• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:42
CEST 11:42
KST 18:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)34Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9658 users

[WCS] South Korea Preliminaries Day 2 - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 98 Next
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
July 23 2012 03:11 GMT
#201
On July 23 2012 12:11 Corrosive wrote:
since when do you drop right on top of the army? i thought drops were supposed to exploit the immobility of mech


Against heavy tank play drops will make the terran army destroy itself.

On July 23 2012 12:10 bokchoi wrote:
Sea so handsome. Great mech transition and play.


Sea didn't do anything noteworthy.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
July 23 2012 03:12 GMT
#202
Ohana, I feel a roach bane bust.
Moderator
Disastorm
Profile Joined January 2008
United States922 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 03:12:39
July 23 2012 03:12 GMT
#203
On July 23 2012 12:11 Corrosive wrote:
since when do you drop right on top of the army? i thought drops were supposed to exploit the immobility of mech

No people have discovered that dropping on top of the army can win the game or at least do massive damage if you can get the overlords there. I think Life lost too many ovies to thor vollies and turrets before he dropped his units.
"Don't worry so much man. There won't be any more zergs left to QQ. Lots of QQ about TvT is incoming though I bet." - Vrok 9/21/10
maracuja123
Profile Joined February 2012
Brazil419 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 03:14:18
July 23 2012 03:13 GMT
#204
Can someone please explain to me why we have shitty quality stream if this is not really a GOMTV tournament but a Blizzard one? I mean, we had acess to high quality stream from every country in the world in each qualifer (Canada, USA, Sweden, Spain, Taiwan, Russia, etc.) but when it comes to WCS Korea, we get only 360p which is really horrible. I don`t think it`s fair for Blizzard to allow this thing to happen and neither GOMTV to actually do that. They can do it in their tournaments, but even WCS man, srsly?

And no, I will not pay. I``m just saying something and I`m curious why is that, since it`s a tournament that will end in a few days and it`s not like GSL or GSTL where we basically see every week.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
July 23 2012 03:14 GMT
#205
On July 23 2012 12:13 maracuja123 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we have shitty quality stream if this is not really a GOMTV tournament but a Blizzard one? I mean, we had acess to high quality stream from every country in the world in each qualifer (Canada, USA, Sweden, Spain, Taiwan, Russia, etc.) but when it comes to WCS Korea, we get only 360p which is really horrible. I don`t think it`s fair for Blizzard to allow this thing to happen and neither GOMTV to actually do that. They can do it in their tournaments, but even WCS man, srsly?

And no, I will not pay. I``m just saying something and I`m curious why is that...

360p+ that's free? No complaints here
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
July 23 2012 03:14 GMT
#206
On July 23 2012 12:13 maracuja123 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we have shitty quality stream if this is not really a GOMTV tournament but a Blizzard one? I mean, we had acess to high quality stream from every country in the world in each qualifer (Canada, USA, Sweden, Spain, Taiwan, Russia, etc.) but when it comes to WCS Korea, we get only 360p which is really horrible. I don`t think it`s fair for Blizzard to allow this thing to happen and neither GOMTV to actually do that. They can do it in their tournaments, but even WCS man, srsly?

And no, I will not pay. I``m just saying something and I`d like to know the answer.


These are the prelims for the qualifier. Also the Korea qualifier is being run by GOM and is going to replace GSL for a month. So it's going to be a Super Tournament/World Championship-like side tournament.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Coffin
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany229 Posts
July 23 2012 03:14 GMT
#207
This isnt the qualifier, this is the qualifier to the qualifier.
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
July 23 2012 03:14 GMT
#208
On July 23 2012 12:13 maracuja123 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we have shitty quality stream if this is not really a GOMTV tournament but a Blizzard one? I mean, we had acess to high quality stream from every country in the world in each qualifer (Canada, USA, Sweden, Spain, Taiwan, Russia, etc.) but when it comes to WCS Korea, we get only 360p which is really horrible. I don`t think it`s fair for Blizzard to allow this thing to happen and neither GOMTV to actually do that. They can do it in their tournaments, but even WCS man, srsly?

And no, I will not pay. I``m just saying something and I`m curious why is that...


GOMtv is the national partner. It is their decision to do the stream how they want.
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 03:17:08
July 23 2012 03:14 GMT
#209
On July 23 2012 12:13 maracuja123 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we have shitty quality stream if this is not really a GOMTV tournament but a Blizzard one? I mean, we had acess to high quality stream from every country in the world in each qualifer (Canada, USA, Sweden, Spain, Taiwan, Russia, etc.) but when it comes to WCS Korea, we get only 360p which is really horrible. I don`t think it`s fair for Blizzard to allow this thing to happen and neither GOMTV to actually do that. They can do it in their tournaments, but even WCS man, srsly?

And no, I will not pay. I``m just saying something and I`m curious why is that...

