• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:36
CEST 02:36
KST 09:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8778 users

TteSPORTS White-Ra Contest - Page 16

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 22 Next All
Cops
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom172 Posts
September 20 2011 19:55 GMT
#301
Does it need the dragon logo? I'll rework it and put the dragon on the sleeve I think.
Maniac Cop
dangerjoe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark1866 Posts
September 20 2011 19:58 GMT
#302
On September 21 2011 04:55 Cops wrote:
Does it need the dragon logo? I'll rework it and put the dragon on the sleeve I think.



- Image must feature Tt eSPORTS Logo as well as Tt eSPORTS Dragon (Provided in the media pack link found HERE).


Says so atleast.. Im sure it will be great on the sleeve
Ask Beavis, I get nothing Butt-head
Hallon
Profile Joined March 2011
64 Posts
September 20 2011 20:29 GMT
#303
On September 17 2011 10:34 Achaia wrote:
Heyo guys! Here's my design, the full resolution version that should be ready for print are linked below the rendered version. The forums didn't like how large they were and it looked horrid in the thread so I just linked those. I'm open to any feedback positive or negative. Hope you like it!

Shirt Render
[image loading]

Front Full Size
http://i.imgur.com/35K1f.jpg


Back Full Size
http://i.imgur.com/ed7Gt.jpg


This.
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
September 20 2011 22:02 GMT
#304
Photoshop a great talent toi have G_G
i did my best...

[image loading]
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
flagg
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden123 Posts
September 20 2011 22:31 GMT
#305
I don't know if I missed it but someone should really make one with the text they put up on the stream at DH inv Stockholm, think it was: "Whitera, he cares" or something like it.
SavageDelita
Profile Joined May 2011
Colombia1 Post
September 21 2011 03:18 GMT
#306
Hi this is my desing for WhiteRA, GG all
[image loading]
Creer es no saber
Loonaii
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada12 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 03:19:18
September 21 2011 03:18 GMT
#307
Alot of tough competition!! looking @ u COPS! great design

[image loading]

Direct Link

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/whiteracontest.jpg/
Thats Whats Up
xjhillx
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1 Post
September 21 2011 06:27 GMT
#308

Here are my designs for the T-Shirt contest. WHITE RA!!!!

All designs can be inverted to black for white shirts or visa-versa! Feedback is welcomed, enjoy.

1.)
[image loading]

2.)
[image loading]

3.)
[image loading]

SpoR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1542 Posts
September 21 2011 08:12 GMT
#309
last time there was a majority vote poll some 4chan people made some shit design and we had to pull the poll. the only time TL didnt win the internet
A man is what he thinks about all day long.
RoachCoach
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands58 Posts
September 21 2011 10:20 GMT
#310
White-ra loves special tactics.

This is all vector.

Hope you like it

- RoachCoach

[image loading]
It is time! - Yes! - Nestea walks over. Lightballs pop. Women faint, Men faint, things fall from the ceiling. - Stars explode. - Thats right. Black holes are made. - THIS STUPID GODDAMN NERDS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7KD6L23MUQ
Etienne
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany27 Posts
September 21 2011 11:37 GMT
#311
On September 21 2011 19:20 RoachCoach wrote:
White-ra loves special tactics.

This is all vector.

Hope you like it

- RoachCoach

[image loading]


Sorry but...
.
.
.
.
FUCKING AMAZING.. I LOVE THIS!
Currently working for .. nothing :(
Achaia
Profile Joined July 2010
United States643 Posts
September 21 2011 12:51 GMT
#312
On September 21 2011 19:20 RoachCoach wrote:
White-ra loves special tactics.

This is all vector.

Hope you like it

- RoachCoach

[image loading]


Isn't this a version of Blizzard's artwork from their valentine's day wallpapers last year? http://eu.starcraft2.com/images/wallpapers/wall6/wall6-1920x1200.jpg

There are a lot of people that are using Blizzard artwork (or at least their own versions of it) and I thought that copyright material was not allowed in this competition? I mean even if they draw their own versions of a Blizzard based character I'm pretty sure that it's still considered Blizzard's Intellectual Property.

