• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:33
CEST 04:33
KST 11:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9376 users

[WCS] Global Finals - Day 1 2015 - Page 417

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 415 416 417 418 419 423 Next
The first match is scheduled to begin at 18:30 GMT (+00:00)
FanaticCZ
Profile Joined December 2011
Czech Republic287 Posts
November 02 2015 13:30 GMT
#8321
Surprising results in the last two matches... sad that only one terran advanced. But if that tells us anything from the last year ... gogo INno!

And Lilbow sucks. Even Naniwa at least tried in 2013. I dont care about his childish excuses. Meh
INnoVation is the GOAT!
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 13:57:40
November 02 2015 13:54 GMT
#8322
On November 02 2015 21:19 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you


Could have maybe beaten Life if he'd practiced super hard? Yeah, how about no. Lilbow's biggest mistake in this situation wasn't not practicing, but this after-the-fact rationalization and stream of excuses on social media. If you lose the games, that's fine, but he's doing an admirable job of doing away with people's respect for him as well. The games were poor because Life wanted to cheese and not because he hadn't practiced enough to fend off such rudimentary play? Please.

If he wasn't going to practice the least he could have done was study Life's play recently, he should have known that Life was going to cheese and he clearly didn't.
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
Ppjack
Profile Joined March 2015
Belgium489 Posts
November 02 2015 14:04 GMT
#8323
This community makes me sick. It is like everyone is happy to spit on Lilbow. I don't defend the attitude he had towards Blizzcon, I just understand and respect his choice.
I'am tired of reading bullshits towards foreigners all the time. TL and reddit are the same, I would say TL is even worse with the conservative korean-biased attitude in any situation.
I don't even know if I will buy Lotv. I like this game, but I don't enjoy being part of the community anymore.
<;o)
Magnifico
Profile Joined March 2013
1958 Posts
November 02 2015 14:06 GMT
#8324
It's funny how someone can hurt his public image so bad so fast.

People in esports should really use their brain before tweeting.
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 14:30:24
November 02 2015 14:17 GMT
#8325
On November 02 2015 23:04 Ppjack wrote:
This community makes me sick. It is like everyone is happy to spit on Lilbow. I don't defend the attitude he had towards Blizzcon, I just understand and respect his choice.
I'am tired of reading bullshits towards foreigners all the time. TL and reddit are the same, I would say TL is even worse with the conservative korean-biased attitude in any situation.
I don't even know if I will buy Lotv. I like this game, but I don't enjoy being part of the community anymore.

Don't overreact by just looking at the overreactions of others and generalize the whole community as being like that. Just directly respond to such a post if you must. Otherwise you'll just help discussions become stupid polarized shitfests.

I personally understand what Lilbow is saying but I wouldn't say I respect it. He made some disappointing decisions imo but I don't hate him. I'm sure lots of people in this community feel the same way.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
ddayzy
Profile Joined September 2014
259 Posts
November 02 2015 14:20 GMT
#8326
On November 02 2015 23:04 Ppjack wrote:
This community makes me sick. It is like everyone is happy to spit on Lilbow. I don't defend the attitude he had towards Blizzcon, I just understand and respect his choice.
I'am tired of reading bullshits towards foreigners all the time. TL and reddit are the same, I would say TL is even worse with the conservative korean-biased attitude in any situation.
I don't even know if I will buy Lotv. I like this game, but I don't enjoy being part of the community anymore.

Bitch plz, if you think this is the outcome anyone wanted you are mistaken. We were excited to see what Lillbow could do, people have cheered him on for a year an despite what some seem to think you as a player do owe your fans something. Without us what Lillbow is is a unemployed kid playing video games in his parents house. When he decided he could not be botterd in the biggest tournament this year he spit on the people cheering for him, the hardworking players he took a spot from and the tournament organizers which money he took without giving anything back.

Lillebow just made the most compelling case for there being no foreigners at Blizzcon. They are not as good as Koreans, they dont work as hard and apparently they don't care. So why should they get to go?
Gullis
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden740 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 15:01:15
November 02 2015 14:25 GMT
#8327
I totally get where Lilbow is comming from. While I do find it disappointing, it is no secret that that it is much easier for koreans to find practice and even if Lilbow would have found someone to practice with, the only real way to prepare against some one as good as Life is to play against Koreans.

He could have handled it way better twitter wise thought <.<

And I got the feeling that it was not only Lilbow that didn't practice, Zest for example didn't look like he cared at all the way he just sat there and smiled after the beat down he took from Innovation. Like Zest is good enough to compete for the best player in the world, there is no one he should be "ok" with loosing to, even Innovation. And I don't really blame him either (if that where to be the case)
The timing for this global final is just terrible, everyone is already looking at lotv.

