• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:42
CEST 14:42
KST 21:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13215 users

Semi-Pro Gaming League: Swiss Tournament - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
fteneq
Profile Joined August 2012
United States49 Posts
August 07 2012 00:50 GMT
#21
Hiya, I don't see anywhere to sign up. Would love to get in and get owned.
"For the Overmind"
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 07 2012 01:04 GMT
#22
On August 07 2012 09:50 fteneq wrote:
Hiya, I don't see anywhere to sign up. Would love to get in and get owned.


Click on any of the regions in the OP. All of them will bring you to the signup page.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
flyingteapot
Profile Joined August 2011
United States11 Posts
August 07 2012 04:15 GMT
#23
How did you did you divide the regions, because some of the regions seem a little disproportionate in population size therefore possible skill potential in that region.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 07 2012 09:58 GMT
#24
On August 07 2012 13:15 flyingteapot wrote:
How did you did you divide the regions, because some of the regions seem a little disproportionate in population size therefore possible skill potential in that region.

There were polls I put out several months back to gauge interest in the league and what region the interest came from. After so much time has gone by, there is a skew in the population, and we will be able to adjust regions to better fit that population.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
Gofarman
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada648 Posts
August 08 2012 02:18 GMT
#25
I just realized that this is starting on a Wednesday at noon... are gaming being played out immediately in succession or is there some ability to schedule out some games?

As a Semi-pro league I would hope you would have some ability to cater to different schedules. I know I will never be able to play out a tourney during the day on a weekday and most of the players I represent or could recruit would fall under the same issue. School, Work, or other commitments would ruin a players ability to consistently be able to dedicate a time to a tournament, since they are by definition amateurs and have other commitments.

Well, good luck regardless.
Metalteeth
Profile Joined December 2011
United States115 Posts
August 08 2012 02:34 GMT
#26
On August 08 2012 11:18 Gofarman wrote:
I just realized that this is starting on a Wednesday at noon... are gaming being played out immediately in succession or is there some ability to schedule out some games?

As a Semi-pro league I would hope you would have some ability to cater to different schedules. I know I will never be able to play out a tourney during the day on a weekday and most of the players I represent or could recruit would fall under the same issue. School, Work, or other commitments would ruin a players ability to consistently be able to dedicate a time to a tournament, since they are by definition amateurs and have other commitments.

Well, good luck regardless.

It's 2 series a week, you don't ahve to do it at any specific time, they just have to be uploaded by the end of the window.
Twitter: @Metalteeth9 GoGo Starcraft!
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 08 2012 02:39 GMT
#27
On August 08 2012 11:18 Gofarman wrote:
I just realized that this is starting on a Wednesday at noon... are gaming being played out immediately in succession or is there some ability to schedule out some games?

As a Semi-pro league I would hope you would have some ability to cater to different schedules. I know I will never be able to play out a tourney during the day on a weekday and most of the players I represent or could recruit would fall under the same issue. School, Work, or other commitments would ruin a players ability to consistently be able to dedicate a time to a tournament, since they are by definition amateurs and have other commitments.

Well, good luck regardless.


Metal has it right just above this. There are a total of 8 series that are matched up over the length of 1 month. That gives 2 series a week with 3-4 days to complete each one. This allows a larger number of players to compete, and not worry about staying up late or getting up early to compete in something. Plus, it allows us working folks to compete as well. Also, hope I answered all your questions via Skype
Founder of the New England SC2 League
flyingteapot
Profile Joined August 2011
United States11 Posts
August 08 2012 06:35 GMT
#28
On August 07 2012 18:58 Drogith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 13:15 flyingteapot wrote:
How did you did you divide the regions, because some of the regions seem a little disproportionate in population size therefore possible skill potential in that region.

There were polls I put out several months back to gauge interest in the league and what region the interest came from. After so much time has gone by, there is a skew in the population, and we will be able to adjust regions to better fit that population.


Ah that makes sense, I can't believe I didn't see those polls.

Well thanks for doing this tournament, and I really like the swiss style!
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 14:34:12
August 08 2012 14:16 GMT
#29
ALL MATCHES ARE ON!
Make sure to check where you are and arrange your matches. Deadline to report matches is August 11 @ midnight!
http://www.z33k.com/games/starcraft2/leagues/8153-spgl-season-1-main-tier-swiss-tournament/groups

Also note! SOME OF YOU DIDN'T SEND ME YOUR REGION and I was unable to locate where you are from. I would normally boot you from the tournament, but It's our first go round, so I need the following people to get back to me so we can adjust where they belong.
+ Show Spoiler +

Archaic
Kayce
Ryujiu
LastCall
Arthur
mourad
Neo
OkAdept
spirit
ClairvoyancE
PsionicLord
RomanDragon
Skyrim
STn
Tensai
scdkorlith
Founder of the New England SC2 League
Chrian
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1472 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 16:39:47
August 08 2012 16:39 GMT
#30
How are we handling vetoes/what's the map pool? I might just be going partial retard but I can't find anything regarding maps in the rules/info anywhere here or on z33k.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 08 2012 16:56 GMT
#31
On August 09 2012 01:39 Chrian wrote:
How are we handling vetoes/what's the map pool? I might just be going partial retard but I can't find anything regarding maps in the rules/info anywhere here or on z33k.

