• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8377 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 1110

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1118 Next
Markstar
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany10 Posts
June 14 2013 10:43 GMT
#22181
I gotta say, props to Day9. I hadn't watched in quite a while because it seemed there was almost no analysis anymore and only "funny" stories (don't get me wrong, he definitely can be hilarious, it was just a bit much for me), but watching a daily recently I was very pleasantly surprised that there was almost no messing around and just good ol' SC2 talk!

Way to go, Day9!
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
June 14 2013 10:56 GMT
#22182
On June 14 2013 19:43 Markstar wrote:
I gotta say, props to Day9. I hadn't watched in quite a while because it seemed there was almost no analysis anymore and only "funny" stories (don't get me wrong, he definitely can be hilarious, it was just a bit much for me), but watching a daily recently I was very pleasantly surprised that there was almost no messing around and just good ol' SC2 talk!

Way to go, Day9!

I agree with this very much. I stopped watching as regularly quite some time ago because I felt that Day was focusing more on casuals and on being entertaining over being informative. I don't have anything against that, mind, it's just not my thing. I have also found the Dailies I've checked out the last few months to strike a much better balance, and I'm watching more and more of them again.
The frumious Bandersnatch
leova
Profile Joined April 2011
266 Posts
June 14 2013 14:46 GMT
#22183
i would actually prefer less super-in-depth build-order type stuff, and more hilarity, humor, and nonchalantitude
tili
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1332 Posts
June 14 2013 15:36 GMT
#22184
Concerning Day[9] Daily #595 - Stephano's Stupid ZvP Style:

Sean,

You've always uplifted me with your passionately optimistic a fair nature. Seeing the strength and weakness of everything, but concentrating on what is good. This relentless bashing of a 19 year old who's been having more trouble recently on the world stage is borderline cruel, and easy to do from an armchair. Especially so because you are absolutely kind to most every other player and style. Why single him out?

You have whole DAYS dedicated to cheesy BULLSHIT, which you laugh about and praise. Yet, here you castrate a young professional trying his best to win a game. I see that you were trying to create a narrative of how much you dislike the style, but you completely gave up objectivity to, essentially, do the same thing you are accusing Stephano of doing, be a douche.

Go back and listen to your AMAs, to your episode 100. This is not the person you want to be.
FnaticPink
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark324 Posts
June 14 2013 15:51 GMT
#22185
On June 15 2013 00:36 tili wrote:
Concerning Day[9] Daily #595 - Stephano's Stupid ZvP Style:

Sean,

You've always uplifted me with your passionately optimistic a fair nature. Seeing the strength and weakness of everything, but concentrating on what is good. This relentless bashing of a 19 year old who's been having more trouble recently on the world stage is borderline cruel, and easy to do from an armchair. Especially so because you are absolutely kind to most every other player and style. Why single him out?

You have whole DAYS dedicated to cheesy BULLSHIT, which you laugh about and praise. Yet, here you castrate a young professional trying his best to win a game. I see that you were trying to create a narrative of how much you dislike the style, but you completely gave up objectivity to, essentially, do the same thing you are accusing Stephano of doing, be a douche.

Go back and listen to your AMAs, to your episode 100. This is not the person you want to be.


I would guess its probably a joke, but i didnt actually watch the episode. Seems like you are overreacting a bit.
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
June 14 2013 15:52 GMT
#22186
I lol'd at the "poor little 19 years old". I mean, you know Stephano right?
I don't really see how the daily can offend or what either, it's not bashing of the actual player but of the boringness (?) of the build.
I find it a bit funny that you take it that hard, especially given your ideas on "cheesy bullshit", when this style is clearly entertaining to watch and play against xD
Fabozi
Profile Joined March 2011
Slovakia336 Posts
June 14 2013 15:54 GMT
#22187
even stpehano said that his ZvP is stupid and boring but it gets the results so he uses it.
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-14 15:55:50
June 14 2013 15:55 GMT
#22188
I felt like he bashed a bit too hard, too. I guess he just does that once in a while, and that's fine, but I think he found out on the spot and a win is a win. I find the immortal all-in disgusting, or a lot of protoss all-ins for that matter, doesn't mean I gotta blame a player for figuring it out. Guess I take this slightly too hard too =/ I'm sure it's fine and all that, but too much of something fun makes it still un-fun. :'D
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
June 14 2013 16:05 GMT
#22189
On June 15 2013 00:36 tili wrote:
Yet, here you castrate a young professional trying his best to win a game.


