• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:29
CEST 20:29
KST 03:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9974 users

[WCS] Global Finals - Day 1 2015 - Page 415

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 413 414 415 416 417 423 Next
The first match is scheduled to begin at 18:30 GMT (+00:00)
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
November 02 2015 10:55 GMT
#8281
On November 02 2015 19:48 Poopi wrote:
I think that Lilbow knew he would be murdered and prefered to not practice on purpose, in order to have an excuse for his loss.
Problem is that backfires horribly because it's better to try his best and put up a decent fight than losing horribly and telling every "fan" you didn't practice with a broken english.

He couldn't practice HotS because the HotS ladders are dead (total waste of time to play on for him) and anybody who would practice with Lilbow had already switched to LotV.
Strela
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands1896 Posts
November 02 2015 10:57 GMT
#8282
So did people totally shit on Maru too just like with Lilbow because he lost 0-3?
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 10:59:20
November 02 2015 10:59 GMT
#8283
On November 02 2015 19:57 Strela wrote:
So did people totally shit on Maru too just like with Lilbow because he lost 0-3?

I'm sure Maru didn't say "Didn't prepare, was playing LotV", which is the real reason Lilbow got so much hate.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18752 Posts
November 02 2015 11:07 GMT
#8284
Hydra showing all those nonbelievers that he is the real deal
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 02 2015 11:16 GMT
#8285
On November 02 2015 20:07 sharkie wrote:
Hydra showing all those nonbelievers that he is the real deal

Aligulac was right after all !
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
November 02 2015 11:18 GMT
#8286
Wait, lilbow didnt practice? Now thats the spirit lol
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 02 2015 11:19 GMT
#8287
On November 02 2015 20:16 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:07 sharkie wrote:
Hydra showing all those nonbelievers that he is the real deal

Aligulac was right after all !

They're always right, just wait until ByuN parachutes in, reks the lower bracket and plays the finals against INnoVation.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
November 02 2015 11:20 GMT
#8288
On November 02 2015 19:35 Poisonskin wrote:
I can't believe I stayed up so late on a work night to watch somebody who didn't even practice for the biggest game of his Life*.

In my humble opinion this attitude is nothing short of disgraceful. If this was a serious sport he would be immediately dropped by his sponsors after his comments last night. Also, found this clumsy little comment on Reddit, gave me a laugh though -

Show nested quote +
Reinforcing the stereotype. The French gave up WWII because they were practicing for WWIII?


The pressure is on Lilbow. You'd better hope you do well enough in LotV to make up for this, I won't hold my breath.

*heh

Very disappointing indeed since this was the match I was most excited for. I expected Lilbow to lose by 3-0 but at least put up a fight. Losing like this while not having practised is very disrespectful to his fans.

I don't think Life is a lot better though. He cheesed 3 times in a row. I mean it's his right to do that and he won but he would've won in a macro game as well so why not at least try to make it a bit more exciting for the fans than this.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 11:26:50
November 02 2015 11:23 GMT
#8289
On November 02 2015 20:20 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 19:35 Poisonskin wrote:
I can't believe I stayed up so late on a work night to watch somebody who didn't even practice for the biggest game of his Life*.

In my humble opinion this attitude is nothing short of disgraceful. If this was a serious sport he would be immediately dropped by his sponsors after his comments last night. Also, found this clumsy little comment on Reddit, gave me a laugh though -

Reinforcing the stereotype. The French gave up WWII because they were practicing for WWIII?


The pressure is on Lilbow. You'd better hope you do well enough in LotV to make up for this, I won't hold my breath.

*heh

Very disappointing indeed since this was the match I was most excited for. I expected Lilbow to lose by 3-0 but at least put up a fight. Losing like this while not having practised is very disrespectful to his fans.

I don't think Life is a lot better though. He cheesed 3 times in a row. I mean it's his right to do that and he won but he would've won in a macro game as well so why not at least try to make it a bit more exciting for the fans than this.