I seem to remember either Tastless or Artosis talking a while back about how they had to get permission from Blizzard to create t-shirts with anything that had fan-made art on them of Blizzard units or characters for their site thehandsomenerd.com. I would love to hear a direct answer on this from the mods of this contest because I would like to design another entry if we are allowed to use our own version of Blizzard art and units/characters. Can any of White Ra's people answer?
http://www.youtube.com/SCBattleGrounds
RoachCoach
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands58 Posts
September 21 2011 13:17 GMT
#313
On September 21 2011 21:51 Achaia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 19:20 RoachCoach wrote:
White-ra loves special tactics.

This is all vector.

Hope you like it

- RoachCoach

[image loading]


Isn't this a version of Blizzard's artwork from their valentine's day wallpapers last year? http://eu.starcraft2.com/images/wallpapers/wall6/wall6-1920x1200.jpg

There are a lot of people that are using Blizzard artwork (or at least their own versions of it) and I thought that copyright material was not allowed in this competition? I mean even if they draw their own versions of a Blizzard based character I'm pretty sure that it's still considered Blizzard's Intellectual Property.

I seem to remember either Tastless or Artosis talking a while back about how they had to get permission from Blizzard to create t-shirts with anything that had fan-made art on them of Blizzard units or characters for their site thehandsomenerd.com. I would love to hear a direct answer on this from the mods of this contest because I would like to design another entry if we are allowed to use our own version of Blizzard art and units/characters. Can any of White Ra's people answer?


Creativity is based on inspiration. Yes I used the artwork of valentinesday as inspiration for my design just as the rest (at least most of them) of the submissions used 'intellectual property' (even if it's actually intellectual propert).You would be very restricted in your design for a player that plays sc2 if you can't use sc2 based art.
It is time! - Yes! - Nestea walks over. Lightballs pop. Women faint, Men faint, things fall from the ceiling. - Stars explode. - Thats right. Black holes are made. - THIS STUPID GODDAMN NERDS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7KD6L23MUQ
Achaia
Profile Joined July 2010
United States643 Posts
September 21 2011 13:33 GMT
#314
On September 21 2011 22:17 RoachCoach wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 21:51 Achaia wrote:
On September 21 2011 19:20 RoachCoach wrote:
White-ra loves special tactics.

This is all vector.

Hope you like it

- RoachCoach

[image loading]


Isn't this a version of Blizzard's artwork from their valentine's day wallpapers last year? http://eu.starcraft2.com/images/wallpapers/wall6/wall6-1920x1200.jpg

There are a lot of people that are using Blizzard artwork (or at least their own versions of it) and I thought that copyright material was not allowed in this competition? I mean even if they draw their own versions of a Blizzard based character I'm pretty sure that it's still considered Blizzard's Intellectual Property.

I seem to remember either Tastless or Artosis talking a while back about how they had to get permission from Blizzard to create t-shirts with anything that had fan-made art on them of Blizzard units or characters for their site thehandsomenerd.com. I would love to hear a direct answer on this from the mods of this contest because I would like to design another entry if we are allowed to use our own version of Blizzard art and units/characters. Can any of White Ra's people answer?


Creativity is based on inspiration. Yes I used the artwork of valentinesday as inspiration for my design just as the rest (at least most of them) of the submissions used 'intellectual property' (even if it's actually intellectual propert).You would be very restricted in your design for a player that plays sc2 if you can't use sc2 based art.


Yeah I wasn't trying to say anything bad about you using that artwork as your base frame of reference I was just under the impression that we weren't allowed to use our own renditions of Blizzard copyrighted material. I'm just seeing a lot of entries using that type of stuff and if that's OK to use I want to design another entry with that in mind. :D

When I initially approached designing my entry I tried to stay away from that because I didn't want to be disqualified for copyright infringement reasons but if it's allowed then that's a diff story. Ultimately they are going to be selling this shirt and I'm sure they don't want Blizzard suing them for selling something with artwork that would infringe on their IP copyrights so unless they have an agreement reached with Blizzard already I'm not sure where they line should be drawn. Hopefully someone can answer soon.
http://www.youtube.com/SCBattleGrounds
edu723
Profile Joined April 2011
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 13:57:58
September 21 2011 13:51 GMT
#315

Creativity is based on inspiration. Yes I used the artwork of valentinesday as inspiration for my design just as the rest (at least most of them) of the submissions used 'intellectual property' (even if it's actually intellectual propert).


