• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:24
CEST 01:24
KST 08:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8342 users

[Code S] RO32 Group C 2012 GSL Season 5 - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 68 69 70 Next
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
October 31 2012 01:48 GMT
#61
Gogo Maru and HerO! Overcome all odds!
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 31 2012 01:55 GMT
#62
On October 31 2012 10:05 Mackus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 09:04 Fionn wrote:
KeSPA has been pretty fucking bad in GSL.

All four KeSPA players bombed in Up/Downs. Roro didn't advance last night.

Team KeSPRain.


This is why you don't give out Charity seeds for Code S, I highly rate CJEffort but apparently going 44-4 in some irrelevant tournament warrants you a seed more. Shy should get through, he's proven he's superior than Seed at PvP and Sniper's meh.

if anything though, to be honest, beating someone in a bo3 pvp is not 'proving' that one is superior to the other in skill ;p anyone who says that is angering the pvp gods
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Maloreon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States911 Posts
October 31 2012 01:56 GMT
#63
On October 31 2012 09:04 Fionn wrote:
KeSPA has been pretty fucking bad in GSL.

All four KeSPA players bombed in Up/Downs. Roro didn't advance last night.

Team KeSPRain.


I really think this goes back to the fact that the Kespa players had so few games to study. As many pros and casters pointed out when they hit the scene awhile back - their play is definitely Code A-S level (only a few are Code S) but they will get "figured out" just like the GSL players have over time. The best players are the ones who have no gimmicks or tricks and who adjust well to being studies (like MVP imo, or Life). I'm not saying the Kespa players won't, but at least so far they are showing they are mortal once they have a decent sample size of games to look at just like any other pro.

Also, there was probably some psychological stuff going on back at WCS qualifiers or w/e it was.

With that said, for those of you who have not followed the MLG vs. Proleague games - the Kespa pros are showing REALLY good games particularly in long management type games. I think that players like Flash will be top 1-5 in the world in a short time. It's just that the whole elephant thing (the idea that ALL the kespa pros, or the b-teamers would push out all the GSL players) is completely false and its obvious by now imo.
Leenock, Gumiho, Life, Flash, Parting, Scarlett
Baroninthetree
Profile Joined August 2012
United States473 Posts
October 31 2012 02:17 GMT
#64
On October 31 2012 10:56 Maloreon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 09:04 Fionn wrote:
KeSPA has been pretty fucking bad in GSL.

All four KeSPA players bombed in Up/Downs. Roro didn't advance last night.

Team KeSPRain.


I really think this goes back to the fact that the Kespa players had so few games to study. As many pros and casters pointed out when they hit the scene awhile back - their play is definitely Code A-S level (only a few are Code S) but they will get "figured out" just like the GSL players have over time. The best players are the ones who have no gimmicks or tricks and who adjust well to being studies (like MVP imo, or Life). I'm not saying the Kespa players won't, but at least so far they are showing they are mortal once they have a decent sample size of games to look at just like any other pro.

Also, there was probably some psychological stuff going on back at WCS qualifiers or w/e it was.

With that said, for those of you who have not followed the MLG vs. Proleague games - the Kespa pros are showing REALLY good games particularly in long management type games. I think that players like Flash will be top 1-5 in the world in a short time. It's just that the whole elephant thing (the idea that ALL the kespa pros, or the b-teamers would push out all the GSL players) is completely false and its obvious by now imo.

I don't think elephant like flash bisu jaedoon will ever get into top again, at least not in Wing of liberty.
Even after HOTS, their chances are still same as others. There might be other mighty B-team (KESPA or non-KESPA) players stand out.
KESPA has shown hard works, but not talent, well, maybe rain showed talent. They are just average in general, 4 of 76 made into code S, not impressive at all.
Players like life, who still goes to junior high school are true talented. life, maru, keen are the future, maybe flash, certainly not jaedoon.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 31 2012 02:19 GMT
#65
On October 31 2012 09:46 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 09:04 Fionn wrote:
KeSPA has been pretty fucking bad in GSL.

All four KeSPA players bombed in Up/Downs. Roro didn't advance last night.

Team KeSPRain.


I think Bogus Shy and Rain will make it to the ro16, the rest of them, meh.

Bogus really? His code A run was tbh incredibly unimpressive I rate him and bbyong as two of the lowest players this season that and he has to beat squirtle or leenock to get out I don't think he can do that.
Glorious SEA doto
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
October 31 2012 02:21 GMT
#66
Curious! Your time to shine, Code S Round of 32!
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51546 Posts
October 31 2012 02:21 GMT
#67
Neo.G_Bonjwa fighting!
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
October 31 2012 02:33 GMT
#68
Hero < Soulkey
Maru<Curious
Soulkey<Curious
Hero>Maru
Hero<Soulkey
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
October 31 2012 02:39 GMT
#69
I really hope HerO pulls it out tonight, I wanna see that man smiling, not crying after a match ;|

Also does anyone know if GOMs gonna use twitch again? That quality was great...
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
October 31 2012 02:39 GMT
#70
On October 31 2012 11:19 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 09:46 Dodgin wrote:
On October 31 2012 09:04 Fionn wrote:
KeSPA has been pretty fucking bad in GSL.

All four KeSPA players bombed in Up/Downs. Roro didn't advance last night.

Team KeSPRain.


I think Bogus Shy and Rain will make it to the ro16, the rest of them, meh.

Bogus really? His code A run was tbh incredibly unimpressive I rate him and bbyong as two of the lowest players this season that and he has to beat squirtle or leenock to get out I don't think he can do that.


Before the season began I would have bet Rain, Roro and maybe Soulkey. Shy/sos, Bogus, Baby and Bbyong less so.

