• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:18
CEST 05:18
KST 12:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9541 users

[SPL] STX SouL vs EG-Liquid R2 - Page 42

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 All
Talionis
Profile Joined November 2010
Scotland4085 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 01:02:46
January 27 2013 00:57 GMT
#821
lol a tied game.

I remember the last time I seen a tied game in proleague...that PvT on the map with the destructible temples. Was that Light vs Tempest? The one where the ref paused it, but Tempest wanted to continue cause he thought his goons could hit the floating CC, but turns out they couldn't.
That was fun.

Oh no, it was this one. It was still a Tempest game.
+ Show Spoiler +
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
January 27 2013 01:35 GMT
#822
On January 27 2013 09:57 Talionis wrote:
lol a tied game.

I remember the last time I seen a tied game in proleague...that PvT on the map with the destructible temples. Was that Light vs Tempest? The one where the ref paused it, but Tempest wanted to continue cause he thought his goons could hit the floating CC, but turns out they couldn't.
That was fun.

Oh no, it was this one. It was still a Tempest game.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcqBeDDlsnk


I think Pure had one against some either Sea or LighT a while ago.
kiss kiss fall in love
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
January 27 2013 03:55 GMT
#823
Man I get kinda annoyed watching EGTL in proleague sometimes. I can understand using JYP lately because he at least will usually pull you 1 win which is what you expect of a player when in AK format. Zenio though? Zenio out of almost the whole EGTL squad (for proleague) is the least achieving of players. Hero I can understand for obvious reason but why Revival for your ace? Regardless of skill putting someone who has nerve problems as your ace is ridiculous. Even if he is better then JD, you can't deny that JD has the most experience of being in pressure oriented situations. Also you had Stephano on the bench. Either of these picks would've been way better. This isn't the first time either that it seems the coaching has been a mega blunder when choosing who to start and finish, it almost feels like they'd rather have their players get experience rather then win sometimes. The thing I love about most of the kespa teams is they play cutthroat. What I mean by this is usually they will always play their best 2-3 players and have their ace players always play the ace position regardless. Sigh I really hope EGTL learns to be more cutthroat in who they play in their lineups since the season isn't over yet for them, they just really got to get it together.
JD, need I say more? :D
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
January 27 2013 04:36 GMT
#824
So apparently there was a draw in one of the games? lol. How did that one turn out?
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 05:18:31
January 27 2013 05:18 GMT
#825
On January 27 2013 13:36 Havik_ wrote:
So apparently there was a draw in one of the games? lol. How did that one turn out?


i didnt see it but if i had to guess it was probably a base trade into each player had like a pylon left and no one was willing to move out. thats just a guess though
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Epamynondas
Profile Joined September 2012
387 Posts
January 27 2013 11:00 GMT
#826
Nope.

What happened was...
+ Show Spoiler +
HerO and Dear went for proxy DT's (next to each other, too), and when they attacked there was no detection. The game ended with both players building cannons and sitting all of their units around them.
Bumblebee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3237 Posts
January 27 2013 13:16 GMT
#827
On January 27 2013 01:57 Proseat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 01:23 Albinoswordfish wrote:
On January 26 2013 18:03 Proseat wrote:
On January 26 2013 17:58 Albinoswordfish wrote:
With Taeja out for at least round 3

Hyperbole much? TaeJa is playing Code S next week.

I thought I read an article that doctor's advised Taeja not to play for round 3 in Proleague. Is that not true?

Well, provide the link of the article? Are you sure it wasn't just for round 2?

As for anything official, all we got out of Liquid was the team's content manager eventually saying, "It's a week by week thing, we don't always know ourselves, but TaeJa is playing it safe. His wrists hurt, that's all." And all Liquid's actual player manager keeps talking about is DotA.

