• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:47
CEST 22:47
KST 05:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7743 users

[SPL] EG-TL vs. SK Telecom T1 R1 - Page 47

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 96 Next
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#921
there are some good games in proleague but a lot of them have been really awful, it's alright I guess.
scriptor
Profile Joined April 2011
Croatia68 Posts
December 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#922
mahhh, not the biggest fan of this bo1 games, cheesy games...not interesting.
enjoy watching ppl, im out!
SINESTET
tiMelEfT
Profile Joined December 2012
United States228 Posts
December 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#923
On December 31 2012 21:13 Emzeeshady wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2012 21:12 tiMelEfT wrote:
On December 31 2012 21:11 X3GoldDot wrote:
On December 31 2012 21:10 tiMelEfT wrote:
On December 31 2012 21:09 BoxingKangaroo wrote:
On December 31 2012 21:08 Fenrax wrote:
this is so ridiculous...

I am legtimately sick of paid progamers being unable to scout their own base


Watch GSL. Games are of the highest level.


fixed that for you.


fixed that for you wrongly


I don't know wtf I am saying

Fixed that for you


That's not a fix though, that's an entire rude sentence by you, you violated rule of the game.
Thurken
Profile Joined September 2011
961 Posts
December 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#924
I told myself : bo1 with preparation time?? How can this format be chosen for SC2, there will be cheese all the way..
Then, I convince myself to try and watch some games.
So I watched the last two games of proleague and there are two cheese.
It's entertaining but I thought it would be less random
ooATTACKoo
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany17 Posts
December 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#925
how does the format go on after the group play? Will just start round 2 in a few weeks or do we see some play offs, up and down matches or something like this?
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
December 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#926
Those game are awesome :D
I haven't watched such a fun professional tournament in a long time !
rly ?
yoshi245
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2974 Posts
December 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#927
I really would like to see Hero beat Rain, but I doubt it.
"Numbers speak about the past, not the present." -Thorzain
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#928
On December 31 2012 21:12 yoshi245 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2012 21:04 edlover420 wrote:
I used to be GM NA/EU when I played actively and I am completely satisfied with all aspects of English cast. Many people apparently don't get it, Whiplash was SC2 PRO GAMER, SNM worked in BW for several years. Between them they have way more game and scene knowledge than other populist casters like TB and Husky. I can have stream minimized and just listen to proleague cast and I know everything that's going on, while I don't know what eSport I am watching when someone like TB is casting.


Here's the difference. SNM+Whiplash don't enunciate well and things like the forced GG's, as well as completely failing words stacks up. It's OK to make mistakes here and there, but it's too often with these 2. It exudes a very horribly amateurish casting team for a very prestigious league. Can they improve? Yes. But right now at the rate things are going, I'm not holding my breath. I'm disliking more on how they say things, and not so much of their analysis of games.

Say what you will about TB or Husky. I believe someone in these forums in the past called TB nothing more than a glorified carnival barker, which is rude, though I figure a few people may agree with this sentiment. I sure as hell don't. They know how to breathe life into a cast and have the experience necessary to do it. Even if their in game knowledge is rather minimal and analysis is basic at best, they are solid play-by-play casters - that's what they do and people are fine with that. No one ever considers them deep analytical casters.

OK this time this is my last post about this, I'm just adding worthless bashing posts to an LR thread that isn't needed.


Other than occasionally pronouncing a unit a bit strangely, there's nothing wrong with Whiplash's speaking.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Emzeeshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada4203 Posts
December 31 2012 12:14 GMT
#929
--- Nuked ---
jnd
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Czech Republic915 Posts
December 31 2012 12:15 GMT
#930
On December 31 2012 21:14 scriptor wrote:
mahhh, not the biggest fan of this bo1 games, cheesy games...not interesting.
enjoy watching ppl, im out!

It's Bo7.
Team 8 BaBy will be the next Terran Bonjwa in HoTS | HSC V, the best tournament in 2012 | GD Studio #1 no fluff esports show
0dem
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany129 Posts
December 31 2012 12:15 GMT
#931
On December 31 2012 21:12 GolemMadness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2012 21:11 0dem wrote:
R u kiddin me??? Those ads just ruined the game for me TT

Nontheless, that was some sick hide and seek :D Two times it looked like JYP is screwed^^ good game though. Can someone explain why JYP intentionally left his probe out in the open so it could get taken out instead of staying behind the cannons?


It's too bad that the $5 for no commercials is such a horrifically high price to pay.


