• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:17
CEST 02:17
KST 09:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6499 users

DreamHack - Austin 2016 - Page 78

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 84 Next
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
May 08 2016 22:10 GMT
#1541
That was horrible from Hydra I guess Neeb can still do it !
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
May 08 2016 22:10 GMT
#1542
On May 09 2016 07:10 Shield wrote:
That's weird. Hydra and Snute lost on Prion Terraces. Considering that people say zerg has like ~60% win rate on this map.


They both lost to neeb :p
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
May 08 2016 22:11 GMT
#1543
I don't think prion terraces favour zerg so much, you only have 1 timing where you can use it and its not that strong anymore, if protoss survives that then prion is better for protoss
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
May 08 2016 22:11 GMT
#1544
With invader and ulrena left? DREAM IS ALIVE BOYS
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
May 08 2016 22:11 GMT
#1545
On May 09 2016 07:11 Nerchio wrote:
I don't think prion terraces favour zerg so much, you only have 1 timing where you can use it and its not that strong anymore, if protoss survives that then prion is better for protoss


Which maps are better for zerg in zvp? :p
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
May 08 2016 22:12 GMT
#1546
On May 09 2016 07:09 swissman777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:05 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:00 Shield wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:59 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:50 Bagration wrote:
I come back to SC2 after a long break, decide to tune into some Dreamhack, and I see a hapless foreigner getting beaten by a Korean player. Hopefully Neeb can make this into a close series, otherwise looks like some things never change.


Foreigners will NEVER catch up to the Korea. These players consistently lose to the AM Koreans and would get absolutely dismantled vs the KR guys. I hate this but I've come to accept it


"Foreigners" can't catch up because Koreans have pro teams and coaches. They have practice infrastructure.


Sure, but I have to wonder what the excuse is when it comes to Polt. He's been in the US for 3 years. Was he just so dominant that his out-of-prime form is still miles better than every foreigner?


He's just that good. Remember Polt beating Koreans left and right during the blink era? Remember him beating Hydra who was fresh out of Korea in WCS S1 2015? Polt is weirdly good that I think he would be like innovation if he stayed in KR.

so if polt stayed in korea he'd lose to stork too?
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
May 08 2016 22:12 GMT
#1547
Neeb lost once on prion, won once on prion = map balanced.

http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
May 08 2016 22:12 GMT
#1548
On May 09 2016 07:11 ArtyK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:11 Nerchio wrote:
I don't think prion terraces favour zerg so much, you only have 1 timing where you can use it and its not that strong anymore, if protoss survives that then prion is better for protoss


Which maps are better for zerg in zvp? :p

I am not a fan of prion as Z and I think many others aren't as well
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
May 08 2016 22:12 GMT
#1549
On May 09 2016 07:12 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:09 swissman777 wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:05 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:00 Shield wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:59 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:50 Bagration wrote:
I come back to SC2 after a long break, decide to tune into some Dreamhack, and I see a hapless foreigner getting beaten by a Korean player. Hopefully Neeb can make this into a close series, otherwise looks like some things never change.


Foreigners will NEVER catch up to the Korea. These players consistently lose to the AM Koreans and would get absolutely dismantled vs the KR guys. I hate this but I've come to accept it


"Foreigners" can't catch up because Koreans have pro teams and coaches. They have practice infrastructure.


Sure, but I have to wonder what the excuse is when it comes to Polt. He's been in the US for 3 years. Was he just so dominant that his out-of-prime form is still miles better than every foreigner?


He's just that good. Remember Polt beating Koreans left and right during the blink era? Remember him beating Hydra who was fresh out of Korea in WCS S1 2015? Polt is weirdly good that I think he would be like innovation if he stayed in KR.

so if polt stayed in korea he'd lose to stork too?

