• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8557 users

[IEM Season IX] Katowice - Day 2 - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 133 Next
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 13 2015 06:03 GMT
#101
Flash hype!
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
imrusty269
Profile Joined January 2014
United States1404 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-13 06:12:58
March 13 2015 06:06 GMT
#102
On March 13 2015 13:30 geokilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 05:54 Elentos wrote:
On March 13 2015 05:53 OtherWorld wrote:
On March 13 2015 05:41 geokilla wrote:
On March 13 2015 04:48 Caihead wrote:
On March 13 2015 04:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On March 13 2015 04:39 geokilla wrote:
I don't understand how these players all have a positive win percentage. I have never seen a player with negative win percentage for some reason..

How do you want a negative win percentage to be possible? O_o


Naniwa

Really though I think he's just talking about 50%

I am talking about 50% and under. Watching Proleague, GSL Code A, whatever, I don't think I've ever seen a player have below 50% win rate. Surely someone has a negative win percentage right?

Solar 0-6 round 1 PL.
FlaSh 1-6 R1 PL.
EffOrt was like 0-6 last season before he murdered every Terran in his path in the R3 playoffs.
Only one player from Prime had a >50% WR in last season of PL. So actually there are a whole bunch of players with a <50% WR in ProLeague. Now in individual leagues it's seen less often, mostly because if you want to make it through a qualifier you have to beat at least 4 other players, which impacts your WR pretty significantly (and even more so with KR players since they don't play in many online cups).

I think he means overall winrate for Proleague? Not sure <.<, but there are examples of that aswell, like DeParture who I already mentioned.

Yes I was talking about overall win rates against opponent races. Like the lifetime TvZ or TvP or TvT stat. Not just the win rate for the season or league. I guess I should have mentioned that? I mean, even foreigners seem to have a positive lifetime win rate. If that's the case, then who's in the negatives?!


It's survivor bias. The guys with negative lifetime win rates never get in your radar. It's similar to poker. All poker pros, even the bad ones, have positive lifetime winnings, otherwise they would not have played for a living. The losers are casual players who blow away all their chips for fun on Friday nights.

If you go to aligulac ranking, find people with rank 500 or lower. They have negative win rates, and only play a handful of matches that were put in aligulac database. They are the casual losers in SC2
Bbyong | MMA | Polt | Dream | Maru | Mvp
Zerg.Zilla
Profile Joined February 2012
Hungary5029 Posts
March 13 2015 06:13 GMT
#103
Expecting herO,Maru,Flash,Bbyong to advance...
(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) ~Keep calm and inject Larva~
jonich0n
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1982 Posts
March 13 2015 06:18 GMT
#104
I don't really care what happens in this tournament afterwards, but please Santa, all I want for Christmas is for Flash to beat Trap and play Fantasy in a bo5.

Since the moment I saw the bracket, this possible Flash v Fantasy series is what I've been getting especially hyped about, even with all the other great matchups and impressive field of players.
(>'.')>
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
March 13 2015 06:24 GMT
#105
On March 13 2015 15:06 imrusty269 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 13:30 geokilla wrote:
On March 13 2015 05:54 Elentos wrote:
On March 13 2015 05:53 OtherWorld wrote:
On March 13 2015 05:41 geokilla wrote:
On March 13 2015 04:48 Caihead wrote:
On March 13 2015 04:46 OtherWorld wrote:
On March 13 2015 04:39 geokilla wrote:
I don't understand how these players all have a positive win percentage. I have never seen a player with negative win percentage for some reason..

How do you want a negative win percentage to be possible? O_o


Naniwa

Really though I think he's just talking about 50%

I am talking about 50% and under. Watching Proleague, GSL Code A, whatever, I don't think I've ever seen a player have below 50% win rate. Surely someone has a negative win percentage right?

Solar 0-6 round 1 PL.
FlaSh 1-6 R1 PL.
EffOrt was like 0-6 last season before he murdered every Terran in his path in the R3 playoffs.
Only one player from Prime had a >50% WR in last season of PL. So actually there are a whole bunch of players with a <50% WR in ProLeague. Now in individual leagues it's seen less often, mostly because if you want to make it through a qualifier you have to beat at least 4 other players, which impacts your WR pretty significantly (and even more so with KR players since they don't play in many online cups).

I think he means overall winrate for Proleague? Not sure <.<, but there are examples of that aswell, like DeParture who I already mentioned.

Yes I was talking about overall win rates against opponent races. Like the lifetime TvZ or TvP or TvT stat. Not just the win rate for the season or league. I guess I should have mentioned that? I mean, even foreigners seem to have a positive lifetime win rate. If that's the case, then who's in the negatives?!