It's on the page. Can't believe I forgot to add that part. It's the same as normal tournaments. Higher seed is person on left.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
Chrian
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1472 Posts
August 08 2012 17:21 GMT
#32
Thanks yo. You're the man now, dogg.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
August 08 2012 17:47 GMT
#33
now I might be going full retard... but where do I see who I'm supposed to play? x_x
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 08 2012 17:48 GMT
#34
On August 09 2012 02:47 Pokebunny wrote:
now I might be going full retard... but where do I see who I'm supposed to play? x_x

I added the link to the OP
http://www.z33k.com/games/starcraft2/leagues/8153-spgl-season-1-main-tier-swiss-tournament/groups
But just click on your region and it will show you.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
pm_squad
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico180 Posts
August 08 2012 18:06 GMT
#35
Is it too late to register for this? I completely missed it and was really looking forward to it .
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 08 2012 18:29 GMT
#36
On August 09 2012 03:06 pm_squad wrote:
Is it too late to register for this? I completely missed it and was really looking forward to it .

Yes, registration ended last night at midnight PT.

The good news is that there is another tournament coming up at the end of the month that is the same style as this. It will be the very last way of getting into the SPGL in season 1: SPGL Season 1 Open.

So as a recap for the 3 tiers:
Premier: 16 man regional - Top 8 stay, bottom 8 have to fight to stay, Top 2 go to Nationals. Now invite only.
Main: 32 man regional Swiss - Top 8 fight to move up to premier, middle 16 stay, bottom 8 get booted. Now invite only.
Open: 32 man region Swiss - Top 8 move up to Main, rest get booted.

If you get booted at any time, you can still sign up for the open tournament. There are also mini tournaments to find seeding during off months.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
pm_squad
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico180 Posts
August 08 2012 18:52 GMT
#37
Dam alright then. Figured there might've been some wiggle room since The cap for southwest was not reached. Guess I'll have to make sure I keep an eye out on the next one.
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 08 2012 21:23 GMT
#38
On August 09 2012 03:52 pm_squad wrote:
Dam alright then. Figured there might've been some wiggle room since The cap for southwest was not reached. Guess I'll have to make sure I keep an eye out on the next one.


Yeah, like I said above, there are more tournament to come. A lot of this season is filling up the 3 tiers we have. If you are good enough, you'll move up no problem at all!
Founder of the New England SC2 League
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 16 2012 00:15 GMT
#39
Just under 7 hours to finish your matches. Glad to see more activity in most regions. Whats going on in the Southwest? It's like you guys are scared to play each other. :p
Founder of the New England SC2 League
Drogith
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1350 Posts
August 16 2012 12:12 GMT
#40
Your 3rd round matches are now up and available to play. Remember, it is up to you to get in contact with your opponent. If you cannot get in contact with them, take a screen shot and pm SemiProGaming on the Z33k site. You will be rewarded a win, instead of both players being set as forfeit, which counts as a loss.

Results are due by Saturday at midnight.
Founder of the New England SC2 League
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings121
CranKy Ducklings SOOP51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko315
SHIN 208
ProTech135
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39040
Bisu 1859
Hyuk 1557
Shuttle 1475
EffOrt 461
Larva 326
Mind 317
Mini 291
firebathero 237
Soma 216
[ Show more ]
ZerO 181
Last 144
Leta 98
Hm[arnc] 97
Zeus 75
Pusan 57
Sexy 55
hero 49
Hyun 48
Trap 43
Killer 40
Bale 36
PianO 26
ToSsGirL 25
Aegong 23
sorry 19
zelot 19
JulyZerg 10
yabsab 10
Noble 9
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
Gorgc2915
qojqva1542
Dendi1118
XaKoH 419
XcaliburYe390
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1543
crisheroes368
Other Games
gofns35064
singsing2618
B2W.Neo1075
Happy280
DeMusliM246
ToD125
Livibee124
Mew2King102
ArmadaUGS54
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8995
League of Legends
• Jankos1652
Other Games
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 18m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 18m
INu's Battles
23h 18m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.