• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:18
CEST 11:18
KST 18:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6367 users

[GSTL] Playoffs Azubu vs StarTale Match 2 Season 2 - Page 18

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
ladysman09
Profile Joined June 2013
237 Posts
November 20 2013 14:33 GMT
#341
Looks like lifes zvz is back to top championship form
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 20 2013 15:22 GMT
#342
On November 20 2013 20:03 VKCA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 20:00 Shellshock wrote:
On November 20 2013 19:59 VKCA wrote:
life only person on startale to win a game in the playoffs, bomber never played a game.................................

Bomber is in New York

I know I'm saying fuck this shit
remember last season, where genius got a four kill in the playoffs, then decided to fuckoff and play eu quals the next day during zubu's next match?
it's such bull, I'm tired of teams loosing because one of their core players is off playing individual competitions

I mean, I realize there's not much to be done about it but I still find it frustrating

Well Bomber picking up a win here wouldn't have given them the win.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
November 20 2013 15:53 GMT
#343
On November 21 2013 00:22 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 20:03 VKCA wrote:
On November 20 2013 20:00 Shellshock wrote:
On November 20 2013 19:59 VKCA wrote:
life only person on startale to win a game in the playoffs, bomber never played a game.................................

Bomber is in New York

I know I'm saying fuck this shit
remember last season, where genius got a four kill in the playoffs, then decided to fuckoff and play eu quals the next day during zubu's next match?
it's such bull, I'm tired of teams loosing because one of their core players is off playing individual competitions

I mean, I realize there's not much to be done about it but I still find it frustrating

Well Bomber picking up a win here wouldn't have given them the win.


Who knows. If bomber played instead of avenge/pet/panic/hack he could have turned it into a 2-3 for azubu, giving curious a chance to tie the series and take it to the ace match. And bomber/Life are both capable of taking the ace match
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
November 20 2013 16:14 GMT
#344
Based on how the games were today, StarTale was completely capable of winning today. Avenge and Hack were both in pretty good positions to take their games which could have forced it to an ace. Supernova may have bopped Life yesterday but it's not like it would happen every time they meet. The AZUBU players definitely made the right moves to take the games were they were in disadvantageous positions, but it really felt like the StarTale players made so many mistakes that they shouldn't have made.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
November 20 2013 16:44 GMT
#345
It's good that Azubu and Axiom-Acer are the two teams in the finals. They have been the two best teams this GSTL (though admittedly that's not saying much). Hell, Startale couldn't even manage a 50% winrate during the regular season.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
November 20 2013 16:46 GMT
#346
Yeah, they've definitely the two best teams this season. I'm just wondering how much of a chance AZUBU stands. I mean, they have several good players but INnoVation and MMA have been playing pretty well lately and the rest of the supporting cast is nothing to scoff at. I guess if SuperNova has a really good day he could step up and take both out. I just don't know if a zerg heavy team can stand up to those two without getting some help.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
HeadlessWonder
Profile Joined January 2013
United States1096 Posts
November 20 2013 17:14 GMT
#347
I think that Azubu needs to win the all-kill match. I just think it would be easier for someone like Symbol, SuNo, B4 (I believe!) to get on a mad hot streak. I don't like Azubu's chances of going 6 deep vs AA. I think Azubu fielded their best 6 players against ST, but would Center be favored against anyone on AA's roster? or B4? I think if Azubu want to win, either Symbol or SuNo have to win multiple games (maybe both of them) in the all-kill round and then one of them have to win the tiebreaking ace match.

Basically, I'm hopeful for the Azubu win, but I'm not exactly optimistic.
CIS Doto
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
November 20 2013 17:21 GMT
#348
Late but,

ZUUUUBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>o<;
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
November 20 2013 20:56 GMT
#349
this GSTL is the most predictable thing ever, other than soul's complete failure.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-20 21:12:05
November 20 2013 21:10 GMT
#350
On November 21 2013 05:56 Dodgin wrote:
this GSTL is the most predictable thing ever, other than soul's complete failure.


idk

I thought Startale would actually dominate this season now that IM and MVP are gone. I didn't expect them to crash and burn come round 2.

