• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:42
CEST 06:42
KST 13:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8877 users

[WCS AM] Ro16 Group C Season 3 2014 - Page 27

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 73 Next
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
September 10 2014 00:07 GMT
#521
On September 10 2014 09:06 Shellshock wrote:
Macro HuK

Say it ain't so.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
September 10 2014 00:07 GMT
#522
On September 10 2014 09:04 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:03 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:02 brickrd wrote:
when terran casters call 15 pool "early pool" it annoys me a lot

Falls under the same bit of calling any gate an early gate. Just kind of casting syntax, nice and early just sounds better to the untrained ear than, "at the normal time"

i tend to think anyone who watches pro starcraft can understand "15 pool" or "13 gate" just fine but to each his own. or even just "pool opener"


But someone who doesn't watch StarCraft is going to be really confused by the difference between a 4-gate, 8-gate and 10-gate .
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
September 10 2014 00:07 GMT
#523
On September 10 2014 09:05 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:04 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
Well, Check is no Check, I will say that. #2010.

For some reason the game between CheckPrime and MVPVampire (Super) on Belshir Beach sticks out in my head from GSTL. It was completely unremarkable (Vampire went for a double stargate build a bunch of void rays and Check read him like a book and made queens and spores and crushed him) but I remember it so vividly for some reason

I just remember watching his replays in my bronze days and being so taken back, like I was looking at something so amazing. This was when SC2casts.com was still probably the best source of casts, and replays were well hard to come by.

I don't think I had ever seen that many queens at that point. Of course that was long before the queen buff

I maintain Zerg has the best units, it just takes Zerg a bit longer to figure out how to abuse the shit out of them.

See Swarm Host, Mutalisk, Infestor and Queen for further elaboration.
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
September 10 2014 00:07 GMT
#524
On September 10 2014 09:07 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:04 brickrd wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:02 brickrd wrote:
when terran casters call 15 pool "early pool" it annoys me a lot

Falls under the same bit of calling any gate an early gate. Just kind of casting syntax, nice and early just sounds better to the untrained ear than, "at the normal time"

i tend to think anyone who watches pro starcraft can understand "15 pool" or "13 gate" just fine but to each his own. or even just "pool opener"


But someone who doesn't watch StarCraft is going to be really confused by the difference between a 4-gate, 8-gate and 10-gate .

i dont really care that much? it annoys me, it doesnt have to annoy anyone else, thats pretty much the end of my story
TL+ Member
Killbydeath
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada13 Posts
September 10 2014 00:08 GMT
#525
On September 10 2014 09:06 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:05 Killbydeath wrote:
I haven't watch SC2 in a long time, (T)WhO are the casters? I don't recognise any of the (T)Voices -_- and it does't (T)Sound like (P)RotterdaM like this thread seems to tell.

(T)qxc (T)nathanias

lol i TLPD-ized the entire quote by accident but im leaving it because its hilarious


haha thank you! glad to hear qxc got into casting :D always loved the guy!
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
September 10 2014 00:08 GMT
#526
On September 10 2014 09:07 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:06 Shellshock wrote:
Macro HuK

Say it ain't so.

From what we saw, he doesn't have much to fear.
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
September 10 2014 00:08 GMT
#527
On September 10 2014 09:07 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:04 brickrd wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:02 brickrd wrote:
when terran casters call 15 pool "early pool" it annoys me a lot

Falls under the same bit of calling any gate an early gate. Just kind of casting syntax, nice and early just sounds better to the untrained ear than, "at the normal time"

i tend to think anyone who watches pro starcraft can understand "15 pool" or "13 gate" just fine but to each his own. or even just "pool opener"


But someone who doesn't watch StarCraft is going to be really confused by the difference between a 4-gate, 8-gate and 10-gate .

Whenever they say they're doing a ten gate opener i think they're making 10 gateways.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
September 10 2014 00:09 GMT
#528
On September 10 2014 09:08 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:07 Fanatic-Templar wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:04 brickrd wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:02 brickrd wrote:
when terran casters call 15 pool "early pool" it annoys me a lot

Falls under the same bit of calling any gate an early gate. Just kind of casting syntax, nice and early just sounds better to the untrained ear than, "at the normal time"

i tend to think anyone who watches pro starcraft can understand "15 pool" or "13 gate" just fine but to each his own. or even just "pool opener"


But someone who doesn't watch StarCraft is going to be really confused by the difference between a 4-gate, 8-gate and 10-gate .

