• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:57
CEST 20:57
KST 03:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9165 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5124

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5162 Next
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
June 02 2015 22:01 GMT
#102461
On June 03 2015 06:37 Cixah wrote:
The issue doesn't stem from the fact that he knew that he could get more money from a goyf. The issue stems from the fact that this supplementary set has more value to a secondary market that professional players are taking money cards that don't fit lists over the arguably correct pick. It also doesn't help that he knew that if he made top 4 they were likely to prize split anyway (this is not uncommon at all) and were likely just playing for pro points, of which in his situation didn't matter because he already has gold level locked this season abdn can't get plat with the number of gp's/pt's left.

If prize support for the largest gp of all time had been better/ different than "stock gp" then this might not have been the case. But all in all the only people who are taking the arguement that taking the correct pick over the goyf are the people who financially it doesn't matter to because they are already locked into all the pro tours this season and are playing for essentially dick hat points.

Here's how I see it. If I were in his shoes, would I be willing to pay $600+ in order to add a decent but otherwise unspectacular carf to my draft deck in the hopes it gives me an advantage?

I am not financial secure enough to make a decision like that. So I'm keeping my $600+ thank you very much.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 02 2015 22:07 GMT
#102462
Apparently SG is free to play or something until next week? And the game plus dlc is under 5 dollars now so if anyone still wants to get it or try it out,there probably isn't a better time. I gotta do something about my controller.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
June 02 2015 22:07 GMT
#102463
best
movie
ever
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
June 02 2015 22:22 GMT
#102464
So apparently the reason why everybody was partying at the funeral in Bali is that the custom here is that if you're happy at the funeral it makes it easier for the dead person to get into heaven.

That's pretty cool, in all honesty.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 02 2015 22:26 GMT
#102465
On June 03 2015 07:22 Ketara wrote:
So apparently the reason why everybody was partying at the funeral in Bali is that the custom here is that if you're happy at the funeral it makes it easier for the dead person to get into heaven.

That's pretty cool, in all honesty.

In China, the more people come to your funeral, the more important and what not you are. So, in order to make people think that they were cool, people would have strippers at their funeral, which would draw large crowds. The practice was banned by the government.
It's your boy Guzma!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 02 2015 22:33 GMT
#102466
JCarlson

It's your boy Guzma!
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 22:47:51
June 02 2015 22:46 GMT
#102467
so time for adventures at the gas station aka why people are morons

I pull into the gas station behind someone and fill up my car and some person decides they can't wait in line so they back up into the space in front of me before I can leave so I'm now stuck behind 2 car. I pull up a little bit to see if I can drive forward between them and since i figure the other cars already been there for like 5 minutes and their close to leaving.

no because apparently the guy paid for 23 dollars of gas then decided to reenter his credit card for more gas so the person who I was originally behind leaves first. and the person behind me decided to pull up super far for literally no reason so when I try to back up literally 6 inches so I can actually leave they start honking like crazy because they were too dumb to give me any room at all and pull up literally for 0 purpose when they still can't actually use the pump

I suppose I should have just sat at the pump until someone left but i don't see why they could have just given me a little bit more room, not to mention the before mentioned genius who decided to back into the space in front of me in like the 2 minutes between when the car in front of me left and I was ready to leave. if they had just gotten in line everyone would have been out a lot quicker
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 02 2015 22:54 GMT
#102468
On June 03 2015 07:33 Requizen wrote:
JCarlson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1-bVYio1k


dear lord

the thumbnail pic looks terrifyingly like my brother
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Ketara
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States15065 Posts
June 02 2015 22:54 GMT
#102469
So somebody who's mother is Chinese and father is Balinese has strippers and fried chicken at their funeral?

I want to be friends with that guy.
http://www.liquidlegends.net/forum/lol-general/502075-patch-61-league-of-legends-general-discussion?page=25#498
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 22:59:27
June 02 2015 22:56 GMT
#102470
On June 03 2015 05:10 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Jeffery.

I just saw a Facebook post saying "Hair on fleek today."

You lied to me.


I can't even see you on his friends list. You win this round gadget.

Edit: I found scip tho.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 02 2015 23:01 GMT
#102471
On June 03 2015 07:54 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2015 07:33 Requizen wrote:
JCarlson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1-bVYio1k


dear lord

the thumbnail pic looks terrifyingly like my brother

Your brother is a sock?
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 02 2015 23:07 GMT
#102472
It would go pretty well with Soniv the jock.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 23:27:13
June 02 2015 23:26 GMT
#102473
It stinks living in a super conservative area. half the time I want to unfriend most of the people on my friends list on facebook because they post and share idiotic stuff. (and I mean idiotic, not just stuff that disagrees with me.)
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 02 2015 23:27 GMT
#102474
On June 03 2015 08:26 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
It stinks living in a super conservative area. half the time I want to unfriend most of the people on my friends list on facebook because they post and share idiotic stuff.

