• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:37
CEST 21:37
KST 04:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8549 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2013 Day 1 - Page 889

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 887 888 889 890 891 1234 Next
Let's cut down on the excessive hashtagging in this thread. This isn't Twitter.

Please don't "500!" on page 500 (and similar comments)

non twitch stream: http://eu.battle.net/blizzcon/en/live-stream/
sninja
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland207 Posts
November 09 2013 01:04 GMT
#17761
On November 09 2013 09:59 Davkaus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 09:57 Kerence wrote:
On November 09 2013 09:54 Penguinator wrote:
Naniwa loses, viewership drops by 10k... and people think that Koreans dominating the SC2 scene isn't a problem, lol

It's really late in Europe, so it's not really worthwhile to draw any conclusions from that. A lot of people probably just stayed for the Naniwa-game and would have gone to bed anyway no matter what happened.



Maybe. I don't think we'll see it top the 90-95k we saw during Nani's game, even in the final. A lot of people just watch to see foreigners play. We shall see.


That might be true, but those 10k ppl that dropped are not 'that real' fans anyway, rather like people who play sc2 for a week, then dota2, then lol, then cod and then some bloody other shit.

And what the hell is the grand idea behind the whole foreigner thing? Yeah that is a foreigner so what? He lost, he was clearly worse and koreans are obviously better. It's not like koreans are some super humans competing in an unfair competition (like a race between a snail and a dog) Koreans train harder, so they are better. Plain and simple.

Ohh and quality over quantity when it comes to fanbase.
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
November 09 2013 01:04 GMT
#17762
On November 09 2013 10:02 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 10:00 dutchfriese wrote:
On November 09 2013 10:00 Noocta wrote:
Did we hit 100k viewership today ?
Because I'm not confident this will go any higher with the results we had so far



It's at 100ki right now, doubt it will go much higher for today. Maybe more will tune in for JD.


I wouldn't count stream 1 + stream 2 personally


we have hit 123 k on twitch
[image loading]

+ Blizz stream its probably around 150k

Pretty sure this will not go higher since Europeans are slowly going to sleep.
RIP MKP
jakethesnake
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada4948 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17763
On November 09 2013 10:04 Zealously wrote:
Guys because MMA was eliminated there'll only be 20k viewers tomorrow

I know because I have insider ESPORT info


Unless Alive wins. Then it will be over 400K to watch the face of starcraft clean house.
Community Newsjjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji nshoseo.jpg
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17764
On November 09 2013 10:03 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 10:03 Tobblish wrote:
On November 09 2013 10:01 Shellshock wrote:
On November 09 2013 10:01 Bagration wrote:
Alright, I guess I'll root for Woongjin and SouL now. KESPA! KESPA!

Soul is eSF but IM, MVP, and Prime are KeSPA


Mind blown.. Keen the elephant!


I SEe we're still at the eSF versus KeSPA thing hue. o;


I think it just got renewed because of the new recruits to the KeSPA team
The curse is real
marcesr
Profile Joined June 2008
Germany1383 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17765
On November 09 2013 10:03 Arceus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 09:59 ninjamyst wrote:
lost almost 20k viewers now right?

Man this is weird. Its like most people stop watching WOrld Cup after Tunisia is out. But I will stay for some Brazil v Germany


Even for someone from Vietnam there should be a bigger difference between Tunisia, Brazil and Germany than between only Koreans.
Jazzman88
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada2228 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17766
I'm super sad for Taeja. Feels like his mental state just wasn't there today - somewhat like how Naniwa, Ret and Artosis on Meta were saying Dear beat Soulkey in S3 because he was the only one who wasn't afraid of him, I feel that Taeja was just a little bit skittish of Dear and his prowess in the matchup.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17767
I guess I should have gotten food during the break. Now I'm worried about leaving and missing parts of the games
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46506 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17768
On November 09 2013 10:03 LimitSEA wrote:
ALRIGHT LADIES. TIME FOR THE KING.

[image loading]


[image loading]
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17769
On November 09 2013 10:05 jakethesnake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 10:04 Zealously wrote:
Guys because MMA was eliminated there'll only be 20k viewers tomorrow

I know because I have insider ESPORT info


Unless Alive wins. Then it will be over 400K to watch the face of starcraft clean house.

what face?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Latto
Profile Joined April 2011
235 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17770
I wish Dear had a better ID... I personally think Dear is one of the worst/weakest ID's in SC2, and like we saw at Toronto finals the ID Dear is near impossible to chant/cheer for. This is one of the very rare times when I advocate a change in ID's.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17771
good try Taeja. We'll have to see if Maru is up to the challenge. Or if Duckdeok pulls the miracle PvP
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-09 01:08:24
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17772
On November 09 2013 10:03 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 09:57 NarutO wrote:
On November 09 2013 09:54 bourne117 wrote:
On November 09 2013 09:52 NarutO wrote:
On November 09 2013 09:52 bourne117 wrote:
Really annoying hearing all these people who watched the SK Naniwa series and thinking Dear crushed Taeja


? What is annoying...
Dear crushed TaeJa and SK won pretty convincingly

Out of curiosity did you watch the series? Because that most certainly did not happen.


First game was complete destruction. It was over in 12 minutes without a chance.
Second game - Frost - was a bad start for TaeJa with 5 barracks against Templar opening, yet he cought Dear pretty much offguard and actually could and should have won, yet he made big mistakes being offguard on his own, dying to storms / feedback
Third game - only really good game of the series. Taeja played well and won
Fourth game - once again, scouted immortal allin... got way too eager and wanted to push after it was held. Got dismanteled and raped after. His base-trady decision and killing the natural doesn't make the game less dominating from Dears point.

