• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:39
CEST 17:39
KST 00:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8585 users

[IPL] FC25: CoCa vs Squirtle - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
July 10 2012 03:34 GMT
#141
On July 10 2012 12:20 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 12:10 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:48 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:45 Bagration wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:40 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:15 00Visor wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:36 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:26 indxrje wrote:
bring EmpireKas or EmpireHappy next !


As nice as donating money to Squirtle is I would rather it be a bit more of a challenge...

The Gumiho suggestion is great I think, both players have some fun builds and stuff.


Kas did actually win vs Squirtle in the IPL Tournament of Champions.
He also beat Creator lately in the Ritmix RSL. (with the server advantage there, yes)
Show some respect.


Haha you are a funny man. Squirtle would wreck them both in a BO9, games against Gumiho would be much more interesting.


IPL Tournament of Champions wasn't that long ago. Kas is somewhat inconsistent admittedly, sometimes showing great results against even top Koreans, and making all other foreigners look like a league below him, and other times looking like just a normal foreigner.

But Kas already has been invited to the Fight Club, and he lost to Ganzi (though I remember it was a pretty close series), so it would not be fair to invite him back so soon.


Yeah I know how Kas plays and that sometimes he can be good, but comparing him to Squirtle or Gumiho is just laughable.


Why? Kas beat him remember?


Because it is about the body of work? Should we compare Goody to MMA? Sage to DRG? roof to Stephano?


Exactly. It's about body of work. Should we compare Haypro to Nestea? Should we compare Ret to MVP? Nerchio to MC?The list goes on and on. It's absolutely ridiculous to think two players are overall comparable just because one beat the other in a series.
Ritchie
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada206 Posts
July 10 2012 03:39 GMT
#142
Gratz Squirtle! Hope he can win several weeks consecutively so as to become the first play to actually hold on to the title for more than 3 weeks. Seems very unlikely though.
After all, we just want to be happy, don't we?
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
July 10 2012 03:42 GMT
#143
On July 10 2012 12:39 Ritchie wrote:
Gratz Squirtle! Hope he can win several weeks consecutively so as to become the first play to actually hold on to the title for more than 3 weeks. Seems very unlikely though.


If anyone can do it, it's Squirtle. He doesn't really have a weak matchup.
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
July 10 2012 03:47 GMT
#144
On July 10 2012 12:34 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 12:20 vthree wrote:
On July 10 2012 12:10 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:48 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:45 Bagration wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:40 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:15 00Visor wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:36 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:26 indxrje wrote:
bring EmpireKas or EmpireHappy next !


As nice as donating money to Squirtle is I would rather it be a bit more of a challenge...

The Gumiho suggestion is great I think, both players have some fun builds and stuff.


Kas did actually win vs Squirtle in the IPL Tournament of Champions.
He also beat Creator lately in the Ritmix RSL. (with the server advantage there, yes)
Show some respect.


Haha you are a funny man. Squirtle would wreck them both in a BO9, games against Gumiho would be much more interesting.


IPL Tournament of Champions wasn't that long ago. Kas is somewhat inconsistent admittedly, sometimes showing great results against even top Koreans, and making all other foreigners look like a league below him, and other times looking like just a normal foreigner.

But Kas already has been invited to the Fight Club, and he lost to Ganzi (though I remember it was a pretty close series), so it would not be fair to invite him back so soon.


Yeah I know how Kas plays and that sometimes he can be good, but comparing him to Squirtle or Gumiho is just laughable.


Why? Kas beat him remember?


Because it is about the body of work? Should we compare Goody to MMA? Sage to DRG? roof to Stephano?


Exactly. It's about body of work. Should we compare Haypro to Nestea? Should we compare Ret to MVP? Nerchio to MC?The list goes on and on. It's absolutely ridiculous to think two players are overall comparable just because one beat the other in a series.


And the crazy thing is Ret has actually beaten MVP twice now in BO3s and you would have to literally be insane to say that that means Ret is better than or as good as MVP.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 10 2012 03:58 GMT
#145
ooh actually byun vs squirtle?
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
00Visor
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
4337 Posts
July 10 2012 04:28 GMT
#146
On July 10 2012 12:47 Hall0wed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 12:34 HolyArrow wrote:
On July 10 2012 12:20 vthree wrote:
On July 10 2012 12:10 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:48 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:45 Bagration wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:40 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:15 00Visor wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:36 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:26 indxrje wrote:
bring EmpireKas or EmpireHappy next !


As nice as donating money to Squirtle is I would rather it be a bit more of a challenge...

The Gumiho suggestion is great I think, both players have some fun builds and stuff.


