• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:32
CEST 03:32
KST 10:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7556 users

[Up/Down] Group D 2012 GSL Season 5 - Page 109

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 117 Next
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 12:59:35
October 25 2012 12:56 GMT
#2161
On October 25 2012 21:50 Jigsy wrote:
I think Its unfair that Ryung advances.
Nothing against Ryung but why should he advance?

He won against Flash and Supernova ok. But he lost against Sirius who is (by results) the worst player of the group.
And with that i think of 3 categories:
Rank 1- Seed with a 3-1 Score
Rank 2- Flash, Ryung and Supernova with a 2-2 Score
Rank 3- Sirius with a 1-3 Score

Maping the Ranks and the wins/loses of the Players:
Flash gets 1 Point for beating Seed and 3 for beating Sirius.
Ryung gets 4 for beating each Flash (+2) and Supernova (+2).
Supernova gets 2 for Flash and 3 for Sirius.

That would result in (The lower the score the better):
#1 Flash and Ryung with 4 Points
#2 Supernova with 5 Points


By that I would let Flash and Ryung play another BO1/3 for the last Code S spot.
Another fair solution would be to accept the 3-way.tie of Ryung/Supernova/Flash.

But thats only my opinion, which I think would be more fair to the players.

Should be

Flash gets 3 Point for beating Seed and 1 for beating Sirius.
Ryung gets 4 for beating each Flash (+2) and Supernova (+2).
Supernova gets 2 for Flash and 1 for Sirius.

#1 Flash and Ryung with 4 Points
#2 Supernova with 3 Points

Higher score the better.

SO THAT IT WOULD BE LESS CONFUSING.
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 25 2012 21:53 Icaeth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 21:50 Jigsy wrote:
I think Its unfair that Ryung advances.
Nothing against Ryung but why should he advance?

He won against Flash and Supernova ok. But he lost against Sirius who is (by results) the worst player of the group.
And with that i think of 3 categories:
Rank 1- Seed with a 3-1 Score
Rank 2- Flash, Ryung and Supernova with a 2-2 Score
Rank 3- Sirius with a 1-3 Score

Maping the Ranks and the wins/loses of the Players:
Flash gets 1 Point for beating Seed and 3 for beating Sirius.
Ryung gets 4 for beating each Flash (+2) and Supernova (+2).
Supernova gets 2 for Flash and 3 for Sirius.

That would result in (The lower the score the better):
#1 Flash and Ryung with 4 Points
#2 Supernova with 5 Points


By that I would let Flash and Ryung play another BO1/3 for the last Code S spot.
Another fair solution would be to accept the 3-way.tie of Ryung/Supernova/Flash.

But thats only my opinion, which I think would be more fair to the players.


So according ur system, u get more points defeating worse players?

"Start yo" -FlaSh
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
October 25 2012 12:57 GMT
#2162
Definately time to go watch the "He is.... WIN" and "MVP KEEN" VODS.
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
Icaeth
Profile Joined March 2011
Chile77 Posts
October 25 2012 13:00 GMT
#2163
h2h its a tiebreaker, ryung plays against supernova and flash and won. Why make them play again xD
Mackus
Profile Joined January 2011
England1681 Posts
October 25 2012 13:02 GMT
#2164
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:43 Dodgin wrote:
in all honesty I think they will seed NesTea back in, I'm sure he's saved up enough air miles for a Code S seed.

We just need to have Wax write up a TL article on why they should seed him in like Fionn did for Polt that one time.

I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
October 25 2012 13:04 GMT
#2165
I can't explain how unbelievably good it feels to wake up to a game with 250 recommendations. That means it's up there as in the top games played in GSL. Expected of a Ryung TvT tough
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
October 25 2012 13:04 GMT
#2166
hahaha, if you read the first ~50 pages one might think Flash is a GSL contender lol
And then he just fails and stays in Code A.

Flash choked like all the other big names of BW. Where is god now?
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 13:05:36
October 25 2012 13:04 GMT
#2167
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:43 Dodgin wrote:
in all honesty I think they will seed NesTea back in, I'm sure he's saved up enough air miles for a Code S seed.