I'll assume you don't mean that literally.

I took that daily as a somewhat tongue-in-cheek commentary on the way that pros and viewers have been talking about this particular style since Stephano started using it. Regardless, there's no way he'd do a daily on it if he didn't feel it were effective and interesting. It's certainly not actually bashing Stephano as a player (or, worse, castrating him.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
June 14 2013 16:21 GMT
#22190
On June 15 2013 00:36 tili wrote:
Concerning Day[9] Daily #595 - Stephano's Stupid ZvP Style:

Sean,

You've always uplifted me with your passionately optimistic a fair nature. Seeing the strength and weakness of everything, but concentrating on what is good. This relentless bashing of a 19 year old who's been having more trouble recently on the world stage is borderline cruel, and easy to do from an armchair. Especially so because you are absolutely kind to most every other player and style. Why single him out?

You have whole DAYS dedicated to cheesy BULLSHIT, which you laugh about and praise. Yet, here you castrate a young professional trying his best to win a game. I see that you were trying to create a narrative of how much you dislike the style, but you completely gave up objectivity to, essentially, do the same thing you are accusing Stephano of doing, be a douche.

Go back and listen to your AMAs, to your episode 100. This is not the person you want to be.


What? I can't even...

You know every "slight" against Stephano was a joke, right? I watched that episode right along with you and I in no way felt that he was actually insulting Stephano nor that Stephano would have even given a shit.

He's right when he says the style is boring and stupid. I guarantee you that you could ask Stephano and he would say the same exact thing. It's even worse than infestor broodlord since instead of pushing out with your doom army you literally do not attack all game long. I would be just as crushed if I felt in any way that that is the direction the MU is moving, and unfortunately it may well be.

The fact that Sean did a daily on this style means that he is putting the analysis out there, and he recognizes that it is going to become more mainstream. Why would he do a daily on a particular style if he did not recognize its worth (for good or bad)?

You're going way overboard when you say "This is not the person you want to be..." I mean what the fuck, man? Let me step off my horse for a second.

"Relentless bashing."
"Borderline cruel."
"Absolutely kind."
"Single him out."
"Castrate a young professional."
"This is not the person you want to be."

Excusing the rhetoric, I think you should take a step back and tune your serious-meter. Oil it up a bit. Because the whole episode was in jest and he did a fairly good job of analyzing exactly why the style is stupid. Day9 knows Stephano. He respects Stephano. I'd go so far to say he's a pretty big fan, just as he is all the other players out there.

"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
June 14 2013 16:23 GMT
#22191
On June 15 2013 00:36 tili wrote:
Concerning Day[9] Daily #595 - Stephano's Stupid ZvP Style:

Sean,

You've always uplifted me with your passionately optimistic a fair nature. Seeing the strength and weakness of everything, but concentrating on what is good. This relentless bashing of a 19 year old who's been having more trouble recently on the world stage is borderline cruel, and easy to do from an armchair. Especially so because you are absolutely kind to most every other player and style. Why single him out?

You have whole DAYS dedicated to cheesy BULLSHIT, which you laugh about and praise. Yet, here you castrate a young professional trying his best to win a game. I see that you were trying to create a narrative of how much you dislike the style, but you completely gave up objectivity to, essentially, do the same thing you are accusing Stephano of doing, be a douche.

Go back and listen to your AMAs, to your episode 100. This is not the person you want to be.

Stephano fanboy tears!

Now available outside your local LR thread!