Whenever they say they're doing a ten gate opener i think they're making 10 gateways.

you cant not pool as zerg
TL+ Member
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
September 10 2014 00:09 GMT
#529
On September 10 2014 09:07 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:05 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:04 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
Well, Check is no Check, I will say that. #2010.

For some reason the game between CheckPrime and MVPVampire (Super) on Belshir Beach sticks out in my head from GSTL. It was completely unremarkable (Vampire went for a double stargate build a bunch of void rays and Check read him like a book and made queens and spores and crushed him) but I remember it so vividly for some reason

I just remember watching his replays in my bronze days and being so taken back, like I was looking at something so amazing. This was when SC2casts.com was still probably the best source of casts, and replays were well hard to come by.

I don't think I had ever seen that many queens at that point. Of course that was long before the queen buff

I maintain Zerg has the best units, it just takes Zerg a bit longer to figure out how to abuse the shit out of them.

See Swarm Host, Mutalisk, Infestor and Queen for further elaboration.


Terrans took an eternity to figure out that Hellions (before blue flame was nerfed!) and Ghosts (before Snipe was nerfed!) were good, because there was never a problem that couldn't be fixed with Marines.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
September 10 2014 00:10 GMT
#530
On September 10 2014 09:07 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:05 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:04 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
Well, Check is no Check, I will say that. #2010.

For some reason the game between CheckPrime and MVPVampire (Super) on Belshir Beach sticks out in my head from GSTL. It was completely unremarkable (Vampire went for a double stargate build a bunch of void rays and Check read him like a book and made queens and spores and crushed him) but I remember it so vividly for some reason

I just remember watching his replays in my bronze days and being so taken back, like I was looking at something so amazing. This was when SC2casts.com was still probably the best source of casts, and replays were well hard to come by.

I don't think I had ever seen that many queens at that point. Of course that was long before the queen buff

I maintain Zerg has the best units, it just takes Zerg a bit longer to figure out how to abuse the shit out of them.

See Swarm Host, Mutalisk, Infestor and Queen for further elaboration.

The muatlisks are definitely the most fun (in my opinion, I have a lot of fun with them).
What are the most fun units of each race now that I think about it?
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
September 10 2014 00:10 GMT
#531
Is the ingame sound proxied through a potato?
hundred thousand krouner
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
September 10 2014 00:10 GMT
#532
Ok, the 3 cannons to sub for a stargate is Huk's undoing here. SG doesn't take that long to come online.
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
September 10 2014 00:10 GMT
#533
This is already over. No way you can win with stalkers vs mutas like this.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 10 2014 00:11 GMT
#534
On September 10 2014 09:10 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:07 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:05 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:04 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
Well, Check is no Check, I will say that. #2010.

For some reason the game between CheckPrime and MVPVampire (Super) on Belshir Beach sticks out in my head from GSTL. It was completely unremarkable (Vampire went for a double stargate build a bunch of void rays and Check read him like a book and made queens and spores and crushed him) but I remember it so vividly for some reason

I just remember watching his replays in my bronze days and being so taken back, like I was looking at something so amazing. This was when SC2casts.com was still probably the best source of casts, and replays were well hard to come by.

I don't think I had ever seen that many queens at that point. Of course that was long before the queen buff

I maintain Zerg has the best units, it just takes Zerg a bit longer to figure out how to abuse the shit out of them.

See Swarm Host, Mutalisk, Infestor and Queen for further elaboration.

The muatlisks are definitely the most fun (in my opinion, I have a lot of fun with them).
What are the most fun units of each race now that I think about it?

Hellions are fun. You can transform them and they can kill all the workers in the world. Phoenixes are pretty fun I guess, but I've always loved archons
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
September 10 2014 00:11 GMT
#535
On September 10 2014 09:10 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:07 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:05 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:04 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
Well, Check is no Check, I will say that. #2010.

For some reason the game between CheckPrime and MVPVampire (Super) on Belshir Beach sticks out in my head from GSTL. It was completely unremarkable (Vampire went for a double stargate build a bunch of void rays and Check read him like a book and made queens and spores and crushed him) but I remember it so vividly for some reason

I just remember watching his replays in my bronze days and being so taken back, like I was looking at something so amazing. This was when SC2casts.com was still probably the best source of casts, and replays were well hard to come by.

