• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:27
CEST 01:27
KST 08:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8702 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 272

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 270 271 272 273 274 1118 Next
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
May 17 2010 07:07 GMT
#5421
I'm away from home and able to watch the daily stream without any issue on a 1.4mb dsl line. I'm using firefox 3.6.3 with fasterfox plugin 3.1.2b, ad block plus 1.2 and changed my dns to google open dns servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I power through everything and refresh maybe every once in awhile. My only issue is that my cache gets full after hours of streams so this computer hangs after I close the stream window but that is easily fixed with a memory refresh I have handy.
There's no S in KT. :P
zs3000
Profile Joined March 2010
United States43 Posts
May 17 2010 07:24 GMT
#5422
I think it's unprofessional how he streams. When he does stuff like the Europe vs Asia showmatches, he doesn't lag at all. It's all fine. I can stream streams that look a lot better than his, that take more bandwidth than his done, yet he refuses to fix his Daily's to be watchable for some of us.

When I can watch the streams any other time, and it's fine, when I can watch streams that have a higher bitrate than his, and I can watch it, but then he streams and it's laggy. It can only be Day9.

User was warned for this post
www.justin.tv/zs3000
sdvc
Profile Joined April 2009
United States91 Posts
May 17 2010 07:50 GMT
#5423
On May 17 2010 16:24 zs3000 wrote:
I think it's unprofessional how he streams. When he does stuff like the Europe vs Asia showmatches, he doesn't lag at all. It's all fine. I can stream streams that look a lot better than his, that take more bandwidth than his done, yet he refuses to fix his Daily's to be watchable for some of us.

When I can watch the streams any other time, and it's fine, when I can watch streams that have a higher bitrate than his, and I can watch it, but then he streams and it's laggy. It can only be Day9.


He's tried like 3 different hosts what else do you want. Also unprofessional probably isn't the adjective you're looking for unless you think he should be wearing a power suit and ascot.
DminusTerran
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1337 Posts
May 17 2010 07:53 GMT
#5424
On May 17 2010 16:24 zs3000 wrote:
I think it's unprofessional how he streams. When he does stuff like the Europe vs Asia showmatches, he doesn't lag at all. It's all fine. I can stream streams that look a lot better than his, that take more bandwidth than his done, yet he refuses to fix his Daily's to be watchable for some of us.

When I can watch the streams any other time, and it's fine, when I can watch streams that have a higher bitrate than his, and I can watch it, but then he streams and it's laggy. It can only be Day9.


Cause this is clearly his job right, lolololololol.
Islandsnake
Profile Joined April 2009
United States679 Posts
May 17 2010 07:55 GMT
#5425
On May 17 2010 16:24 zs3000 wrote:
I think it's unprofessional how he streams. When he does stuff like the Europe vs Asia showmatches, he doesn't lag at all. It's all fine. I can stream streams that look a lot better than his, that take more bandwidth than his done, yet he refuses to fix his Daily's to be watchable for some of us.

When I can watch the streams any other time, and it's fine, when I can watch streams that have a higher bitrate than his, and I can watch it, but then he streams and it's laggy. It can only be Day9.


Its not like he streams a tournament in a studio and runs home and streams his dailies from a different setup lol

Your tone is pretty horrible too
Bang!
Kyuki
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden1867 Posts
May 17 2010 07:58 GMT
#5426
On May 17 2010 16:24 zs3000 wrote:
I think it's unprofessional how he streams. When he does stuff like the Europe vs Asia showmatches, he doesn't lag at all. It's all fine. I can stream streams that look a lot better than his, that take more bandwidth than his done, yet he refuses to fix his Daily's to be watchable for some of us.

When I can watch the streams any other time, and it's fine, when I can watch streams that have a higher bitrate than his, and I can watch it, but then he streams and it's laggy. It can only be Day9.

What a fucking idiot...

Looking forward to see 117!

User was temp banned for this post.
Mada Mada Dane
shroomz
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom10 Posts
May 17 2010 08:15 GMT
#5427
On May 17 2010 16:58 Kyuki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2010 16:24 zs3000 wrote:
I think it's unprofessional how he streams. When he does stuff like the Europe vs Asia showmatches, he doesn't lag at all. It's all fine. I can stream streams that look a lot better than his, that take more bandwidth than his done, yet he refuses to fix his Daily's to be watchable for some of us.

When I can watch the streams any other time, and it's fine, when I can watch streams that have a higher bitrate than his, and I can watch it, but then he streams and it's laggy. It can only be Day9.

What a fucking idiot...

Looking forward to see 117!


+1 dude, that is some serious attitude problem

User was warned for this post
Pellucidity
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Netherlands377 Posts
May 17 2010 08:39 GMT
#5428
On May 17 2010 16:24 zs3000 wrote:
I think it's unprofessional how he streams. When he does stuff like the Europe vs Asia showmatches, he doesn't lag at all. It's all fine. I can stream streams that look a lot better than his, that take more bandwidth than his done, yet he refuses to fix his Daily's to be watchable for some of us.

