• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:16
CEST 22:16
KST 05:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6385 users

2015 UFC/MMA Discussion Thread - Page 29

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 85 Next
GrapeApe
Profile Joined March 2011
1053 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-15 05:25:12
March 15 2015 05:09 GMT
#561
Pretty much what I expected...I thought The Eagle would have done similar to pettis.
edit: I shouldn't say expected. I felt like it would be closer, but dos anjos would grind it out.
GOIMBA.com <--- eSports betting :)
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-15 05:39:37
March 15 2015 05:39 GMT
#562
On March 15 2015 14:09 GrapeApe wrote:
Pretty much what I expected...I thought The Eagle would have done similar to pettis.
edit: I shouldn't say expected. I felt like it would be closer, but dos anjos would grind it out.


its more fun if u post ur expectations/predictions before teh fight... not after.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 15 2015 06:01 GMT
#563
ya, the consensus seemed almost like barao dillashaw
Khabib did say RDA was going to win though
© Current year.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
March 15 2015 13:14 GMT
#564
checked out the early prelims

its no accident that Irish Joe Duffy defeated Mcgregor.
he looks scarey good and he is moving down to 145.

later on in the prelims...
Rogan spent 10+ minutes yapping about how great Pettis's little brother Sergio is.

and then Sergio Pettis got knocked out while Rogan was in the middle of another sentence talking about how great Sergio Pettis is.
it was pretty funny.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
March 15 2015 15:31 GMT
#565
--- Nuked ---
GrapeApe
Profile Joined March 2011
1053 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-15 15:49:18
March 15 2015 15:36 GMT
#566
On March 15 2015 14:39 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 14:09 GrapeApe wrote:
Pretty much what I expected...I thought The Eagle would have done similar to pettis.
edit: I shouldn't say expected. I felt like it would be closer, but dos anjos would grind it out.


its more fun if u post ur expectations/predictions before teh fight... not after.


Yeah, but I'm a Pettis hater and that is probably how it would have come across and I try hard to not be like that I'm not real interested in LW right now because I think everyone is just holding the title for Khabib :/

I'm sad I missed Sergio getting KO'd...

(I'm from Michigan. I'm a Lions fan living in Packer country. I hate all things Wisconsin)
GOIMBA.com <--- eSports betting :)
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 15 2015 21:44 GMT
#567
On March 16 2015 00:36 GrapeApe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 14:39 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On March 15 2015 14:09 GrapeApe wrote:
Pretty much what I expected...I thought The Eagle would have done similar to pettis.
edit: I shouldn't say expected. I felt like it would be closer, but dos anjos would grind it out.


its more fun if u post ur expectations/predictions before teh fight... not after.


Yeah, but I'm a Pettis hater and that is probably how it would have come across and I try hard to not be like that I'm not real interested in LW right now because I think everyone is just holding the title for Khabib :/

I'm sad I missed Sergio getting KO'd...

(I'm from Michigan. I'm a Lions fan living in Packer country. I hate all things Wisconsin)

this should make you happy then
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
© Current year.
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
March 15 2015 22:20 GMT
#568
On March 15 2015 13:24 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
its rare to see a fighter look as defeated before the fight as Esparza did.


She always does the blank stare thing before fighting. Is normal.

On March 15 2015 14:39 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 14:09 GrapeApe wrote:
Pretty much what I expected...I thought The Eagle would have done similar to pettis.
edit: I shouldn't say expected. I felt like it would be closer, but dos anjos would grind it out.


its more fun if u post ur expectations/predictions before teh fight... not after.


Yeah, but only if people go "Psh, I knew that was gonna happen." but I can say that if I had posted predictions before this card, I would have done so poorly. I expected:

Pettis > Dos Anjos (Decision)
+ Show Spoiler [reason] +
Anthony Pettis did not look good in the fight with Gilbert Melendez. He looked slow and took a lot of punches from Melendez. I was kind of torn though. I wanted a Wisconsin fighter to win, but I knew Dos Anjos would be all up in his grill the whole time. My hope was that Pettis would be able to grind out a win, but I felt very iffy about it.

Esparza > Jędrzejczyk (Decision)
+ Show Spoiler [reason] +
I totally got this wrong. All the top-ranked fighters from Invicta - Tecia Torres, Rose Namajumas, Jessica Penne - she fought all of them and dominated every fight. I could tell she was scared to fight Torres, but did it anyway, and won despite being battered in the fight. The way she has been able to smother every opponent gave me the impression that Esparza would take the fight to the ground and pound on Jedrzejczyk for five rounds.

Once Esparza got the takedown in the first round right away, I was pretty convinced that I was right, but after that, Jedrzejczyk ran away with the fight, and I've never seen Carla Esparza get completely and utterly shut out like that. I don't know if Esparza was in the right mind-frame or if her cardio was suffering, but she didn't seem like herself during the fight. I would question how well she prepared for this fight, but that's a question only she and her coaches know the answer to.

Hendricks > Brown (TKO/KO)
+ Show Spoiler [reason] +
I really thought Johny Hendricks would use his much-improved boxing to land a big punch and knock out Matt Brown. But nah. Didn't happen that way.

Overeem > Nelson (Decision)
+ Show Spoiler [reason] +
A few fighters walked into that Nelson right hand and paid for it in the past. But then Stipe Miocic gave every other fighter a blueprint on how to defeat Roy Nelson by taking advantage of his general lack of mobility. Nelson can move fast, but only in very short bursts, and when he does, it's usually straight forward, so anyone stepping laterally to their right would be able to easily avoid getting punched by Nelson's power hand.

