• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:53
CEST 22:53
KST 05:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7394 users

[IPL] TAC3: EG vs MVP WR2 (Day 17) - Page 10

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
June 13 2012 01:38 GMT
#181
On June 13 2012 10:17 Derez wrote:
If any of the IPL staff read this, could you consider removing the countdown timer bottom right during the rebroadcast? I don't mind the idea but its incredibly big and distracting.

I'm currently covering it with a piece of paper.

...lol why? its their stream, self-promotion dude
¯\_(シ)_/¯
_Nova_
Profile Joined May 2011
United States167 Posts
June 13 2012 01:45 GMT
#182
On June 13 2012 02:31 quannguyen wrote:
Calling a Monster or Finale all-kill

Jokes aside, this will probably be close, but MVP will take this. I'll go with 5-3 ^^

^ I like how he said "jokes aside", but that ended up being correct.. LOL.
theteam
Profile Joined January 2011
United States515 Posts
June 13 2012 01:48 GMT
#183
m-m-m-monster kill
LlamaNamedOsama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1900 Posts
June 13 2012 01:52 GMT
#184
damn, monster is on fire o.o
Dario Wünsch: I guess...Creator...met his maker *sunglasses*
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 02:07:03
June 13 2012 01:57 GMT
#185
On June 13 2012 09:41 Qaatar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 09:40 Nosferatos wrote:
Demuslim should have played.


With the state of TvZ these days, I think Idra was the better choice.


I feel like rarely.. could you ever say "IdrA was the better choice" and be correct nowadays.... don't think this was one of them. All I remember is Demuslim beating Nestea at MLG...I really wish he was put in. More credit to Demuslim for actually being legit, he just gets downplayed on a team with such star-power.

Disappointing result overall, and this was the EG A game lineup. Monster is just on a tear it seems, wonder if he can continue this momentum after this and his MLG result.
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 02:07:33
June 13 2012 02:06 GMT
#186
On June 13 2012 10:57 Slardar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 09:41 Qaatar wrote:
On June 13 2012 09:40 Nosferatos wrote:
Demuslim should have played.


With the state of TvZ these days, I think Idra was the better choice.


I feel like rarely.. could you ever say "IdrA was the better choice" and be correct nowadays.... don't think this was one of them. All I remember is Demuslim beating Nestea at MLG...I really wish he was put in.

Disappointing result overall, and this was the EG A game lineup. Monster is just on a tear it seems, wonder if he can continue this momentum after this and his MLG result.


Demuslim got 2-0'd by STX and Sanddbox this weekend :|
Terran & Potato Salad.
H0RNET
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand138 Posts
June 13 2012 02:13 GMT
#187
DongRaeGu

ALL-KILL
http://hearthstone.in.th
zEnVy
Profile Joined June 2011
United States446 Posts
June 13 2012 02:26 GMT
#188
How is it that EG gets smashed in team leagues constantly? I understand MVP should be the better team, but their roster isn't so deep that they should be able to all kill even the decent foreign teams.
Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
June 13 2012 02:36 GMT
#189
On June 13 2012 10:36 tree.hugger wrote:
Huh, I was talking to Liquid'KingstonHyperX and Liquid'BigfootNetworks about this match, and we all agreed EG needs a dedicated coach. And a Korean training house, don't forget the Korean training house.


Wow, they don't have a coach who's dedicated? Spending money on the wrong things, maybe
If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
Surrealistic
Profile Joined September 2009
311 Posts
June 13 2012 02:37 GMT
#190
On June 13 2012 11:06 Lukeeze[zR] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 10:57 Slardar wrote:
On June 13 2012 09:41 Qaatar wrote:
On June 13 2012 09:40 Nosferatos wrote:
Demuslim should have played.


With the state of TvZ these days, I think Idra was the better choice.


I feel like rarely.. could you ever say "IdrA was the better choice" and be correct nowadays.... don't think this was one of them. All I remember is Demuslim beating Nestea at MLG...I really wish he was put in.

Disappointing result overall, and this was the EG A game lineup. Monster is just on a tear it seems, wonder if he can continue this momentum after this and his MLG result.


