• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:07
CEST 14:07
KST 21:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6086 users

[GSL] Code S Season 1 2016 - Ro8 Day 2 - Page 27

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
April 15 2016 11:50 GMT
#521
On April 15 2016 20:48 GTR wrote:
Cure vs TY on 4.20 time to blaze it~

Very dank.

Honestly I expected Losira to get crushed way harder. So I guess the series did live up to the hype.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
April 15 2016 11:50 GMT
#522
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
April 15 2016 11:51 GMT
#523
On April 15 2016 20:49 Phredxor wrote:
Hmm, I'm going to be in Japan for the semis and finals. Hopefully I can get some sweet wifi in my hotels so I can watch on my phone or something :s Depending on the time difference too

so close yet so far away

D:
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-15 11:52:06
April 15 2016 11:51 GMT
#524
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz. It's just that TvT is also not as cool as it was from what I've seen.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
April 15 2016 11:52 GMT
#525
What a frustrating day to watch Sc2.
Here's hoping for an exciting finals, but I have doubts.
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
April 15 2016 11:53 GMT
#526
On April 15 2016 20:51 Penev wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:49 Phredxor wrote:
Hmm, I'm going to be in Japan for the semis and finals. Hopefully I can get some sweet wifi in my hotels so I can watch on my phone or something :s Depending on the time difference too

so close yet so far away

D:


I know

My silly missus doesn't have the love of SC2 that I have so Japan was chosen instead.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
April 15 2016 11:53 GMT
#527
On April 15 2016 20:51 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz.

All mirrors are pretty harsh (especially on this map pool), not sure switching does anything. Not to mention you have to learn stuff first.

Every time I see someone make marauders in bio vs bio TvT I facepalm.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
April 15 2016 11:53 GMT
#528
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


I think I read some other zergs say this a few times in WoL and HotS too
Revolutionist fan
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
April 15 2016 11:54 GMT
#529
My evaluation of Zest in game 1 and game 2:
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
April 15 2016 11:54 GMT
#530
On April 15 2016 20:53 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:51 Musicus wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz.

All mirrors are pretty harsh (especially on this map pool), not sure switching does anything. Not to mention you have to learn stuff first.

Every time I see someone make marauders in bio vs bio TvT I facepalm.


Yeah, I'm scared that I'd just get frustrated from dying to reapers and cloaked banshee in TvT. Gonna just smurf some on NA at first I think.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
April 15 2016 11:56 GMT
#531
On April 15 2016 20:54 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:53 Elentos wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:51 Musicus wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz.

All mirrors are pretty harsh (especially on this map pool), not sure switching does anything. Not to mention you have to learn stuff first.

Every time I see someone make marauders in bio vs bio TvT I facepalm.


Yeah, I'm scared that I'd just get frustrated from dying to reapers and cloaked banshee in TvT. Gonna just smurf some on NA at first I think.

Well, I guess at least this isn't mid HotS where many TvTs on ladder were just gas first BO losses.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
April 15 2016 11:57 GMT
#532
On April 15 2016 20:53 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:51 Musicus wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz.

All mirrors are pretty harsh (especially on this map pool), not sure switching does anything. Not to mention you have to learn stuff first.

Every time I see someone make marauders in bio vs bio TvT I facepalm.

But at least you don't play TvT 80% of your ladder games
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-15 11:59:02
April 15 2016 11:58 GMT
#533
On April 15 2016 20:57 Ej_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:53 Elentos wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:51 Musicus wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz.

All mirrors are pretty harsh (especially on this map pool), not sure switching does anything. Not to mention you have to learn stuff first.

Every time I see someone make marauders in bio vs bio TvT I facepalm.

But at least you don't play TvT 80% of your ladder games

That's true, I got like 6 or 7 TvT's in 60 games this season in Diamond.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
April 15 2016 11:59 GMT
#534
On April 15 2016 20:51 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz. It's just that TvT is also not as cool as it was from what I've seen.


Yeah Terran. But I have a longtime history offracing Terran at near my zerg level (since late WoL), so it wasn't really a big step. It's more like I just don't play zerg anymore, instead of playing two races.

