• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:48
CEST 21:48
KST 04:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8866 users

[IPL] TAC3: aTn/Type vs Dream Team WR1 (Day 7)

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
IGNProLeague
Profile Joined April 2011
1184 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 01:12:47
May 24 2012 17:26 GMT
#1
[image loading]




The time has come for our next Winners Round 1 match of the IGN Pro League Team Arena Challenge 3!


[image loading]IPL Team Arena Challenge 3


IPL Team Arena Challenge 3 General Discussion


Bracket: Official (Temporary) IPL Team Arena Challenge 3 Bracket


Stream Link: http://www.ign.com/ipl


When: Thursday, May 24 11:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00) (we will also have a European re-broadcast as usual at Friday, May 25 5:30pm GMT (GMT+00:00))



Format

This double-elimination tournament features 24 teams from around the world and is an All-Kill team format. This match is being played for Winners Round 1. The first team to defeat everyone on the opposing team's roster (5 wins, or a best of 9), will move on in the Winners Bracket, while the loser will drop down into the Losers Bracket. Keep in mind that this has a $20,000 prize pool, and only six teams will make it to the money!




[image loading][image loading]
Alternate / Type
ClouD
DarKFoRcE
Delphi
Socke
DBS
NarutO
nemuke
PSiArc
PhoeNix
SaltTheWound
breek
ReaL
ENZA

[image loading]
Dream Team Gaming
Nette
Otter
Someday
Always
NalrA
Peony
Royal
GGanDoL
row
Saga
Sickness
sCaR



The First Game of the IPL Team Arena Challenge 3 is on Thursday, May 24 11:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00) (we will also have a European re-broadcast as usual at Friday, May 25 5:30pm GMT (GMT+00:00))


Poll: Who Will Win?!

aTn Type (36)
 
68%

Dream Team Gaming (17)
 
32%

53 total votes

Your vote: Who Will Win?!

(Vote): aTn Type
(Vote): Dream Team Gaming




Results!

+ Show Spoiler [aTn Type vs dtG Results] +
Socke < Daybreak > NalrA
Socke < Antiga Shipyard > Sickness
DarKFoRcE < Atlantis Spaceship > Sickness
ReaL < Ohana > Sickness
ReaL < Cloud Kingdom > Otter
Delphi < Tal'Darim Altar > Otter
DBS < Entombed Valley > Otter
Congratulations to Dream Team Gaming, winning 5-2! They move on to WR2 and Alternate Type falls to LR1!



Map List

IPLMap Sanshorn Mists AE
IPLMap Atlantis Spaceship
IPLMap Antiga Shipyard
IPLMap Daybreak
IPLMap Tal'Darim Altar LE
IPLMap Cloud Kingdom
IPLMap Metropolis
IPLMap Ohana
IPLMap Entombed Valley

All the maps can be found on NA, EU, or KR by searching for IPLMap!

The first map will be on a set rotation, and then it is loser's pick.



Casters

This week's games will be commentated by Kevin Knocke and Doa!




Stay up to date with IPL5, IPL TV, IPL Fight Club, and IPL Team Arena Challenge by
checking our [image loading] Facebook, [image loading] Twitter, [image loading] YouTube, and Twitch.TV!
ssg
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1779 Posts
May 24 2012 17:37 GMT
#2
Starters?
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
May 24 2012 17:38 GMT
#3
On May 25 2012 02:37 ssg wrote:
Starters?


They don't release them so people don't go looking at match histories and spoiling results.
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
Champloo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1850 Posts
May 24 2012 17:43 GMT
#4
On paper this looks like a clear win fpr AtnType, but tbh I think it will be a really close match. DTG seemed to do well in the qualifiers and Alternate always disappoints in team leagues...
Yonnua
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2331 Posts
May 24 2012 17:51 GMT
#5
Dreamteam hwaiting!
LRSL 2014 Finalist! PartinG | Mvp | Bomber | Creator | NaNiwa | herO
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
May 24 2012 20:02 GMT
#6
Go go DTG, you can do it! :D
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
brokenLoL
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom419 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 20:06:38
May 24 2012 20:05 GMT
#7
1. I don't think that is BW Nal rA.
2. When the Hell did aTn and Type form an alliance? I really don't remember this being on the front page of TL or r/starcraft or anyone talking about it anyway.
Save me from myself
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
May 24 2012 20:07 GMT
#8
Wonder if this was played before the D3 release if it was after i doubt Darkforce played ^^
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 20:11:43
May 24 2012 20:11 GMT
#9
GGanDoL allkill please :D
edit: whoops randomly quoted something
Probably going to be 5-3 aTn/Type
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
May 24 2012 20:12 GMT
#10
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 20:18:05
May 24 2012 20:17 GMT
#11
On May 25 2012 05:12 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....


You never heard of GGanDoL or Sickness, really?

On other note: Alternate/Type fighting!
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 20:22:00
May 24 2012 20:21 GMT
#12
On May 25 2012 05:12 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....


They are a Korean team, and they are REALLY good... I don't know where they practice or if they practice together, but from my experiences with DTG they are so damn good... Not sure if they are pros just smurfing for fun, but they are really good. Nalra is one of note, and GGanDoL as well I believe.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
o)_Saurus
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany260 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 20:24:51
May 24 2012 20:24 GMT
#13
On May 25 2012 05:21 GreEny K wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 05:12 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....


They are a Korean team, and they are REALLY good... I don't know where they practice or if they practice together, but from my experiences with DTG they are so damn good... Not sure if they are pros just smurfing for fun, but they are really good. Nalra is one of note, and GGanDoL as well I believe.


