• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:11
CEST 00:11
KST 07:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8818 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 276

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 274 275 276 277 278 1118 Next
Rintrah
Profile Joined May 2010
United States25 Posts
May 18 2010 05:58 GMT
#5501
The Day9 gifs are so awesome! Thanks for posting them.
Butcherski
Profile Joined April 2010
Poland446 Posts
May 18 2010 06:02 GMT
#5502
On May 18 2010 14:34 Crixus wrote:
White-Ra vs Sen?

I couldn't wait to see the match, so i found some vids done by some asian commentators
http://sc2.178.com/201005/68034990352.html


Unfortunately its only 1 game ... Any chance of the english VOD's showing up soon ? Or maybe someone who knows korean can post the links from all the games and in the correct order :D That would be awesome
"Well Tasteless, i once met a three-toed sloth with good marauder control " - Artosis
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
May 18 2010 06:03 GMT
#5503
I'm re-encoding and uploading 118 right now! Again, I had a power outage at the end of the cast so ROFL woops!

Also, Euro vs Asia games will hopefully be up ultra giga soon. For some reason, time warner cable is throttling my bandwidth so my download/upload has gone from 10mps/2mps to like 50kps -_-.

GONNA CALL THEM AND RAGE OUT :>
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
May 18 2010 06:17 GMT
#5504
An improvement suggestion (written as PM but I'm posting here too to see if anyone agrees with me and because I know Day[9]'s inbox is experience an epic backup):

First let me describe the main issue I have with Day[9] Daily content. I noticed after a little while and internalizing most of the most important concepts you emphasize that I really started to have trouble putting a lot of the commentary and information in "game context" as I guess I think of it. I just can't really follow the games you are commenting on. I believe one of the main causes for this effect on me is the frequent pausing, which disrupts a sort of natural sense of the timings of things that I sort of use to contextualize what's going on in a game. It also makes it flow less like a game so the sense of different beginnings leading into other things gets chopped up which I feel like detracts from the point you are trying to make. I'm not saying that the pausing is bad, because it lets you add so much depth and detail to the analysis, just that it's something to think about (like you say with builds, plus I already have my answer ready). The other factor is that I also miss or pay less attention to my personal clues (I think everyone has subtly different ones) that help me contextualize game action when listening to your details which might be on some other aspect of the game. I think you can see the theme I'm getting at here.

So the elegance of what I've come up with to overcome this for myself as a viewer is in the fact that it doesn't require modification to your commentating style at all. As I've been going through the BW dailies, I've started searching for the VOD of the game and watching it right through first so I process the game through my normal "processor" (as a bonus I can just enjoy the game and root for a winner too) and it makes sense as a whole. Then I go watch the daily and get the super awesome analysis, but it's like exponentially more awesome even because it builds on the crude foundation that's already there, instead of being more floaty. It also lets me make clear connections directly between your analysis of the early and middle parts of the game and what I saw happen later.

So this is totally awesome for catching up on the BW goldmine you have, since you can basically find every single VOD on nevake, etc., but for the SC2 games I have no idea if most of them are available anywhere as replays or VODs or where to look for them. Also for live watching this is obviously less than ideal.

So my suggestion for you (if you think any other people feel like I do) is to put a link to the replay or VOD of the original game with the on-demand videos. For live it's a little more tricky, but if you were to put the replay or VOD up some time in advance if possible for the upcoming daily. I personally watch almost everything on-demand so just the first part would make me really happy anyway, but I feel like it's something to think about.

No need for the Bdub pro ones since they are so easy to find, btw.

For Day[9] if you read this and didn't get to it in PM:
Thanks for reading this. Keep up the unbelievable awesomeness.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
VGJunky
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4 Posts
May 18 2010 06:21 GMT
#5505
On May 18 2010 15:03 Day[9] wrote:
I'm re-encoding and uploading 118 right now! Again, I had a power outage at the end of the cast so ROFL woops!

