• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9330 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 1094

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1118 Next
Grimmyman123
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada939 Posts
June 11 2012 05:12 GMT
#21861
On May 27 2012 05:33 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Is there any news on Day9 having a day9 daily for higher level players? I can only watch him cast games now, because all of his dailies are tailored towards lower league players (no offense guys) which really doesn't do anything for me... or the minority of players in my situation. Anywho hopefully he is.


Watch more closely. His presentation is geared for all, but he often attacks topics and methods that pro levelp players are using, and if you read deeply, its often pretty meta game changing. I think there is something for everyone. There's a reason that pro's watch his show.
Win. That's all that matters. Win. Nobody likes to lose.
ulan-bat
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
China403 Posts
June 19 2012 02:43 GMT
#21862
Uniden is live (rebroadcast)
"Short games, shorts, summer weather, those things bring the heat!" - EG.iNcontroL
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
June 24 2012 01:19 GMT
#21863
Is there a Funday Monday topic announced? I have no idea where this information can be found, so I apologise if this is an ignorant question.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
CerpinTaxt
Profile Joined January 2011
United States208 Posts
June 24 2012 05:02 GMT
#21864
miss you buddy
#1 Insur Fan!
leova
Profile Joined April 2011
266 Posts
June 24 2012 05:22 GMT
#21865
On June 24 2012 10:19 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
Is there a Funday Monday topic announced? I have no idea where this information can be found, so I apologise if this is an ignorant question.

Month long for all of June:

As Zerg, use Neutral Parasite on your enemy's worker, use that to build the OTHER RACE, and then kill the enemy with THAT RACE

fun stuff
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
June 24 2012 16:28 GMT
#21866
On June 24 2012 14:22 leova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 10:19 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
Is there a Funday Monday topic announced? I have no idea where this information can be found, so I apologise if this is an ignorant question.

Month long for all of June:

As Zerg, use Neutral Parasite on your enemy's worker, use that to build the OTHER RACE, and then kill the enemy with THAT RACE

fun stuff


Damn, that's gonna be a tough one! Usually I never watch Funday Mondays but this one seems interesting.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 24 2012 16:43 GMT
#21867
On June 24 2012 14:22 leova wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2012 10:19 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
Is there a Funday Monday topic announced? I have no idea where this information can be found, so I apologise if this is an ignorant question.

Month long for all of June:

As Zerg, use Neutral Parasite on your enemy's worker, use that to build the OTHER RACE, and then kill the enemy with THAT RACE

fun stuff

Cool, now my 52 minute ZTvT will be useful...
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
kax
Profile Joined July 2011
39 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-24 19:10:44
June 24 2012 19:09 GMT
#21868
On June 11 2012 14:12 Grimmyman123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2012 05:33 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Is there any news on Day9 having a day9 daily for higher level players? I can only watch him cast games now, because all of his dailies are tailored towards lower league players (no offense guys) which really doesn't do anything for me... or the minority of players in my situation. Anywho hopefully he is.


Watch more closely. His presentation is geared for all, but he often attacks topics and methods that pro levelp players are using, and if you read deeply, its often pretty meta game changing. I think there is something for everyone. There's a reason that pro's watch his show.


pros dont watch his show.. mostly bronze - diamonds.

If pros watch it im sure its for the entertainment, not for strategies.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-26 02:40:29
June 26 2012 02:38 GMT
#21869
Hey was there a game in his show this evening with a protoss named "Mr. Frenchy". He's my buddy and he got positively ravaged by mass contaminate last week.

edit just saw "rebroadcast"
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
KillingVector
Profile Joined June 2012
United States96 Posts
June 29 2012 19:06 GMT
#21870
I just emailed feedback@day9.tv with an idea for Funday Monday and I was just curious if anyone likes it. I call it "Art Craft". The objective is to draw a picture somewhere on the map using some of your units and queued patrol points. To prevent turtling, maybe you can only draw while attacking or something like that.
"In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them." - John Von Neumann
ysnake
Profile Joined June 2012
Bosnia-Herzegovina261 Posts
June 29 2012 20:38 GMT
#21871
On June 30 2012 04:06 KillingVector wrote:
I just emailed feedback@day9.tv with an idea for Funday Monday and I was just curious if anyone likes it. I call it "Art Craft". The objective is to draw a picture somewhere on the map using some of your units and queued patrol points. To prevent turtling, maybe you can only draw while attacking or something like that.