Kas did actually win vs Squirtle in the IPL Tournament of Champions.
He also beat Creator lately in the Ritmix RSL. (with the server advantage there, yes)
Show some respect.


Haha you are a funny man. Squirtle would wreck them both in a BO9, games against Gumiho would be much more interesting.


IPL Tournament of Champions wasn't that long ago. Kas is somewhat inconsistent admittedly, sometimes showing great results against even top Koreans, and making all other foreigners look like a league below him, and other times looking like just a normal foreigner.

But Kas already has been invited to the Fight Club, and he lost to Ganzi (though I remember it was a pretty close series), so it would not be fair to invite him back so soon.


Yeah I know how Kas plays and that sometimes he can be good, but comparing him to Squirtle or Gumiho is just laughable.


Why? Kas beat him remember?


Because it is about the body of work? Should we compare Goody to MMA? Sage to DRG? roof to Stephano?


Exactly. It's about body of work. Should we compare Haypro to Nestea? Should we compare Ret to MVP? Nerchio to MC?The list goes on and on. It's absolutely ridiculous to think two players are overall comparable just because one beat the other in a series.


And the crazy thing is Ret has actually beaten MVP twice now in BO3s and you would have to literally be insane to say that that means Ret is better than or as good as MVP.


You said inviting Kas would be donating money to Squirtle. Thats what I denied.
Kas is clearly not better than Squirtle. And Ret isnt better than MVP. But they both showed they can compete.

And I think we need another foreigner in the Fight Club. It has been 7 weeks without one. And they are not many who a better shot than Kas who has already played in this. Out of the top foreigners Naniwa, Sase and Huk didnt play. Time for the first PvP on Fight Club? Though Squirtle is a PvP beast.
iVitaminC
Profile Joined November 2011
United States27 Posts
July 10 2012 04:29 GMT
#147
Its the same in every sport.. styles make fights.. Anderson Silva is lightyears ahead of chael sonnen when it comes to being the p4p best fighter in the world.. yet when they fight Chael gives Silva a run for his money.. yet Chael will never accomplish anything close to what Silva has.. just Chaels style is Silvas weakness

Ret's style poses a threat to MVP yet Ret will never accomplish what MVP has
When ahead!!...... Kill your opponent?
polyphonyEX
Profile Joined May 2012
United States2539 Posts
July 10 2012 04:55 GMT
#148
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 10 2012 05:05 GMT
#149
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
July 10 2012 07:56 GMT
#150
On July 10 2012 14:05 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?

Yea only SaSiWa at this point would stand a chance. Maybe HuK on a good day.
hi. big fan.
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
July 10 2012 08:05 GMT
#151
On July 10 2012 12:58 opterown wrote:
ooh actually byun vs squirtle?

That'd be pretty good!

Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
July 10 2012 08:20 GMT
#152
I feel like DoA has really fallen behind in the sc2 scene since he left Korea. Today he was really shocked about the Carriers and saying Squirtle is the only player that can make them work when in fact they have become a part of the PvZ metagame and are great in the late game. Also I learned that he is a zerg which helps me figure out the reasoning behind some of his biases, such as saying that Symbol is a superstar while Squirtle is not despite him saying in the same cast that he doesn't consider someone a superstar until 6 months of very high performance. I don't like to knock (ha, kevin knocke, punny) on casters but at one point I felt like DoA and Wolf were a great combo, but now I can't help but find myself disappointed in Doa's casts. His overall level of SC2 knowledge just isn't there right now. Thoughts?

Also whatever happened to Painuser and HD?

On July 10 2012 14:05 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?


Would be like 5-1 or 5-2 Squirtle with a few games being stomps for Squirtle.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-10 08:26:22
July 10 2012 08:22 GMT
#153
On July 10 2012 17:20 Hall0wed wrote:


Also whatever happened to Painuser and HD?

Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 14:05 opterown wrote:
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?


Would be like 5-1 or 5-2 Squirtle with a few games being stomps for Squirtle.

painuser/hd left in feb

i think nani-squirtle would be a bit closer than that =]

fwiw i like doa and kevin, they're pretty entertaining
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
July 10 2012 08:25 GMT
#154
On July 10 2012 17:20 Hall0wed wrote:
I feel like DoA has really fallen behind in the sc2 scene since he left Korea. Today he was really shocked about the Carriers and saying Squirtle is the only player that can make them work when in fact they have become a part of the PvZ metagame and are great in the late game. Also I learned that he is a zerg which helps me figure out the reasoning behind some of his biases, such as saying that Symbol is a superstar while Squirtle is not despite him saying in the same cast that he doesn't consider someone a superstar until 6 months of very high performance. I don't like to knock (ha, kevin knocke, punny) on casters but at one point I felt like DoA and Wolf were a great combo, but now I can't help but find myself disappointed in Doa's casts. His overall level of SC2 knowledge just isn't there right now. Thoughts?

