• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:43
CEST 15:43
KST 22:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War95.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11764 users

[IEM] Season IX - Toronto Day 1 - Page 67

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 157 Next
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
August 28 2014 22:07 GMT
#1321
On August 29 2014 07:02 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:01 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Has there ever been a player that got better on EG? It's a bit sad.

Suppy!


Puma, Xeno, Idra (arguably)

Huk and Stephano both won major tournaments as EG players...
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
August 28 2014 22:07 GMT
#1322
On August 29 2014 07:06 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:06 Yorkie wrote:


Snute confirmed the Mike Chang of Starcraft

TL Pro's Twitter reduced to porn banners in one fell tweet.

Pornhub confirmed TL's next mainsponsor
Neosteel Enthusiast
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
August 28 2014 22:07 GMT
#1323
On August 29 2014 07:03 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:02 Darkhorse wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:02 ThomasjServo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:01 Pandemona wrote:
herO randomly starting to cry??
Errm has Coach Park just told him if he loses he getting kicked out of CJ entus or something?!

He just realized he is like the fire nation during an eclipse today.

I watched all of Korra last week and I am on ATLA this week. Fun times

Why would you watch Korra before Aang

I mean I had already watched AtLA but after I watched Korra I wanted to watch it again #teamZuko
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
August 28 2014 22:07 GMT
#1324
On August 29 2014 07:04 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:03 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 06:59 Daralii wrote:
On August 29 2014 06:58 dravernor wrote:
Random questions but did they take corruptors out of HotS?

It was something they planned on back when the expansion was first unveiled, but they couldn't come up with a way to make a more interesting unit fill their niche.

Them getting redesigned or removed is pretty high up there on my LotV wishlist.

Ah, thanks. I have been out of the loop for far too long. I liked WoL as it was.


As much as I hate Swarm Hosts I much prefer HoTS PvZ to WoL PvZ.

Archon Vortex vs Broodlord Infestor has to be the stupidest match up dynamic I've ever seen. Even Swarm Host Siege Tank stalemates are more fun to watch than that bull shit was.

I dunno, I never really got the hang of the HotS units. Even when I play every now and then now I still avoid HotS units and die a lot.
<3
Jazzman88
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada2228 Posts
August 28 2014 22:07 GMT
#1325
On August 29 2014 07:06 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:03 Jazzman88 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:03 Vindicare605 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:00 geokilla wrote:
Just got home. Lol Jaedong lost to HuK? What?

It is a strange day in Starcraft, some kind of eclipse or allignment of planets has rendered Koreans unable to win.


Eh, considering who's waiting for these guys in the Group stage I really don't think it matters in the long run if some kind of strange celestial event is happening today.

If this shit continues into tomorrow? Then I'll start flipping some tables.


Why? The day when foreigners have progressed in their training and habits to consistently compete with the Korean superpowers is something we've longed for since Starcraft came onto the competitive scene.


"Consistently compete" is the key phrase. A couple upsets in a single tournament featuring KESPA players does not qualify.

I will admit that European foreigners in particular have gotten pretty damn good at fighting the Koreans that most commonly show up in events like Hyun, Stardust and jjajki.

But to think that Snute or Huk can go toe to toe with GSL Koreans consistently? I don't see it.


With Bunny, Snute, and Scarlett doing as well as they have been, I think the day is closer than it has ever been.
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-28 22:08:11
August 28 2014 22:07 GMT
#1326
On August 29 2014 07:07 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:06 ThomasjServo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:06 Yorkie wrote:
https://twitter.com/TeamLiquidPro/status/505112796288147457

Snute confirmed the Mike Chang of Starcraft

TL Pro's Twitter reduced to porn banners in one fell tweet.

Pornhub confirmed TL's next mainsponsor

You porn was after teams for a hot minute. They wanted a CM storm type agreement though.
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
August 28 2014 22:07 GMT
#1327
On August 29 2014 07:07 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:06 ThomasjServo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:06 Yorkie wrote:
https://twitter.com/TeamLiquidPro/status/505112796288147457

Snute confirmed the Mike Chang of Starcraft

TL Pro's Twitter reduced to porn banners in one fell tweet.

Pornhub confirmed TL's next mainsponsor

Then EG gets the YouPorn sponsorship to continue the TL vs EG rivalry.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
August 28 2014 22:07 GMT
#1328
On August 29 2014 07:04 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:03 Lorning wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:02 Darkhorse wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:02 ThomasjServo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:01 Pandemona wrote:
herO randomly starting to cry??
Errm has Coach Park just told him if he loses he getting kicked out of CJ entus or something?!

He just realized he is like the fire nation during an eclipse today.

