• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:32
CEST 10:32
KST 17:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11207 users

[GSL] Code S Season 1 2016 - Ro8 Day 2 - Page 28

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
CruelZeratul
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany4588 Posts
April 15 2016 12:19 GMT
#541
On April 15 2016 21:16 neutralrobot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 21:00 CruelZeratul wrote:
Were Zest games worth watching from a P perspective?


I think the only reason you'd really watch would be to take in Zest's level of play and be stunned in awe.


My problem is, I can't really tell if something is great play, except obvious ones like reactinf fast to stuff and landing spells.
DonDomingo
Profile Joined October 2015
504 Posts
April 15 2016 12:23 GMT
#542
anyone else watching STARIINIGHT?
Durnuu
Profile Joined September 2013
13326 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-15 12:27:05
April 15 2016 12:26 GMT
#543
On April 15 2016 20:57 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:53 Elentos wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:51 Musicus wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz.

All mirrors are pretty harsh (especially on this map pool), not sure switching does anything. Not to mention you have to learn stuff first.

Every time I see someone make marauders in bio vs bio TvT I facepalm.

But at least you don't play TvT 80% of your ladder games

Seriously though, I'm in masters league and I see 80% Terran 19% Zerg and the occasional protoss. It's insane how many terrans and how few protosses I'm playing
BUNNYYYYYYYYY https://i.imgur.com/BiCF577.png
D-light
Profile Joined April 2012
Finland7364 Posts
April 15 2016 12:30 GMT
#544
On April 15 2016 21:23 DonDomingo wrote:
anyone else watching STARIINIGHT?

Yes.
why even
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
April 15 2016 12:32 GMT
#545
only surprise for me today was that losira took a map
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
DonDomingo
Profile Joined October 2015
504 Posts
April 15 2016 12:33 GMT
#546
On April 15 2016 21:32 Shellshock wrote:
only surprise for me today was that losira took a map

Solar is to blame !
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
April 15 2016 12:35 GMT
#547
On April 15 2016 20:59 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:51 Musicus wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz. It's just that TvT is also not as cool as it was from what I've seen.


Yeah Terran. But I have a longtime history offracing Terran at near my zerg level (since late WoL), so it wasn't really a big step. It's more like I just don't play zerg anymore, instead of playing two races.

TvT is really bad by comparison to WoL and HotS. I used to be a Mech player in TvT and TvZ, so I'm not happy about how Terran plays these matchups these days, but it's still more fun than ZvZ and ZvP for me. The main thing you have to be aware if you switch to T these days is that you really need to get a mindset going that you shouldn't let your P/Z opponent's get lategame (you can let them get there, but you need to make it hard for them because it's the only way you will get there evenly - so try to kill them and work from there) and that keeping tanks in medivacs is more important than anything else in TvT. It's a very unstrategic race at the moment, but mechanically a lot of fun.


Okay thanks, I'll just test the waters on NA first.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
April 15 2016 12:55 GMT
#548
Oh shieeeeeettttt TvP GSL Finals? It's going to be good!!!
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
April 15 2016 13:07 GMT
#549
taeja out, yes!!!!!!!! no more self clapping! get rekt
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
April 15 2016 13:15 GMT
#550
Damn. I mean I guess Losira and Taeja were long shots but :/
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-15 13:26:06
April 15 2016 13:16 GMT
#551
Oh cool, 2 mirror semis to lead to a guaranteed non mirror finals. I like this much better than the opposite. I'm hoping TY vs Zest.
edit: also predicting that
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
Isualin
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1903 Posts
April 15 2016 13:37 GMT
#552
Zerg got fucking rekt this season lol. I would prefer a zerg instead of Cure or Dream but apparently terran was too stronk. What the hell happened to Speed btw, wasn't he artosis' chosen?

I am still a devout follower of literal god TY but Zest doesn't look like he will lose
| INnoVation | The literal god TY | ByuNjwa | LRSL when? |
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
April 15 2016 13:39 GMT
#553
On April 15 2016 22:37 Isualin wrote:
Zerg got fucking rekt this season lol. I would prefer a zerg instead of Cure or Dream but apparently terran was too stronk. What the hell happened to Speed btw, wasn't he artosis' chosen?