But seriously, I highly doubt Day9 truly insulted Stephano, that 19 year old who's been having trouble on the world stage you're defending has raked in more cash playing sc2 this year then I will make in like 10... Stephano is not some poor under aged child who needs you to rush to his defense/ be offended for. His style of play is ZvP right now is absolutely boring as fuck to watch.. it's effective but it's boring which is all Day9 was pointing out.
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
FakePseudo
Profile Joined January 2012
Belgium716 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-14 16:44:29
June 14 2013 16:40 GMT
#22192
On June 15 2013 00:36 tili wrote:
Concerning Day[9] Daily #595 - Stephano's Stupid ZvP Style:

Sean,

You've always uplifted me with your passionately optimistic a fair nature. Seeing the strength and weakness of everything, but concentrating on what is good. This relentless bashing of a 19 year old who's been having more trouble recently on the world stage is borderline cruel, and easy to do from an armchair. Especially so because you are absolutely kind to most every other player and style. Why single him out?

You have whole DAYS dedicated to cheesy BULLSHIT, which you laugh about and praise. Yet, here you castrate a young professional trying his best to win a game. I see that you were trying to create a narrative of how much you dislike the style, but you completely gave up objectivity to, essentially, do the same thing you are accusing Stephano of doing, be a douche.

Go back and listen to your AMAs, to your episode 100. This is not the person you want to be.


I think the criticism is more pointed at ZvP current metagame/balance // Blizzard than towards the player himself. Or actually that's what it should be imho. But the thing is, the current state of the matchup is so stupid, I don't blame him for having this approach. You could say it's a part of his "positive" attitude to introduce this strategy as an anecdotic way to be a douche on the ladder rather than presenting it as one of the only way Zerg can win a lategame ZvP situation.
I am the 0.0007% /forum/viewpost.php?post_id=17208334|| Big Black Women Vocals Is Like Porn to my Ears ||San Antonio Spurs|Boston Celtics||#1EZToss Hater;
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
June 14 2013 16:46 GMT
#22193
On June 15 2013 00:36 tili wrote:
Concerning Day[9] Daily #595 - Stephano's Stupid ZvP Style:

Sean,

You've always uplifted me with your passionately optimistic a fair nature. Seeing the strength and weakness of everything, but concentrating on what is good. This relentless bashing of a 19 year old who's been having more trouble recently on the world stage is borderline cruel, and easy to do from an armchair. Especially so because you are absolutely kind to most every other player and style. Why single him out?

You have whole DAYS dedicated to cheesy BULLSHIT, which you laugh about and praise. Yet, here you castrate a young professional trying his best to win a game. I see that you were trying to create a narrative of how much you dislike the style, but you completely gave up objectivity to, essentially, do the same thing you are accusing Stephano of doing, be a douche.

Go back and listen to your AMAs, to your episode 100. This is not the person you want to be.


You know you can be sarcastic for more then one sentence right? Thats the joke in of itself.

MstrJinbo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1251 Posts
June 14 2013 16:54 GMT
#22194
On June 15 2013 01:40 FakePseudo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2013 00:36 tili wrote:
Concerning Day[9] Daily #595 - Stephano's Stupid ZvP Style:

Sean,

You've always uplifted me with your passionately optimistic a fair nature. Seeing the strength and weakness of everything, but concentrating on what is good. This relentless bashing of a 19 year old who's been having more trouble recently on the world stage is borderline cruel, and easy to do from an armchair. Especially so because you are absolutely kind to most every other player and style. Why single him out?

You have whole DAYS dedicated to cheesy BULLSHIT, which you laugh about and praise. Yet, here you castrate a young professional trying his best to win a game. I see that you were trying to create a narrative of how much you dislike the style, but you completely gave up objectivity to, essentially, do the same thing you are accusing Stephano of doing, be a douche.

Go back and listen to your AMAs, to your episode 100. This is not the person you want to be.


I think the criticism is more pointed at ZvP current metagame/balance // Blizzard than towards the player himself. Or actually that's what it should be imho. But the thing is, the current state of the matchup is so stupid, I don't blame him for having this approach. You could say it's a part of his "positive" attitude to introduce this strategy as an anecdotic way to be a douche on the ladder rather than presenting it as one of the only way Zerg can win a lategame ZvP situation.