Demuslim got 2-0'd by STX and Sanddbox this weekend :|

Wow really? How long before Demuslim is stopped being labelled a potentially great player to just "another" player?
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 13 2012 02:37 GMT
#191
man, poor eg
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
June 13 2012 02:39 GMT
#192
On June 13 2012 11:26 zEnVy wrote:
How is it that EG gets smashed in team leagues constantly? I understand MVP should be the better team, but their roster isn't so deep that they should be able to all kill even the decent foreign teams.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but EG, as a team seems to recruit players on their recent wins then once the player joins the team they "slump" (i.e. Huk)? Also Puma hasn't had any recent metionables either, has he? They just got 4-0 by MVP. I remember a couple month ago on IPL Liquid Sheth did the same thing and ALL-Killed their team. I used to cheer for these guys but with Idra's mega slump (and it seems Huk is there too), I guess I'll have to cross my fingers for Thorzain.
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
June 13 2012 02:43 GMT
#193
On June 13 2012 11:39 SirPinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 11:26 zEnVy wrote:
How is it that EG gets smashed in team leagues constantly? I understand MVP should be the better team, but their roster isn't so deep that they should be able to all kill even the decent foreign teams.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but EG, as a team seems to recruit players on their recent wins then once the player joins the team they "slump" (i.e. Huk)? Also Puma hasn't had any recent metionables either, has he? They just got 4-0 by MVP. I remember a couple month ago on IPL Liquid Sheth did the same thing and ALL-Killed their team. I used to cheer for these guys but with Idra's mega slump (and it seems Huk is there too), I guess I'll have to cross my fingers for Thorzain.


Puma has been one of the most consistent performers for EG, he recently got 5/6th ( same as stephano ) at MLG.
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 02:44:23
June 13 2012 02:43 GMT
#194
On June 13 2012 11:37 Surrealistic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 11:06 Lukeeze[zR] wrote:
On June 13 2012 10:57 Slardar wrote:
On June 13 2012 09:41 Qaatar wrote:
On June 13 2012 09:40 Nosferatos wrote:
Demuslim should have played.


With the state of TvZ these days, I think Idra was the better choice.


I feel like rarely.. could you ever say "IdrA was the better choice" and be correct nowadays.... don't think this was one of them. All I remember is Demuslim beating Nestea at MLG...I really wish he was put in.

Disappointing result overall, and this was the EG A game lineup. Monster is just on a tear it seems, wonder if he can continue this momentum after this and his MLG result.


Demuslim got 2-0'd by STX and Sanddbox this weekend :|

Wow really? How long before Demuslim is stopped being labelled a potentially great player to just "another" player?

As long as he continues to kick ass on stream, as long as he's continued to be hyped by many of his peers, and as long as he takes out guys like Nestea, HerO, and Ryung once in a while ¯\_(シ)_/¯
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
June 13 2012 02:44 GMT
#195
On June 13 2012 11:39 SirPinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 11:26 zEnVy wrote:
How is it that EG gets smashed in team leagues constantly? I understand MVP should be the better team, but their roster isn't so deep that they should be able to all kill even the decent foreign teams.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but EG, as a team seems to recruit players on their recent wins then once the player joins the team they "slump" (i.e. Huk)? Also Puma hasn't had any recent metionables either, has he? They just got 4-0 by MVP. I remember a couple month ago on IPL Liquid Sheth did the same thing and ALL-Killed their team. I used to cheer for these guys but with Idra's mega slump (and it seems Huk is there too), I guess I'll have to cross my fingers for Thorzain.


Puma did win IEM and NASL S2 while under EG, and Huk won MLG Orlando. EG has floundered in teamleagues, but then again, SK-IM, which was probably one of the most stacked teams this GSTL, floundered hard as well. Got to give EG credit for this though: They had a pretty good showing at MLG, got 3 guys into pools, and Puma even won his group. Tonight was embarassing, but better teams have been all-killed before.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Irave
Profile Joined October 2010
United States9965 Posts
June 13 2012 02:44 GMT
#196
Wasn't really expecting an all kill but hey I'm happy with that.
zEnVy
Profile Joined June 2011
United States446 Posts
June 13 2012 02:49 GMT
#197
I guess I'll take solace in the fact that QXC all killed IM whilst still in college.
SirPinky
Profile Joined February 2011
United States525 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-13 02:59:03
June 13 2012 02:57 GMT
#198
On June 13 2012 11:44 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 11:39 SirPinky wrote:
On June 13 2012 11:26 zEnVy wrote:
How is it that EG gets smashed in team leagues constantly? I understand MVP should be the better team, but their roster isn't so deep that they should be able to all kill even the decent foreign teams.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but EG, as a team seems to recruit players on their recent wins then once the player joins the team they "slump" (i.e. Huk)? Also Puma hasn't had any recent metionables either, has he? They just got 4-0 by MVP. I remember a couple month ago on IPL Liquid Sheth did the same thing and ALL-Killed their team. I used to cheer for these guys but with Idra's mega slump (and it seems Huk is there too), I guess I'll have to cross my fingers for Thorzain.


Puma did win IEM and NASL S2 while under EG, and Huk won MLG Orlando. EG has floundered in teamleagues, but then again, SK-IM, which was probably one of the most stacked teams this GSTL, floundered hard as well. Got to give EG credit for this though: They had a pretty good showing at MLG, got 3 guys into pools, and Puma even won his group. Tonight was embarassing, but better teams have been all-killed before.


