• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:38
CEST 04:38
KST 11:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9356 users

[Code S] Ro16 Group Selection Results - Page 23

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
519 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-13 14:03:13
September 13 2013 14:01 GMT
#441
So Maru is overflowing with confidence :D?
Also, Soulkey seems to like his ZvZ, if he tried to force a full zerg group (since Sleep showed that his ZvZ is pretty gut by getting to Code S).
And best thing evah:+ Show Spoiler +
WE WILL NOT HAVE SOULKEY VS INNOVATION IN RO8, EITHER SEMIS OR FINALS
It comes with downside of Soulkey vs sOs in Ro8 being possible.
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-13 14:13:11
September 13 2013 14:09 GMT
#442
Here's my prediction:

soulkey dongraegu
keen trap
innovation super
parting flash

Haven't seen it out of rain lately and trap has some good momentum going right now - might regret that choice, though. Everything else I feel secure about, though I could see dear taking out either of my zerg picks, too - with only PvZ to practice.
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 13 2013 14:12 GMT
#443
Soulkey/DRG
Rain/sOs
Innovation/Super
Flash/Kangho

WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Buddy168
Profile Joined June 2012
United States157 Posts
September 13 2013 14:32 GMT
#444
Well maybe Flash can advance now that Inno isn't in his group?
"You're being a useless fucking asshole" - Day[9]
Poilon
Profile Joined December 2010
France139 Posts
September 13 2013 14:32 GMT
#445
my predictions

Group A: (P)Dear, (Z)DongRaeGu

Group B: (P)Rain, (P)Trap

Group C: (T)INnoVation, (Z)soO

Group D: (T)Maru, (T)Flash
Des rats des rats
forumtext
Profile Joined September 2011
575 Posts
September 13 2013 14:33 GMT
#446
Flash must get past ro16 this time. He needs this.


FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-13 15:03:30
September 13 2013 15:02 GMT
#447
Damn it all D:

What were Losira and DRG thinking? From a viewer perspective it seems like they'd both be better off switched. Would've been better for the viewers too.

Hopefully DRG is actually good in ZvZ and Losira...doesn't derp in ZvT/P anymore >_>
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Noobity
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States871 Posts
September 13 2013 15:08 GMT
#448
On September 14 2013 00:02 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Damn it all D:

What were Losira and DRG thinking? From a viewer perspective it seems like they'd both be better off switched. Would've been better for the viewers too.

Hopefully DRG is actually good in ZvZ and Losira...doesn't derp in ZvT/P anymore >_>


They were thinking "Damn, I hope I get picked early by someone I can beat so I can pick someone else I can beat" but instead were picked last and just had to... ya know, deal with it.

I'm going to be that KangHo fan who's confident he'll make it out ezpz, when inside I'm shaking in my boots. I think he's the underdog here, but he's pulled out some brilliant play unexpectedly in the past.
My name is Mike, and statistically, yours is not.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-13 15:10:06
September 13 2013 15:09 GMT
#449
Oh man. Come on Flash!

It's either he wins WCS KR and WCS S3 Finals or he's basically out of the running for Blizzcon eh?


And let's see how good Dear's PvZ is... 'cuz the group can either be a solid 4-0 or 0-4.
kiss kiss fall in love
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
September 13 2013 15:12 GMT
#450
On September 14 2013 00:08 Noobity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2013 00:02 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Damn it all D:

What were Losira and DRG thinking? From a viewer perspective it seems like they'd both be better off switched. Would've been better for the viewers too.

Hopefully DRG is actually good in ZvZ and Losira...doesn't derp in ZvT/P anymore >_>


They were thinking "Damn, I hope I get picked early by someone I can beat so I can pick someone else I can beat" but instead were picked last and just had to... ya know, deal with it.

I'm going to be that KangHo fan who's confident he'll make it out ezpz, when inside I'm shaking in my boots. I think he's the underdog here, but he's pulled out some brilliant play unexpectedly in the past.


I'm watching the end of the vod. Losira says multiple times he wanted to be in group D...and DRG seemed to want group A to avoid a team kill as well as group D.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
September 13 2013 15:24 GMT
#451
On September 14 2013 00:12 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2013 00:08 Noobity wrote:
On September 14 2013 00:02 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Damn it all D:

What were Losira and DRG thinking? From a viewer perspective it seems like they'd both be better off switched. Would've been better for the viewers too.

Hopefully DRG is actually good in ZvZ and Losira...doesn't derp in ZvT/P anymore >_>


They were thinking "Damn, I hope I get picked early by someone I can beat so I can pick someone else I can beat" but instead were picked last and just had to... ya know, deal with it.

I'm going to be that KangHo fan who's confident he'll make it out ezpz, when inside I'm shaking in my boots. I think he's the underdog here, but he's pulled out some brilliant play unexpectedly in the past.


I'm watching the end of the vod. Losira says multiple times he wanted to be in group D...and DRG seemed to want group A to avoid a team kill as well as group D.


More importantly why is LosirA always picked as one of the last o0. Each and every bloody time.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
September 13 2013 15:26 GMT
#452
On September 14 2013 00:24 Lysanias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2013 00:12 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
On September 14 2013 00:08 Noobity wrote:
On September 14 2013 00:02 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Damn it all D:

What were Losira and DRG thinking? From a viewer perspective it seems like they'd both be better off switched. Would've been better for the viewers too.