TvT is really bad by comparison to WoL and HotS. I used to be a Mech player in TvT and TvZ, so I'm not happy about how Terran plays these matchups these days, but it's still more fun than ZvZ and ZvP for me. The main thing you have to be aware if you switch to T these days is that you really need to get a mindset going that you shouldn't let your P/Z opponent's get lategame (you can let them get there, but you need to make it hard for them because it's the only way you will get there evenly - so try to kill them and work from there) and that keeping tanks in medivacs is more important than anything else in TvT. It's a very unstrategic race at the moment, but mechanically a lot of fun.
CruelZeratul
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany4588 Posts
April 15 2016 12:00 GMT
#535
Were Zest games worth watching from a P perspective?
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
April 15 2016 12:00 GMT
#536
On April 15 2016 20:56 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:54 Musicus wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:53 Elentos wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:51 Musicus wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:50 Big J wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


The main reason why I've switched races...


What did you switch to and how has it been? Thinking about playing Terran because of zvz.

All mirrors are pretty harsh (especially on this map pool), not sure switching does anything. Not to mention you have to learn stuff first.

Every time I see someone make marauders in bio vs bio TvT I facepalm.


Yeah, I'm scared that I'd just get frustrated from dying to reapers and cloaked banshee in TvT. Gonna just smurf some on NA at first I think.

Well, I guess at least this isn't mid HotS where many TvTs on ladder were just gas first BO losses.

you could just play safe 15 gas expand and defend everything if you scout and react well
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
April 15 2016 12:01 GMT
#537
On April 15 2016 20:59 Big J wrote:
The main thing you have to be aware if you switch to T these days is that you really need to get a mindset going that you shouldn't let your P/Z opponent's get lategame

Easier said than done, at least in TvP.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Scarlett`
Profile Joined April 2011
Korea (South)2437 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-15 12:04:28
April 15 2016 12:02 GMT
#538
On April 15 2016 20:53 Salteador Neo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:47 Scarlett` wrote:
On April 15 2016 20:47 Malgo wrote:
to be honest, losira didnt deserved Ro8...dark shouldve advanced, but lots of Z in the group made it to gimmicky

zvz right now is probably the coinflippyest its ever been


I think I read some other zergs say this a few times in WoL and HotS too

well the later overlord scouting makes openings more random and it feels harder to gain an advantage in muta vs muta cuz u usually are 1 base ahead where you would be in hots/wol and its really easy to techswitch randomly into muta when ur playing roach vs roach (u die if they attack at certain point otherwise you're really ahead)

plus if someone gets ultras first they just kinda win (u can amove into mass lurker spine with ultra viper and crush it)

maybe im just terrible at it right now tho
Progamer
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-15 12:11:55
April 15 2016 12:05 GMT
#539
On April 15 2016 21:01 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2016 20:59 Big J wrote:
The main thing you have to be aware if you switch to T these days is that you really need to get a mindset going that you shouldn't let your P/Z opponent's get lategame

Easier said than done, at least in TvP.


Yeah, it's not easy. I'm just saying this because from my zerg/Mech perspective - in which I learned to react to everything properly - this was the hardest step to get into bio play. Just the mindset of always having to and being able to attack. When you attack a lot you can learn from your replays and see where you were behind and where ahead and try to figure out the scenarios in which actually playing lategame is worth and when not. With Mech/Z(before SH nerf I guess) you'd usually just have a completely different mindset to begin with, only attack when the opponent opens up or you play cheesy.
neutralrobot
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia1025 Posts
April 15 2016 12:16 GMT
#540
On April 15 2016 21:00 CruelZeratul wrote:
Were Zest games worth watching from a P perspective?


I think the only reason you'd really watch would be to take in Zest's level of play and be stunned in awe.
Maru | Life | PartinG || I guess I like aggressive control freaks... || Reynor will one day reign supreme || *reyn supreme
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 965
WardiTV476
OGKoka 214
Rex131
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko387
mouzHeroMarine 291
OGKoka 214
Rex 131
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2551
Horang2 1420
Larva 1231
EffOrt 819
BeSt 625
Shuttle 598
Soma 508
Mini 296
Hyuk 289
Stork 191
[ Show more ]
ZerO 184
Light 181
Rush 140
Zeus 128
ggaemo 122
Killer 84
Barracks 79
Hyun 78
Bale 35
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 30
sorry 26
Yoon 24
Mong 23
PianO 18
Aegong 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
soO 15
Sacsri 15
Sexy 11
zelot 11
Noble 8
HiyA 7
Icarus 1
Dota 2
Dendi1583
BananaSlamJamma194
League of Legends
KnowMe35
Counter-Strike
byalli628
x6flipin378
Other Games
singsing2169
olofmeister1404
B2W.Neo291
crisheroes264
XaKoH 247
Sick239
Pyrionflax151
ArmadaUGS82
hiko53
Mew2King48
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream445
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH308
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1992
Other Games
• WagamamaTV217
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 53m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.