It's survivor bias. The guys with negative lifetime win rates never get in your radar. It's similar to poker. All poker pros, even the bad ones, have positive lifetime winnings, otherwise they would not have played for a living. The losers are casual players who blow away all their chips for fun on Friday nights.

If you go to aligulac ranking, find people with rank 500 or lower. They have negative win rates, and only play a handful of matches that were put in aligulac database. They are the casual losers in SC2

Yup, to illustrates that here are examples of KR players being with sub50% WR :
http://aligulac.com/players/1748-Nette/
http://aligulac.com/players/2560-TerrOr/
http://aligulac.com/players/5016-TANGTANG/
http://aligulac.com/players/2053-Zoun/
http://aligulac.com/players/5007-StuN/
And then there are some who are just flying less than 1,5% above the 50% line :
http://aligulac.com/players/1664-Shine/
http://aligulac.com/players/62-Shine/
http://aligulac.com/players/1517-Bunny/

You can see that most of them never did anything worthy of mention in individual leagues
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
xrayEU
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden571 Posts
March 13 2015 06:26 GMT
#106
Hyped for day2!

(T)Maru 3-1 (P)Patience
(T)Bbyong 2-3 (Z)Solar
(P)herO[jOin] 3-2 (T)Cure
(T)Flash 3-2 (P)Trap
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
March 13 2015 06:51 GMT
#107
3-1 so far. Thanks, Life.

(T)Maru 3 - 0 (P)Patience
(T)Bbyong 3 - 1 (Z)Solar
(T)Cure 3 - 2 (P)herO
(T)Flash 3 - 1 (P)Trap
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
TriZ
Profile Joined September 2012
Belgium379 Posts
March 13 2015 07:13 GMT
#108
On March 13 2015 15:51 Fionn wrote:
3-1 so far. Thanks, Life.

(T)Maru 3 - 0 (P)Patience
(T)Bbyong 3 - 1 (Z)Solar
(T)Cure 3 - 2 (P)herO
(T)Flash 3 - 1 (P)Trap


That seems like a lovely prediction for Terran fans. I like it.
Estancia
Profile Joined July 2011
Korea (South)335 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-13 07:37:31
March 13 2015 07:37 GMT
#109
(T)Maru 3 - 0 (P)Patience
(T)Bbyong 3 - 1 (Z)Solar
(P)herO 3 - 1 (T)Cure
(T)Flash 3 - 1 (P)Trap

Someone need to carry the protoss race, and that will be herO
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
March 13 2015 07:52 GMT
#110
(T)Maru 3-1 (P)Patience
(T)Bbyong 3-2 (Z)Solar
(P)herO 3-2 (T)Cure
(T)Flash 1-3 (P)Trap

Yep I have no faith in God.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
March 13 2015 08:02 GMT
#111
im disappointed flash's gif isn't him with a ruler
LoneYoShi
Profile Blog Joined June 2014
France1348 Posts
March 13 2015 08:36 GMT
#112
Bbyong looking good in that GIF, very cute smile ! FlaSh not looking impressed at all, same for Maru. Patience, Trap and Cure all look kinda nervous. herO seems nervous too, but also very focused (and unfortunately not smiling).

Btw, amazing OP's, congrats and thanks Lorning !

My predictions:
Maru 3-0 or 3-1 vs Patience, EZ.
Bbyong 3-1 or 3-2 Solar. Can't wait to see if Bbyongjwa has something special prepared, if Solar is out of his slump, etc.
herO 3-1 or 3-2 Cure. herO has the best PvT ihmo, I think he would be favored against any terran. Cure is good and could upset, but I don't see it happening. Maybe if he prepared really well...
FlaSh v Trap is gonna be close (I hope). Trap is playing super well lately, but FlaSh is God, and I'm a believer. FlaSh 3-2 or maybe 3-1 even.
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
March 13 2015 08:54 GMT
#113
Patience is going to destroy that cheese terran
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-13 09:00:51
March 13 2015 08:59 GMT
#114
All I really want is Solar to advance. Please.