But looking forward, I am really hyped to see Innovation vs Life and hero vs classic should be sweet as well.
Best possible final would imo be innovation vs sos, the two hottest players right now.

edit-
"I totally get where Lilbow is comming from" was a little to forgivingly put, "I don't think it was the right move but I understand" would be better.
I would rather eat than see my children starve.
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
November 02 2015 14:27 GMT
#8328
Maybe, Lilbow did a great thing for the whole SC2 community. Maybe, they will redesign the WCS to become a third reasonable competition for the best players without any stupid quotas. The intention to enable the best non-Koreans to succeed in a top competition was good, but after Lilbow's reaction (he doesn't try hard and he doesn't care), it is obvious that did not help them to become more competitive. And because it did not help even JD to qualify, I would be happy to say BYE BYE to the current version of WCS.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
Eiltonn
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany307 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 14:31:08
November 02 2015 14:30 GMT
#8329
On November 02 2015 23:04 Ppjack wrote:
This community makes me sick. It is like everyone is happy to spit on Lilbow. I don't defend the attitude he had towards Blizzcon, I just understand and respect his choice.
I'am tired of reading bullshits towards foreigners all the time. TL and reddit are the same, I would say TL is even worse with the conservative korean-biased attitude in any situation.
I don't even know if I will buy Lotv. I like this game, but I don't enjoy being part of the community anymore.



You do realise that there are many players training really hard to get a shot to go to Blizzcon while the WCS gives a skillwise worse player the chance to go there (because some people cheer by nationality instead of skill) and he is like "nah fuck it, got better stuff do to"? Then he proceeds to give poor excuses and goes on to blame the other player. There is absolutely fucking nothing to respect about this attitude. Also lol at people who are bitching about people bitching.
I <3 Mvp
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5652 Posts
November 02 2015 14:37 GMT
#8330
On November 02 2015 23:25 Gullis wrote:
I totally get where Lilbow is comming from. While I do find it disappointing, it is no secret that that it is much easier for koreans to find practice and even if Lilbow would have found someone to practice with, the only real way to prepare against some one as good as Life is to play against Koreans.

If he truly couldn't find worthy opponents for more than 2 games in 3 months, that speaks more of the European scene. Serral, Namshar and Zhugeliang for example were competing in HotS tournaments only a few weeks ago. Failing that, I'm sure he could've practiced against cheese this straightforward in the supposedly dead ladder though.
don't wall off against random
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
November 02 2015 14:42 GMT
#8331
On November 02 2015 21:19 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you


Could have maybe beaten Life if he'd practiced super hard? Yeah, how about no. Lilbow's biggest mistake in this situation wasn't not practicing, but this after-the-fact rationalization and stream of excuses on social media. If you lose the games, that's fine, but he's doing an admirable job of doing away with people's respect for him as well. The games were poor because Life wanted to cheese and not because he hadn't practiced enough to fend off such rudimentary play? Please.


Very well worded. Are you a TL writer?
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 02 2015 14:43 GMT
#8332
On November 02 2015 23:27 Diabolique wrote:
Maybe, Lilbow did a great thing for the whole SC2 community. Maybe, they will redesign the WCS to become a third reasonable competition for the best players without any stupid quotas. The intention to enable the best non-Koreans to succeed in a top competition was good, but after Lilbow's reaction (he doesn't try hard and he doesn't care), it is obvious that did not help them to become more competitive. And because it did not help even JD to qualify, I would be happy to say BYE BYE to the current version of WCS.

Uh? With the new system, a foreigner qualified for the Global Finals. That was Blizzard's goal, and it is attained.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
November 02 2015 14:48 GMT
#8333
Anyone seen Otherworld around sporting the Prime flair lately? ))

And yeah, I know my punishment's coming too, stupid Dream couldn't win another game, what?!

(Cheers from Parque National El Palmar, seemingly the only place with wifi in the whole of Entre Rios.)
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 02 2015 14:49 GMT
#8334
On November 02 2015 23:37 rotta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 23:25 Gullis wrote:
I totally get where Lilbow is comming from. While I do find it disappointing, it is no secret that that it is much easier for koreans to find practice and even if Lilbow would have found someone to practice with, the only real way to prepare against some one as good as Life is to play against Koreans.

If he truly couldn't find worthy opponents for more than 2 games in 3 months, that speaks more of the European scene. Serral, Namshar and Zhugeliang for example were competing in HotS tournaments only a few weeks ago. Failing that, I'm sure he could've practiced against cheese this straightforward in the supposedly dead ladder though.