When I can watch the streams any other time, and it's fine, when I can watch streams that have a higher bitrate than his, and I can watch it, but then he streams and it's laggy. It can only be Day9.

I think you may be lost, 4chan is that way >>>>>
"NO MUCH. WHY ARE YOUR SCARABS SO STUPID" - Tasteless
No-Killer-Instinct
Profile Joined May 2010
England197 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-17 09:05:57
May 17 2010 08:58 GMT
#5429
Hi Sean,

Just wanted to post to say thanks for all your dailies so far, I'm now an avid follower.

I understand you had issues with yesterday's EU vs Asia casting, but after you asked us all to leave for 5 minutes it got sorted, albeit with 10 mins of extreme lag as everyone logged back on. Once everyone was back the stream ran very smoothly for me connecting from London. I'm hoping you have replays of the first match between HasuObs and Dayfly - My German is non existent and it would be nice to see those games with your comments.

I have a request:
I finally got my Blizzard email on Saturday (15th) inviting me to the Beta. Only played the first 5 newbie match-ups so far and am 4-1 down LMAO. My macro sucks atm and my request is related to this.

Would it be possible to schedule a Hot Key tutorial cast for new players like me at some point in the near future?
I know that atm Hot Keys cannot be changed, but it would be interesting for me to know how you've assigned the current available keys, and how you change them as the game progresses.
I listened to the original SC1 Basics Podcasts you made some time ago, and as a long time WoW player I do have pretty good hand positioning on the KB Mouse. However, WoW doesn't require the Macro/Micro KB skills that SC2 does and I want to learn good habits before I get stuck into bad ones. Finally, many the the Hot Keys you refer to in your SC1 Podcast seem to have been changed for SC2.

My first SC2 game as Protoss I clicked the Nexus, press P and nothing happened, so I kept pressing P.
Took me 15 secs or so to look at the build window and notice that the Build Probe Key had been changed to E.

Obviously, I understand that your priority is analysis etc., but I'm hoping you might consider this request favourably.

Once again thanks for all the info and opinion you've shared so far.

NKI.

Edited for spelling etc.
WooFreakinHoo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States6 Posts
May 17 2010 09:14 GMT
#5430
Hey Day9, you made a comment in a daily on... I think it was on May 15th... that really caught my attention. That comment went something like this: (very paraphrased) New players watch and micro battles and thinking they need to find a good moment to go macro. They should be macroing and looking for a good moment to go watch and micro battles.

I seem to have an exceptionally hard time making myself do this. I am certainly no pro and I have always had a hard time peeling myself away from attempting to eek out the last bit of value from each of my units. I can't get past the idea that if I'm not constantly babysitting my micro intensive units amidst a battle, something will go horribly wrong and I'll lose a game I would have otherwise won - all because of a split second's poor micro. <Insert PvT anecdote involving templar v ghost, sniped detectors, or wasted banelings> Im afraid these units with so much potential will be lost or sit by idly until its too late.

I believe I have the APM to do this but I don't know what to look for. Can you take a daily (or part of one) to focus on this and point out this not-so-obvious balance? Perhaps with your cam stuck to that players cam and actually see it as it happens, or fails to happen. Cues for when there is a lull in the need for micro... ah see I did it even just thinking about it; assuming I should be microing first... *sigh* I do believe I've made my point.

In any event, thank you for your contribution to the community. It has certainly helped me on my path to being a better starcraft player.
fallore
Profile Joined December 2009
United States143 Posts
May 17 2010 09:37 GMT
#5431
On May 17 2010 18:14 WooFreakinHoo wrote:
Hey Day9, you made a comment in a daily on... I think it was on May 15th... that really caught my attention. That comment went something like this: (very paraphrased) New players watch and micro battles and thinking they need to find a good moment to go macro. They should be macroing and looking for a good moment to go watch and micro battles.

I seem to have an exceptionally hard time making myself do this. I am certainly no pro and I have always had a hard time peeling myself away from attempting to eek out the last bit of value from each of my units. I can't get past the idea that if I'm not constantly babysitting my micro intensive units amidst a battle, something will go horribly wrong and I'll lose a game I would have otherwise won - all because of a split second's poor micro. <Insert PvT anecdote involving templar v ghost, sniped detectors, or wasted banelings> Im afraid these units with so much potential will be lost or sit by idly until its too late.

I believe I have the APM to do this but I don't know what to look for. Can you take a daily (or part of one) to focus on this and point out this not-so-obvious balance? Perhaps with your cam stuck to that players cam and actually see it as it happens, or fails to happen. Cues for when there is a lull in the need for micro... ah see I did it even just thinking about it; assuming I should be microing first... *sigh* I do believe I've made my point.

In any event, thank you for your contribution to the community. It has certainly helped me on my path to being a better starcraft player.

I second this. I just recently saw what it looks like when a pro macros with the use of the player camera thing, and man have I been doing it wrong. I definitely micro my battles too much, although I've been working on it.
fifnir
Profile Joined April 2010
Greece11 Posts
May 17 2010 10:26 GMT
#5432
Hey Day[9],

I really enjoy your casts and I love your deep knowledge of the game but please get the collosus right: It's one colossus, many colossi

Hsanrb
Profile Joined May 2010
United States46 Posts
May 17 2010 10:43 GMT
#5433
On May 17 2010 17:58 No-Killer-Instinct wrote:

My first SC2 game as Protoss I clicked the Nexus, press P and nothing happened, so I kept pressing P.
Took me 15 secs or so to look at the build window and notice that the Build Probe Key had been changed to E.