I believe everyone will just "draw" a penis.
You are no longer automatically breathing and blinking.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
June 29 2012 20:47 GMT
#21872
On June 25 2012 04:09 kax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2012 14:12 Grimmyman123 wrote:
On May 27 2012 05:33 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Is there any news on Day9 having a day9 daily for higher level players? I can only watch him cast games now, because all of his dailies are tailored towards lower league players (no offense guys) which really doesn't do anything for me... or the minority of players in my situation. Anywho hopefully he is.


Watch more closely. His presentation is geared for all, but he often attacks topics and methods that pro levelp players are using, and if you read deeply, its often pretty meta game changing. I think there is something for everyone. There's a reason that pro's watch his show.


pros dont watch his show.. mostly bronze - diamonds.

If pros watch it im sure its for the entertainment, not for strategies.


Yeah I don't know where the "pros watch the daily" came from, but I agree with the fact that as a masters player there isn't too much there anymore. It helped me get here though so I'm grateful. But watching dailies now is usually a test of patience.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Jazzman88
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada2228 Posts
June 29 2012 22:57 GMT
#21873
On June 30 2012 05:47 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2012 04:09 kax wrote:
On June 11 2012 14:12 Grimmyman123 wrote:
On May 27 2012 05:33 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Is there any news on Day9 having a day9 daily for higher level players? I can only watch him cast games now, because all of his dailies are tailored towards lower league players (no offense guys) which really doesn't do anything for me... or the minority of players in my situation. Anywho hopefully he is.


Watch more closely. His presentation is geared for all, but he often attacks topics and methods that pro levelp players are using, and if you read deeply, its often pretty meta game changing. I think there is something for everyone. There's a reason that pro's watch his show.


pros dont watch his show.. mostly bronze - diamonds.

If pros watch it im sure its for the entertainment, not for strategies.


Yeah I don't know where the "pros watch the daily" came from, but I agree with the fact that as a masters player there isn't too much there anymore. It helped me get here though so I'm grateful. But watching dailies now is usually a test of patience.


Really? I find it hard to believe that you can't learn anything from them. Even Masters-league players aren't professional-caliber (for the most part), so I have a difficult time imagining that every possible nuance is understood at a glance through the game by even that level of player. What are you looking for when you see a commentary video like that? The only place I can think of where you'd get higher levels of analysis would be Artosis or pros analyzing their own games (and you have to be careful of personal bias in those situations, sometimes).
Bommes
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 23:26:02
June 29 2012 23:19 GMT
#21874
On June 30 2012 07:57 Jazzman88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2012 05:47 Clarity_nl wrote:
On June 25 2012 04:09 kax wrote:
On June 11 2012 14:12 Grimmyman123 wrote:
On May 27 2012 05:33 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Is there any news on Day9 having a day9 daily for higher level players? I can only watch him cast games now, because all of his dailies are tailored towards lower league players (no offense guys) which really doesn't do anything for me... or the minority of players in my situation. Anywho hopefully he is.


Watch more closely. His presentation is geared for all, but he often attacks topics and methods that pro levelp players are using, and if you read deeply, its often pretty meta game changing. I think there is something for everyone. There's a reason that pro's watch his show.


pros dont watch his show.. mostly bronze - diamonds.

If pros watch it im sure its for the entertainment, not for strategies.


Yeah I don't know where the "pros watch the daily" came from, but I agree with the fact that as a masters player there isn't too much there anymore. It helped me get here though so I'm grateful. But watching dailies now is usually a test of patience.


Really? I find it hard to believe that you can't learn anything from them. Even Masters-league players aren't professional-caliber (for the most part), so I have a difficult time imagining that every possible nuance is understood at a glance through the game by even that level of player. What are you looking for when you see a commentary video like that? The only place I can think of where you'd get higher levels of analysis would be Artosis or pros analyzing their own games (and you have to be careful of personal bias in those situations, sometimes).