Life played to win, it's his right to do that. And he just went with the easiest way to win.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5652 Posts
November 02 2015 11:27 GMT
#8290
On November 02 2015 20:23 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:20 RvB wrote:
On November 02 2015 19:35 Poisonskin wrote:
I can't believe I stayed up so late on a work night to watch somebody who didn't even practice for the biggest game of his Life*.

In my humble opinion this attitude is nothing short of disgraceful. If this was a serious sport he would be immediately dropped by his sponsors after his comments last night. Also, found this clumsy little comment on Reddit, gave me a laugh though -

Reinforcing the stereotype. The French gave up WWII because they were practicing for WWIII?


The pressure is on Lilbow. You'd better hope you do well enough in LotV to make up for this, I won't hold my breath.

*heh

Very disappointing indeed since this was the match I was most excited for. I expected Lilbow to lose by 3-0 but at least put up a fight. Losing like this while not having practised is very disrespectful to his fans.

I don't think Life is a lot better though. He cheesed 3 times in a row. I mean it's his right to do that and he won but he would've won in a macro game as well so why not at least try to make it a bit more exciting for the fans than this.

Life played to win, it's his right to do that.

Yeah, there are no style points in Starcraft. Life simply demonstrated the reality of Welfare Championship Series, I'm not the least bit surprised.

Such hilarious comments on Facebook:
Haters are gonna hate and Life only showed how big of an asshole and racist he is
don't wall off against random
Strela
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands1896 Posts
November 02 2015 11:30 GMT
#8291
On November 02 2015 20:18 boxerfred wrote:
Wait, lilbow didnt practice? Now thats the spirit lol

He tried ladder and to find practice partners but could not find suitable ones because most ppl moved on to Legacy of the Void.
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
November 02 2015 11:31 GMT
#8292
maru 0 - 3 rogue ?

wait what?

also dream .. WTF happened when i went to sleep
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
November 02 2015 11:34 GMT
#8293
On November 02 2015 20:30 Strela wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:18 boxerfred wrote:
Wait, lilbow didnt practice? Now thats the spirit lol

He tried ladder and to find practice partners but could not find suitable ones because most ppl moved on to Legacy of the Void.


Did he really say that? I must have missed that moment when he was talking about his preparation...
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 02 2015 11:35 GMT
#8294
On November 02 2015 20:23 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:20 RvB wrote:
On November 02 2015 19:35 Poisonskin wrote:
I can't believe I stayed up so late on a work night to watch somebody who didn't even practice for the biggest game of his Life*.

In my humble opinion this attitude is nothing short of disgraceful. If this was a serious sport he would be immediately dropped by his sponsors after his comments last night. Also, found this clumsy little comment on Reddit, gave me a laugh though -

Reinforcing the stereotype. The French gave up WWII because they were practicing for WWIII?


The pressure is on Lilbow. You'd better hope you do well enough in LotV to make up for this, I won't hold my breath.

*heh

Very disappointing indeed since this was the match I was most excited for. I expected Lilbow to lose by 3-0 but at least put up a fight. Losing like this while not having practised is very disrespectful to his fans.

I don't think Life is a lot better though. He cheesed 3 times in a row. I mean it's his right to do that and he won but he would've won in a macro game as well so why not at least try to make it a bit more exciting for the fans than this.

Life played to win, it's his right to do that. And he just went with the easiest way to win.

I'd go even further : Life did what literally every Korean does when he plays a foreigner in a Korean-dominated tournament (see FlaSh vs MajOr, Classic vs State), he cheesed him to test him, he cheesed him because he wanted to see if he had to respect him or not. Turns out he didn't have to. No matter how difficult it was for Lilbow to train for his match vs Life, early pool like that was so predictable he could have at least prepared for that.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
November 02 2015 11:37 GMT
#8295
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
November 02 2015 11:38 GMT
#8296
Unsurprisingly, the PvP was the best match yet again.

Just start listening to me already.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
November 02 2015 11:39 GMT
#8297
On November 02 2015 14:11 stuchiu wrote:
Poll: What was the biggest letdown today?

