Still, impressive nonetheless
2026 GSTL Grand Finals - Page 2
| Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments |
|
Poopi
France13021 Posts
Still, impressive nonetheless | ||
|
PremoBeats
624 Posts
| ||
|
fr33xta
15 Posts
| ||
|
bulldozer06701
171 Posts
On September 27 2026 21:32 PremoBeats wrote: Why is it impressive to win a Bo1 on this patch as the best Terran of all time after the hot fixes? Which win rates are you basing this repeated notion on? I am truly interested in how you arrive at your conclusions, as I often have rather contrasting opinions. Zerg is by far the strongest on this patch, so a terran managing to pull off a win against Serral is very very impressive. | ||
|
PremoBeats
624 Posts
On September 27 2026 21:40 bulldozer06701 wrote: Zerg is by far the strongest on this patch, so a terran managing to pull off a win against Serral is very very impressive. On which post hot fix win rates is that claim based on? Aren't they in the 45-55% range in TvZ? And haven't pros been pulling of Bo1 wins in much worse metas? | ||
|
Charoisaur
Germany16095 Posts
| ||
|
fr33xta
15 Posts
| ||
|
PremoBeats
624 Posts
On September 27 2026 21:48 Charoisaur wrote: what is this, why are people arguing whether beating Serral is impressive or not? Because it is a Bo1 played by Maru. Cheeses, timing builds, etc. There is a lot more variance in a Bo1 and Maru is the best Terran of all time. So I would say "not very surprising", that the 2nd best player of all time wins a Bo1 versus the best, especially as he already did so several times on this patch. Edit - Serral be like: "you can sit this one out, Trigger." Would be hilarious if Basilsik sends Trigger to the Ace Match. | ||
|
HeroSandro
542 Posts
| ||
|
darklycid
3562 Posts
| ||
|
Kashim
Poland1240 Posts
| ||
|
Antithesis
Germany1271 Posts
Any recommended games? Only caught the hellbat timing game Serral vs. Maru. | ||
|
duckTemplar
United States216 Posts
| ||
|
PremoBeats
624 Posts
Pretty sick run with nerves of steel and his back against the wall in those last 5 games... also GGs to Rotti for being a GSTL champ :D | ||
|
Balnazza
Germany1363 Posts
You will probably win against Zeus (Trigger), you might win against ToD (Reynor), but in the end, Grubby (Serral) will just get you. That being said, T1ONSYDE made it basically as close as they could. Sounds silly with the Allkill, but if they had beaten Serral once, that would have put BASILISK in a very awkward spot. So I'm glad that worked out! I don't think I'm a huge fan of the format overall, but honestly, it fits SC2 and the current status of the game pretty well. And I hope there will be more GSTL, hopefully with less mixes and more stable teams. Teamleagues in my opinion don't just get their excitment from the players, but also the history and rivalries of the teams. what is this, why are people arguing whether beating Serral is impressive or not? No one is arguing that? People are arguing if "Maru wins against Zerg" is impressive. Which it is not. | ||
|
PremoBeats
624 Posts
And now switching up teams to create new ones also takes away from the legacy spirit rivalry. Pretty sad, that there was no Team Liquid for example. | ||
|
Balnazza
Germany1363 Posts
Cure wanting to play with his JinAir-buddies is understandable I think (I still don't get the name Hwaseung though...I mean, I know that there was Hwaseung OZ, but what do these three have to do with that team?), but if Liquid had put up a team he probably wouldn't have. Leaves the question why Liquip didn't send a team. Answer might be SKillous: He hasn't played any official match since the end of July. Don't know if it is the patch or if he is starting to transition out of SC2 or whatever, but either way, without him, it doesn't make much sense for Liquid to register a team sadly | ||
|
Antithesis
Germany1271 Posts
On September 27 2026 22:55 PremoBeats wrote: GG to all players... fun tournament and nice to see Serral conquer Seoul 8 years later again - this time in a team format. Pretty sick run with nerves of steel and his back against the wall in those last 5 games... also GGs to Rotti for being a GSTL champ :D Neat. Catching Wardi's recast now; looking forward to these matches. Nothing better than watching Serral conquer all. Overall nice to have this team league event in the current state of SC2. | ||
|
PremoBeats
624 Posts
On September 28 2026 00:21 Balnazza wrote: The Liquid-Thing is actually interesting, so I looked slightly into it: Cure wanting to play with his JinAir-buddies is understandable I think (I still don't get the name Hwaseung though...I mean, I know that there was Hwaseung OZ, but what do these three have to do with that team?), but if Liquid had put up a team he probably wouldn't have. Leaves the question why Liquip didn't send a team. Answer might be SKillous: He hasn't played any official match since the end of July. Don't know if it is the patch or if he is starting to transition out of SC2 or whatever, but either way, without him, it doesn't make much sense for Liquid to register a team sadly Thanks for sharing! Didn't know that! On September 28 2026 01:30 Antithesis wrote: Neat. Catching Wardi's recast now; looking forward to these matches. Nothing better than watching Serral conquer all. Overall nice to have this team league event in the current state of SC2. + Show Spoiler + And so he did... He was even only one map win away of repeating his All-Kill-Final feat versus Vitality from Summer 2024. | ||
|
TeamMamba
287 Posts
Squashing Maru in that ace match was pure cinema lol Trigger winning a game against zoun was neat But most importantly Captain Rotti is a sc2 champion! | ||
| ||