• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:57
CEST 13:57
KST 20:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8239 users

ASUS ROG The GD Invitational Playoffs - Page 42

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 Next All
Nifel
Profile Joined June 2010
706 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 22:05:36
October 14 2012 20:03 GMT
#821
Tournament was a pleasure to watch, for sure. 2GD and crew never disappoints. Also, really impressive play by Thorzain through and through. Those last games were pretty flawless. Happy to see Elfi and TLO being back on track after being a bit under the radar lately (I guess Elfi has been a bit more prominent than TLO though).

But holy cow, as someone mentioned earlier..Apollo's casting was probably the best I've ever heard. That man is on fire.
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
October 14 2012 20:03 GMT
#822
Congrats to Thorzain! What Curse?

Great tournament too by Elfi.

Thanks to all the players, Semmler, Apollo, 2GD and ASUS Rog for putting on a really great show for us! Appreciate it!
Daray
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
6006 Posts
October 14 2012 20:07 GMT
#823
On October 15 2012 04:59 Tilastomursu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 04:58 Anonymous_Coward wrote:
On October 15 2012 04:55 Willzzz wrote:
On October 15 2012 04:50 KalWarkov wrote:
elfi destroyed my pleasure of watching this tournament. knocking out better players on his road to the finals, making the finals far less interesting than they should be.
im just glad thorzain won now ~.~


Elfi doesn't provide interesting games???
Elfi is nuts, his games are great, him along with TLO, Naama, Life, etc.

Surely upsets are exciting in of themselves?



The other players at least seem to know how to transition in to the late game and can play a straight up macro match. Elfi always seems lost when it gets past the 12 minute mark.

His games are entertaining, but I'd have been disappointed if he won the tournament.


Did you see his games vs. Lucifron?


I guess not. He's just hating on elfi when he uses risky builds/cheese against someone better than him.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 14 2012 20:08 GMT
#824
Oh, Thorzain won a tournament? AND I STILL DIDN"T GET TO SEE HIM WIN.

So far I've managed to miss watching th TSL3 finals, Dreamhack Stockholm, and now this.
I seem to only be able to watch when he comes 2nd, in the IPL TAC, Dreamhack Valencia, in that online tournament vs Lucifron.


fuuuuuuuu

EVERY, GODDAM, TIME.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-14 20:11:38
October 14 2012 20:10 GMT
#825
On October 15 2012 05:08 MCDayC wrote:
Oh, Thorzain won a tournament? AND I STILL DIDN"T GET TO SEE HIM WIN.

So far I've managed to miss watching th TSL3 finals, Dreamhack Stockholm, and now this.
I seem to only be able to watch when he comes 2nd, in the IPL TAC, Dreamhack Valencia, in that online tournament vs Lucifron.


fuuuuuuuu

EVERY, GODDAM, TIME.

Obviously you are a bad luck charm, and you watching causes Thorzain to lose in Finals. Keep tuning out at semi-final stage and Thorzain will keep winning!

Also VODs are your friend.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 14 2012 20:11 GMT
#826
On October 15 2012 05:10 revel8 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:08 MCDayC wrote:
Oh, Thorzain won a tournament? AND I STILL DIDN"T GET TO SEE HIM WIN.

So far I've managed to miss watching th TSL3 finals, Dreamhack Stockholm, and now this.
I seem to only be able to watch when he comes 2nd, in the IPL TAC, Dreamhack Valencia, in that online tournament vs Lucifron.


fuuuuuuuu

EVERY, GODDAM, TIME.


VODs are your friend.

Not if they're twitchtv vods for me. And thats hardly the point. There maybe no EG curse, but there's something going on with me and watching Thorzain win.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 14 2012 20:11 GMT
#827
On October 15 2012 05:08 MCDayC wrote:
Oh, Thorzain won a tournament? AND I STILL DIDN"T GET TO SEE HIM WIN.

So far I've managed to miss watching th TSL3 finals, Dreamhack Stockholm, and now this.
I seem to only be able to watch when he comes 2nd, in the IPL TAC, Dreamhack Valencia, in that online tournament vs Lucifron.


fuuuuuuuu

EVERY, GODDAM, TIME.

Moral of the story? Become a thorzain antifan boom never deal with this again.
Glorious SEA doto
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
October 14 2012 20:12 GMT
#828
On October 15 2012 05:08 MCDayC wrote:
Oh, Thorzain won a tournament? AND I STILL DIDN"T GET TO SEE HIM WIN.

So far I've managed to miss watching th TSL3 finals, Dreamhack Stockholm, and now this.
I seem to only be able to watch when he comes 2nd, in the IPL TAC, Dreamhack Valencia, in that online tournament vs Lucifron.


fuuuuuuuu

EVERY, GODDAM, TIME.


So don't watch if you want him to win
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 14 2012 20:17 GMT
#829
On October 15 2012 05:11 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:08 MCDayC wrote:
Oh, Thorzain won a tournament? AND I STILL DIDN"T GET TO SEE HIM WIN.

So far I've managed to miss watching th TSL3 finals, Dreamhack Stockholm, and now this.
I seem to only be able to watch when he comes 2nd, in the IPL TAC, Dreamhack Valencia, in that online tournament vs Lucifron.


fuuuuuuuu

EVERY, GODDAM, TIME.

