-Strike
ceh9556
byalli501
shoxiejesuss394
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King143
Other Games
summit1g7576
olofmeister675
WinterStarcraft582
Happy343
dupreeh243
Sick213
crisheroes152
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• killerbeecast1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2277
League of Legends
• Jankos900
• Stunt442
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 42m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.