On May 17 2014 20:48 GumBa wrote:
Also funnily enough every german I know loves Asterix
Also funnily enough every german I know loves Asterix
Speaking of Germans, Asterix and the Goths is hilarious.
| Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments |
|
aZealot
New Zealand5447 Posts
On May 17 2014 20:48 GumBa wrote: Also funnily enough every german I know loves Asterix Speaking of Germans, Asterix and the Goths is hilarious. | ||
|
Lorning
Belgica34432 Posts
| ||
|
sharkie
Austria18752 Posts
| ||
|
Phredxor
New Zealand15076 Posts
| ||
|
oo_Wonderful_oo
The land of freedom23126 Posts
NEVER DOUBT THE CHAMPION. | ||
|
| ||
|
Phredxor
New Zealand15076 Posts
| ||
|
GumBa
United Kingdom31935 Posts
On May 17 2014 20:49 DarkLordOlli wrote: Show nested quote + On May 17 2014 20:45 aZealot wrote: On May 17 2014 20:43 GumBa wrote: On May 17 2014 20:40 aZealot wrote: On May 17 2014 20:36 GumBa wrote: On May 17 2014 20:35 aZealot wrote: On May 17 2014 20:33 GumBa wrote: On May 17 2014 20:32 Lorning wrote: On May 17 2014 20:32 GumBa wrote: On May 17 2014 20:29 Lorning wrote: [quote] I'm pretty sure is Nexoxen, just like the plural of Colossus is Coloxen Lorning confirmed Latin bonjwa veni vedi vici etc etc Alea acta est or something Alea jacta est. Commonly translated as, the dice is cast, but perhaps better translated as, let the dice fly high. Learnt that from Asterix as a child lol Asterix is awesome! The quote is based on what Caesar said when he crossed the Rubicon into Italy, and rebellion. Asterix was like one of my favourite things as a kid and even now. Yeah learnt all about Caesar later on but Asterix first introduced me to it lol :D Oh yeah, I still enjoy reading Asterix. Especially now that I'm older and understand a lot of the clever allusions and references a lot more. But, the puns remain as good as ever. That said, I only really like the older Asterix stories written by Goscinny. The series was never the same after Goscinny's death as Uderzo, IMO, is not in the same class as a writer. Yeah, definitely. It's still good but Goscinny was simply brilliant I have all the Goscinny comics and have never read the new ones maybe. I will give them a try | ||
|
GreenMash
Norway1746 Posts
| ||
|
Muffloe
Sweden6061 Posts
![]() | ||
|
JabuSeika
United States607 Posts
| ||
|
ramask2
Thailand1024 Posts
| ||
|
Aeromi
France14463 Posts
| ||
|
negativedge
4279 Posts
| ||
|
GumBa
United Kingdom31935 Posts
On May 17 2014 20:50 aZealot wrote: Show nested quote + On May 17 2014 20:48 GumBa wrote: Also funnily enough every german I know loves Asterix Speaking of Germans, Asterix and the Goths is hilarious. Yep! Dat civil war xD | ||
|
walsh_walsh
United States200 Posts
| ||
|
Zealously
East Gorteau22261 Posts
| ||
|
KingofdaHipHop
United States25602 Posts
| ||
|
usopsama
6502 Posts
| ||
|
Swisslink
2958 Posts
| ||
| ||
Sparkling Tuna Cup
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs MilkiCowLIVE!
[ Submit Event ] |
StarCraft: Brood War Bisu Dota 2Jaedong EffOrt BeSt actioN Soma Killer Horang2 ZerO Pusan [ Show more ] Counter-Strike Heroes of the Storm Other Games Organizations Other Games Dota 2 StarCraft: Brood War
StarCraft 2 StarCraft: Brood War League of Legends |
|
PiGosaur Cup
Kung Fu Cup
The PondCast
Replay Cast
CranKy Ducklings
Online Event
FEL
AI Arena Tournament
BSL: Ladder Tournament
Sparkling Tuna Cup
[ Show More ] BSL Open Qualifier
BSL Open Qualifier
WardiTV Weekly
|
|
|