EDIT:

Btw, those OP's are awesome, Lorning. First LR bonjwa?
LoneYoShi
Profile Blog Joined June 2014
France1348 Posts
March 13 2015 08:59 GMT
#115
On March 13 2015 17:54 Noonius wrote:
Patience is going to destroy that cheese terran


Looking at your signature, I'm really confused. How can you be both a terran lover and a Maru hater ? Maru embodies everything that is terran in sc2: crazy multitasking, amazing unit control, hyper aggressivity, etc
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-13 09:02:19
March 13 2015 09:00 GMT
#116
I expect mine drops. Many mine drops, with all kinds of different success rates.
On March 13 2015 17:59 LoneYoShi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 17:54 Noonius wrote:
Patience is going to destroy that cheese terran


Looking at your signature, I'm really confused. How can you be both a terran lover and a Maru hater ? Maru embodies everything that is terran in sc2: crazy multitasking, amazing unit control, hyper aggressivity, etc

I love Terran, for example, but Maru gets so much hype that I don't care about him that much, although I respect how good he is.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
LoneYoShi
Profile Blog Joined June 2014
France1348 Posts
March 13 2015 09:05 GMT
#117
On March 13 2015 18:00 Elentos wrote:
I expect mine drops. Many mine drops, with all kinds of different success rates.
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 17:59 LoneYoShi wrote:
On March 13 2015 17:54 Noonius wrote:
Patience is going to destroy that cheese terran


Looking at your signature, I'm really confused. How can you be both a terran lover and a Maru hater ? Maru embodies everything that is terran in sc2: crazy multitasking, amazing unit control, hyper aggressivity, etc

I love Terran, for example, but Maru gets so much hype that I don't care about him that much, although I respect how good he is.


Ok, that actually makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up !
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
March 13 2015 09:10 GMT
#118
On March 13 2015 18:05 LoneYoShi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 18:00 Elentos wrote:
I expect mine drops. Many mine drops, with all kinds of different success rates.
On March 13 2015 17:59 LoneYoShi wrote:
On March 13 2015 17:54 Noonius wrote:
Patience is going to destroy that cheese terran


Looking at your signature, I'm really confused. How can you be both a terran lover and a Maru hater ? Maru embodies everything that is terran in sc2: crazy multitasking, amazing unit control, hyper aggressivity, etc

I love Terran, for example, but Maru gets so much hype that I don't care about him that much, although I respect how good he is.


Ok, that actually makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up !

Well that's only my perspective, I'm thinking Noonius wouldn't even agree to that, considering he says he "hates" Maru and called him a "cheese terran" <.<.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
LoneYoShi
Profile Blog Joined June 2014
France1348 Posts
March 13 2015 09:12 GMT
#119
On March 13 2015 18:10 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2015 18:05 LoneYoShi wrote:
On March 13 2015 18:00 Elentos wrote:
I expect mine drops. Many mine drops, with all kinds of different success rates.
On March 13 2015 17:59 LoneYoShi wrote:
On March 13 2015 17:54 Noonius wrote:
Patience is going to destroy that cheese terran


Looking at your signature, I'm really confused. How can you be both a terran lover and a Maru hater ? Maru embodies everything that is terran in sc2: crazy multitasking, amazing unit control, hyper aggressivity, etc

I love Terran, for example, but Maru gets so much hype that I don't care about him that much, although I respect how good he is.


Ok, that actually makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up !

Well that's only my perspective, I'm thinking Noonius wouldn't even agree to that, considering he says he "hates" Maru and called him a "cheese terran" <.<.


Oh yeah I didn't realise you weren't him... -_-
I should really check people's ID more often ^^
I guess we'll see his point of view if/when he responds !
dehydrogenaza
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland122 Posts
March 13 2015 09:16 GMT
#120
TBH I hate these flashy over-the-top OPs :-P Especially the Results section is just form over function.

Anyway, previous day had better potential but somewhat failed to deliver (I don't mean the games were horrible, but not super memorable), so today maybe it will be the other way round and we'll have some amazing matches.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 133 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM988
TaKeTV 333
TKL 295
IndyStarCraft 204
BRAT_OK 100
ZombieGrub99
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 988
TKL 295
IndyStarCraft 204
MaxPax 166
BRAT_OK 100
ZombieGrub99
JuggernautJason50
Nathanias 33
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 625
ggaemo 166
White-Ra 149
firebathero 81
Barracks 75
910 47
Shine 45
Killer 26
Trap 22
yabsab 7
Counter-Strike
Fnx 762
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0164
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9038
Liquid`Hasu1973
crisheroes1779
Trikslyr70
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi5220
summit1g4722
singsing1318
Beastyqt819
shahzam447
B2W.Neo339
ArmadaUGS123
KnowMe123
UpATreeSC68
Pyrionflax36
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream429
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 181
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 19
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade858
Other Games
• imaqtpie543
• Shiphtur348
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 6m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.