Actually, u r right! On my way to spend the 5$ now
Snow948
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany83 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-31 12:15:49
December 31 2012 12:15 GMT
#932
Even as a Terran i think it was a terrible defend from soo, why in the hell he canceled the Hatch??
Transfer the drones to mine there. And the Zergling Counter seems also wasted, Protoss will have the cannon in Time in the base. And why he wasted all his spines and the zerglings in the cannons?
Roach Warren would be a better choice in this situation, or? With some Spine to defend the Natural. Or be I wrong?
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
December 31 2012 12:15 GMT
#933
I actually like some messy low to mid tier play more than OMG perfect play that goes to boring late games.
"Start yo" -FlaSh
LaG.Gaming
Profile Joined April 2011
United States288 Posts
December 31 2012 12:15 GMT
#934
it is 4.15 here in california and i work at 8.30!!! grrrr these games better not take too long , my wife staying up with me ftw!
so far is worth the time im staying up
LaGGaming.net // Money cant buy happiness, but can pay for the internet that is almost the same.
yoshi245
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2974 Posts
December 31 2012 12:15 GMT
#935
On December 31 2012 21:14 GolemMadness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2012 21:12 yoshi245 wrote:
On December 31 2012 21:04 edlover420 wrote:
I used to be GM NA/EU when I played actively and I am completely satisfied with all aspects of English cast. Many people apparently don't get it, Whiplash was SC2 PRO GAMER, SNM worked in BW for several years. Between them they have way more game and scene knowledge than other populist casters like TB and Husky. I can have stream minimized and just listen to proleague cast and I know everything that's going on, while I don't know what eSport I am watching when someone like TB is casting.


Here's the difference. SNM+Whiplash don't enunciate well and things like the forced GG's, as well as completely failing words stacks up. It's OK to make mistakes here and there, but it's too often with these 2. It exudes a very horribly amateurish casting team for a very prestigious league. Can they improve? Yes. But right now at the rate things are going, I'm not holding my breath. I'm disliking more on how they say things, and not so much of their analysis of games.

Say what you will about TB or Husky. I believe someone in these forums in the past called TB nothing more than a glorified carnival barker, which is rude, though I figure a few people may agree with this sentiment. I sure as hell don't. They know how to breathe life into a cast and have the experience necessary to do it. Even if their in game knowledge is rather minimal and analysis is basic at best, they are solid play-by-play casters - that's what they do and people are fine with that. No one ever considers them deep analytical casters.

OK this time this is my last post about this, I'm just adding worthless bashing posts to an LR thread that isn't needed.


Other than occasionally pronouncing a unit a bit strangely, there's nothing wrong with Whiplash's speaking.


Yes, he's far better than SNM in this regard. Most of my grief goes to SNM actually.
"Numbers speak about the past, not the present." -Thorzain
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
December 31 2012 12:15 GMT
#936
On December 31 2012 21:13 jnd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2012 21:12 LimitSEA wrote:
On December 31 2012 21:11 jnd wrote:
On December 31 2012 21:09 BoxingKangaroo wrote:
On December 31 2012 21:08 Fenrax wrote:
this is so ridiculous...

I am legtimately sick of paid progamers being unable to scout their own base


Watch GSL. Games are better.

Proleague has already surpased GSL in terms of entertaining games.

Stop it, you're being silly.

Are you serious?

Have you ever actually watched GSL? Hell, how much SC2 have you actually watched? If you think Proleague games are more entertaining than GSL games, then you really need to get a GSL ticket to check out some VODs.
Long live the King of Wings
4tre55
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany330 Posts
December 31 2012 12:16 GMT
#937
JYPs biggest Ability as a player: Sneaking probes into opponents base. That's prolly why he has such a hard time against terrans as well...
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
December 31 2012 12:16 GMT
#938
Rofl half speed replay.
NightElf
Profile Joined July 2012
Bangladesh117 Posts
December 31 2012 12:16 GMT
#939
Please egtl..lose this game....i want jaedong to finish up for my FPL...
None excites me more than jaedong...
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-31 12:17:19
December 31 2012 12:16 GMT
#940
With a little pressure off HerO, I want him to finally beat Rain, his no-win nemesis. Go go Hyeondeok-ah, hwaiting!!

Hm, although a Jaedong win would be better for my FPL score... conflicted.
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 637
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 88
Nina 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15734
910 68
soO 43
Dota 2
Gorgc7120
monkeys_forever100
canceldota70
League of Legends
Doublelift1394
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4182
Other Games
summit1g2234
fl0m1471
olofmeister937
FrodaN837
Liquid`Hasu292
C9.Mang0230
Livibee187
IndyStarCraft 113
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2870
• WagamamaTV358
Other Games
• imaqtpie1100
• Scarra711
• Shiphtur657
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 13m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 13m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.