Huk won MLG Orlando in October 2011. You know how many matches they've played since then .
How many months and/or years have to go by until he is considered in the same boat as Idra? I watched his stream when he was in Korea, and he consistently lost to high masters with questionable builds - go figure...im not even a toss player :|
I think as more players come into the sc2 community, some of these players from EG, which were once considered "great" will now be called "good." We are already seeing the beginning of this with the MLG invitational that featured Stork, Flash (etc) transitioning over to Sc2.
How much better to get wisdom than gold; to get insight rather than silver!
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
June 13 2012 03:00 GMT
#199
On June 13 2012 11:57 SirPinky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 11:44 Bagration wrote:
On June 13 2012 11:39 SirPinky wrote:
On June 13 2012 11:26 zEnVy wrote:
How is it that EG gets smashed in team leagues constantly? I understand MVP should be the better team, but their roster isn't so deep that they should be able to all kill even the decent foreign teams.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but EG, as a team seems to recruit players on their recent wins then once the player joins the team they "slump" (i.e. Huk)? Also Puma hasn't had any recent metionables either, has he? They just got 4-0 by MVP. I remember a couple month ago on IPL Liquid Sheth did the same thing and ALL-Killed their team. I used to cheer for these guys but with Idra's mega slump (and it seems Huk is there too), I guess I'll have to cross my fingers for Thorzain.


Puma did win IEM and NASL S2 while under EG, and Huk won MLG Orlando. EG has floundered in teamleagues, but then again, SK-IM, which was probably one of the most stacked teams this GSTL, floundered hard as well. Got to give EG credit for this though: They had a pretty good showing at MLG, got 3 guys into pools, and Puma even won his group. Tonight was embarassing, but better teams have been all-killed before.


Huk won MLG Orlando in October 2011. You know how many matches they've played since then .
How many months and/or years have to go by until he is considered in the same boat as Idra? I watched his stream when he was in Korea, and he consistantly lost to high masters with questionable builds - go figure...im not even a toss player :|
I think as more players come into the sc2 community, some of these players from EG, which were once considered "great" will now be called "good." We are already seeing the beginning of this with the MLG invitational that featured Stork, Flash (etc) transitioning over to Sc2.

all the foreigners, and most of the koreans, are going to get pushed into the "decent-aboveaverage player" category once BW pros start switching over full-time anyways lol
¯\_(シ)_/¯
nokz88
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1253 Posts
June 13 2012 03:07 GMT
#200
On June 13 2012 12:00 Whatson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2012 11:57 SirPinky wrote:
On June 13 2012 11:44 Bagration wrote:
On June 13 2012 11:39 SirPinky wrote:
On June 13 2012 11:26 zEnVy wrote:
How is it that EG gets smashed in team leagues constantly? I understand MVP should be the better team, but their roster isn't so deep that they should be able to all kill even the decent foreign teams.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but EG, as a team seems to recruit players on their recent wins then once the player joins the team they "slump" (i.e. Huk)? Also Puma hasn't had any recent metionables either, has he? They just got 4-0 by MVP. I remember a couple month ago on IPL Liquid Sheth did the same thing and ALL-Killed their team. I used to cheer for these guys but with Idra's mega slump (and it seems Huk is there too), I guess I'll have to cross my fingers for Thorzain.


Puma did win IEM and NASL S2 while under EG, and Huk won MLG Orlando. EG has floundered in teamleagues, but then again, SK-IM, which was probably one of the most stacked teams this GSTL, floundered hard as well. Got to give EG credit for this though: They had a pretty good showing at MLG, got 3 guys into pools, and Puma even won his group. Tonight was embarassing, but better teams have been all-killed before.


Huk won MLG Orlando in October 2011. You know how many matches they've played since then .
How many months and/or years have to go by until he is considered in the same boat as Idra? I watched his stream when he was in Korea, and he consistantly lost to high masters with questionable builds - go figure...im not even a toss player :|
I think as more players come into the sc2 community, some of these players from EG, which were once considered "great" will now be called "good." We are already seeing the beginning of this with the MLG invitational that featured Stork, Flash (etc) transitioning over to Sc2.

all the foreigners, and most of the koreans, are going to get pushed into the "decent-aboveaverage player" category once BW pros start switching over full-time anyways lol


pfffftttt... looks like someone wasn't watching the Kespa tournament this past MLG

BTW... WUT A MUNSTRUOS CREECHA! GLOURIOUS!
in a state of trance
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 152
ProTech138
JuggernautJason95
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 217
Dewaltoss 104
Hyuk 70
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift2049
Counter-Strike
fl0m1554
Fnx 753
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5391
crisheroes916
Khaldor906
Liquid`Hasu677
Other Games
summit1g7289
FrodaN2553
shahzam448
XBOCT334
KnowMe320
C9.Mang0199
ArmadaUGS123
ZombieGrub47
Trikslyr32
CosmosSc2 21
PPMD19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV262
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream62
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH362
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21032
Other Games
• imaqtpie859
• Shiphtur285
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 7m
Online Event
14h 7m
FEL
19h 7m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.