I watched all of Korra last week and I am on ATLA this week. Fun times

Why would you watch Korra before Aang


I mean I'd maybe recommend someone to watch it in that order cause from what I hear ATLA is better.

they're different idk which is better
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
August 28 2014 22:07 GMT
#1329
On August 29 2014 07:04 Pandemona wrote:
Aww poor herO he looks really sad
Wonder whats wrong, is he that disappointed with the last game or is he feeling tired or something? Hmmm

Maybe he realized now that top foreigners aren't 10 levels lower (BW memories?)?
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
August 28 2014 22:08 GMT
#1330
On August 29 2014 07:06 Yorkie wrote:
https://twitter.com/TeamLiquidPro/status/505112796288147457

Snute confirmed the Mike Chang of Starcraft

lol
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
August 28 2014 22:08 GMT
#1331
On August 29 2014 07:07 dravernor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:04 Vindicare605 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:03 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 06:59 Daralii wrote:
On August 29 2014 06:58 dravernor wrote:
Random questions but did they take corruptors out of HotS?

It was something they planned on back when the expansion was first unveiled, but they couldn't come up with a way to make a more interesting unit fill their niche.

Them getting redesigned or removed is pretty high up there on my LotV wishlist.

Ah, thanks. I have been out of the loop for far too long. I liked WoL as it was.


As much as I hate Swarm Hosts I much prefer HoTS PvZ to WoL PvZ.

Archon Vortex vs Broodlord Infestor has to be the stupidest match up dynamic I've ever seen. Even Swarm Host Siege Tank stalemates are more fun to watch than that bull shit was.

I dunno, I never really got the hang of the HotS units. Even when I play every now and then now I still avoid HotS units and die a lot.

roach ling aggression into muta against toss on ladder all day

when you're not playing herO it works pretty well
TL+ Member
Cheren
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States2911 Posts
August 28 2014 22:08 GMT
#1332
On August 29 2014 07:06 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:03 Jazzman88 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:03 Vindicare605 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:00 geokilla wrote:
Just got home. Lol Jaedong lost to HuK? What?

It is a strange day in Starcraft, some kind of eclipse or allignment of planets has rendered Koreans unable to win.


Eh, considering who's waiting for these guys in the Group stage I really don't think it matters in the long run if some kind of strange celestial event is happening today.

If this shit continues into tomorrow? Then I'll start flipping some tables.


Why? The day when foreigners have progressed in their training and habits to consistently compete with the Korean superpowers is something we've longed for since Starcraft came onto the competitive scene.


"Consistently compete" is the key phrase. A couple upsets in a single tournament featuring KESPA players does not qualify.

I will admit that European foreigners in particular have gotten pretty damn good at fighting the Koreans that most commonly show up in events like Hyun, Stardust and jjajki.

But to think that Snute or Huk can go toe to toe with GSL Koreans consistently? I don't see it.


Foreigners overperform in tournaments like this where you can't prepare for opponents since they mostly play ladder and underperform in WCS and GSL. Same with Koreans who don't live in team houses and mostly ladder like Taeja.

So it mostly just depends on the tournament.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
August 28 2014 22:08 GMT
#1333
On August 29 2014 07:07 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:07 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:06 ThomasjServo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:06 Yorkie wrote:
https://twitter.com/TeamLiquidPro/status/505112796288147457

Snute confirmed the Mike Chang of Starcraft

TL Pro's Twitter reduced to porn banners in one fell tweet.

Pornhub confirmed TL's next mainsponsor

Then EG gets the YouPorn sponsorship to continue the TL vs EG rivalry.

EG has been sponsored by porn sites for awhile don't you remember that Incontrol pic? :D
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Nirel
Profile Joined September 2011
Israel1526 Posts
August 28 2014 22:08 GMT
#1334
On August 29 2014 07:06 Yorkie wrote:
https://twitter.com/TeamLiquidPro/status/505112796288147457

Snute confirmed the Mike Chang of Starcraft

I rofld :D
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
August 28 2014 22:08 GMT
#1335
On August 29 2014 07:08 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:07 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:04 Vindicare605 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:03 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 06:59 Daralii wrote:
On August 29 2014 06:58 dravernor wrote:
Random questions but did they take corruptors out of HotS?

It was something they planned on back when the expansion was first unveiled, but they couldn't come up with a way to make a more interesting unit fill their niche.

Them getting redesigned or removed is pretty high up there on my LotV wishlist.

Ah, thanks. I have been out of the loop for far too long. I liked WoL as it was.


As much as I hate Swarm Hosts I much prefer HoTS PvZ to WoL PvZ.

Archon Vortex vs Broodlord Infestor has to be the stupidest match up dynamic I've ever seen. Even Swarm Host Siege Tank stalemates are more fun to watch than that bull shit was.

I dunno, I never really got the hang of the HotS units. Even when I play every now and then now I still avoid HotS units and die a lot.

roach ling aggression into muta against toss on ladder all day

when you're not playing herO it works pretty well

11 Min Roach max erry day.
Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
August 28 2014 22:08 GMT
#1336
On August 29 2014 07:03 Fusilero wrote:
So it's bunny vs huk in bracket 1, when was the last time a foreigner got through an IEM open bracket?