I agree that a lot of submissions have used Blizzard Copyrighted material but that doesn't make it OK. The contest's terms state, and I quote

- The usage of copyrighted material is prohibited (creativity is key).


That said, inspiration is one thing, yours is a vectored copy. The difference between the two is quite large. If inspired you could have made your own heart w/a completely different design and would have still be 'inspired' the valentine's day WP w/o using anyone else's intellectual property.

I'm not saying this to bash you or pick on you. I'm just stating the contest rules and explaining the difference between 'inspiration' and copy.

Finally, I disagree with your statement that
You would be very restricted in your design for a player that plays sc2 if you can't use sc2 based art.


Using creativity you can avoid infringing their property, and that is pretty much the challenge here. Making your own shirt Otherwise we could all just take Blizz art and make infinite shirts just laying them out differently.
Achaia
Profile Joined July 2010
United States643 Posts
September 21 2011 13:56 GMT
#316
On September 21 2011 22:51 edu723 wrote:
Show nested quote +

Creativity is based on inspiration. Yes I used the artwork of valentinesday as inspiration for my design just as the rest (at least most of them) of the submissions used 'intellectual property' (even if it's actually intellectual propert).You would be very restricted in your design for a player that plays sc2 if you can't use sc2 based art.


I agree that a lot of submissions have used Blizzard Copyrighted material but that doesn't make it OK. The contest's terms state, and I quote
Show nested quote +

- The usage of copyrighted material is prohibited (creativity is key).


Right that's my point. The mods of the contest haven't said anything about the entries that have used Blizzard based material so I'm just wondering if those entries are OK because the fans actually drew the art themselves. If they're going to get disqualified I'm sure they would like to know but on the flip side if that's allowed I would like to take another crack at a design.
http://www.youtube.com/SCBattleGrounds
edu723
Profile Joined April 2011
7 Posts
September 21 2011 14:04 GMT
#317
Well I' think the contest sponsors are not TL mods, and TL mods are not here to enforce the rules of a contest. If you don't follow the sponsor's rules then obviously they're not going to consider your entry for winning purposes. But they don't have to shoo you either, this is a public forum.

Again, not trying to bash, but the rules are there for a reason. Don't you copyrighted material and you should be safe. Again, because many entries have ignored it doesn't mean the rule goes away.
Drock
Profile Joined October 2010
United States305 Posts
September 21 2011 14:11 GMT
#318
[image loading]
I kinda miss Idra...
Achaia
Profile Joined July 2010
United States643 Posts
September 21 2011 14:19 GMT
#319
On September 21 2011 23:04 edu723 wrote:
Well I' think the contest sponsors are not TL mods, and TL mods are not here to enforce the rules of a contest. If you don't follow the sponsor's rules then obviously they're not going to consider your entry for winning purposes. But they don't have to shoo you either, this is a public forum.

Again, not trying to bash, but the rules are there for a reason. Don't you copyrighted material and you should be safe. Again, because many entries have ignored it doesn't mean the rule goes away.


Right, sorry when I said mods I meant the contest mods (i.e. White Ra and whoever is involved from TteSports). I was just hoping we could get some clarification on the copyright rule. I would tend to interpret the rule as you have, meaning that you can't use any art that is a copy of Blizzard art or uses Blizzard copyrighted units or characters. However, if they're going to allow art based on Blizzard copyrighted material, as long as it's not a direct copy, that's different. I might just do another design anyways, they never said there was a limit to how many submissions you can have. It would just suck to put a bunch of time and effort into a design that would be disqualified from day 1.
http://www.youtube.com/SCBattleGrounds
.Enigma
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom116 Posts
September 21 2011 14:25 GMT
#320
Entry #2
Designs are slightly different, any combination of the 2 designs and 2 colour schemes is possible

[image loading]

[image loading]

.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings53
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 137
NeuroSwarm 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11834
Rain 2029
Artosis 598
Bale 13
League of Legends
Doublelift3931
Counter-Strike
taco 26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox637
Mew2King208
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1255
Other Games
summit1g10824
Day[9].tv658
shahzam601
JimRising 493
PiGStarcraft264
C9.Mang0214
ViBE75
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv658
• Scarra500
• Shiphtur147
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 24m
OSC
21h 24m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.