Also, Euro vs Asia games will hopefully be up ultra giga soon. For some reason, time warner cable is throttling my bandwidth so my download/upload has gone from 10mps/2mps to like 50kps -_-.

GONNA CALL THEM AND RAGE OUT :>


That's too bad
Crixus
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada110 Posts
May 18 2010 06:23 GMT
#5506
On May 18 2010 15:02 Butcherski wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2010 14:34 Crixus wrote:
White-Ra vs Sen?

I couldn't wait to see the match, so i found some vids done by some asian commentators
http://sc2.178.com/201005/68034990352.html


Unfortunately its only 1 game ... Any chance of the english VOD's showing up soon ? Or maybe someone who knows korean can post the links from all the games and in the correct order :D That would be awesome


No sir, it contains all games. Directly below the vid, there is a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 which corresponds to all the vids. It even has hasuobs! http://sc2.178.com/201005/68034433503.html

of course i'm still gonna watch day9's version for his brilliant commentary
"Don't be afraid. You have all the weapons you need. Your fight for survival starts right now."
VolCM
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland1 Post
Last Edited: 2010-05-18 06:32:24
May 18 2010 06:30 GMT
#5507
On May 18 2010 15:17 ZapRoffo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
An improvement suggestion (written as PM but I'm posting here too to see if anyone agrees with me and because I know Day[9]'s inbox is experience an epic backup):

First let me describe the main issue I have with Day[9] Daily content. I noticed after a little while and internalizing most of the most important concepts you emphasize that I really started to have trouble putting a lot of the commentary and information in "game context" as I guess I think of it. I just can't really follow the games you are commenting on. I believe one of the main causes for this effect on me is the frequent pausing, which disrupts a sort of natural sense of the timings of things that I sort of use to contextualize what's going on in a game. It also makes it flow less like a game so the sense of different beginnings leading into other things gets chopped up which I feel like detracts from the point you are trying to make. I'm not saying that the pausing is bad, because it lets you add so much depth and detail to the analysis, just that it's something to think about (like you say with builds, plus I already have my answer ready). The other factor is that I also miss or pay less attention to my personal clues (I think everyone has subtly different ones) that help me contextualize game action when listening to your details which might be on some other aspect of the game. I think you can see the theme I'm getting at here.

So the elegance of what I've come up with to overcome this for myself as a viewer is in the fact that it doesn't require modification to your commentating style at all. As I've been going through the BW dailies, I've started searching for the VOD of the game and watching it right through first so I process the game through my normal "processor" (as a bonus I can just enjoy the game and root for a winner too) and it makes sense as a whole. Then I go watch the daily and get the super awesome analysis, but it's like exponentially more awesome even because it builds on the crude foundation that's already there, instead of being more floaty. It also lets me make clear connections directly between your analysis of the early and middle parts of the game and what I saw happen later.

So this is totally awesome for catching up on the BW goldmine you have, since you can basically find every single VOD on nevake, etc., but for the SC2 games I have no idea if most of them are available anywhere as replays or VODs or where to look for them. Also for live watching this is obviously less than ideal.

So my suggestion for you (if you think any other people feel like I do) is to put a link to the replay or VOD of the original game with the on-demand videos. For live it's a little more tricky, but if you were to put the replay or VOD up some time in advance if possible for the upcoming daily. I personally watch almost everything on-demand so just the first part would make me really happy anyway, but I feel like it's something to think about.

No need for the Bdub pro ones since they are so easy to find, btw.

For Day[9] if you read this and didn't get to it in PM:
Thanks for reading this. Keep up the unbelievable awesomeness.


I agree with you completely, especially about the sens of time the game has lasted and such. That is now mainly because of the new banner that cowers the timetable of the game, why not move it so it cowers the spec thingy instead.
But yeah, getting to have the optional replay file is also exelent.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51544 Posts
May 18 2010 06:42 GMT
#5508
On May 18 2010 15:03 Day[9] wrote:
I'm re-encoding and uploading 118 right now! Again, I had a power outage at the end of the cast so ROFL woops!

