• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:36
CEST 13:36
KST 20:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10249 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1057

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 5162 Next
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 20:57:06
January 29 2014 20:55 GMT
#21121
I'm a bit surprised at the reactions—not that people are appalled, but that you're surprised. I thought that this being a part of these countries' trouble was somewhat well-known.
It's all correlated to the loack of roads and communication systems, and means of spreading the information in general. Outside of the cities and great axes a lot of villages and communities are remote, if not completely isolated from the rest of their neighbours, so all these kind of rumours have an open field with noone around to debunk them, or even tell the people about the good practices instead of just "no, that one's bad".

Btw, JonGalt, I assume part of your job's to take care of educational stuff on these topics too (general hygiene, water, etc. too), is that official or is it simply "par for the course" when you're sent to teach?


On a totally unrelated topic, I decided to listen to Teut and put my faith in the light for today's arena run, but no Tirion so far. Should I settle with the Black Knight or Sylvanas? I assume she's better in arena anyway (and nope, not gonna pick Millhouse).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 20:55 GMT
#21122
On January 30 2014 05:55 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 05:26 JonGalt wrote:
I'm more of a consensual sex guy. but to each his own. it's 2014 - no judgement.

I'm going to go ahead and keep judging rapists.


lol I was gonna commend JonGalt for his openness to others' beliefs, but yeah

fuck rapists
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 20:57:40
January 29 2014 20:56 GMT
#21123
On January 30 2014 05:55 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 05:26 JonGalt wrote:
I'm more of a consensual sex guy. but to each his own. it's 2014 - no judgement.

I'm going to go ahead and keep judging rapists.

This reminds me of baby eating aliens.

Which is also a fantastic read imo.

On January 30 2014 05:55 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 05:55 ComaDose wrote:
On January 30 2014 05:26 JonGalt wrote:
I'm more of a consensual sex guy. but to each his own. it's 2014 - no judgement.

I'm going to go ahead and keep judging rapists.

fuck rapists

So you're advocating the raping of rapists?

...you rapist.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 29 2014 20:57 GMT
#21124
I thought it was albinos not virgins
Bronze player stuck in platinum
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
January 29 2014 20:58 GMT
#21125
On January 30 2014 05:55 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 05:55 ComaDose wrote:
On January 30 2014 05:26 JonGalt wrote:
I'm more of a consensual sex guy. but to each his own. it's 2014 - no judgement.

I'm going to go ahead and keep judging rapists.


lol I was gonna commend JonGalt for his openness to others' beliefs, but yeah

fuck rapists


Wow you guys. Really taking a stand on this one.

How do you feel about Nazis?
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
January 29 2014 20:59 GMT
#21126
On January 30 2014 05:55 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 05:26 JonGalt wrote:
I'm more of a consensual sex guy. but to each his own. it's 2014 - no judgement.

I'm going to go ahead and keep judging rapists.


Basically this.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
January 29 2014 20:59 GMT
#21127
@kyrie I actually had no idea where the fuck Lesotho was when I got my assignment. I did recognize the country when I looked it up on a map. never knew the name of that tiny country landlocked by south Africa

@dark yeah my host sister (she's 14) was raped and she literally had NO change in demeanour. I talked with her the day after (having no idea) and it was like nothing happened. her cousin, a teacher at my school, showed up looking for my grandmother and was like "so I heard polo got raped, how's she doing?" uhmmmm 'scuze me?

and in possibly the worst segue ever, this teacher is beautiful but she's related to me because her grandmother is my grandmother's sister:
1) what does that make her? cousin twice removed or what?
2) host family incest is acceptable right? it's not like we're blood related.

but she works with me and I think the whole family thing means way more to them than I am estimating. seems like too messy of a situation but it's still something I'm debating. worth?
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 29 2014 21:00 GMT
#21128
On January 30 2014 05:58 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 05:55 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 30 2014 05:55 ComaDose wrote:
On January 30 2014 05:26 JonGalt wrote:
I'm more of a consensual sex guy. but to each his own. it's 2014 - no judgement.

I'm going to go ahead and keep judging rapists.


lol I was gonna commend JonGalt for his openness to others' beliefs, but yeah

fuck rapists


Wow you guys. Really taking a stand on this one.

How do you feel about Nazis?


poor execution

instantrimshot.com

+ Show Spoiler +
teut, reserve me a spot next to you in hell
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 21:02:44
January 29 2014 21:00 GMT
#21129
On January 30 2014 05:58 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 05:55 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 30 2014 05:55 ComaDose wrote:
On January 30 2014 05:26 JonGalt wrote:
I'm more of a consensual sex guy. but to each his own. it's 2014 - no judgement.

I'm going to go ahead and keep judging rapists.


lol I was gonna commend JonGalt for his openness to others' beliefs, but yeah

fuck rapists


Wow you guys. Really taking a stand on this one.

How do you feel about Nazis?

They were kinda bad dudes, you know.

On January 30 2014 05:59 JonGalt wrote:and in possibly the worst segue ever, this teacher is beautiful but she's related to me because her grandmother is my grandmother's sister:
1) what does that make her? cousin twice removed or what?
2) host family incest is acceptable right? it's not like we're blood related.

but she works with me and I think the whole family thing means way more to them than I am estimating. seems like too messy of a situation but it's still something I'm debating. worth?

I would recommend keeping it in your pants until you get back stateside. But if you're into incest, whatevs mang.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
January 29 2014 21:01 GMT
#21130
On January 30 2014 06:00 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 05:58 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On January 30 2014 05:55 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On January 30 2014 05:55 ComaDose wrote:
On January 30 2014 05:26 JonGalt wrote:
I'm more of a consensual sex guy. but to each his own. it's 2014 - no judgement.