While I don't think a lot of pros watch the D9D regularly, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Grandmaster players tuning in for every episode (or watching the VODs), and I'm also very sure the percentage of Master players watching is higher than the percentage of Master players you will find on ladder.

If you say that you can't get out anything from analysis like Day9 does it I think you are just lieing or overrating yourself immensely. Of course at a certain point there are much more effective ways to get better faster if you analyse games which are interesting for you personally, especially as you can skip a lot of things that are just useless information. So watching a D9D in 60 minutes will probably be worth like 5-10 minutes at best of your own "analyzation time", but a nice advantage is that you can do other stuff while watching it (preparing/eating food, relaxing, doing laundry etc.) and there is a slight chance that you even get to see something that you wouldn't have searched for yourself. And of course its often enough really good entertainment.

That said you can guarantee that at least half of the dailies are only useful for pure entertainment and don't really help your skill level that much, because they are funday mondays or simply cover replays that you already know or matchups that you don't play.

By the way I personally think Artosis analysis isn't more high level than what Day9 is doing, but Day9 often tends to be way more theoretical about stuff (which can be kind of useless often times (because its not practical) and give cool ideas at other times), while Artosis covers a lot more practical ideas which he has seen in use for progamers and are mostly part of the current metagame (and often part of a metagame that is not seen in tournaments as much and is more part of the ladder metagame stuff that isn't quite refined enough to be used by good players in tournaments, but apparent enough on ladder that you get to see it regularly). Artosis thing reminded me of the early SC:BW D9D when Day9 had a similar format. But with SC2 he actually prepares his dailies and thinks about the stuff hes going to say hours before the daily even starts, so he automatically floated into the more theoretical corner because he has more time to think about the specific stuff that is happening I think. That said Artosis didn't really do new videos for a long time as far as I know and he didn't do that many in the first place, which is kind of sad.
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
June 29 2012 23:26 GMT
#21875
I honestly don't understand people's rejection of theory-crafting at every level. How do they think new builds are drawn-up? What day9 does for sc2 is far and away better than 99% of anyone else.
SC2 Mapmaker
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-29 23:35:49
June 29 2012 23:34 GMT
#21876
I love day9, but the other guys are right. Chances are, if you're masters/GM, you can analyze games at the same level that he can. There are some savants that are just that good without understanding what's going on, or aren't otherwise capable of explaining what is going on (IE: Stephano), but most players at that bracket can't really draw much out of the analysis. Which is fine!

And though higher level players may not watch the show for the analysis, I bet there's plenty that watch it for the entertainment he's fun to listen to!
ShatterZer0
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1843 Posts
June 30 2012 00:37 GMT
#21877
I miss Day[9].... I mean, I know he needs the vacation... but the separation anxiety feels like ingesting a square yard of sandpaper.

Day[9] better be having SO MUCH FUN right now.
A time to live.
[wKy]Sound
Profile Joined June 2012
Belgium4 Posts
June 30 2012 02:21 GMT
#21878
I miss you too Day9 ! Come back asap <3
"Everytime you want to say sorry, say thank you" Sean Day9 Plott
FogofWar
Profile Joined August 2010
United States16 Posts
June 30 2012 06:21 GMT
#21879
Dear Sean,

I know you're taking a well-deserved break, but...

I miss you. Come back soon.
blagoonga123
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2068 Posts
June 30 2012 06:24 GMT
#21880
We miss you Sean! <3
FOOL! Pain is my friend! Now let me introduce you to it!
Prev 1 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 98
Nina 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 569
910 35
MaD[AoV]27
Bale 15
League of Legends
JimRising 666
Counter-Strike
Fnx 666
minikerr6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox563
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3809
Other Games
summit1g8552
shahzam426
C9.Mang0300
Day[9].tv178
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick323
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie882
• Shiphtur725
• Day9tv178
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
49m
Patches Events
16h 49m
The PondCast
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.