• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:53
CEST 14:53
KST 21:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8261 users

HomeStoryCup VI powered by XMG Qualification Stage - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 21 Next All
neocron
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom505 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-05 22:22:56
December 05 2012 22:22 GMT
#61
Grid btw:

http://taketv.net/cups/bracket/index/show/id/54/json/embed

and livestream:

http://de.twitch.tv/taketv
Payson
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States394 Posts
December 05 2012 22:23 GMT
#62
On December 05 2012 01:46 iS.Axslav wrote:
I thought the na one was at 10 eastern time. Has it been moved to 6 pm et now or was it always 6 and i just misread?


I read it as 10 pm CST but it said CET (Central European Time) on the website, which would mean 4 pm EST was check-in?
BrassMonkey27
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada616 Posts
December 05 2012 22:26 GMT
#63
I was under the impression it was 3pm PST and I missed the check in..
HoneyBadger.784 Diamond KR "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
December 05 2012 22:29 GMT
#64
On December 06 2012 07:26 BrassMonkey27 wrote:
I was under the impression it was 3pm PST and I missed the check in..


me too :/
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
Prplppleatr
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1518 Posts
December 05 2012 23:20 GMT
#65
Damn, totally missed this...lame
🥇 Prediction Contest - Mess with the best, die like the rest.
ibraishome
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Germany337 Posts
December 05 2012 23:22 GMT
#66
The Korean Qualifier (Friday at 11am for CET I think) looks already awesome:
Some sign-ups:
Oz
LosirA
First
YongHwa
Yoda
Symbol
NesTea

Sage
Revival
Tails
TheStC

... and perhaps some other, who did not sign up with their real nick (like Revival = ehdgussnla^^)
neocron
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom505 Posts
December 05 2012 23:27 GMT
#67
Btw. grubby confirmed that he will attend hsc
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
December 05 2012 23:38 GMT
#68
Man this already gives of so much homestory cup feeling, casting with caipirinhas, only on take.tv .
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
ratbert
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1041 Posts
December 05 2012 23:47 GMT
#69
On December 06 2012 08:27 neocron wrote:
Btw. grubby confirmed that he will attend hsc


oh my god yes! i'm so happy maybe grubby + cassandra casting that would be phenomenal
what if Nat Pagle and RNGesus are the same person?
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 00:04:49
December 06 2012 00:04 GMT
#70
nice ketchup choice, thumbs up!

hope illusion qualifies. or jookto.
shinyA
Profile Joined November 2008
United States473 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 00:48:13
December 06 2012 00:44 GMT
#71
What a joke of a tournament.

First you let Koreans play in a North American qualifier. In the fucking rules it says that your "OFFICIAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE MUST BE IN NORTH AMERICA TO PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT" , yet still there are some Koreans allowed to play. I don't think you understand the meaning of "OFFICIAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE".

Then, as I do my build on Whirlwind, 2 base mothership 11gate chargelot archon , I get it off and am pretty much guaranteed a free win since he didn't kill me, he scouts everything and immediately disconnects. So, they make me regame after he sees my build. I veto'd accordingly and left Whirlwind in the map pool so I could do this build, so now I get stuck having him know what my build is.

Not only does he know what my build is, I've used it against him in the past. You can see my TLPD that I've already beaten him in bo3 tournament setting before, so now he sees the build and he should know he's going to lose this game and he disconnects. So the next game he roach/hydra busts me at 9-10 min ( literally 8 roaches and 5 hydras, the most idiotic attack ) without even scouting if I was doing it again. I denied scouting perfectly and he just blind counters me thanks to the disconnect and regame.

It's so frustrating holy shit.

What's the point of regional qualifiers if Koreans are going to represent everything? So fucking stupid.
twitch.tv/ggshinya
MOMOPEWPEW
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany112 Posts
December 06 2012 00:49 GMT
#72
On December 06 2012 09:44 shinyA wrote:
What a joke of a tournament.

First you let Koreans play in a North American qualifier. In the fucking rules it says that your "OFFICIAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE MUST BE IN NORTH AMERICA TO PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT" , yet still there are some Koreans allowed to play. I don't think you understand the meaning of "OFFICIAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE".

Then, as I do my build on Whirlwind, 2 base mothership 11gate chargelot archon , I get it off and am pretty much guaranteed a free win since he didn't kill me, he scouts everything and immediately disconnects. So, they make me regame after he sees my build. I veto'd accordingly and left Whirlwind in the map pool so I could do this build, so now I get stuck having him know what my build is.

Not only does he know what my build is, I've used it against him in the past. You can see my TLPD that I've already beaten him in bo3 tournament setting before, so now he sees the build and he should know he's going to lose this game and he disconnects. So the next game he roach/hydra busts me at 9-10 min ( literally 8 roaches and 5 hydras, the most idiotic attack ) without even scouting if I was doing it again. I denied scouting perfectly and he just blind counters me thanks to the disconnect and regame.

It's so frustrating holy shit.

What's the point of regional qualifiers if Koreans are going to represent everything? So fucking stupid.


you mad bra?


User was warned for this post
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 06 2012 00:52 GMT
#73
perhaps those koreans live in the US?
danteafk
Profile Joined May 2011
307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 00:53:35
December 06 2012 00:53 GMT
#74
wrong thread
shinyA
Profile Joined November 2008
United States473 Posts
December 06 2012 00:53 GMT
#75
On December 06 2012 09:52 HolydaKing wrote:
perhaps those koreans live in the US?