Those are the heights everyone is aiming for. Being allowed to lose to Stork.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-08 22:13:22
May 08 2016 22:12 GMT
#1550
On May 09 2016 07:12 Nerchio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:11 ArtyK wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:11 Nerchio wrote:
I don't think prion terraces favour zerg so much, you only have 1 timing where you can use it and its not that strong anymore, if protoss survives that then prion is better for protoss


Which maps are better for zerg in zvp? :p

I am not a fan of prion as Z and I think many others aren't as well


Genuine question here

Whos a fan of prion anyway? :p
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
May 08 2016 22:13 GMT
#1551
On May 09 2016 07:11 ArtyK wrote:
With invader and ulrena left? DREAM IS ALIVE BOYS

yeah ^^
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 08 2016 22:13 GMT
#1552
On May 09 2016 07:12 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:09 swissman777 wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:05 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:00 Shield wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:59 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:50 Bagration wrote:
I come back to SC2 after a long break, decide to tune into some Dreamhack, and I see a hapless foreigner getting beaten by a Korean player. Hopefully Neeb can make this into a close series, otherwise looks like some things never change.


Foreigners will NEVER catch up to the Korea. These players consistently lose to the AM Koreans and would get absolutely dismantled vs the KR guys. I hate this but I've come to accept it


"Foreigners" can't catch up because Koreans have pro teams and coaches. They have practice infrastructure.


Sure, but I have to wonder what the excuse is when it comes to Polt. He's been in the US for 3 years. Was he just so dominant that his out-of-prime form is still miles better than every foreigner?


He's just that good. Remember Polt beating Koreans left and right during the blink era? Remember him beating Hydra who was fresh out of Korea in WCS S1 2015? Polt is weirdly good that I think he would be like innovation if he stayed in KR.

so if polt stayed in korea he'd lose to stork too?

probalby but he could have also won the gsl
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
May 08 2016 22:13 GMT
#1553
On May 09 2016 07:11 Nerchio wrote:
I don't think prion terraces favour zerg so much, you only have 1 timing where you can use it and its not that strong anymore, if protoss survives that then prion is better for protoss

godchio has spoken, move on guys
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
May 08 2016 22:13 GMT
#1554
On May 09 2016 07:13 Makro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:11 Nerchio wrote:
I don't think prion terraces favour zerg so much, you only have 1 timing where you can use it and its not that strong anymore, if protoss survives that then prion is better for protoss

godchio has spoken, move on guys

the guy who couldn't qualify over Guru?
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
seemsgood
Profile Joined January 2016
5527 Posts
May 08 2016 22:13 GMT
#1555
On May 09 2016 07:12 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:09 swissman777 wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:05 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:00 Shield wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:59 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:50 Bagration wrote:
I come back to SC2 after a long break, decide to tune into some Dreamhack, and I see a hapless foreigner getting beaten by a Korean player. Hopefully Neeb can make this into a close series, otherwise looks like some things never change.


Foreigners will NEVER catch up to the Korea. These players consistently lose to the AM Koreans and would get absolutely dismantled vs the KR guys. I hate this but I've come to accept it


"Foreigners" can't catch up because Koreans have pro teams and coaches. They have practice infrastructure.


Sure, but I have to wonder what the excuse is when it comes to Polt. He's been in the US for 3 years. Was he just so dominant that his out-of-prime form is still miles better than every foreigner?


He's just that good. Remember Polt beating Koreans left and right during the blink era? Remember him beating Hydra who was fresh out of Korea in WCS S1 2015? Polt is weirdly good that I think he would be like innovation if he stayed in KR.

so if polt stayed in korea he'd lose to stork too?

Unless he joins samsung and embrace stork's ACE decision.
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
May 08 2016 22:14 GMT
#1556
On May 09 2016 07:13 Makro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:11 Nerchio wrote:
I don't think prion terraces favour zerg so much, you only have 1 timing where you can use it and its not that strong anymore, if protoss survives that then prion is better for protoss

godchio has spoken, move on guys


I'd rather see Zest vs top zerg on Prion Terraces before I believe Nerchio.
ArtyK
Profile Joined June 2011
France3144 Posts
May 08 2016 22:14 GMT
#1557
On May 09 2016 07:13 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:13 Makro wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:11 Nerchio wrote:
I don't think prion terraces favour zerg so much, you only have 1 timing where you can use it and its not that strong anymore, if protoss survives that then prion is better for protoss

godchio has spoken, move on guys

the guy who couldn't qualify over Guru?


OUCH
Sup dood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ KiWiKaKi | SLush | uThermal | PtitDrogo | SortOf | Clem ~ "I told my mom she should vote for me in Nation Wars, she said 'I dunno, I kinda want Finland to win'" – Luolis ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_NScWV9h8k#t=1h01m
TL+ Member
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
May 08 2016 22:14 GMT
#1558
On May 09 2016 07:13 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:12 Charoisaur wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:09 swissman777 wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:05 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:00 Shield wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:59 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:50 Bagration wrote:
I come back to SC2 after a long break, decide to tune into some Dreamhack, and I see a hapless foreigner getting beaten by a Korean player. Hopefully Neeb can make this into a close series, otherwise looks like some things never change.