Moral of the story? Become a thorzain antifan boom never deal with this again.

Please don't say your a Thorzain antifan, I thought you were cool. I think the trick is to never watch him play ever again, and I'll run the fanclub of the greatest progamer of all time cause he'll never loose.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 14 2012 20:18 GMT
#830
On October 15 2012 05:17 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:11 Fusilero wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:08 MCDayC wrote:
Oh, Thorzain won a tournament? AND I STILL DIDN"T GET TO SEE HIM WIN.

So far I've managed to miss watching th TSL3 finals, Dreamhack Stockholm, and now this.
I seem to only be able to watch when he comes 2nd, in the IPL TAC, Dreamhack Valencia, in that online tournament vs Lucifron.


fuuuuuuuu

EVERY, GODDAM, TIME.

Moral of the story? Become a thorzain antifan boom never deal with this again.

Please don't say your a Thorzain antifan, I thought you were cool. I think the trick is to never watch him play ever again, and I'll run the fanclub of the greatest progamer of all time cause he'll never loose.

I'm a thorzain fan, just looking out for you if you don't like a player you never have to deal with the stress of him losing it worked wonderfully for me with revival until that fucking patch.
Glorious SEA doto
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
October 14 2012 20:18 GMT
#831
On October 15 2012 05:11 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:10 revel8 wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:08 MCDayC wrote:
Oh, Thorzain won a tournament? AND I STILL DIDN"T GET TO SEE HIM WIN.

So far I've managed to miss watching th TSL3 finals, Dreamhack Stockholm, and now this.
I seem to only be able to watch when he comes 2nd, in the IPL TAC, Dreamhack Valencia, in that online tournament vs Lucifron.


fuuuuuuuu

EVERY, GODDAM, TIME.


VODs are your friend.

Not if they're twitchtv vods for me. And thats hardly the point. There maybe no EG curse, but there's something going on with me and watching Thorzain win.

as a fellow Thorzain fan, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop watching him play.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 14 2012 21:13 GMT
#832
On October 15 2012 05:18 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2012 05:11 MCDayC wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:10 revel8 wrote:
On October 15 2012 05:08 MCDayC wrote:
Oh, Thorzain won a tournament? AND I STILL DIDN"T GET TO SEE HIM WIN.

So far I've managed to miss watching th TSL3 finals, Dreamhack Stockholm, and now this.
I seem to only be able to watch when he comes 2nd, in the IPL TAC, Dreamhack Valencia, in that online tournament vs Lucifron.


fuuuuuuuu

EVERY, GODDAM, TIME.


VODs are your friend.

Not if they're twitchtv vods for me. And thats hardly the point. There maybe no EG curse, but there's something going on with me and watching Thorzain win.

as a fellow Thorzain fan, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop watching him play.

Right on it, no change from what I would actually do, just now there's intent behind it.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Falconblade
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1035 Posts
October 14 2012 21:15 GMT
#833
Damn, the EG curse claims another.
Phobbers
Profile Joined May 2011
773 Posts
October 14 2012 21:17 GMT
#834
Woot woot, nice job by Thorzain!
EG/C9/ALL/TSM
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
October 14 2012 21:27 GMT
#835
Looks like Thorzain has once again reasserted himself as the #1 foreign terran.
LawnMower
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden557 Posts
October 14 2012 21:32 GMT
#836
Nicely done Thorzain! A bit sad for TLO, but he did show great games yesterday.

And holy hell I'm starting to fall in love with Apollo's casting.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russel
Quasimoto3000
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States471 Posts
October 14 2012 21:46 GMT
#837
Would have to loved to have seen a tlo vs thorzain finals, but still a cool tournament.
Every sunday a nun lays from my gunplay
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46502 Posts
October 14 2012 21:55 GMT
#838
Thorzaaaaaain!!!! ♥
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Alberyayo
Profile Joined January 2012
Netherlands21 Posts
October 14 2012 21:58 GMT
#839
Very good tournament by thegdteam, really happy to see no one was forgotten at the airport. Good winner in Thorzai, was really hoping for TLO to win it though
"Teach lab"
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 14 2012 22:01 GMT
#840
For liquipedia purposes should I add thorzain to the assembly champions or next asus rog invite champion or shall we keep it separate from the asus rog events.
Glorious SEA doto
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 725
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko418
OGKoka 227
Rex 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52915
Calm 3804
Shuttle 2136
Bisu 1161
FanTaSy 1027
firebathero 375
Zeus 340
Hyuk 277
Stork 248
actioN 228
[ Show more ]
Soma 220
Mini 201
Rush 170
Soulkey 150
EffOrt 136
Last 136
Light 132
ZerO 91
Snow 85
Mong 76
Dewaltoss 67
Pusan 60
JYJ 46
Free 41
Killer 41
NotJumperer 38
Bale 37
Barracks 33
Shinee 30
hero 29
ToSsGirL 29
Shine 25
Noble 25
yabsab 23
Sharp 21
sorry 20
Aegong 19
PianO 16
Sacsri 13
HiyA 13
Dota 2
Gorgc5202
Dendi536
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1392
kRYSTAL_48
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
gofns36366
singsing1941
B2W.Neo530
crisheroes255
DeMusliM203
Livibee59
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 4m
OSC
10h 19m
Replay Cast
11h 4m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.