Hmm I guess I missed the daily. But from the sound of it, I presume he did the daily on the swarmhosts mass spore zvp.
jpditri
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States86 Posts
June 14 2013 17:04 GMT
#22195
Pretty sure Stephano apologized to the fans for using the style at WCS EU. Said it was boring, didn't like playing like that, but he felt it was best.
tili
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1332 Posts
June 14 2013 17:21 GMT
#22196
On June 15 2013 01:21 Qwyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2013 00:36 tili wrote:
Concerning Day[9] Daily #595 - Stephano's Stupid ZvP Style:

Sean,

You've always uplifted me with your passionately optimistic a fair nature. Seeing the strength and weakness of everything, but concentrating on what is good. This relentless bashing of a 19 year old who's been having more trouble recently on the world stage is borderline cruel, and easy to do from an armchair. Especially so because you are absolutely kind to most every other player and style. Why single him out?

You have whole DAYS dedicated to cheesy BULLSHIT, which you laugh about and praise. Yet, here you castrate a young professional trying his best to win a game. I see that you were trying to create a narrative of how much you dislike the style, but you completely gave up objectivity to, essentially, do the same thing you are accusing Stephano of doing, be a douche.

Go back and listen to your AMAs, to your episode 100. This is not the person you want to be.


What? I can't even...

You know every "slight" against Stephano was a joke, right? I watched that episode right along with you and I in no way felt that he was actually insulting Stephano nor that Stephano would have even given a shit.

He's right when he says the style is boring and stupid. I guarantee you that you could ask Stephano and he would say the same exact thing. It's even worse than infestor broodlord since instead of pushing out with your doom army you literally do not attack all game long. I would be just as crushed if I felt in any way that that is the direction the MU is moving, and unfortunately it may well be.

The fact that Sean did a daily on this style means that he is putting the analysis out there, and he recognizes that it is going to become more mainstream. Why would he do a daily on a particular style if he did not recognize its worth (for good or bad)?

You're going way overboard when you say "This is not the person you want to be..." I mean what the fuck, man? Let me step off my horse for a second.

"Relentless bashing."
"Borderline cruel."
"Absolutely kind."
"Single him out."
"Castrate a young professional."
"This is not the person you want to be."

Excusing the rhetoric, I think you should take a step back and tune your serious-meter. Oil it up a bit. Because the whole episode was in jest and he did a fairly good job of analyzing exactly why the style is stupid. Day9 knows Stephano. He respects Stephano. I'd go so far to say he's a pretty big fan, just as he is all the other players out there.



That may be true. Given literally anyone else in the scene, I would have brushed it off, but it did seem much more pointed, at least to me, since day[9] has never done the same thing on any other strategy.

It was incredibly jarring, and yes, my rhetoric was too strong, but I'm still sad he did an entire daily to bash one style/player.
TyrianSC2
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada52 Posts
June 14 2013 17:23 GMT
#22197
I noticed that Sean was a little coarse during the cast, but personally I was able to sit back, watch the Daily and enjoy it as though it were a satire, laughing all the while. I typically watch for his light-hearted humor and attitude along with his in-depth analysis, but I found it really easy to brush this off as the following: Everyone has an off day. I'm not losing sleep, and I'm looking forward to Funday Monday. >>;;
Decendos
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1341 Posts
June 14 2013 17:36 GMT
#22198
omg this was the best episode ever by far. if i want to watch something really hilarious about sc2 i will rewatch this again. so much semi-sarcastic bashing and so many hilarious quotes. keep it up sean. AWESOME! :D
leova
Profile Joined April 2011
266 Posts
June 14 2013 20:28 GMT
#22199
i stopped watching halfway through part 2, for 2 reasons

1) even though I knew it was a joke, it really wasn't all that funny
and 2) the games actually were, as Day9 kept stating, boring and stupid
FCReverie
Profile Joined April 2013
Australia103 Posts
June 14 2013 21:08 GMT
#22200
Give Zerg aggressive options vs Protoss, like we have against Terran pls. Then we stop this bs! It really isn't Stephanos fault and I don't think day9 thinks it is. He isn't dumb, he knows players have to play what they think will win.
Prev 1 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft515
Nina 170
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13750
Hyuk 51
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift4849
Other Games
summit1g8998
FrodaN3280
JimRising 625
KnowMe196
ViBE114
ArmadaUGS98
Mew2King80
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• davetesta8
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 32m
INu's Battles
11h 32m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 32m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 32m
Replay Cast
22h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.