I'm going to go ahead and keep judging rapists.


lol I was gonna commend JonGalt for his openness to others' beliefs, but yeah

fuck rapists


Wow you guys. Really taking a stand on this one.

How do you feel about Nazis?


poor execution

instantrimshot.com

+ Show Spoiler +
teut, reserve me a spot next to you in hell

Agreed. BOOOOOO ASMO
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
January 29 2014 21:03 GMT
#21131
A branch of my family refused to join the german army when they came knocking and so that whole side of the family ended up being murdered in their sleep...
So yeah. Nazi's pretty high on my list of NO.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
January 29 2014 21:03 GMT
#21132
On January 30 2014 05:59 JonGalt wrote:
@dark yeah my host sister (she's 14) was raped and she literally had NO change in demeanour. I talked with her the day after (having no idea) and it was like nothing happened. her cousin, a teacher at my school, showed up looking for my grandmother and was like "so I heard polo got raped, how's she doing?" uhmmmm 'scuze me?

[...]

but she works with me and I think the whole family thing means way more to them than I am estimating. seems like too messy of a situation but it's still something I'm debating. worth?

Not trying to make fun of you or anything, but I find your wording slightly amusing with how you're mentioning both topics where culture vastly differs from the US, but it's only on the "is it 0K to fuck a family member (via hosting)?" that you explicitly wonder about their view.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 21:10:16
January 29 2014 21:07 GMT
#21133
@alaric I teach life skills too. basically health class. self esteem, confidence, goals, sex ed, and lots of aids stuff. we have 2 months of training for this stuff among other cultural issues and language.
and hey one of the peace corps goals is to share culture. only doing my duty.

AND FINE. If you guys wanna judge rapists I guess I can get behind that. Nazis too. the feels bp dayum.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 21:08:53
January 29 2014 21:08 GMT
#21134
You can TL;DR The Egg story and you still get the same substance out of it.

Maybe that's why Alaric likes it.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
January 29 2014 21:08 GMT
#21135
On the flip side, because this is America, you see a bunch of terrible people lie about having been raped for whatever reason, and even having been accused of rape is enough to leave a black spot on your personal history for the rest of your life. Very nearly happened to a friend in college, because his one night stand decided she regretted her hook up and almost reported it to the police before someone stopped her. Just goes to show that people will exploit anything in their power if they're petty enough.
It's your boy Guzma!
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 21:10:32
January 29 2014 21:09 GMT
#21136
I knew about health, hygiene, sex ed. etc. but that's the first time you mention self esteem/confidence stuff. Is that a particular issue there (I mean, moreso than it is in "our developed countries" obv.)? Or is it just for the whole package or something?

^ I TL;DR out of kindness to you all. Bunch of ingrates.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Don_Julio
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
2220 Posts
January 29 2014 21:10 GMT
#21137
On January 30 2014 06:03 BlackPaladin wrote:
A branch of my family refused to join the german army when they came knocking and so that whole side of the family ended up being murdered in their sleep...
So yeah. Nazi's pretty high on my list of NO.


Wow. Do you mind telling the story? You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-29 21:14:50
January 29 2014 21:14 GMT
#21138
On January 30 2014 06:08 Requizen wrote:
On the flip side, because this is America, you see a bunch of terrible people lie about having been raped for whatever reason, and even having been accused of rape is enough to leave a black spot on your personal history for the rest of your life. Very nearly happened to a friend in college, because his one night stand decided she regretted her hook up and almost reported it to the police before someone stopped her. Just goes to show that people will exploit anything in their power if they're petty enough.


While true, there are also an incredible amount of people (both male and female) who have been raped and never say anything.

It is a really sensitive topic on both sides.

On January 30 2014 06:10 Don_Julio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2014 06:03 BlackPaladin wrote:
A branch of my family refused to join the german army when they came knocking and so that whole side of the family ended up being murdered in their sleep...
So yeah. Nazi's pretty high on my list of NO.


Wow. Do you mind telling the story? You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.


I...I think he did just tell the story lol
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
January 29 2014 21:14 GMT
#21139
On January 30 2014 05:59 JonGalt wrote:
@kyrie I actually had no idea where the fuck Lesotho was when I got my assignment. I did recognize the country when I looked it up on a map. never knew the name of that tiny country landlocked by south Africa

@dark yeah my host sister (she's 14) was raped and she literally had NO change in demeanour. I talked with her the day after (having no idea) and it was like nothing happened. her cousin, a teacher at my school, showed up looking for my grandmother and was like "so I heard polo got raped, how's she doing?" uhmmmm 'scuze me?

and in possibly the worst segue ever, this teacher is beautiful but she's related to me because her grandmother is my grandmother's sister:
1) what does that make her? cousin twice removed or what?
2) host family incest is acceptable right? it's not like we're blood related.

but she works with me and I think the whole family thing means way more to them than I am estimating. seems like too messy of a situation but it's still something I'm debating. worth?

Do you plan on writing some kind of blog about your experiences in Lesotho by the way? The stories are interesting as fuck.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
January 29 2014 21:17 GMT
#21140
You should have Alaric be your chronicler.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Prev 1 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings41
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Mong 55
Snow 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sea.KH 34
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
Terrorterran 14
JulyZerg 13
sorry 13
Free 13
Yoon 11
zelot 8
HiyA 8
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
qojqva1127
Gorgc864
Dendi685
Fuzer 124
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1456
shoxiejesuss646
x6flipin272
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2116
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2246
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT322
DeMusliM189
Mew2King144
Livibee112
Liquid`LucifroN90
ArmadaUGS75
QueenE65
Chillindude11
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream264
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade452
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 24m
Stellar Fest
1h 24m
OSC
12h 24m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.