Looking at the groups though Rain has a pretty sick group, Bbyong is screwed, Bogus is screwed. Baby, Soulkey, Shy and Bbyong could perhaps get out of their groups, but given their play it's probably 50-50.

Gonna bet on Rain and Baby only. I don't think Soulkey will make it tonight against the Code A Judge, Terran Prince and Super Saiyan Hero. Honestly a lot of these players are a bit inconsistent tonight, I'm just betting on the high calibre Maru and Curious appearing at least. They're my hope tonight!
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
October 31 2012 02:41 GMT
#71
Also Tastosis should dress up in Halloween costumes tonight.

Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
omisa
Profile Joined January 2011
United States494 Posts
October 31 2012 02:42 GMT
#72
Hmm. Im going with HerO and Curious on this one.

Wouldnt mind if Soulkey made it thru tho.
\m/
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
October 31 2012 02:52 GMT
#73
On October 31 2012 11:41 Fionn wrote:
Also Tastosis should dress up in Halloween costumes tonight.


I hope for Bert and Ernie or Statler and Waldorf.


I think Maru and HerO should advance. Maru has shown tons of promise and played some good games last time I saw him play. HerO is HerO. Soulkey was hyped before the hybrid Proleague, and though he has been doing alright, he hasn't exactly been living up to that tremendous hype. He's good, but I'm hesitant to say it's worthy of Code S.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
neutralrobot
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia1025 Posts
October 31 2012 02:53 GMT
#74
I'm really surprised that Maru isn't higher in the "head vote"... I guess it's stiff competition, it's pretty unpredictable, but I think Maru has excellent chances. He might not win this season, but I think he's got a lot of potential. I wouldn't be surprised to see him totally dominate for a while somewhere in the future.

Heart goes with Hero and whoever. I'd be happy with any, so long as Hero's still with us.
Maru | Life | PartinG || I guess I like aggressive control freaks... || Reynor will one day reign supreme || *reyn supreme
Happygreek
Profile Joined April 2012
United States220 Posts
October 31 2012 03:00 GMT
#75
Head goes with HerO entirely because there's no other Protoss in the group.

And Curious because he seems to love dropping out in Ro16.
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
October 31 2012 03:05 GMT
#76
On October 31 2012 11:53 neutralrobot wrote:
I'm really surprised that Maru isn't higher in the "head vote"... I guess it's stiff competition, it's pretty unpredictable, but I think Maru has excellent chances. He might not win this season, but I think he's got a lot of potential. I wouldn't be surprised to see him totally dominate for a while somewhere in the future.

Heart goes with Hero and whoever. I'd be happy with any, so long as Hero's still with us.


Maru is good but he is not a prodigy on the level of Life or Creator. His games lack the flair that make you say, "yep, that kid gonna be the best player in the world someday."
Devise
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1131 Posts
October 31 2012 03:23 GMT
#77
I'd like to see Soulkey and HerO move on
alainysaur
Profile Joined September 2012
United States131 Posts
October 31 2012 03:25 GMT
#78
Hero and Curious pls :D Don't mind soulkey though
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 31 2012 03:25 GMT
#79
On October 31 2012 12:05 red4ce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 11:53 neutralrobot wrote:
I'm really surprised that Maru isn't higher in the "head vote"... I guess it's stiff competition, it's pretty unpredictable, but I think Maru has excellent chances. He might not win this season, but I think he's got a lot of potential. I wouldn't be surprised to see him totally dominate for a while somewhere in the future.

Heart goes with Hero and whoever. I'd be happy with any, so long as Hero's still with us.


Maru is good but he is not a prodigy on the level of Life or Creator. His games lack the flair that make you say, "yep, that kid gonna be the best player in the world someday."

hrm, i would disagree. maru has shown some of the best games in the past year, e.g:
maru-seed in KSL, epic base trade
maru-effort in code A, with epic micro holds
maru-jyp with nukes in TvP
maru allkilling ST
maru-july in GSTL finals with the raven/banshee play
maru-alive in up/downs with BC rush

he's pretty good :D
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 31 2012 03:28 GMT
#80
On October 31 2012 12:25 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 12:05 red4ce wrote:
On October 31 2012 11:53 neutralrobot wrote:
I'm really surprised that Maru isn't higher in the "head vote"... I guess it's stiff competition, it's pretty unpredictable, but I think Maru has excellent chances. He might not win this season, but I think he's got a lot of potential. I wouldn't be surprised to see him totally dominate for a while somewhere in the future.

Heart goes with Hero and whoever. I'd be happy with any, so long as Hero's still with us.


Maru is good but he is not a prodigy on the level of Life or Creator. His games lack the flair that make you say, "yep, that kid gonna be the best player in the world someday."

hrm, i would disagree. maru has shown some of the best games in the past year, e.g:
maru-seed in KSL, epic base trade
maru-effort in code A, with epic micro holds
maru-jyp with nukes in TvP
maru allkilling ST
maru-july in GSTL finals with the raven/banshee play
maru-alive in up/downs with BC rush

he's pretty good :D


Life and Creator already have results. Maru needs to show up this season if he wants to be mentioned along with the other prodigies. Maru also doesn't have a distinct playstyle, unlike Life or Creator, that makes him really stand out. He is good though obviously
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 68 69 70 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft380
Nina 127
ViBE116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14092
firebathero 115
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
febbydoto91
League of Legends
Doublelift4263
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King60
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5519
Other Games
summit1g8660
FrodaN2165
JimRising 431
mouzStarbuck369
KnowMe231
ArmadaUGS94
Trikslyr0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1223
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• musti20045 32
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 0
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 36m
INu's Battles
12h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
Replay Cast
23h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.