I am still a devout follower of literal god TY but Zest doesn't look like he will lose

The curse happened. Arty McTosis chosen the Terran prophet and the curse did what it's supposed to do
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12535 Posts
April 15 2016 13:52 GMT
#554
I think Dear might beat Zest honestly. And I think Zest vs TY finals is way too hyped to end up being any good
No will to live, no wish to die
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
April 15 2016 14:03 GMT
#555
On April 15 2016 22:52 Nebuchad wrote:
I think Dear might beat Zest honestly. And I think Zest vs TY finals is way too hyped to end up being any good

Well sure he might beat him. I think the 4 players left all are in the top5 of their races, probably even top 3.
Zest is the huge favorite though i think, PvP always was his bets matchup and the game he lost to Dear was because of a huge derp.
TY vs Zest would be a teamkill, these finals are usually kinda weird :/
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12133 Posts
April 15 2016 14:09 GMT
#556
On April 15 2016 22:52 Nebuchad wrote:
I think Dear might beat Zest honestly. And I think Zest vs TY finals is way too hyped to end up being any good

Team kills are bad in SC2. Usually. So I would prefer a different casting for finals
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
April 15 2016 14:48 GMT
#557
On April 15 2016 21:02 Scarlett` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:53 Salteador Neo wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


I think I read some other zergs say this a few times in WoL and HotS too


plus if someone gets ultras first they just kinda win (u can amove into mass lurker spine with ultra viper and crush it)

I see Avilo regularly crushing mass ultra armies with lurker viper + static defense.
Maybe you should learn something from him.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
April 15 2016 15:00 GMT
#558
On April 15 2016 23:48 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 21:02 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:53 Salteador Neo wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


I think I read some other zergs say this a few times in WoL and HotS too


plus if someone gets ultras first they just kinda win (u can amove into mass lurker spine with ultra viper and crush it)

I see Avilo regularly crushing mass ultra armies with lurker viper + static defense.
Maybe you should learn something from him.

Yeah even Maru and TY copied his builds (that's an Avilo quote), so i am sure Scarlett can learn from him as well
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
April 15 2016 15:03 GMT
#559
On April 15 2016 23:48 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 21:02 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:53 Salteador Neo wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


I think I read some other zergs say this a few times in WoL and HotS too


plus if someone gets ultras first they just kinda win (u can amove into mass lurker spine with ultra viper and crush it)

I see Avilo regularly crushing mass ultra armies with lurker viper + static defense.
Maybe you should learn something from him.

i dont think high master and progamer meta have much in common
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-15 15:36:09
April 15 2016 15:35 GMT
#560
On April 16 2016 00:03 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 23:48 Charoisaur wrote:
On April 15 2016 21:02 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:53 Salteador Neo wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


I think I read some other zergs say this a few times in WoL and HotS too


plus if someone gets ultras first they just kinda win (u can amove into mass lurker spine with ultra viper and crush it)

I see Avilo regularly crushing mass ultra armies with lurker viper + static defense.
Maybe you should learn something from him.

i dont think high master and progamer meta have much in common


Yup that is correct. Avilo's cute little turtle builds might work fine at lower level play, won't work at higher level play.

Also damn on Losira losing, I knew hew most likely would but no moar zergs
When I think of something else, something will go here
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 813
Hyuk 545
soO 444
Mini 185
ZerO 121
Killer 58
Shinee 49
Mind 40
Mong 31
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
PianO 17
HiyA 16
ZergMaN 12
yabsab 10
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 761
XcaliburYe311
League of Legends
JimRising 462
Counter-Strike
byalli525
Other Games
olofmeister833
ceh9621
Happy350
Livibee171
crisheroes155
Mew2King67
ArmadaUGS53
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick605
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH393
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Jankos1166
• Rush1144
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 28m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 28m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.