Obviously, I understand that your priority is analysis etc., but I'm hoping you might consider this request favourably.

Once again thanks for all the info and opinion you've shared so far.

NKI.

Edited for spelling etc.


If your looking for probe to be P, might I suggest using the classic keyboard hotkeys (its in the options somewhere.) It pretty much puts all the keys and stuff in their old brood war layout. You can't change direct hotkeys, but you can change from a few pre-determined hotkey layouts. Its really helpful to me, though some of my friends are using grid and playing in platinum

I love the show Sean, helped me learn to play RTS in general alot better (not just SC, though I've moved to SC from... other genres in which I still play) Actually watching your show gave me encouragement to finish the SC campaign for the very first time (without cheating, it was the best RTS moment I've ever had)... and then I entitled myself to a beta key with a pre-order of SC2. I don't want to play at a high level or anything, keeping the genre fun... but I like to play better than I did yesterday and maybe I'll make it.
omeg
Profile Joined April 2010
Poland19 Posts
May 17 2010 10:48 GMT
#5434
For all the people using 2+ monitors which are annoyed that you can't keep full-screen flash player on one and do something on the other, here is the solution I found:
http://deve.loping.net/projects/ignoflash/

This utility will patch the flash player so it retains fullscreen even if it loses focus. It modifies flash DLLs, so if you're uncomfortable with that, don't use it. It comes with full source code though, so no reason to be paranoid.
Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat.
ioldarnech
Profile Joined April 2010
France36 Posts
May 17 2010 12:30 GMT
#5435
Can't find #117 on ustream.
UbiNax
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark381 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-17 17:23:30
May 17 2010 13:07 GMT
#5436
On May 17 2010 17:15 shroomz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2010 16:58 Kyuki wrote:
On May 17 2010 16:24 zs3000 wrote:
I think it's unprofessional how he streams. When he does stuff like the Europe vs Asia showmatches, he doesn't lag at all. It's all fine. I can stream streams that look a lot better than his, that take more bandwidth than his done, yet he refuses to fix his Daily's to be watchable for some of us.

When I can watch the streams any other time, and it's fine, when I can watch streams that have a higher bitrate than his, and I can watch it, but then he streams and it's laggy. It can only be Day9.

What a fucking idiot...

Looking forward to see 117!


+1 dude, that is some serious attitude problem


He is trying his best to get into Ustream and get it working... and i mean really WHY do you think he moved to ustream in the first place? because we had problems with livestream, give him some time to settle in on Ustream and stop being a jerk zs3000
silveryms
Profile Joined January 2010
United States23 Posts
May 17 2010 14:36 GMT
#5437
For people having trouble watching the VODs (pause for buffering every 10 seconds), just disable AdBlock. That did it for me. The videos used to be unwatchable, and now they play just fine.

By the way, Day9, the UStream looks *so* much better than your old LiveStream. Love your show!
Wodger
Profile Joined October 2008
Scotland380 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-17 16:26:37
May 17 2010 15:56 GMT
#5438
5/16 Day[9] Daily #0117 Starcraft 2 Morrow in CraftCup (Blip.tv)
5/16 Europe vs Asia White-Ra vs Sen
5/16 Europe vs Asia HasuObs vs Dayfly
gobrin
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada96 Posts
May 17 2010 16:24 GMT
#5439
On May 17 2010 16:24 zs3000 wrote:
I think it's unprofessional how he streams. When he does stuff like the Europe vs Asia showmatches, he doesn't lag at all. It's all fine. I can stream streams that look a lot better than his, that take more bandwidth than his done, yet he refuses to fix his Daily's to be watchable for some of us.

When I can watch the streams any other time, and it's fine, when I can watch streams that have a higher bitrate than his, and I can watch it, but then he streams and it's laggy. It can only be Day9.


are you serious? you have a serious entitlement complex. day9 does what he can to fix the streams to be watchable for everybody. do you really think he has a lag button and just pushes it to be "unprofessional"? ROFL, grow up man. day9 is great and does all he can to help the community, clearly these issues are far out of his control.
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
May 17 2010 16:32 GMT
#5440
WOW @ the guy who calls Day 9 unprofessional. I don't believe such a comment even deserves a reply, but I just want to say IT'S NOT TRUE!!! <3
Prev 1 270 271 272 273 274 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE130
CosmosSc2 49
PiGStarcraft4
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 604
Artosis 501
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever608
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5617
Other Games
summit1g7989
shahzam572
JimRising 519
C9.Mang0278
ArmadaUGS84
Trikslyr43
ZombieGrub30
Maynarde0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick642
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 94
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen236
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
33m
PiGStarcraft4
Kung Fu Cup
11h 33m
Stellar Fest
13h 33m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.