Define "live in the US"
Define "OFFICIAL PLACE OF RESIDENCY"

visiting != living
twitch.tv/ggshinya
kebeh
Profile Joined March 2012
37 Posts
December 06 2012 00:56 GMT
#76
On December 06 2012 09:44 shinyA wrote:
What a joke of a tournament.

First you let Koreans play in a North American qualifier. In the fucking rules it says that your "OFFICIAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE MUST BE IN NORTH AMERICA TO PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT" , yet still there are some Koreans allowed to play. I don't think you understand the meaning of "OFFICIAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE".

Then, as I do my build on Whirlwind, 2 base mothership 11gate chargelot archon , I get it off and am pretty much guaranteed a free win since he didn't kill me, he scouts everything and immediately disconnects. So, they make me regame after he sees my build. I veto'd accordingly and left Whirlwind in the map pool so I could do this build, so now I get stuck having him know what my build is.

Not only does he know what my build is, I've used it against him in the past. You can see my TLPD that I've already beaten him in bo3 tournament setting before, so now he sees the build and he should know he's going to lose this game and he disconnects. So the next game he roach/hydra busts me at 9-10 min ( literally 8 roaches and 5 hydras, the most idiotic attack ) without even scouting if I was doing it again. I denied scouting perfectly and he just blind counters me thanks to the disconnect and regame.

It's so frustrating holy shit.

What's the point of regional qualifiers if Koreans are going to represent everything? So fucking stupid.

First off, You answered it perfectly, you have to play where you are currently living. I don't know for a fact, but I believe jooktoo (assuming based on the grid, he is the player you are mad about) is currently living in USA, so it would make sense that he would play in this qualifier, since it's technically the rules. Another example is how "Quantic" Golden is playing in the qualifier as well, but he is currently living in America right now. Also, they kicked pandatank out of the qualifiers because they assumed he should be playing in another qualifier, even though he is currently living in southern California.

Secondly, it's your own fault if you decided to try to do the same exact wacky build two times in a row. You could have had such an easy win if you would have played a very standard macro game, because he would have been preparing for your custom build. but I agree it's sucky that he did that, and I understand why you'd be frustrated.
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 00:58:47
December 06 2012 00:57 GMT
#77
On December 06 2012 09:52 HolydaKing wrote:
perhaps those koreans live in the US?


Afaik, only Golden lives in the US.

Edit: And HwangSin
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 00:58:46
December 06 2012 00:57 GMT
#78
On December 06 2012 09:53 shinyA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 09:52 HolydaKing wrote:
perhaps those koreans live in the US?

Define "live in the US"
Define "OFFICIAL PLACE OF RESIDENCY"

visiting != living

Well, i don't know the situation of those koreans good enough but there have already been some koreans that live in the US like viOlet or Ganzi (i think). Perhaps Golden, Apocalypse and Jookto also don't live in Korea anymore? They're all on foreign teams so perhaps they moved... no idea tho.
shinyA
Profile Joined November 2008
United States473 Posts
December 06 2012 00:59 GMT
#79
On December 06 2012 09:57 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2012 09:53 shinyA wrote:
On December 06 2012 09:52 HolydaKing wrote:
perhaps those koreans live in the US?

Define "live in the US"
Define "OFFICIAL PLACE OF RESIDENCY"

visiting != living

Well, i don't know the situation of those koreans good enough but there have already been some koreans that live in the US like viOlet or Ganzi (i think). Perhaps Golden, Apocalypse and Jookto also don't live in Korea anymore?

They all live in Korea. They are here for like 2 months maximum. Visiting doesn't mean they live here and it obviously doesn't mean that this is their official place of residency.

I could understand if they had a work VISA, that would mean that NA is their official place of residency. But they don't, they are visiting and thus not official residents.
twitch.tv/ggshinya
Kanaz
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark658 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 01:23:26
December 06 2012 01:18 GMT
#80
Now, i don't know for sure.
But does progamers get work visas for countries they live in (with their respective team?)
I mean, being a progamer and being in a team, is often quite unstable - and not well known, I would assume they don't get a work visa.
Anyways, the admins have clearly decided that they can participate as they live in us right now - I mean, as long as they dont participate in KR/EU qualifers I don't see a problem, besides you are actually mad about it.
You should probably contact the admins if you mean your game against this guy wasn't fair due to the restarts.
But using the same build 3 times in a row..
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
Rex 113
CosmosSc2 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48166
Hyuk 1432
Jaedong 809
EffOrt 462
Soma 426
Horang2 386
Soulkey 380
actioN 339
BeSt 335
Mini 318
[ Show more ]
Light 270
Last 267
Zeus 259
Stork 237
910 184
Larva 171
ggaemo 146
Snow 124
Rush 112
ZerO 92
Pusan 83
Killer 81
Mind 67
Shine 53
JYJ 44
Creator 43
Sharp 43
Shinee 36
hero 32
Free 31
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 21
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
Terrorterran 14
Noble 14
sorry 8
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8485
Dendi642
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1577
markeloff247
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1652
crisheroes1063
Other Games
gofns41435
singsing2048
B2W.Neo686
hiko347
XBOCT307
Pyrionflax273
byalli264
DeMusliM254
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King88
QueenE16
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1719
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream136
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1580
Other Games
• WagamamaTV192
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8m
Rex109
IntoTheiNu 47
The PondCast
21h 8m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.