So yes, I would say it was pretty clear domination.

So by your own admission Taeja won a game, could have won a game (and imo should have) out of four games and got crushed?

Pisses me off about LRs, similar to HerO vs sOs it was high quality Starcraft with one guy prevailing. Maybe not by razor-thin margins but not a call for 'crushed' or 'outclassed'. Feel it does a disservice to the losing pros who put up a good show and played some good games.


Yes I believe losing a game when an allin build fails because you are doing huge mistakes is being crushed. The other person is not supposed to win it. Also, the wins of Dear (1+3) were very convincing, while the win TaeJa got could have easily be a defeat as well and was a victory because Dear did stand in the open for a very long time.

Yes I believe a 3-1 can be crushing while a 4-0 doesn't need to be crushing all the time. Its not just about the score, but also the games. I believe Dear was showing that he was superior to TaeJa and you could cleary tell that from the games.


Edit: To add, I really don't care wether a honest opinion pisses you off or not. For a TaeJa standard, it was crushed. He is a brilliant player and so I have high hopes of him. I am well aware he cannot win everything, but he didn't perform to his level today and yes, he got crushed as much as you hate it. I am a Taeja fan myself, but I also like Dear so I don't mind as
much.

Edit2: I do not insult Taeja with that comment. I am pretty sure he would be the first person to be insanely critical with his play today.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
KristofferAG
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway25712 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17773
I took a toilet break and come back to 50 new pages what.

They're showcasing ABathur for Heroes. Infests friendly heroes and attacks from within/shields the friendly hero. Can deep tunnel across the map. Cool.
@KristofferAG | http://vestkyststoy.bandcamp.com | last.fm/user/KristofferAG
Excelle
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden200 Posts
November 09 2013 01:05 GMT
#17774
On November 09 2013 10:04 Zealously wrote:
Guys because MMA was eliminated there'll only be 20k viewers tomorrow

I know because I have insider ESPORT info


Okey how come they just said on the other stream that naniwas game vs some korean had the highest viewer count at game 2?.. guess they forgot about MMA...
Starcraft2
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
November 09 2013 01:06 GMT
#17775
On November 09 2013 10:03 liberate71 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 10:01 felisconcolori wrote:
On November 09 2013 10:00 liberate71 wrote:
On November 09 2013 09:58 MonkSEA wrote:
On November 09 2013 09:56 ninjamyst wrote:
I bet most the viewers there don't even know the players that are left. SOS? Who the hell is that? Duckdeok? wtf. This is sad....


Wtf? You didn't watch any of the player intros, or follow any of the scene outside of America? Quit spouting bullshit.


Seriously... there are a lot of people really being immature about this.

There are heaps of fan favourites left, but because the one that isn't korean is out - its a boring bunch of robots.

pathetic, e-sports doesnt need vaguely interested whiners.


aka, "bloody casuals".


It's not even that, its quite easy to be casual at something without being vocally obnoxious about things you dont understand because "youre casual".


hmm... so how about "asshole casuals that don't care enough to know who the best players are because they're not foreigners"?

I don't care. THE GAMES WILL BE GOOD. And I do know these players, because FUCK YEAH MVP. Captain America Polt too. The Tyrant Jaedong. And some other guy.

All good games coming up, keep the hype alive, keep watching!

Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
November 09 2013 01:06 GMT
#17776
On November 09 2013 10:04 Zealously wrote:
Guys because MMA was eliminated there'll only be 20k viewers tomorrow

I know because I have insider ESPORT info

Damn same inside info that says that GOMTV have over 20million viewers on the GOM stream?
The curse is real
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
November 09 2013 01:06 GMT
#17777
On November 09 2013 10:05 Shellshock wrote:
I guess I should have gotten food during the break. Now I'm worried about leaving and missing parts of the games


It's alright, you and stuchio seem to think the outcome of this next series is all but decided.

^^.

"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Coolhwip
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden1381 Posts
November 09 2013 01:06 GMT
#17778
On November 09 2013 10:03 VisonKai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 10:03 Arceus wrote:
On November 09 2013 09:59 ninjamyst wrote:
lost almost 20k viewers now right?

Man this is weird. Its like most people stop watching WOrld Cup after Tunisia is out. But I will stay for some Brazil v Germany


Well, except most people aren't from Tunisia. It's more like when the USA is out.

Noone gives a shit about USA in the worldcup m8
crack
Negius
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands290 Posts
November 09 2013 01:06 GMT
#17779
Mvp next!!! Slay that huge elephant and bring home the victory!

Inb4 Jaedong 3-0's Mvp... please, god, no....
[Terran] mvp | maru | innovation | mma [Protoss] mc | squirtle [Zerg] nestea | soo
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
November 09 2013 01:06 GMT
#17780
On November 09 2013 10:06 Qwyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2013 10:05 Shellshock wrote:
I guess I should have gotten food during the break. Now I'm worried about leaving and missing parts of the games


It's alright, you and stuchio seem to think the outcome of this next series is all but decided.

^^.


I liquibetted Jaedong
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Prev 1 887 888 889 890 891 1234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 535
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota60
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3966
Other Games
FrodaN979
Beastyqt515
Liquid`Hasu313
Khaldor249
olofmeister187
Livibee184
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 123
ZombieGrub66
QueenE50
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK6
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 24
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra413
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 23m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 23m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.