We just need to have Wax write up a TL article on why they should seed him in like Fionn did for Polt that one time.

I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


Whilst I can see why they would seed NesTea, I can also see people rolling their eyes and claiming its a waste, especially if he gets KO'd in Ro32 or even Ro16.

If he should win, it would be the most amazing thing ever.

edit: Couldn't be worse than seeding IdrA
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
Jigsy
Profile Joined June 2011
21 Posts
October 25 2012 13:05 GMT
#2168
On October 25 2012 21:56 NicksonReyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 21:50 Jigsy wrote:
I think Its unfair that Ryung advances.
Nothing against Ryung but why should he advance?

He won against Flash and Supernova ok. But he lost against Sirius who is (by results) the worst player of the group.
And with that i think of 3 categories:
Rank 1- Seed with a 3-1 Score
Rank 2- Flash, Ryung and Supernova with a 2-2 Score
Rank 3- Sirius with a 1-3 Score

Maping the Ranks and the wins/loses of the Players:
Flash gets 1 Point for beating Seed and 3 for beating Sirius.
Ryung gets 4 for beating each Flash (+2) and Supernova (+2).
Supernova gets 2 for Flash and 3 for Sirius.

That would result in (The lower the score the better):
#1 Flash and Ryung with 4 Points
#2 Supernova with 5 Points


By that I would let Flash and Ryung play another BO1/3 for the last Code S spot.
Another fair solution would be to accept the 3-way.tie of Ryung/Supernova/Flash.

But thats only my opinion, which I think would be more fair to the players.

Should be

Flash gets 3 Point for beating Seed and 1 for beating Sirius.
Ryung gets 4 for beating each Flash (+2) and Supernova (+2).
Supernova gets 2 for Flash and 1 for Sirius.

#1 Flash and Ryung with 4 Points
#2 Supernova with 3 Points

Higher score the better.

SO THAT IT WOULD BE LESS CONFUSING.
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 25 2012 21:53 Icaeth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 21:50 Jigsy wrote:
I think Its unfair that Ryung advances.
Nothing against Ryung but why should he advance?

He won against Flash and Supernova ok. But he lost against Sirius who is (by results) the worst player of the group.
And with that i think of 3 categories:
Rank 1- Seed with a 3-1 Score
Rank 2- Flash, Ryung and Supernova with a 2-2 Score
Rank 3- Sirius with a 1-3 Score

Maping the Ranks and the wins/loses of the Players:
Flash gets 1 Point for beating Seed and 3 for beating Sirius.
Ryung gets 4 for beating each Flash (+2) and Supernova (+2).
Supernova gets 2 for Flash and 3 for Sirius.

That would result in (The lower the score the better):
#1 Flash and Ryung with 4 Points
#2 Supernova with 5 Points


By that I would let Flash and Ryung play another BO1/3 for the last Code S spot.
Another fair solution would be to accept the 3-way.tie of Ryung/Supernova/Flash.

But thats only my opinion, which I think would be more fair to the players.


So according ur system, u get more points defeating worse players?



Yeah your're right sry.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 25 2012 13:05 GMT
#2169
People who don't understand head-to-head tie breakers need to get out of their chairs and play some sports
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
October 25 2012 13:05 GMT
#2170
On October 25 2012 22:00 Icaeth wrote:
h2h its a tiebreaker, ryung plays against supernova and flash and won. Why make them play again xD


Because people like to complain about stuff when their favorite player fails to advance.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
October 25 2012 13:06 GMT
#2171
On October 25 2012 22:04 liberate71 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:43 Dodgin wrote:
in all honesty I think they will seed NesTea back in, I'm sure he's saved up enough air miles for a Code S seed.

We just need to have Wax write up a TL article on why they should seed him in like Fionn did for Polt that one time.

I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


Whilst I can see why they would seed NesTea, I can also see people rolling their eyes and claiming its a waste, especially if he gets KO'd in Ro32 or even Ro16.