Also whatever happened to Painuser and HD?

Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 14:05 opterown wrote:
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?


Would be like 5-1 or 5-2 Squirtle with a few games being stomps for Squirtle.


I don't think his knowledge was ever that good to be honest, I think his real bias is towards SlayerS players, did he switch to zerg? Always thought he was terran, yet played a bit of the other races to help his casting. I only really thought he worked well with Wolf tbh.
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
July 10 2012 08:30 GMT
#155
One thing I learned this weekend is never doubt these top foriegners. MC totally wrecked Nerchio like masters to silver. last time they met and look what happend now. Look at Naniwa. Kas has a shot.
MC for president
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
July 10 2012 09:21 GMT
#156
On July 10 2012 17:22 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 17:20 Hall0wed wrote:


Also whatever happened to Painuser and HD?

On July 10 2012 14:05 opterown wrote:
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?


Would be like 5-1 or 5-2 Squirtle with a few games being stomps for Squirtle.

painuser/hd left in feb

i think nani-squirtle would be a bit closer than that =]

fwiw i like doa and kevin, they're pretty entertaining


I have never been impressed by Naniwa's PvP. Maybe I'll look into some replays of his sometime, but I don't think he would stand much of a chance against Squirtle. Squirtle would probably mind game Naniwa pretty hard too since they live together.


On July 10 2012 17:25 AxionSteel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 17:20 Hall0wed wrote:
I feel like DoA has really fallen behind in the sc2 scene since he left Korea. Today he was really shocked about the Carriers and saying Squirtle is the only player that can make them work when in fact they have become a part of the PvZ metagame and are great in the late game. Also I learned that he is a zerg which helps me figure out the reasoning behind some of his biases, such as saying that Symbol is a superstar while Squirtle is not despite him saying in the same cast that he doesn't consider someone a superstar until 6 months of very high performance. I don't like to knock (ha, kevin knocke, punny) on casters but at one point I felt like DoA and Wolf were a great combo, but now I can't help but find myself disappointed in Doa's casts. His overall level of SC2 knowledge just isn't there right now. Thoughts?

Also whatever happened to Painuser and HD?

On July 10 2012 14:05 opterown wrote:
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?


Would be like 5-1 or 5-2 Squirtle with a few games being stomps for Squirtle.


I don't think his knowledge was ever that good to be honest, I think his real bias is towards SlayerS players, did he switch to zerg? Always thought he was terran, yet played a bit of the other races to help his casting. I only really thought he worked well with Wolf tbh.


He mentioned in this cast that he plays zerg I believe. And yeah his knowledge never stood out, but atleast before I don't remember him just saying a lot of flat out wrong things and contradicting himself mid-cast. Ah well.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
poorcloud
Profile Joined April 2011
Singapore2748 Posts
July 10 2012 17:05 GMT
#157
On July 10 2012 18:21 Hall0wed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 17:22 opterown wrote:
On July 10 2012 17:20 Hall0wed wrote:


Also whatever happened to Painuser and HD?

On July 10 2012 14:05 opterown wrote:
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?


Would be like 5-1 or 5-2 Squirtle with a few games being stomps for Squirtle.

painuser/hd left in feb

i think nani-squirtle would be a bit closer than that =]

fwiw i like doa and kevin, they're pretty entertaining


I have never been impressed by Naniwa's PvP. Maybe I'll look into some replays of his sometime, but I don't think he would stand much of a chance against Squirtle. Squirtle would probably mind game Naniwa pretty hard too since they live together.


Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 17:25 AxionSteel wrote:
On July 10 2012 17:20 Hall0wed wrote:
I feel like DoA has really fallen behind in the sc2 scene since he left Korea. Today he was really shocked about the Carriers and saying Squirtle is the only player that can make them work when in fact they have become a part of the PvZ metagame and are great in the late game. Also I learned that he is a zerg which helps me figure out the reasoning behind some of his biases, such as saying that Symbol is a superstar while Squirtle is not despite him saying in the same cast that he doesn't consider someone a superstar until 6 months of very high performance. I don't like to knock (ha, kevin knocke, punny) on casters but at one point I felt like DoA and Wolf were a great combo, but now I can't help but find myself disappointed in Doa's casts. His overall level of SC2 knowledge just isn't there right now. Thoughts?

Also whatever happened to Painuser and HD?

On July 10 2012 14:05 opterown wrote:
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?


