• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:36
CEST 22:36
KST 05:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8334 users

[WCS] Global Finals - Day 1 2015 - Page 416

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 414 415 416 417 418 423 Next
The first match is scheduled to begin at 18:30 GMT (+00:00)
Strela
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands1896 Posts
November 02 2015 12:00 GMT
#8301
Damn the vods keep breaking for me after watching for a few minutes
gingerfluffmuff
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria4570 Posts
November 02 2015 12:00 GMT
#8302
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
+ Show Spoiler +
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you

I dont really understand, how a professional gamer isnt able to play vs early pools and cheese. Its like you learn all the variations one time and just execute it (you dont even have to play, you can just claculate all the worker/timing breakpoints with a program). He is training LotV, so the execution part should be a problem. Man, he makes it sound as if LotV was a fps and has zero things in common.

I guess thats the result of the W(elfare) CS.
・゚✧:・゚+..。✧・゚:・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚ ゜・:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING *・゜・:・゚✧:・゚✧。゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:・゜・:・゚✧::・・:・゚・゚
gingerfluffmuff
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria4570 Posts
November 02 2015 12:01 GMT
#8303
On November 02 2015 21:00 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
+ Show Spoiler +
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you

I dont really understand, how a professional gamer isnt able to play vs early pools and cheese. Its like you learn all the variations one time and just execute it (you dont even have to play, you can just claculate all the worker/timing breakpoints with a program). He is training LotV, so the execution part should not be a problem. Man, he makes it sound as if LotV was a fps and has zero things in common.

I guess thats the result of the W(elfare) CS.

・゚✧:・゚+..。✧・゚:・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚ ゜・:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING *・゜・:・゚✧:・゚✧。゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:・゜・:・゚✧::・・:・゚・゚
robson1
Profile Joined March 2013
3632 Posts
November 02 2015 12:02 GMT
#8304
On November 02 2015 20:41 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:23 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2015 20:20 RvB wrote:
On November 02 2015 19:35 Poisonskin wrote:
I can't believe I stayed up so late on a work night to watch somebody who didn't even practice for the biggest game of his Life*.

In my humble opinion this attitude is nothing short of disgraceful. If this was a serious sport he would be immediately dropped by his sponsors after his comments last night. Also, found this clumsy little comment on Reddit, gave me a laugh though -

Reinforcing the stereotype. The French gave up WWII because they were practicing for WWIII?


The pressure is on Lilbow. You'd better hope you do well enough in LotV to make up for this, I won't hold my breath.

*heh

Very disappointing indeed since this was the match I was most excited for. I expected Lilbow to lose by 3-0 but at least put up a fight. Losing like this while not having practised is very disrespectful to his fans.

I don't think Life is a lot better though. He cheesed 3 times in a row. I mean it's his right to do that and he won but he would've won in a macro game as well so why not at least try to make it a bit more exciting for the fans than this.

Life played to win, it's his right to do that. And he just went with the easiest way to win.

Yes I said that in my post as well. Doesn't make it a good thing.


Yes, it does make it good. Good god some people in e-sports have the weirdest notions about a competition. Imagine this line of logic in any other game.
"Ugh, Carlsen used an insanely aggressive opening in the chess World finals how ruuuude. I mean he won, but he didn't win honorably."
That's preposterous.

Foreigners need to finally get over this "honorable" playstyle bullshit. You play in a competition to win the competition. You adhere to the rules of the competition and try your best. Everything within the rules is fair game.
Genius is that funny scientist who no one takes seriously until he kills you with a flame throwing trumpet. - stuchiu 2013
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
November 02 2015 12:05 GMT
#8305
Maybe Millenium should consider picking up a Korean Zerg, (Z)Leenock and (Z)DongRaeGu come to mind.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
November 02 2015 12:09 GMT
#8306
On November 02 2015 21:00 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
+ Show Spoiler +
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you

I dont really understand, how a professional gamer isnt able to play vs early pools and cheese. Its like you learn all the variations one time and just execute it (you dont even have to play, you can just claculate all the worker/timing breakpoints with a program). He is training LotV, so the execution part should be a problem. Man, he makes it sound as if LotV was a fps and has zero things in common.


I guess thats the result of the W(elfare) CS.


Plus, if he thinks that he hadn't had a chance in the first place then why not give the spot to someone who actually would've put up a fight, like Hyun.

On November 02 2015 21:05 Penev wrote:
Maybe Millenium should consider picking up a Korean Zerg, (Z)Leenock and (Z)DongRaeGu come to mind.


I guess no team will pick up any players soon since most of them want to see how LotV will turn out in terms of popularity and such things...
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 02 2015 12:14 GMT
#8307
On November 02 2015 21:09 JoeCool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 21:00 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
+ Show Spoiler +
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you

I dont really understand, how a professional gamer isnt able to play vs early pools and cheese. Its like you learn all the variations one time and just execute it (you dont even have to play, you can just claculate all the worker/timing breakpoints with a program). He is training LotV, so the execution part should be a problem. Man, he makes it sound as if LotV was a fps and has zero things in common.