If he should win, it would be the most amazing thing ever.

edit: Couldn't be worse than seeding IdrA


if they seed nestea now i see him going 0-4 easily, idra at least took a game in code S
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
Mackus
Profile Joined January 2011
England1681 Posts
October 25 2012 13:08 GMT
#2172
On October 25 2012 22:06 X3GoldDot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:04 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:43 Dodgin wrote:
in all honesty I think they will seed NesTea back in, I'm sure he's saved up enough air miles for a Code S seed.

We just need to have Wax write up a TL article on why they should seed him in like Fionn did for Polt that one time.

I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


Whilst I can see why they would seed NesTea, I can also see people rolling their eyes and claiming its a waste, especially if he gets KO'd in Ro32 or even Ro16.

If he should win, it would be the most amazing thing ever.

edit: Couldn't be worse than seeding IdrA


if they seed nestea now i see him going 0-4 easily, idra at least took a game in code S


Where does this logic come from considering Nestea was in the same group as Idra back then and topped the group?
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
October 25 2012 13:08 GMT
#2173
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:43 Dodgin wrote:
in all honesty I think they will seed NesTea back in, I'm sure he's saved up enough air miles for a Code S seed.

We just need to have Wax write up a TL article on why they should seed him in like Fionn did for Polt that one time.

I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


no, nestea is not a definite seed, and yonghwa deserves the seed the most out of all players atm, he is just an absolute freaking beast in gstl, and of course youd seed players doing well in your own team league wouldnt you, and yonghwa also got 1st in wcg which while having very low prestige still had insanely good players in it.......
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
Jigsy
Profile Joined June 2011
21 Posts
October 25 2012 13:08 GMT
#2174
On October 25 2012 22:05 Hall0wed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:00 Icaeth wrote:
h2h its a tiebreaker, ryung plays against supernova and flash and won. Why make them play again xD


Because people like to complain about stuff when their favorite player fails to advance.


Well my favorite player in that group is Supernova and he would be out anyway.
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
October 25 2012 13:08 GMT
#2175
On October 25 2012 22:08 Mackus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:06 X3GoldDot wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:04 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:43 Dodgin wrote:
in all honesty I think they will seed NesTea back in, I'm sure he's saved up enough air miles for a Code S seed.

We just need to have Wax write up a TL article on why they should seed him in like Fionn did for Polt that one time.

I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


Whilst I can see why they would seed NesTea, I can also see people rolling their eyes and claiming its a waste, especially if he gets KO'd in Ro32 or even Ro16.

If he should win, it would be the most amazing thing ever.

edit: Couldn't be worse than seeding IdrA


if they seed nestea now i see him going 0-4 easily, idra at least took a game in code S


Where does this logic come from considering Nestea was in the same group as Idra back then and topped the group?


because nestea was better back then, much better infact than now, as of now he is worse than idra back in january
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
October 25 2012 13:08 GMT
#2176
On October 25 2012 22:06 X3GoldDot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:04 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:43 Dodgin wrote:
in all honesty I think they will seed NesTea back in, I'm sure he's saved up enough air miles for a Code S seed.

We just need to have Wax write up a TL article on why they should seed him in like Fionn did for Polt that one time.

I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


Whilst I can see why they would seed NesTea, I can also see people rolling their eyes and claiming its a waste, especially if he gets KO'd in Ro32 or even Ro16.

If he should win, it would be the most amazing thing ever.

edit: Couldn't be worse than seeding IdrA


if they seed nestea now i see him going 0-4 easily, idra at least took a game in code S


Him going 0-4 last season was surprising, I wouldnt say he would "easily" get 0-4'd at all...

+ Show Spoiler +
He beat last weekends GSL final runner up today in a Bo3...
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 25 2012 13:09 GMT
#2177
On October 25 2012 22:08 X3GoldDot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:08 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:06 X3GoldDot wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:04 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
[quote]
I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


Whilst I can see why they would seed NesTea, I can also see people rolling their eyes and claiming its a waste, especially if he gets KO'd in Ro32 or even Ro16.