Also, what stopped him from watching Kung Fu Cup to realise Life is a cheesy fuck vs Protoss?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 02 2015 14:51 GMT
#8335
Nice highlight video of Inno vs Zest, if somebody wants to watch a summary!

Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Jono7272
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom6330 Posts
November 02 2015 15:12 GMT
#8336
Innovation looking like a God amongst Men. The last Terran hope.
Innovation | Flash | Mvp | Byun | TY
zestzorb
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand776 Posts
November 02 2015 15:15 GMT
#8337
Just finished watching Life vs Lilbow vods...
That guy didn't go full foreigner.

He went full French.
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 15:16:33
November 02 2015 15:16 GMT
#8338
On November 02 2015 23:04 Ppjack wrote:
This community makes me sick. It is like everyone is happy to spit on Lilbow. I don't defend the attitude he had towards Blizzcon, I just understand and respect his choice.
I'am tired of reading bullshits towards foreigners all the time. TL and reddit are the same, I would say TL is even worse with the conservative korean-biased attitude in any situation.
I don't even know if I will buy Lotv. I like this game, but I don't enjoy being part of the community anymore.

I can understand the choice. He should just have been very quiet, telling he wasn't practicing much in the interview was already borderline, but that tweet afterwards was utterly stupid. Overall he only needed to follow Bunny's advice not to tweet after a loss and he wouldn't have gotten any flame. No one would have blamed him to lose and look directionless vs Life, who plays hardcore cheese vs P if he doesn't trust his opponent's abilities.
Diabolique
Profile Joined June 2015
Czech Republic5118 Posts
November 02 2015 15:18 GMT
#8339
On November 02 2015 23:43 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 23:27 Diabolique wrote:
Maybe, Lilbow did a great thing for the whole SC2 community. Maybe, they will redesign the WCS to become a third reasonable competition for the best players without any stupid quotas. The intention to enable the best non-Koreans to succeed in a top competition was good, but after Lilbow's reaction (he doesn't try hard and he doesn't care), it is obvious that did not help them to become more competitive. And because it did not help even JD to qualify, I would be happy to say BYE BYE to the current version of WCS.

Uh? With the new system, a foreigner qualified for the Global Finals. That was Blizzard's goal, and it is attained.

Blizzard's goal was to get a foreigner to the global finals so that the whole world can cheer for the foreign hope. Unfortunately, the result is that nobody will cheer for the foreign hope again. Even, people will stop watching WCS at all as they could see, it is on the level of some Olimo league ... And with decreasing viewership, also the sponsors' money will decrease. Amd without the money, there will be no WCS in the current form.
sOs | Rogue | Maru | Trap | Scarlett | Snute | MC
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
November 02 2015 15:21 GMT
#8340
On November 03 2015 00:18 Diabolique wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 23:43 OtherWorld wrote:
On November 02 2015 23:27 Diabolique wrote:
Maybe, Lilbow did a great thing for the whole SC2 community. Maybe, they will redesign the WCS to become a third reasonable competition for the best players without any stupid quotas. The intention to enable the best non-Koreans to succeed in a top competition was good, but after Lilbow's reaction (he doesn't try hard and he doesn't care), it is obvious that did not help them to become more competitive. And because it did not help even JD to qualify, I would be happy to say BYE BYE to the current version of WCS.

Uh? With the new system, a foreigner qualified for the Global Finals. That was Blizzard's goal, and it is attained.

Blizzard's goal was to get a foreigner to the global finals so that the whole world can cheer for the foreign hope. Unfortunately, the result is that nobody will cheer for the foreign hope again. Even, people will stop watching WCS at all as they could see, it is on the level of some Olimo league ... And with decreasing viewership, also the sponsors' money will decrease. Amd without the money, there will be no WCS in the current form.

I think this is the biggest problem. Having a foreign hope at the finals could have been great if he had at least put up some fight. Here everyone just felt disappointed and let down. Maybe people will just move on and cheer for Lilbow again if he qualifies for another Blizzcon, but I wouldn't be surprised it that kind of unprofessional off-hand attitude wasn't forgotten that easily.
Prev 1 415 416 417 418 419 423 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft452
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft452
RuFF_SC2 124
Nina 60
-ZergGirl 50
CosmosSc2 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2266
Artosis 561
yabsab 14
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto19
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1134
taco 407
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox652
Other Games
summit1g7319
JimRising 658
Day[9].tv466
C9.Mang0335
ViBE175
Maynarde154
WinterStarcraft136
Livibee132
Sick112
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1030
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP29
• Response 15
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv466
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 27m
Stellar Fest
10h 27m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.