Probably IEM Sao Paolo, where the Open Bracket was 100% Brazillians and one Korean got through anyway.
The world is better when every background has a chance.
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
August 28 2014 22:09 GMT
#1337
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
August 28 2014 22:09 GMT
#1338
On August 29 2014 07:07 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:04 stuchiu wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:03 Lorning wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:02 Darkhorse wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:02 ThomasjServo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:01 Pandemona wrote:
herO randomly starting to cry??
Errm has Coach Park just told him if he loses he getting kicked out of CJ entus or something?!

He just realized he is like the fire nation during an eclipse today.

I watched all of Korra last week and I am on ATLA this week. Fun times

Why would you watch Korra before Aang


I mean I'd maybe recommend someone to watch it in that order cause from what I hear ATLA is better.

they're different idk which is better


one had toph and iroh, the other didnt.
Moderator
dravernor
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
Netherlands6192 Posts
August 28 2014 22:09 GMT
#1339
On August 29 2014 07:08 brickrd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:07 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:04 Vindicare605 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:03 dravernor wrote:
On August 29 2014 06:59 Daralii wrote:
On August 29 2014 06:58 dravernor wrote:
Random questions but did they take corruptors out of HotS?

It was something they planned on back when the expansion was first unveiled, but they couldn't come up with a way to make a more interesting unit fill their niche.

Them getting redesigned or removed is pretty high up there on my LotV wishlist.

Ah, thanks. I have been out of the loop for far too long. I liked WoL as it was.


As much as I hate Swarm Hosts I much prefer HoTS PvZ to WoL PvZ.

Archon Vortex vs Broodlord Infestor has to be the stupidest match up dynamic I've ever seen. Even Swarm Host Siege Tank stalemates are more fun to watch than that bull shit was.

I dunno, I never really got the hang of the HotS units. Even when I play every now and then now I still avoid HotS units and die a lot.

roach ling aggression into muta against toss on ladder all day

when you're not playing herO it works pretty well

I'm still muta + ling + bling all matchups all day. Or else roach hydra ultra all the way. It doesn't work very well.
<3
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
August 28 2014 22:09 GMT
#1340
On August 29 2014 07:07 Jazzman88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2014 07:06 Vindicare605 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:03 Jazzman88 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:03 Vindicare605 wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:01 ThomasjServo wrote:
On August 29 2014 07:00 geokilla wrote:
Just got home. Lol Jaedong lost to HuK? What?

It is a strange day in Starcraft, some kind of eclipse or allignment of planets has rendered Koreans unable to win.


Eh, considering who's waiting for these guys in the Group stage I really don't think it matters in the long run if some kind of strange celestial event is happening today.

If this shit continues into tomorrow? Then I'll start flipping some tables.


Why? The day when foreigners have progressed in their training and habits to consistently compete with the Korean superpowers is something we've longed for since Starcraft came onto the competitive scene.


"Consistently compete" is the key phrase. A couple upsets in a single tournament featuring KESPA players does not qualify.

I will admit that European foreigners in particular have gotten pretty damn good at fighting the Koreans that most commonly show up in events like Hyun, Stardust and jjajki.

But to think that Snute or Huk can go toe to toe with GSL Koreans consistently? I don't see it.


With Bunny, Snute, and Scarlett doing as well as they have been, I think the day is closer than it has ever been.


I'm not discrediting the fact that those guys have been playing pretty damn well.

But are they as threatening as Naniwa, Huk, Jinro or Stephano ever were at their primes? To that I say no.

The gap widened pretty significantly when WoL became HoTS. Is it narrowing again? Perhaps, but it's still pretty big.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 157 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 329
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37191
Calm 7747
Bisu 2038
Rain 1776
Jaedong 1149
Horang2 624
FanTaSy 614
BeSt 538
Larva 367
Rush 348
[ Show more ]
Soma 304
Light 297
Stork 287
Snow 184
Zeus 181
ZerO 161
Barracks 139
Free 115
910 91
Mind 86
Killer 72
Mong 62
Hyun 49
ToSsGirL 38
Pusan 34
Shinee 34
NaDa 29
Aegong 26
Terrorterran 20
Hm[arnc] 16
Sexy 16
sorry 16
Rock 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7212
XaKoH 374
Counter-Strike
fl0m2788
olofmeister873
Other Games
gofns32399
singsing2312
B2W.Neo862
hiko354
Lowko353
crisheroes302
Mlord235
Hui .154
Livibee117
RotterdaM100
djWHEAT92
Mew2King79
DeMusliM47
QueenE40
Trikslyr16
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4146
• Jankos2630
• TFBlade648
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 17m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 17m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.