Just block their posts. You get none of the idiocy and 0 people asking why they got removed.
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 02 2015 23:29 GMT
#102475
On June 03 2015 08:26 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
It stinks living in a super conservative area. half the time I want to unfriend most of the people on my friends list on facebook because they post and share idiotic stuff. (and I mean idiotic, not just stuff that disagrees with me.)


Facebook people will post stupid things regardless of ideological beliefs. It's Facebook. If you can get off of it, do so and you will know true freedom.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 23:39:06
June 02 2015 23:29 GMT
#102476
On June 03 2015 08:27 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2015 08:26 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
It stinks living in a super conservative area. half the time I want to unfriend most of the people on my friends list on facebook because they post and share idiotic stuff.

Just block their posts. You get none of the idiocy and 0 people asking why they got removed.


the problem is I actually like some of their posts when their not just sharing political stuff.

On June 03 2015 08:29 Parnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2015 08:26 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
It stinks living in a super conservative area. half the time I want to unfriend most of the people on my friends list on facebook because they post and share idiotic stuff. (and I mean idiotic, not just stuff that disagrees with me.)


Facebook people will post stupid things regardless of ideological beliefs. It's Facebook. If you can get off of it, do so and you will know true freedom.



that's probably true but I find that my more liberal friends at least post to articles instead of meme's and or photos with a line under it, although I know there's people who are liberals and do it out there. the problem with abandoning it is I use it to keep in contact with a lot of people I like talking too like my cousin. I don't really use it ever. I avoid stuff like reddit, twitter, tumblr etc.

I probably won't do anything about it but it was nice just being able to vent a tiny bit
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-02 23:36:43
June 02 2015 23:33 GMT
#102477
On June 03 2015 08:29 Parnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2015 08:26 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
It stinks living in a super conservative area. half the time I want to unfriend most of the people on my friends list on facebook because they post and share idiotic stuff. (and I mean idiotic, not just stuff that disagrees with me.)


Facebook people will post stupid things regardless of ideological beliefs. It's Facebook. If you can get off of it, do so and you will know true freedom.

Unfortunately when the rest of the world uses it, it can end up being useful for professional or networking purposes. I ignore about 99 percent of the content vomited at me and I post on average about 3 times per year, but I still have to check for school and work related things.

Also I read reddit from time to time because subreddits like this amuse me. Only one thing crossed my mind when I read this one. Can't tell if bad person or not because all of the other people are saying how sorry they are and stuff. http://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/388xgz/tifu_by_picking_up_pieces_of_my_dead_cat/
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 02 2015 23:44 GMT
#102478
pre-Iris League

www.twitch.tv/jcarlsoniv
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 02 2015 23:45 GMT
#102479
On June 03 2015 08:33 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2015 08:29 Parnage wrote:
On June 03 2015 08:26 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
It stinks living in a super conservative area. half the time I want to unfriend most of the people on my friends list on facebook because they post and share idiotic stuff. (and I mean idiotic, not just stuff that disagrees with me.)


Facebook people will post stupid things regardless of ideological beliefs. It's Facebook. If you can get off of it, do so and you will know true freedom.

Unfortunately when the rest of the world uses it, it can end up being useful for professional or networking purposes. I ignore about 99 percent of the content vomited at me and I post on average about 3 times per year, but I still have to check for school and work related things.

Also I read reddit from time to time because subreddits like this amuse me. Only one thing crossed my mind when I read this one. Can't tell if bad person or not because all of the other people are saying how sorry they are and stuff. http://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/388xgz/tifu_by_picking_up_pieces_of_my_dead_cat/


I just give people who ask a confused look and then respond with something like "is that like youtube?" I'd rather give out my email then try to deal with facebook but I can understand not everyone is in that position.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
June 02 2015 23:46 GMT
#102480
On June 03 2015 08:44 jcarlsoniv wrote:
pre-Iris League

www.twitch.tv/jcarlsoniv

I keep thinking about getting back into League and then I think maybe now would just be a better time to learn Dota instead.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
Prev 1 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 686
UpATreeSC 116
JuggernautJason36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18587
firebathero 186
Rush 131
Dewaltoss 97
Sexy 25
Shine 23
Bale 13
yabsab 10
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc8074
qojqva1404
monkeys_forever105
Counter-Strike
fl0m1561
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1998
crisheroes1259
Liquid`Hasu709
XaKoH 147
MindelVK15
Other Games
Grubby2964
summit1g1966
Beastyqt699
FrodaN677
ceh9634
ArmadaUGS204
byalli199
C9.Mang0159
KnowMe158
Hui .147
QueenE103
Mew2King66
shahzam41
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• 80smullet 13
• FirePhoenix6
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1707
League of Legends
• TFBlade1131
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• WagamamaTV253
• Shiphtur243
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 3m
Stellar Fest
18h 3m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.