I don't think I had ever seen that many queens at that point. Of course that was long before the queen buff

I maintain Zerg has the best units, it just takes Zerg a bit longer to figure out how to abuse the shit out of them.

See Swarm Host, Mutalisk, Infestor and Queen for further elaboration.

The muatlisks are definitely the most fun (in my opinion, I have a lot of fun with them).
What are the most fun units of each race now that I think about it?

I like blink for toss, Muta for Z, and probably tanks for T.

Fun as shit to control, always fun to pull your opponent all about, and tanks just splode stuff.
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
September 10 2014 00:11 GMT
#536
On September 10 2014 09:10 Zheryn wrote:
Is the ingame sound proxied through a potato?

no one has gone proxy potato since like 2011
TL+ Member
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
September 10 2014 00:11 GMT
#537
This is such a WoL response to mutas -_-
Moderator
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
September 10 2014 00:11 GMT
#538
On September 10 2014 09:10 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:07 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:05 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:04 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
Well, Check is no Check, I will say that. #2010.

For some reason the game between CheckPrime and MVPVampire (Super) on Belshir Beach sticks out in my head from GSTL. It was completely unremarkable (Vampire went for a double stargate build a bunch of void rays and Check read him like a book and made queens and spores and crushed him) but I remember it so vividly for some reason

I just remember watching his replays in my bronze days and being so taken back, like I was looking at something so amazing. This was when SC2casts.com was still probably the best source of casts, and replays were well hard to come by.

I don't think I had ever seen that many queens at that point. Of course that was long before the queen buff

I maintain Zerg has the best units, it just takes Zerg a bit longer to figure out how to abuse the shit out of them.

See Swarm Host, Mutalisk, Infestor and Queen for further elaboration.

The muatlisks are definitely the most fun (in my opinion, I have a lot of fun with them).
What are the most fun units of each race now that I think about it?


High Templar. Storm EVERYTHING.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
KingofdaHipHop
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United States25602 Posts
September 10 2014 00:11 GMT
#539
On September 10 2014 09:11 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2014 09:10 KingofdaHipHop wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:07 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:05 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:04 ThomasjServo wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:03 Darkhorse wrote:
On September 10 2014 09:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
Well, Check is no Check, I will say that. #2010.

For some reason the game between CheckPrime and MVPVampire (Super) on Belshir Beach sticks out in my head from GSTL. It was completely unremarkable (Vampire went for a double stargate build a bunch of void rays and Check read him like a book and made queens and spores and crushed him) but I remember it so vividly for some reason

I just remember watching his replays in my bronze days and being so taken back, like I was looking at something so amazing. This was when SC2casts.com was still probably the best source of casts, and replays were well hard to come by.

I don't think I had ever seen that many queens at that point. Of course that was long before the queen buff

I maintain Zerg has the best units, it just takes Zerg a bit longer to figure out how to abuse the shit out of them.

See Swarm Host, Mutalisk, Infestor and Queen for further elaboration.

The muatlisks are definitely the most fun (in my opinion, I have a lot of fun with them).
What are the most fun units of each race now that I think about it?

Hellions are fun. You can transform them and they can kill all the workers in the world. Phoenixes are pretty fun I guess, but I've always loved archons

Blink stalkers are really fun too. I could never control Phoenixes for my life. I don't think I've made like any hellions in my lifetime.
Rain | herO | sOs | Dear | Neeb | ByuN | INnoVation | Dream | ForGG | Maru | ByuL | Golden | Solar | Soulkey | Scarlett!!!
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
September 10 2014 00:11 GMT
#540
Huk with the 2012 defense.
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2072
Snow 124
Bale 30
NaDa 26
Noble 15
Icarus 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
Counter-Strike
taco 523
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1484
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1125
WinterStarcraft617
Other Games
summit1g7966
JimRising 638
PiGStarcraft297
C9.Mang0165
ArmadaUGS163
Maynarde139
Sick109
ViBE76
Livibee14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick641
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki145
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota294
League of Legends
• Lourlo1304
• Rush1026
• Stunt317
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 18m
OSC
8h 18m
Stellar Fest
8h 18m
OSC
19h 18m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.