Would be like 5-1 or 5-2 Squirtle with a few games being stomps for Squirtle.


I don't think his knowledge was ever that good to be honest, I think his real bias is towards SlayerS players, did he switch to zerg? Always thought he was terran, yet played a bit of the other races to help his casting. I only really thought he worked well with Wolf tbh.


He mentioned in this cast that he plays zerg I believe. And yeah his knowledge never stood out, but atleast before I don't remember him just saying a lot of flat out wrong things and contradicting himself mid-cast. Ah well.


I can never get over the fact that Doa described a protoss doing a 4 gate against terran as a defensive 4 gate. My opinions of his game knowledge has been greatly influenced by my memory of this.
terranuapart
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada67 Posts
July 10 2012 17:12 GMT
#158
On July 10 2012 16:56 FataLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 14:05 opterown wrote:
On July 10 2012 13:55 polyphonyEX wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:41 TheDougler wrote:
I say HuK next would be exciting. I know a lot of people don't like PvP series but it's starting to become a great matchup and one which the top foriegn protoss (Naniwa, HuK, Mana) can win.

Edit: Wait no. This is better:


On July 10 2012 10:41 PhoenixVoid wrote:
I would love it if IGN could bring DRG or Symbol next.



DRG would be FANTASTIC.

That's just stupid. No foreigner protoss has a PvP on par with Squirtle's. They would get slaughtered.

naniwa maybe?

Yea only SaSiWa at this point would stand a chance. Maybe HuK on a good day.


.. huks pvp is better then naniwas or sase's lol. by a fair margin too imo. huk vs squirtle bo9 would be an extremely close series
Lawliet
Profile Joined May 2010
United States70 Posts
July 10 2012 22:07 GMT
#159
Naiwa's great PvP is one his saving graces in Code S
Dakure
Profile Joined February 2011
United States513 Posts
July 10 2012 22:27 GMT
#160
On July 10 2012 12:34 HolyArrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2012 12:20 vthree wrote:
On July 10 2012 12:10 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:48 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:45 Bagration wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:40 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 11:15 00Visor wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:36 Hall0wed wrote:
On July 10 2012 10:26 indxrje wrote:
bring EmpireKas or EmpireHappy next !


As nice as donating money to Squirtle is I would rather it be a bit more of a challenge...

The Gumiho suggestion is great I think, both players have some fun builds and stuff.


Kas did actually win vs Squirtle in the IPL Tournament of Champions.
He also beat Creator lately in the Ritmix RSL. (with the server advantage there, yes)
Show some respect.


Haha you are a funny man. Squirtle would wreck them both in a BO9, games against Gumiho would be much more interesting.


IPL Tournament of Champions wasn't that long ago. Kas is somewhat inconsistent admittedly, sometimes showing great results against even top Koreans, and making all other foreigners look like a league below him, and other times looking like just a normal foreigner.

But Kas already has been invited to the Fight Club, and he lost to Ganzi (though I remember it was a pretty close series), so it would not be fair to invite him back so soon.


Yeah I know how Kas plays and that sometimes he can be good, but comparing him to Squirtle or Gumiho is just laughable.


Why? Kas beat him remember?


Because it is about the body of work? Should we compare Goody to MMA? Sage to DRG? roof to Stephano?


Exactly. It's about body of work. Should we compare Haypro to Nestea? Should we compare Ret to MVP? Nerchio to MC?The list goes on and on. It's absolutely ridiculous to think two players are overall comparable just because one beat the other in a series.

I think Kas is better than Gumiho. Gumiho lost to a tired Thorzain.
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 481
BRAT_OK 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30706
Shuttle 2414
Bisu 2120
Hyuk 1080
EffOrt 816
Mini 717
Soma 444
Larva 406
ZerO 249
firebathero 236
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Zeus 121
Sexy 60
Hyun 46
Mong 42
Pusan 39
Trap 37
Killer 32
PianO 32
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 29
Aegong 24
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 18
zelot 17
Terrorterran 16
Rock 14
JulyZerg 12
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8985
qojqva1601
Dendi857
Counter-Strike
fl0m3081
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1368
crisheroes1134
Liquid`Hasu569
Other Games
singsing2054
B2W.Neo1035
Beastyqt662
Mlord326
Hui .230
Livibee200
Liquid`VortiX144
KnowMe115
ArmadaUGS113
elazer79
Mew2King79
ZerO(Twitch)17
CosmosSc2 16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 69
• StrangeGG 32
• mYiSmile119
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7905
League of Legends
• Jankos1730
Other Games
• WagamamaTV215
• Shiphtur211
Upcoming Events
FEL
21m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 21m
INu's Battles
20h 21m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.