I know I'm not tweeting much about StarCraft, but I can assure you that my focus on StarCraft isn't weakened and still is a high priority for me.
There is no difference between a knight and any other man aside from what he wears. @robinnymann
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 13:57:44
January 27 2013 13:44 GMT
#828
On January 26 2013 22:31 Zealos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 19:25 letian wrote:
On January 26 2013 19:15 ES.Genie wrote:
On January 26 2013 19:05 letian wrote:
On January 26 2013 19:01 ES.Genie wrote:
On January 26 2013 18:32 letian wrote:
On January 26 2013 18:12 ES.Genie wrote:
On January 26 2013 18:07 letian wrote:
On January 26 2013 18:04 ES.Genie wrote:
On January 26 2013 17:58 letian wrote:
funny thing though, every time I watch EGTL matches is because I hope JD or Taeja will play. I don't come to see Zenio or Revival.

Better email the sponsors. I'm sure they would like to know.

I think this should be obvious. And if sponsors don't give f... about what is going on and where they invest, then, who will?

Go ahead, I'm 100% sure sponsors would like to hear you, random internet guy, complaining about their coaches decisions. No doubt they would like to know.

So you think this is how it works)?

Ofcourse this is how it works. Sponsors would be stupid to trust their coaches, who watch the players 24/7 and know best how they perform. No way they would ignore the complains of the TL-armys.

Would you please buy some flowers to the coaches.

Nah, I'd rather complain about them on TL, because I have such good insight knowledge. They do this as a job? Come on, I watch Starcaft tournaments all week - I would be a way better coach.

well, we all have our little soft spots ^_^

The classic "I've lost the argument, try to annoy the other person"
Grow up.

It is not my intention to win arguments, my intention is to express my point of view. Whether it is wrong or not is another question. I can't be 100% wrong in the argument above and even if I am, I don't fucking care. What I care for is the opportunity to come and watch the games of the players I want to watch and who are in fact better and more entertaining to. When I come and see how practice partners play and lose the match I think I can elaborate on this for some time, can I?

I think I have a right to express my rage or praise, depending on the situation too.
By saying "we all have out little soft spots", I acknowledge that I can be wrong, but is being right important to me? It is important for those who are trying to boost their self-esteem by winning arguments. So, if it was your attempt at showing how mature your are, then I can tell you, the only thing you've been successful at is being stupid enough to make that kind of post.
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
January 27 2013 14:38 GMT
#829
On January 27 2013 12:55 LimeNade wrote:
Also you had Stephano on the bench.


Yep. Stephano and Taeja are the best players EGTL has. If they can play, they should.
StarscreamG1
Profile Joined February 2011
Portugal1653 Posts
January 27 2013 14:40 GMT
#830
A Protoss defeating EGTL with Stephano on the bench...is wierd!
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
January 27 2013 14:58 GMT
#831
Why on earth did Zenio get to play?

After innovation got the second win why not bring Stephano, the protoss killer, out?
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
January 27 2013 15:19 GMT
#832
Overall bad decision by the coach.
I mean,not sending stephano against a protoss when you are at your last card ???? Really ?
RIP MKP
MattRz
Profile Joined April 2011
Chile1681 Posts
January 27 2013 16:07 GMT
#833
On January 28 2013 00:19 shid0x wrote:
Overall bad decision by the coach.
I mean,not sending stephano against a protoss when you are at your last card ???? Really ?

Totally agree, let's hope its the last time
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake ♞
ArchDC
Profile Joined May 2011
Malaysia1996 Posts
January 29 2013 04:40 GMT
#834
Hmmm, hope Taeja can play at a high-lvl when he's back.

Right now can only rely on JD, Steph, JYP, Hero, Revival for potential wins. Rest are tough, possible but q tough...
Prev 1 40 41 42 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings121
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 198
StarCraft: Brood War
Terrorterran 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1062
NeuroSwarm212
League of Legends
JimRising 730
Counter-Strike
taco 341
minikerr45
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King229
hungrybox138
Other Games
summit1g9262
Maynarde252
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick442
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 170
• Letter144
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo847
• Rush623
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 42m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.