• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8513 users

[ASUS ROG] Winter Group Stages - Page 114

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 118 Next
What's on? Check the STREAM GUIDE
SpunXtain20
Profile Joined January 2014
Australia554 Posts
January 31 2014 23:15 GMT
#2261
I've never seen a tournament use Bo5's in pool play, I can't imagine this is good for the players and is probably leading to some poor matches due to fatigue . . . I mean Taeja has played 23 games today, Snute played 20, Jaedong played 20, etc etc. That's a lot of high pressure matches in just one day.
*Hugs all* | I came here to drink milk and kick asses, and I've just finished my milk.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
January 31 2014 23:15 GMT
#2262
On February 01 2014 08:09 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:08 Heartland wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:07 Lorning wrote:
No hate to Snute, but it feels just so good seeing a swarmhosting zerg die


You're just so disgustingly protoss biased.

That must be it!


Swarmhosts never are a problem for any other race. Only Protoss.

+ Show Spoiler +
And people without enough siege tanks.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
gingerfluffmuff
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria4570 Posts
January 31 2014 23:16 GMT
#2263
On February 01 2014 08:15 SpunXtain20 wrote:
I've never seen a tournament use Bo5's in pool play, I can't imagine this is good for the players and is probably leading to some poor matches due to fatigue . . . I mean Taeja has played 23 games today, Snute played 20, Jaedong played 20, etc etc. That's a lot of high pressure matches in just one day.

At least it guarantees that no foreigners get through :D.
・゚✧:・゚+..。✧・゚:・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚ ゜・:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING *・゜・:・゚✧:・゚✧。゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:・゜・:・゚✧::・・:・゚・゚
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
January 31 2014 23:16 GMT
#2264
On February 01 2014 08:13 geokilla wrote:
Taeja lost to dear?!?! NOOO

Now that Mouz has a korean as well, it was only logical, that he continues the history of beating TL.
ThePlagueJG
Profile Joined May 2013
Sweden1010 Posts
January 31 2014 23:16 GMT
#2265
On February 01 2014 08:15 SpunXtain20 wrote:
I've never seen a tournament use Bo5's in pool play, I can't imagine this is good for the players and is probably leading to some poor matches due to fatigue . . . I mean Taeja has played 23 games today, Snute played 20, Jaedong played 20, etc etc. That's a lot of high pressure matches in just one day.


I'm gonna be that guy, but the amount of games played shouldn't kill them if they have a good practice schedule, but I do understand that the times may become late and some players play a lot worse then.
ThorZaIN | NaNiwa | SaSe | PartinG | sOs | Jaedong | sOs restored passion!
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 31 2014 23:16 GMT
#2266
On February 01 2014 08:15 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:14 Zealously wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:12 Serinox wrote:
As a Liquid fan and especially a HerO fan, this tournament day makes me actually feel sick.
I'm feeling like I might throw up soon


Rally behind an actual Code S level team like StarTale.

Hah!


Prime has 0 players in Code S, ST has 4. Come again?
AdministratorBreak the chains
DJHelium
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden13480 Posts
January 31 2014 23:17 GMT
#2267
On February 01 2014 08:15 SpunXtain20 wrote:
I've never seen a tournament use Bo5's in pool play, I can't imagine this is good for the players and is probably leading to some poor matches due to fatigue . . . I mean Taeja has played 23 games today, Snute played 20, Jaedong played 20, etc etc. That's a lot of high pressure matches in just one day.


I agree with this. Bo5 play is great if you have only one or two matches that day, but a long tournament like this and it will lead to worse play.

Also there's the point that it's harder to diversify in a bo5 series on the fly. I think it's better suited for GSL style formats and the finals.
#1 player in the world atm: J-god | Follow me on twitter! @DJHelium
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
January 31 2014 23:17 GMT
#2268
On February 01 2014 08:16 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:15 Lorning wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:14 Zealously wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:12 Serinox wrote:
As a Liquid fan and especially a HerO fan, this tournament day makes me actually feel sick.
I'm feeling like I might throw up soon


Rally behind an actual Code S level team like StarTale.

Hah!


Prime has 0 players in Code S, ST has 4. Come again?


Call us when StarTale is in Proleague.

+ Show Spoiler +
Yeah, so what?
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
January 31 2014 23:17 GMT
#2269
On February 01 2014 08:16 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:15 Lorning wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:14 Zealously wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:12 Serinox wrote:
As a Liquid fan and especially a HerO fan, this tournament day makes me actually feel sick.
I'm feeling like I might throw up soon


Rally behind an actual Code S level team like StarTale.

Hah!


Prime has 0 players in Code S, ST has 4. Come again?

But Prime is in PL. The only league that counts.
Community News
TL+ Member
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
January 31 2014 23:18 GMT
#2270
On February 01 2014 08:16 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:15 Lorning wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:14 Zealously wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:12 Serinox wrote:
As a Liquid fan and especially a HerO fan, this tournament day makes me actually feel sick.
I'm feeling like I might throw up soon


Rally behind an actual Code S level team like StarTale.

Hah!


Prime has 0 players in Code S, ST has 4. Come again?