Maru vs Rogue (34)
 
49%

Life vs Lilbow (20)
 
29%

Inno vs Zest (8)
 
11%

Classic vs ByuL (8)
 
11%

70 total votes

Your vote: What was the biggest letdown today?

(Vote): Inno vs Zest
(Vote): Life vs Lilbow
(Vote): Classic vs ByuL
(Vote): Maru vs Rogue



Wow I went to sleep finally after dreams match. How could Maru vs Rogue possibly be worse than Life vs Lilbow? :O
Neosteel Enthusiast
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
November 02 2015 11:41 GMT
#8298
On November 02 2015 20:23 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:20 RvB wrote:
On November 02 2015 19:35 Poisonskin wrote:
I can't believe I stayed up so late on a work night to watch somebody who didn't even practice for the biggest game of his Life*.

In my humble opinion this attitude is nothing short of disgraceful. If this was a serious sport he would be immediately dropped by his sponsors after his comments last night. Also, found this clumsy little comment on Reddit, gave me a laugh though -

Reinforcing the stereotype. The French gave up WWII because they were practicing for WWIII?


The pressure is on Lilbow. You'd better hope you do well enough in LotV to make up for this, I won't hold my breath.

*heh

Very disappointing indeed since this was the match I was most excited for. I expected Lilbow to lose by 3-0 but at least put up a fight. Losing like this while not having practised is very disrespectful to his fans.

I don't think Life is a lot better though. He cheesed 3 times in a row. I mean it's his right to do that and he won but he would've won in a macro game as well so why not at least try to make it a bit more exciting for the fans than this.

Life played to win, it's his right to do that. And he just went with the easiest way to win.

Yes I said that in my post as well. Doesn't make it a good thing.
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
November 02 2015 11:49 GMT
#8299
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
Show nested quote +
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you



I remember someone stating that Lilbow moved to Korea to practice for WCS... but seems like I'm wrong.
munch
Profile Joined July 2014
Mute City2363 Posts
November 02 2015 11:49 GMT
#8300
On November 02 2015 20:41 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:23 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2015 20:20 RvB wrote:
On November 02 2015 19:35 Poisonskin wrote:
I can't believe I stayed up so late on a work night to watch somebody who didn't even practice for the biggest game of his Life*.

In my humble opinion this attitude is nothing short of disgraceful. If this was a serious sport he would be immediately dropped by his sponsors after his comments last night. Also, found this clumsy little comment on Reddit, gave me a laugh though -

Reinforcing the stereotype. The French gave up WWII because they were practicing for WWIII?


The pressure is on Lilbow. You'd better hope you do well enough in LotV to make up for this, I won't hold my breath.

*heh

Very disappointing indeed since this was the match I was most excited for. I expected Lilbow to lose by 3-0 but at least put up a fight. Losing like this while not having practised is very disrespectful to his fans.

I don't think Life is a lot better though. He cheesed 3 times in a row. I mean it's his right to do that and he won but he would've won in a macro game as well so why not at least try to make it a bit more exciting for the fans than this.

Life played to win, it's his right to do that. And he just went with the easiest way to win.

Yes I said that in my post as well. Doesn't make it a good thing.


Life destroying Lilbow like that was so much more entertaining than the inevitable +2 blink stalker attack that would've happened if Life let him get to the midgame
WriterForm is temporary, MMA is permanent || http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/508630-article-archive
Prev 1 413 414 415 416 417 423 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 459
UpATreeSC 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1029
Dewaltoss 137
firebathero 88
Zeus 68
Trap 48
Sexy 30
zelot 30
soO 23
ToSsGirL 21
Bale 20
[ Show more ]
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 15
Dota 2
Gorgc7064
qojqva2305
Dendi855
420jenkins156
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1333
Fnx 674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5354
Liquid`Hasu1064
Other Games
Grubby4618
summit1g1703
Beastyqt759
B2W.Neo634
ceh9473
byalli366
C9.Mang0156
KnowMe152
ArmadaUGS146
TKL 117
BRAT_OK 74
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
WardiTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 33
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3690
Other Games
• Shiphtur356
• WagamamaTV294
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 31m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 31m
Stellar Fest
18h 31m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.