Overeem is a weird kind of hit-and-miss fighter. Sometimes he does well, other times, not so much. I did not believe he would simply walk right into a right hook from Nelson though. On the other hand, Nelson has taken a beating to the face from other heavyweights and has been notoriously difficult to knock out. Overeem is the type of fighter who seems to gas after every first round, so I didn't expect him to have the energy to put Nelson away, but could skate his way to a decision, and I WAS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

Cariaso > Cejudo (Decision or TKO)
+ Show Spoiler [reason] +
I just didn't know much about Cejudo. I wasn't really interested in the fight until I saw it take place, and then I realized how good Cejudo was. I kind of just picked Cariaso out of pure favoritism.


So only 2 out of 5.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-15 23:53:57
March 15 2015 23:33 GMT
#569
On March 16 2015 07:20 ninazerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2015 13:24 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
its rare to see a fighter look as defeated before the fight as Esparza did.


She always does the blank stare thing before fighting. Is normal.

true,
she had that look in the Rose Namajunas fight as well.

However, Ariel asked her on 2 occasions about her "troubled demeanor" before the fight and if something was wrong.
that's Ariel's phrase.. not mine.

Here is the UFC 185 Post Fight Press Conference.

CHECK 2:30 Dos Anjos fought with a blown MCL. WoW.
there were some clues.. he did no leg kicks of any kind at the public workouts.



Gate : $2.15 Million USD ; Attendace: 17,160

The Canadian Dollar is falling like a rock. Therefore, I suspect the UFC's only PPV this year in Canada will be next month in Montreal.



Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
March 16 2015 01:34 GMT
#570
Kinda late to the party... but imagine getting kicked in the balls with enough force to lift a 254 pound man off his feet.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
March 16 2015 02:32 GMT
#571
Cat Fight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/15/8218427/ufc-legend-randy-couture-train-laila-ali-vs-ronda-rousey-interview-mma-news

what does Laila Ali weigh? 190 lbs?
she fought at 160.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 16 2015 02:46 GMT
#572
who cares, she says she can beat cain but won't fight cyborg at 140
© Current year.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-16 12:14:44
March 16 2015 11:42 GMT
#573
On March 16 2015 11:46 CorsairHero wrote:
who cares, she says she can beat cain but won't fight cyborg at 140


good point.

however there is hope, the UFC is starting to put the squeeze on Rousey.
During 185 Rogan starting yapping about a women's 145 lb division
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
March 20 2015 22:24 GMT
#574
She's got legs, and she knows how to use them...

[image loading]
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
March 21 2015 00:25 GMT
#575
On March 21 2015 07:24 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
She's got legs, and she knows how to use them...

[image loading]



Those legs are ridiculous. The women need to tell the guys to stop skipping leg day. Her legs are more built than a lot of welterweight+ men lol.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-21 04:03:48
March 21 2015 03:50 GMT
#576
Normally, the heavier weight class title match gets higher billing on a card.

The UFC breaks from this tradition in 189.
The Featherweight title match is the main event and the Welterweight title match is the co-main.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC189

Mcgregor's comments about hypothetically in a past era riding into Aldo's town and killing everyone are way over the line.

What happened to Rory Macdonald's comments that Montreal was his home city?
Vancouver is added to the World Tour.

http://www.ufc.com/news/New-Canadian-Dates-Added-for-UFC-189-World-Tour
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
CorsairHero
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada9491 Posts
March 21 2015 06:09 GMT
#577
Vancouver one is media only. BOO

Conor throws some darts


Also brazillian fans are so fucking bad lmao (19:10)
© Current year.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
March 21 2015 06:23 GMT
#578
On March 21 2015 15:09 CorsairHero wrote:
Vancouver one is media only. BOO

Conor throws some darts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjfx40W0ILw

Also brazillian fans are so fucking bad lmao (19:10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9w5C0IEzDw


roflmao even the translators were getting into it and having a hard time not laughing.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
GrapeApe
Profile Joined March 2011
1053 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-21 17:19:42
March 21 2015 17:18 GMT
#579
This fight is so hyped, man. Like, 50% chance it delivers, imo, but fuck my heart will be pumping so hard when these guys step into the cage. Their styles do create a pretty sweet match up.

I think at this point it's pretty clear that Dana White met McGregor and said to himself, "here is my FW Chael Sonnen, only he'll take it a little further. Either he will beat Jose Aldo and become champion and bankable, or he will hype the fight so much that it takes Jose Aldo to a new level even if McGregor gets smashed in 2 minutes. I have to get him a title shot." (and plus not really a point in having him potentially lose vs a wrestler who already lost to Aldo). McGregor can talk all he wants about how Jose Aldo has never faced a guy like him, but in all truth he needs to be more worried about the fact that he's never face a guy like Jose Aldo.

I hope McGregor unleashes SSJ Aldo. The guy is a badass and as much as I am digging this hype train, I want to see Aldo flying knee it off the fucking tracks.
GOIMBA.com <--- eSports betting :)
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17877 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-22 03:35:07
March 22 2015 03:23 GMT
#580
more great referreeing

imagine if ... after doing a 10 city.. 5 country promo tour that Mcgregor is submitted this way



Hopefully, The Queen of Spades is shuffled right out of the UFC Deck...
she fights about as well as i write.


Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 85 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 769
JuggernautJason79
Nathanias 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
White-Ra 177
firebathero 84
910 44
Killer 25
Trap 22
Counter-Strike
Fnx 774
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0189
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9709
crisheroes1928
Liquid`Hasu1801
Trikslyr75
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5085
summit1g4779
Beastyqt932
shahzam456
B2W.Neo277
IndyStarCraft 169
KnowMe132
ArmadaUGS119
ZombieGrub109
Pyrionflax100
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream331
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV311
League of Legends
• TFBlade1108
Other Games
• imaqtpie738
• Shiphtur305
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 44m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.