I guess thats the result of the W(elfare) CS.


Plus, if he thinks that he hadn't had a chance in the first place then why not give the spot to someone who actually would've put up a fight, like Hyun.

Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 21:05 Penev wrote:
Maybe Millenium should consider picking up a Korean Zerg, (Z)Leenock and (Z)DongRaeGu come to mind.


I guess no team will pick up any players soon since most of them want to see how LotV will turn out in terms of popularity and such things...

I think there is little risk in signing a new player for a one year contract. Even if LotV fails eventually it will be going stronger than HotS during 4 to 6 months, and then slowly decline, so a foreign team could benefit from having a Korean player on hired for one year.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
November 02 2015 12:15 GMT
#8308
On November 02 2015 21:09 JoeCool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 21:00 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
+ Show Spoiler +
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you

I dont really understand, how a professional gamer isnt able to play vs early pools and cheese. Its like you learn all the variations one time and just execute it (you dont even have to play, you can just claculate all the worker/timing breakpoints with a program). He is training LotV, so the execution part should be a problem. Man, he makes it sound as if LotV was a fps and has zero things in common.


I guess thats the result of the W(elfare) CS.


Plus, if he thinks that he hadn't had a chance in the first place then why not give the spot to someone who actually would've put up a fight, like Hyun.

Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 21:05 Penev wrote:
Maybe Millenium should consider picking up a Korean Zerg, (Z)Leenock and (Z)DongRaeGu come to mind.


I guess no team will pick up any players soon since most of them want to see how LotV will turn out in terms of popularity and such things...

Milenium has a decent roster but no Zergs to practice with besided (Z)MaddeLisk.
I guess this shows it's better to have all races covered in your team.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 12:17:16
November 02 2015 12:15 GMT
#8309
On November 02 2015 20:38 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Unsurprisingly, the PvP was the best match yet again.

Just start listening to me already.

I found much more enjoyment in Rain vs Polt tbh
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 02 2015 12:19 GMT
#8310
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
Show nested quote +
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you


Could have maybe beaten Life if he'd practiced super hard? Yeah, how about no. Lilbow's biggest mistake in this situation wasn't not practicing, but this after-the-fact rationalization and stream of excuses on social media. If you lose the games, that's fine, but he's doing an admirable job of doing away with people's respect for him as well. The games were poor because Life wanted to cheese and not because he hadn't practiced enough to fend off such rudimentary play? Please.
AdministratorBreak the chains
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 02 2015 12:21 GMT
#8311
On November 02 2015 20:39 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 14:11 stuchiu wrote:
Poll: What was the biggest letdown today?

Maru vs Rogue (34)
 
49%

Life vs Lilbow (20)
 
29%

Inno vs Zest (8)
 
11%

Classic vs ByuL (8)
 
11%

70 total votes

Your vote: What was the biggest letdown today?

(Vote): Inno vs Zest
(Vote): Life vs Lilbow
(Vote): Classic vs ByuL
(Vote): Maru vs Rogue



Wow I went to sleep finally after dreams match. How could Maru vs Rogue possibly be worse than Life vs Lilbow? :O

It was actually one of the more entertaining series of the day, that poll is wrong.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 12:24:54
November 02 2015 12:24 GMT
#8312
Rogue 3:0 ed Maru?? WTF
SHould i watch the games?

edit:
On November 02 2015 21:21 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:39 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On November 02 2015 14:11 stuchiu wrote:
Poll: What was the biggest letdown today?

Maru vs Rogue (34)
 
49%

Life vs Lilbow (20)
 
29%

Inno vs Zest (8)
 
11%

Classic vs ByuL (8)
 
11%

70 total votes

Your vote: What was the biggest letdown today?

(Vote): Inno vs Zest
(Vote): Life vs Lilbow
(Vote): Classic vs ByuL
(Vote): Maru vs Rogue



Wow I went to sleep finally after dreams match. How could Maru vs Rogue possibly be worse than Life vs Lilbow? :O

It was actually one of the more entertaining series of the day, that poll is wrong.

Okay!
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 02 2015 12:28 GMT
#8313
Checked the LR post, saw that Dream lost the final game to roach/bane, am not surprised at all.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
johnbongham
Profile Joined April 2014
451 Posts
November 02 2015 12:28 GMT
#8314
maru looked like he just wanted to go home.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 02 2015 12:41 GMT
#8315
On November 02 2015 21:24 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Rogue 3:0 ed Maru?? WTF
SHould i watch the games?

edit:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 21:21 The_Templar wrote:
On November 02 2015 20:39 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On November 02 2015 14:11 stuchiu wrote:
Poll: What was the biggest letdown today?

Maru vs Rogue (34)
 
49%

Life vs Lilbow (20)
 
29%

Inno vs Zest (8)
 
11%

Classic vs ByuL (8)
 
11%

70 total votes

Your vote: What was the biggest letdown today?