Guess they are quite decent? :D

aTn/Type fighting! Everything is possible here, let's hope for huge entertainment.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
May 24 2012 20:35 GMT
#14
On May 25 2012 05:17 JustPassingBy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 05:12 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....


You never heard of GGanDoL or Sickness, really?

On other note: Alternate/Type fighting!


Nope

On May 25 2012 05:21 GreEny K wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 05:12 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....


They are a Korean team, and they are REALLY good... I don't know where they practice or if they practice together, but from my experiences with DTG they are so damn good... Not sure if they are pros just smurfing for fun, but they are really good. Nalra is one of note, and GGanDoL as well I believe.


NalrA is an imposter right? :o
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
May 24 2012 20:39 GMT
#15
On May 25 2012 05:35 FabledIntegral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 05:17 JustPassingBy wrote:
On May 25 2012 05:12 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....


You never heard of GGanDoL or Sickness, really?

On other note: Alternate/Type fighting!


Nope

Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 05:21 GreEny K wrote:
On May 25 2012 05:12 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....


They are a Korean team, and they are REALLY good... I don't know where they practice or if they practice together, but from my experiences with DTG they are so damn good... Not sure if they are pros just smurfing for fun, but they are really good. Nalra is one of note, and GGanDoL as well I believe.


NalrA is an imposter right? :o


Okay, Sickness is a Korean protoss who was extremely hyped at one point, because he showed great illussion usage (like ImSeed) and, in the late game against terran, would cannon up key locations of the map in order to prevent his opponents bio from roaming freely.

GGanDoL is the player who got a buy till the very last round of Code A qualifiers and only had to beat Cella in a bo3 to advance to Code A, which he did. And he got so many buys while other players in his bracket (notably Cella and Jinro) had to play pretty much from the very first round or two.
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
May 24 2012 20:41 GMT
#16
On May 25 2012 05:39 JustPassingBy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 05:35 FabledIntegral wrote:
On May 25 2012 05:17 JustPassingBy wrote:
On May 25 2012 05:12 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....


You never heard of GGanDoL or Sickness, really?

On other note: Alternate/Type fighting!


Nope

On May 25 2012 05:21 GreEny K wrote:
On May 25 2012 05:12 FabledIntegral wrote:
I'm guessing DTG is a smaller European team? I've never heard of a single one of their players... :o.

Maybe the equivalent of a team like ItsGosu on NA? Although I feel like EU players still know a majority of them, hm....


They are a Korean team, and they are REALLY good... I don't know where they practice or if they practice together, but from my experiences with DTG they are so damn good... Not sure if they are pros just smurfing for fun, but they are really good. Nalra is one of note, and GGanDoL as well I believe.


NalrA is an imposter right? :o


Okay, Sickness is a Korean protoss who was extremely hyped at one point, because he showed great illussion usage (like ImSeed) and, in the late game against terran, would cannon up key locations of the map in order to prevent his opponents bio from roaming freely.

GGanDoL is the player who got a buy till the very last round of Code A qualifiers and only had to beat Cella in a bo3 to advance to Code A, which he did. And he got so many buys while other players in his bracket (notably Cella and Jinro) had to play pretty much from the very first round or two.

GGanDoL did play pretty well against B4 in code A though so he shouldn't be laughed off.
Glorious SEA doto
Catatonic
Profile Joined August 2011
United States699 Posts
May 24 2012 20:41 GMT
#17
Atn is pretty bad ( really overrated in my opinion) but they're not as bad as DTG so they should win this.
T: DeMuslim SeleCT. P: Naniwa Genius. Z: IdrA Destiny Team: EG
RageCommodore
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany912 Posts
May 24 2012 20:42 GMT
#18
On May 25 2012 05:05 brokenLoL wrote:
1. I don't think that is BW Nal rA.
2. When the Hell did aTn and Type form an alliance? I really don't remember this being on the front page of TL or r/starcraft or anyone talking about it anyway.

I believe they only joined forces for this tournament because Alternate has too few players for a bo9.
BW: sGs.sTaRfaLL SC2: MarojiN | fan of: Darkforce, DBS, Last, Mvp, BoguS/InnoVatioN | Executer vs Choosy on Gladiator - Never forget T-T
Ramuh
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany238 Posts
May 24 2012 20:47 GMT
#19
On May 25 2012 05:42 RageCommodore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 05:05 brokenLoL wrote:
1. I don't think that is BW Nal rA.
2. When the Hell did aTn and Type form an alliance? I really don't remember this being on the front page of TL or r/starcraft or anyone talking about it anyway.

I believe they only joined forces for this tournament because Alternate has too few players for a bo9.


Yeah only 4. I hope they will eventually pick up one or two more
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-24 21:02:38
May 24 2012 21:01 GMT
#20
Go dtG! Nobody believes, but you can do it!

FYI dtG beat aTn-Type in the qualifiers. They definitely deserve more love!
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason78
BRAT_OK 72
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17824
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 185
Hyuk 140
ggaemo 109
firebathero 106
ZZZero.O 77
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8267
febbydoto18
League of Legends
Doublelift1322
Counter-Strike
Fnx 603
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4437
Khaldor1262
crisheroes1099
Liquid`Hasu798
Other Games
summit1g3881
FrodaN2462
fl0m1108
Beastyqt846
mouzStarbuck332
KnowMe326
ArmadaUGS133
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
BasetradeTV191
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 114
• Adnapsc2 23
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 52
• 80smullet 22
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8240
Other Games
• imaqtpie820
• Shiphtur261
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 12m
INu's Battles
16h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 12m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.