Foreigners will NEVER catch up to the Korea. These players consistently lose to the AM Koreans and would get absolutely dismantled vs the KR guys. I hate this but I've come to accept it


"Foreigners" can't catch up because Koreans have pro teams and coaches. They have practice infrastructure.


Sure, but I have to wonder what the excuse is when it comes to Polt. He's been in the US for 3 years. Was he just so dominant that his out-of-prime form is still miles better than every foreigner?


He's just that good. Remember Polt beating Koreans left and right during the blink era? Remember him beating Hydra who was fresh out of Korea in WCS S1 2015? Polt is weirdly good that I think he would be like innovation if he stayed in KR.

so if polt stayed in korea he'd lose to stork too?

probalby but he could have also won the gsl

Maybe, but his mechanics are weak, always have been. I think the highest tier of Korean Zergs would have ended up bullying him pretty hard.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
10bulgares
Profile Joined September 2013
352 Posts
May 08 2016 22:16 GMT
#1559
On May 09 2016 07:13 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:12 Charoisaur wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:09 swissman777 wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:05 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:00 Shield wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:59 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:50 Bagration wrote:
I come back to SC2 after a long break, decide to tune into some Dreamhack, and I see a hapless foreigner getting beaten by a Korean player. Hopefully Neeb can make this into a close series, otherwise looks like some things never change.


Foreigners will NEVER catch up to the Korea. These players consistently lose to the AM Koreans and would get absolutely dismantled vs the KR guys. I hate this but I've come to accept it


"Foreigners" can't catch up because Koreans have pro teams and coaches. They have practice infrastructure.


Sure, but I have to wonder what the excuse is when it comes to Polt. He's been in the US for 3 years. Was he just so dominant that his out-of-prime form is still miles better than every foreigner?


He's just that good. Remember Polt beating Koreans left and right during the blink era? Remember him beating Hydra who was fresh out of Korea in WCS S1 2015? Polt is weirdly good that I think he would be like innovation if he stayed in KR.

so if polt stayed in korea he'd lose to stork too?

probalby but he could have also won the gsl


Hypothesis: Koreans are better because they are playing more from a younger age, because gameing in PC bang is in the culture.
There could be an analogy with US basket ball players.
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
May 08 2016 22:16 GMT
#1560
On May 09 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2016 07:13 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:12 Charoisaur wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:09 swissman777 wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:05 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 07:00 Shield wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:59 kaykoose wrote:
On May 09 2016 06:50 Bagration wrote:
I come back to SC2 after a long break, decide to tune into some Dreamhack, and I see a hapless foreigner getting beaten by a Korean player. Hopefully Neeb can make this into a close series, otherwise looks like some things never change.


Foreigners will NEVER catch up to the Korea. These players consistently lose to the AM Koreans and would get absolutely dismantled vs the KR guys. I hate this but I've come to accept it


"Foreigners" can't catch up because Koreans have pro teams and coaches. They have practice infrastructure.


Sure, but I have to wonder what the excuse is when it comes to Polt. He's been in the US for 3 years. Was he just so dominant that his out-of-prime form is still miles better than every foreigner?


He's just that good. Remember Polt beating Koreans left and right during the blink era? Remember him beating Hydra who was fresh out of Korea in WCS S1 2015? Polt is weirdly good that I think he would be like innovation if he stayed in KR.

so if polt stayed in korea he'd lose to stork too?

probalby but he could have also won the gsl

Maybe, but his mechanics are weak, always have been. I think the highest tier of Korean Zergs would have ended up bullying him pretty hard.

that's the sacrifice you make, he was basically maru's parallel but he had to give up the mechanics in order to be normal sized
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 84 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 715
White-Ra 120
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever546
NeuroSwarm179
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv252
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe154
Heroes of the Storm
Trikslyr109
Other Games
summit1g8237
shahzam585
JimRising 536
C9.Mang0332
ArmadaUGS71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick589
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream337
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta10
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 43m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.