Azubu was also arguably the weakest team on paper considering they came into this season with the losses of San and Genius, which seemingly left them with Supernova and Symbol to do all the work. I didn't count on Patience being halfway decent and B4 no longer being useless. Then they got Ragnarok on top of it.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
November 20 2013 21:11 GMT
#351
you're not factoring in the STchoke
HeadlessWonder
Profile Joined January 2013
United States1096 Posts
November 20 2013 21:18 GMT
#352
On November 21 2013 06:10 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 05:56 Dodgin wrote:
this GSTL is the most predictable thing ever, other than soul's complete failure.


Azubu was also arguably the weakest team on paper considering they came into this season with the losses of San and Genius, which seemingly left them with Supernova and Symbol to do all the work. I didn't count on Patience being halfway decent and B4 no longer being useless. Then they got Ragnarok on top of it.


Also, out-of-the-blue-Code-S Sleep.
CIS Doto
Greendotz
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2053 Posts
November 20 2013 22:40 GMT
#353
On November 21 2013 01:44 Bagration wrote:
It's good that Azubu and Axiom-Acer are the two teams in the finals. They have been the two best teams this GSTL (though admittedly that's not saying much). Hell, Startale couldn't even manage a 50% winrate during the regular season.


Kind of ironic how at the begining of the first GSTL this year they were pegged as the weakest teams (with the exception of NSH) and now they're the only real power houses left in the eSF.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
November 20 2013 22:41 GMT
#354
Grats to Azubu! sad for startale
Moderatorlickypiddy
Crot4le
Profile Joined June 2013
England2927 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-21 01:47:03
November 21 2013 01:46 GMT
#355
On November 21 2013 02:14 HeadlessWonder wrote:
I think that Azubu needs to win the all-kill match. I just think it would be easier for someone like Symbol, SuNo, B4 (I believe!) to get on a mad hot streak. I don't like Azubu's chances of going 6 deep vs AA. I think Azubu fielded their best 6 players against ST, but would Center be favored against anyone on AA's roster? or B4? I think if Azubu want to win, either Symbol or SuNo have to win multiple games (maybe both of them) in the all-kill round and then one of them have to win the tiebreaking ace match.

Basically, I'm hopeful for the Azubu win, but I'm not exactly optimistic.


AxiomAcer will crush Azubu if the matches in regular season are anything to go by.
Massive fan of Axiom eSports | Crotale#992 | Twitter: @Crot4le
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
November 21 2013 02:10 GMT
#356
Azubu: 7

StarTale: 0
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
November 21 2013 06:34 GMT
#357
I'm not even gonna watch the VODs, Startale always seems to struggle so much in the GSTL, it's depressing.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
November 21 2013 06:59 GMT
#358
On November 21 2013 15:34 Sumahi wrote:
I'm not even gonna watch the VODs, Startale always seems to struggle so much in the GSTL, it's depressing.


You're the new pre HotS IM
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
November 21 2013 07:07 GMT
#359
On November 21 2013 05:56 Dodgin wrote:
this GSTL is the most predictable thing ever, other than soul's complete failure.

I didn't expect Startale to go on a six-game skid to end their season (I expected them to be routed by Azubu in the playoffs after what happened in Round 2, though), nor did I expect AxiomAcer to dominate so badly.
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
November 21 2013 07:16 GMT
#360
On November 21 2013 15:59 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2013 15:34 Sumahi wrote:
I'm not even gonna watch the VODs, Startale always seems to struggle so much in the GSTL, it's depressing.


You're the new pre HotS IM


Naw, IM at least won a GSTL before becoming IMdisappoint for awhile
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 175
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1247
Bisu 833
Soma 278
hero 181
HiyA 98
EffOrt 89
Pusan 57
ZerO 37
Killer 34
sorry 29
[ Show more ]
Mong 25
Bale 24
Sharp 19
Rush 14
Terrorterran 12
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Shinee 6
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Counter-Strike
edward49
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft796
crisheroes485
Other Games
gofns37300
olofmeister1127
singsing1071
ceh9588
Livibee212
Pyrionflax125
ArmadaUGS37
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream546
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH346
• StrangeGG 36
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2378
League of Legends
• Rush1400
• Jankos1350
• Stunt423
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
42m
Afreeca Starleague
42m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 42m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.