Also, Euro vs Asia games will hopefully be up ultra giga soon. For some reason, time warner cable is throttling my bandwidth so my download/upload has gone from 10mps/2mps to like 50kps -_-.

GONNA CALL THEM AND RAGE OUT :>


lol thats less than mine!

120 kps.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
May 18 2010 06:47 GMT
#5509
Ok!

#118 is at 25% uploading! Should be up in 30 minutes. Sorry for the delay, I had to go to a meeting right after my cast. At least with the school year done, my workload is down from 120 hours a week to about 70-80. I really need to win the lottery or something
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
GhOsT.osd
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden16 Posts
May 18 2010 06:53 GMT
#5510
Awsome, both you and your cocaster gretorp has helped me so much. Thanks! =) I still suck though, copper league, but im getting better i belive.
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
May 18 2010 07:07 GMT
#5511
68% c'mon gogogo
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
Lobo2me
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway1213 Posts
May 18 2010 07:11 GMT
#5512
I should be at school reading for my exam on Thursday, but another daily will help me procrastinate. Thank you Day[9]!
Bad manners are better than no manners at all.
firebound12
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada274 Posts
May 18 2010 07:12 GMT
#5513
On May 18 2010 16:07 Day[9] wrote:
68% c'mon gogogo


I wanna see it badly D: as well as many others :D
Wodger
Profile Joined October 2008
Scotland380 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-18 07:43:09
May 18 2010 07:14 GMT
#5514
I have an exam in 80minutes, I can't watch the daily and yet here I am stalking Day[9]. At least I'm a friendly stalker.

5/17 Day[9] Daily #0118 Starcraft 2 TLO's TvZ Style (Blip.tv)
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
May 18 2010 07:28 GMT
#5515
Just a question, but what was the TLO vs an asian that Day brought up in the cast? I didnt see it and now want a chance to check it out.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
torfteufel
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany86 Posts
May 18 2010 07:29 GMT
#5516
i do personally like days style in how he explains games and builds, especially with the pausing and repeating of what acually happened. i would not at all mind a link to the replays though :D
"You're not wrong Walter. You're just an asshole!" El Duderino
frogmelter
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States971 Posts
May 18 2010 07:32 GMT
#5517
On May 17 2010 12:25 Day[9] wrote:
hmmm that's a touch funky, not sure why it's lagging during the dailies. anyone having a seamless stream?


No lag at all for me on SELECT days

Sometimes it works well, other times it is a bit choppy

Today had really really amazing quality though [Hopefully it stays like that]
TL+ Member
fathead
Profile Joined July 2008
United States158 Posts
May 18 2010 07:45 GMT
#5518
On May 18 2010 16:14 Wodger wrote:
I have an exam in 80minutes, I can't watch the daily and yet here I am stalking Day[9]. At least I'm a friendly stalker.

5/17 Day[9] Daily #0118 Starcraft 2 TLO's TvZ Style (Blip.tv)


SWEET!
World's #1 Idra Fan
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
May 18 2010 07:50 GMT
#5519
i love that groovydance gif soooo muuuuuch.

also TLO cast up, fuk yeah!
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Day[9]
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
United States7366 Posts
May 18 2010 07:56 GMT
#5520
and it's UP

god you guys are fast. you posted the links before I could even re-index the video data haha :D
Whenever I encounter some little hitch, or some of my orbs get out of orbit, nothing pleases me so much as to make the crooked straight and crush down uneven places. www.day9.tv
Prev 1 274 275 276 277 278 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 106
SpeCial 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12311
Artosis 235
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift3308
JimRising 473
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox292
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4744
Khaldor1103
Liquid`Hasu737
Other Games
summit1g7197
shahzam505
FrodaN139
ArmadaUGS108
NeuroSwarm72
Mew2King61
JuggernautJason52
ViBE43
PPMD11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 36
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 23
• blackmanpl 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie868
• Scarra358
• Shiphtur203
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 49m
Stellar Fest
14h 49m
OSC
23h 49m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.