He lives!
But yeah, ST has a strong presence in Code S so far, nothing to scoff at.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
SpunXtain20
Profile Joined January 2014
Australia554 Posts
January 31 2014 23:18 GMT
#2271
On February 01 2014 08:08 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:07 SpunXtain20 wrote:
Wow, okay I'm in Australia so I just woke up. . .

What the heck is going on at this tournament?
A) Why is every match a Bo5 in pool play, that's so dumb and probably exhausting players. . . in my opinion.

B) HUGE upsets?? SortOf beat Taeja and Serral took him to 3-2? Welmu beat life? Then Welmu took out Alicia and is ahead vs Patience? Dear and Taeja lost to Stardust? That's massive.

Looks like Welmu is having an incredible tournament and Taeja having a terrible tournament. Stardust very impressive too. What's going on here?

The only thing missing is obnoxious polls


+ Show Spoiler +
Poll: Lorning requires additional...

Cuddles (2)
 
40%

Polls (2)
 
40%

Pylons (1)
 
20%

Friendship bracelets (0)
 
0%

5 total votes

Your vote: Lorning requires additional...

(Vote): Cuddles
(Vote): Pylons
(Vote): Friendship bracelets
(Vote): Polls



It's good to see someone like Welmu bust out his moves again. But, in the end, unsurprising that the Ro8 is all Korean... perhaps a bit surprising WHICH Koreans are in it though.
*Hugs all* | I came here to drink milk and kick asses, and I've just finished my milk.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
January 31 2014 23:18 GMT
#2272
On February 01 2014 08:17 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:16 Zealously wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:15 Lorning wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:14 Zealously wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:12 Serinox wrote:
As a Liquid fan and especially a HerO fan, this tournament day makes me actually feel sick.
I'm feeling like I might throw up soon


Rally behind an actual Code S level team like StarTale.

Hah!


Prime has 0 players in Code S, ST has 4. Come again?

But Prime is in PL. The only league that counts.

And nobly sitting in last place. Does that count really?
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
gingerfluffmuff
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria4570 Posts
January 31 2014 23:19 GMT
#2273
I think acer just should buy up ST and Prime.
・゚✧:・゚+..。✧・゚:・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚ ゜・:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING *・゜・:・゚✧:・゚✧。゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:・゜・:・゚✧::・・:・゚・゚
Zheryn
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3653 Posts
January 31 2014 23:19 GMT
#2274
Hope to see Dear vs Life in the grand final. Spent 12 hours watching sc2 today, hopefully I'll have time for a ladder game or two tomorrow ^^
hundred thousand krouner
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
January 31 2014 23:19 GMT
#2275
On February 01 2014 08:18 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:17 Lorning wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:16 Zealously wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:15 Lorning wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:14 Zealously wrote:
On February 01 2014 08:12 Serinox wrote:
As a Liquid fan and especially a HerO fan, this tournament day makes me actually feel sick.
I'm feeling like I might throw up soon


Rally behind an actual Code S level team like StarTale.

Hah!


Prime has 0 players in Code S, ST has 4. Come again?

But Prime is in PL. The only league that counts.

And nobly sitting in last place. Does that count really?


More than sitting nobly out.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
January 31 2014 23:20 GMT
#2276
On February 01 2014 08:19 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
I think acer just should buy up ST and Prime.


They can't afford it, they are already spending too much on RoBogus's maintenance costs and anti-protoss system upgrades.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 31 2014 23:20 GMT
#2277
On February 01 2014 08:19 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
I think acer just should buy up ST and Prime.


Not sure why they'd spend money on a team of championship players and bunch of teenagers doing model shoots?
AdministratorBreak the chains
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
January 31 2014 23:21 GMT
#2278
On February 01 2014 08:20 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:19 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
I think acer just should buy up ST and Prime.


Not sure why they'd spend money on a team of championship players and bunch of teenagers doing model shoots?

Champions in being salty as fuck after Las Vegas?
Community News
TL+ Member
gingerfluffmuff
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria4570 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-31 23:21:38
January 31 2014 23:21 GMT
#2279
On February 01 2014 08:20 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:19 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
I think acer just should buy up ST and Prime.


Not sure why they'd spend money on a team of championship players and bunch of teenagers doing model shoots?

Just thought when RoBogus (lol Destruction) is coming online again, he could them teach how to play sc2.
・゚✧:・゚+..。✧・゚:・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚ ゜・:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING *・゜・:・゚✧:・゚✧。゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:・゜・:・゚✧::・・:・゚・゚
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
January 31 2014 23:21 GMT
#2280
On February 01 2014 08:20 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2014 08:19 gingerfluffmuff wrote:
I think acer just should buy up ST and Prime.


Not sure why they'd spend money on a team of championship players and bunch of teenagers doing model shoots?


It would be a most distressing thing all around on these forums if ST and Prime were to somehow merge together. How would the bitter arguing friendly banter continue?

It would be not unlike if the Yankees and Red Sox were to become one team.

+ Show Spoiler +
Ewwwwwww. I feel unclean.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Prev 1 112 113 114 115 116 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE110
CosmosSc2 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 584
Artosis 528
910 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever495
League of Legends
JimRising 548
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5583
Liquid`Hasu1202
Other Games
summit1g7528
shahzam560
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS90
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
57m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 57m
Stellar Fest
13h 57m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.