(Vote): Inno vs Zest
(Vote): Life vs Lilbow
(Vote): Classic vs ByuL
(Vote): Maru vs Rogue



Wow I went to sleep finally after dreams match. How could Maru vs Rogue possibly be worse than Life vs Lilbow? :O

It was actually one of the more entertaining series of the day, that poll is wrong.

Okay!

Fair warning, that's just my opinion. You might not enjoy it as much
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
November 02 2015 12:48 GMT
#8316
On November 02 2015 21:19 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you


Could have maybe beaten Life if he'd practiced super hard? Yeah, how about no. Lilbow's biggest mistake in this situation wasn't not practicing, but this after-the-fact rationalization and stream of excuses on social media. If you lose the games, that's fine, but he's doing an admirable job of doing away with people's respect for him as well. The games were poor because Life wanted to cheese and not because he hadn't practiced enough to fend off such rudimentary play? Please.

To me it's painful to read that the only non-Korean treats Blizzcon, the World Championships as just another event and not try his utmost best (to find practice partners). I understand what he's saying but he's missing the point as to why people are upset. The Life cheesed part is him digging an even deeper hole. It his him who needs a different point of view, not the other way around. At least that would be the smart thing to do.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
ddayzy
Profile Joined September 2014
259 Posts
November 02 2015 13:10 GMT
#8317
Lillbow needs to stp digging, he has allready made the foreign scene and himself seem like a complete joke.

First off, TLO stated on twitter that people were eilling to practice with him and help him and that he declined so that piss poor excuse goes out the door. I can't imagin the foreign scene being so unprofessional and bad that they would not take some time out of their day to help prepare the person representing them to the world.

This reflects so poorely on the foreign scene as a whole I'm suprised more pro players have not spoken out against him. I would like to see someone come up with a good argument to keep up the pitt party that is foreign WCS after this. The best player the foreign scene could find could not be botterd to practice or try and he is so bad he loses to progressivly sillyer cheeses. How can you argue for letting someone like that into the most prestigues SC2 tourny in the world over many koreans who practice and play there heart out to get there. And no, he did not deserve it and he had not earned it, he got in on a pitty quota. Had he played vs those Koreans who work hard to get where ther are he would never get this far. What a huge middlefinger to those guys. What a joke the foreign scene must be in Korea.

Trying to pretend this was Lifes fault because he cheesed is disgusting. In a tournament like this you want to give away as few strategies as possible and if your oponent is so bad he can't hold silly cheeses you just finish him. Lillebow was simply not worth Lifes time. He tested him on the first map, he failed. He did a sillier chees on the second and Lillbow failed. On the third he could no longer be botterd and Lillbow still failed. When you become a caricature of yourself and the stupidest stereotypes, surrendering etc, it's over.

This made me lose all faith in the foreign scene, if this is what it gives us it can just stop. We are a small group, about 20 people, and for us this was the last time watching foreign WCS. We are paying his sallary with our views and he acts like it is his right to show us the finger and real fanse, whatever that is, would not be mad about him showing them the finger.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 02 2015 13:14 GMT
#8318
Didn't expect Hydra to win, congrats!

Glad to see Rogue dominate even harder than I thought .
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 02 2015 13:24 GMT
#8319
On November 02 2015 21:19 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:37 Penev wrote:
Lilbows facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you


Could have maybe beaten Life if he'd practiced super hard? Yeah, how about no. Lilbow's biggest mistake in this situation wasn't not practicing, but this after-the-fact rationalization and stream of excuses on social media. If you lose the games, that's fine, but he's doing an admirable job of doing away with people's respect for him as well. The games were poor because Life wanted to cheese and not because he hadn't practiced enough to fend off such rudimentary play? Please.



Well he is basically saying, he prepared some stuff for Life, but could not show it, since it was over too fast and Life didn't even give him the chance. Now it looks like he didn't try at all, even if that's not true. The games could've looked just the same, even if he had prepared as much as possible during the last 2 months.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Eiltonn
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany307 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-02 13:57:59
November 02 2015 13:25 GMT
#8320
Well we had some good series yesterday, but the last two were a big letdown (i guess Zest too, but bogus ist just too sick lol).

Actually im a little pissed about Lilbows attitude, i mean he took one of the top 16 spots in the BIGGEST tournament of the year and he delivers simply nothing. Also his tweets are so whiny, he tries to blame the poor quality of the series on life cheesing. Lilbow pls...


Edit: Did anyone else have to think of the invincible nydus during Maru vs Rogue g2?
I <3 Mvp
Prev 1 414 415 416 417 418 423 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 544
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason23
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
Dewaltoss 114
firebathero 94
Zeus 69
Trap 39
910 30
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever232
Counter-Strike
edward432
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4096
Liquid`Hasu2130
Other Games
summit1g5946
B2W.Neo580
byalli512
shahzam418
ToD219
C9.Mang0166
KnowMe149
Railgan17
Chillindude14
Trikslyr9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 30
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 25m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 25m
Stellar Fest
16h 25m
Stellar Fest
16h 25m
Stellar Fest
16h 25m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.