Hopefully DRG is actually good in ZvZ and Losira...doesn't derp in ZvT/P anymore >_>


They were thinking "Damn, I hope I get picked early by someone I can beat so I can pick someone else I can beat" but instead were picked last and just had to... ya know, deal with it.

I'm going to be that KangHo fan who's confident he'll make it out ezpz, when inside I'm shaking in my boots. I think he's the underdog here, but he's pulled out some brilliant play unexpectedly in the past.


I'm watching the end of the vod. Losira says multiple times he wanted to be in group D...and DRG seemed to want group A to avoid a team kill as well as group D.


More importantly why is LosirA always picked as one of the last o0. Each and every bloody time.


They fear his true strength! He's merciful though, and plays really goofy to give them a chance!
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
September 13 2013 15:31 GMT
#453
On September 14 2013 00:24 Lysanias wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2013 00:12 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
On September 14 2013 00:08 Noobity wrote:
On September 14 2013 00:02 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Damn it all D:

What were Losira and DRG thinking? From a viewer perspective it seems like they'd both be better off switched. Would've been better for the viewers too.

Hopefully DRG is actually good in ZvZ and Losira...doesn't derp in ZvT/P anymore >_>


They were thinking "Damn, I hope I get picked early by someone I can beat so I can pick someone else I can beat" but instead were picked last and just had to... ya know, deal with it.

I'm going to be that KangHo fan who's confident he'll make it out ezpz, when inside I'm shaking in my boots. I think he's the underdog here, but he's pulled out some brilliant play unexpectedly in the past.


I'm watching the end of the vod. Losira says multiple times he wanted to be in group D...and DRG seemed to want group A to avoid a team kill as well as group D.


More importantly why is LosirA always picked as one of the last o0. Each and every bloody time.

Because LosirA is so inconsistent that he may end up accidentally getting to finals :D
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Defenestrator
Profile Joined October 2011
400 Posts
September 13 2013 15:38 GMT
#454
5 Z, 5 T, 6 P... balance not lookin too bad =)
Ultras and banelings go together like peas and carrots
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-13 15:56:16
September 13 2013 15:48 GMT
#455
On September 13 2013 22:36 teddyoojo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2013 22:30 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2013 22:29 TommyP wrote:
On September 13 2013 15:51 opterown wrote:
hope maru gets a ridiculously easy group

sorry

nah it's actually not that bad, big names but players hit well below their histories suggest

i also feel its pretty doable

this gsl seems kinda weak compared to some 2011/12 gsl's

It's objectively stronger, just more proleague names and new faces. Late 2011/early 2012 had guys like Huk/Killer/Genius/Virus and a lot of mediocre WCS Americans making ro16's, Naniwa even won a group... The protoss lineup here is pretty sick and it also has 3 of the top 4 terrans as well as the top zerg.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-13 15:51:08
September 13 2013 15:50 GMT
#456
On September 14 2013 00:48 Scarecrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2013 22:36 teddyoojo wrote:
On September 13 2013 22:30 opterown wrote:
On September 13 2013 22:29 TommyP wrote:
On September 13 2013 15:51 opterown wrote:
hope maru gets a ridiculously easy group

sorry

nah it's actually not that bad, big names but players hit well below their histories suggest

i also feel its pretty doable

this gsl seems kinda weak compared to some 2011/12 gsl's

It's objectively stronger, just more proleague names and new faces. Late 2011/early 2012 had guys like Huk/Killer/Genius/Virus and a lot of WCS America guys making ro16's... The protoss lineup here is pretty sick and it also has 3 of the top 4 terrans as well as the top zerg.


Hey Genius had his moments! They were rare, but when he was on it he was great.

Even in 2013 he nearly got an all-kill in GSTL against Startale
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
RiZu
Profile Joined February 2012
Singapore5715 Posts
September 13 2013 15:58 GMT
#457
Flash ezpz Ro8 =). I doubt he will lose against Kangho, TvT wise he is beasting it up and Parting seemed to be the only one who is capable of stopping him.

My prediction <3
Group A: Soulkey,Dear
Group B:Rain,sOs
Group C:Super,SoO
Group D:Flash,Parting
tritonice
Profile Joined November 2010
United States119 Posts
September 13 2013 16:06 GMT
#458
Lots of mirror matchups. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but maybe will see some interesting builds and new meta around them.
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
September 13 2013 16:13 GMT
#459
My prediction
Group A: Soulkey, Dear
Group B:Keen, Trap
Group C:Innovation, jjakji
Group D:Maru, Flash

1Z, 2P and 5T (all) in RO8. I hope I'm wrong though.
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
September 13 2013 16:27 GMT
#460
Flash won't make it out.
STX Fighting!
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings104
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 246
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10975
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1149
NeuroSwarm188
febbydoto27
League of Legends
Doublelift5033
JimRising 694
Counter-Strike
taco 141
minikerr52
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox927
Mew2King37
Other Games
summit1g10043
Maynarde219
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick406
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 195
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo551
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 22m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 22m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.