If he should win, it would be the most amazing thing ever.

edit: Couldn't be worse than seeding IdrA


if they seed nestea now i see him going 0-4 easily, idra at least took a game in code S


Where does this logic come from considering Nestea was in the same group as Idra back then and topped the group?


because nestea was better back then, much better infact than now, as of now he is worse than idra back in january


let's not go that far.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
October 25 2012 13:09 GMT
#2178
On October 25 2012 22:08 X3GoldDot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:08 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:06 X3GoldDot wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:04 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
[quote]
I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


Whilst I can see why they would seed NesTea, I can also see people rolling their eyes and claiming its a waste, especially if he gets KO'd in Ro32 or even Ro16.

If he should win, it would be the most amazing thing ever.

edit: Couldn't be worse than seeding IdrA


if they seed nestea now i see him going 0-4 easily, idra at least took a game in code S


Where does this logic come from considering Nestea was in the same group as Idra back then and topped the group?


because nestea was better back then, much better infact than now, as of now he is worse than idra back in january


no he isn't. Not even close
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
October 25 2012 13:10 GMT
#2179
On October 25 2012 22:08 liberate71 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:06 X3GoldDot wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:04 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:43 Dodgin wrote:
in all honesty I think they will seed NesTea back in, I'm sure he's saved up enough air miles for a Code S seed.

We just need to have Wax write up a TL article on why they should seed him in like Fionn did for Polt that one time.

I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


Whilst I can see why they would seed NesTea, I can also see people rolling their eyes and claiming its a waste, especially if he gets KO'd in Ro32 or even Ro16.

If he should win, it would be the most amazing thing ever.

edit: Couldn't be worse than seeding IdrA


if they seed nestea now i see him going 0-4 easily, idra at least took a game in code S


Him going 0-4 last season was surprising, I wouldnt say he would "easily" get 0-4'd at all...

+ Show Spoiler +
He beat last weekends GSL final runner up today in a Bo3...


it wasnt surprising in the slightest, i expected it, so did many, if you go back to the thread, many were already stating he was in a slump, and he only got many votes to advance the group due to fans trying to be optimistic, not because of reality. the major upset was sparta 2-1ing nestea
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
October 25 2012 13:10 GMT
#2180
On October 25 2012 22:08 X3GoldDot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 22:08 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:06 X3GoldDot wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:04 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 22:02 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:54 liberate71 wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:52 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Dodgin wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:47 Mackus wrote:
On October 25 2012 21:45 opterown wrote:
[quote]
I'm hedging my bets on YongHwa


I've seen his name mentioned before but why does he deserve a seed? He's really unproven in the individual leagues


http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/World_Cyber_Games_2012/Qualifiers/Korea/Main_Tournament

also 2 recent all kills in GSTL

silver medal in homestory cup 5 too


WCG is nothing these days though with WCS taking all the spotlight and I said Individual leagues!

If I were to look at tournaments to seed players on it would be Last and ironically First - MLG finalist but foreigners bring the viewers in I think we'll see someone completely unexpected.


Last? Pity Seed? The Finals are Bo7... what a waste.


I can imagine the finals when he's 2-0 up and everyone shouts JUST DONT WIN THIS GAME :D

I think Nestea is guaranteed a seed but it's hard to see where the 2nd seed comes from - Sen has a shout making the WCS Finals from Asian bracket but not as big as a shout as others.


Whilst I can see why they would seed NesTea, I can also see people rolling their eyes and claiming its a waste, especially if he gets KO'd in Ro32 or even Ro16.

If he should win, it would be the most amazing thing ever.

edit: Couldn't be worse than seeding IdrA


if they seed nestea now i see him going 0-4 easily, idra at least took a game in code S


Where does this logic come from considering Nestea was in the same group as Idra back then and topped the group?


because nestea was better back then, much better infact than now, as of now he is worse than idra back in january


You often come out with outlandish statements, and this is definitely one of them
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 147
RuFF_SC2 104
ProTech59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15722
Rain 2258
Artosis 570
NaDa 16
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift3503
Counter-Strike
taco 388
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox600
Mew2King105
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor972
Other Games
summit1g8555
Day[9].tv691
JimRising 558
PiGStarcraft316
C9.Mang0261
ViBE49
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 156
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv691
• Scarra560
• Shiphtur200
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 28m
OSC
20h 28m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.