SC2 costs different money, under completely different paying plans, in different regions. Same thing, Blizzard has a special contract about Korea with GOM apparently, which - you can bet - involves part of the money from premium subs.

And the main reason for such exclusive policy is obvious - Korea is special, everybody wants to watch it.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
maracuja123
Profile Joined February 2012
Brazil419 Posts
July 23 2012 03:15 GMT
#210
On July 23 2012 12:14 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 12:13 maracuja123 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we have shitty quality stream if this is not really a GOMTV tournament but a Blizzard one? I mean, we had acess to high quality stream from every country in the world in each qualifer (Canada, USA, Sweden, Spain, Taiwan, Russia, etc.) but when it comes to WCS Korea, we get only 360p which is really horrible. I don`t think it`s fair for Blizzard to allow this thing to happen and neither GOMTV to actually do that. They can do it in their tournaments, but even WCS man, srsly?

And no, I will not pay. I``m just saying something and I`m curious why is that...

360p+ that's free? No complaints here

I know this is better than what GOMTV actually does in their stream, but I still want to know why we can`t have 1080p+ free since it`s a blizzard tournament and none other country managed to control that..
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
July 23 2012 03:16 GMT
#211
Wow, Sea playing so ballsy and greedy.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
July 23 2012 03:16 GMT
#212
I seriously question why Sea is building his third CC at the third.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
DMXD
Profile Joined February 2008
United States4064 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 03:17:12
July 23 2012 03:16 GMT
#213
sea teching and taking a third. O_O
maracuja123
Profile Joined February 2012
Brazil419 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 03:17:51
July 23 2012 03:17 GMT
#214
Lol, allright. Didnt know GOMTV had so much """power""". I know Blizz and them are partners but still is kinda weird to do that :/.

@Fionn, yea , I guess that makes more sense.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 03:17:59
July 23 2012 03:17 GMT
#215
On July 23 2012 12:16 CosmicSpiral wrote:
I seriously question why Sea is building his third CC at the third.


Old habits hard to break.
Moderator
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 23 2012 03:17 GMT
#216
On July 23 2012 12:15 maracuja123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 12:14 SeeKeR wrote:
On July 23 2012 12:13 maracuja123 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why we have shitty quality stream if this is not really a GOMTV tournament but a Blizzard one? I mean, we had acess to high quality stream from every country in the world in each qualifer (Canada, USA, Sweden, Spain, Taiwan, Russia, etc.) but when it comes to WCS Korea, we get only 360p which is really horrible. I don`t think it`s fair for Blizzard to allow this thing to happen and neither GOMTV to actually do that. They can do it in their tournaments, but even WCS man, srsly?

And no, I will not pay. I``m just saying something and I`m curious why is that...

360p+ that's free? No complaints here

I know this is better than what GOMTV actually does in their stream, but I still want to know why we can`t have 1080p+ free since it`s a blizzard tournament and none other country managed to control that..

keyword free. things in life are so rarely free you shouldn't complain
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Scribble
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2077 Posts
July 23 2012 03:17 GMT
#217
On July 23 2012 12:03 kakaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 12:02 Fionn wrote:
On July 23 2012 12:01 kakaman wrote:
How come it seems like the only ex-MBC player who is posting results is MC?


MarineKing.


What results? hohoho


These ones. http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Premier_Tournaments_Medalists#MarineKing
Kieofire
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1809 Posts
July 23 2012 03:18 GMT
#218
On July 23 2012 12:17 maracuja123 wrote:
Lol, allright. Didnt know GOMTV had so much """power""". I know Blizz and them are partners but still is kinda weird to do that :/.


You really expect them to stream at 1080p+ when there are so many people playing a game that requires internet at the same time, it probably wouldn't work out well in the end.
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
July 23 2012 03:18 GMT
#219
3 drones at this point have a lot more EV than 2 hellions wolf.
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 23 2012 03:19 GMT
#220
On July 23 2012 12:18 IshinShishi wrote:
3 drones at this point have a lot more EV than 2 hellions wolf.

EV?
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 98 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1172
Bisu 598
BeSt 376
Hyuk 306
actioN 172
Leta 140
EffOrt 131
Zeus 121
ZerO 84
Light 79
[ Show more ]
Soma 76
Horang2 74
Mind 46
Shinee 46
Mong 41
Killer 35
soO 32
Aegong 31
sorry 28
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 22
PianO 19
Terrorterran 12
Sharp 11
ZergMaN 9
HiyA 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe157
League of Legends
JimRising 379
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1378
shoxiejesuss958
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1749
Other Games
gofns29295
summit1g7736
singsing1453
ceh9602
crisheroes296
XBOCT144
DeMusliM137
ArmadaUGS125
Livibee98
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick536
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream226
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH257
• LUISG 18
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Jankos1599
• Rush1210
• Stunt426
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18m
OSC
3h 18m
Stellar Fest
3h 18m
OSC
14h 18m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.